It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do guns matter more to Americans than...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Nolimits

macman
reply to post by boymonkey74

Oh, so you have a limited privilege for firearms. Some, but not others.
Do you want a cookie for that, or a parade?

www.lannertactical.com...

UK legal AR15

As for magazine limitations, they do not exist here.

You are required by law to have the relevant permission to own a Firearm or Section 1 Component thereof and have an empty 'slot' or 'section' on your certificate for the relevant component or weapon, before such an item can be transfered into your possession

You have to have the required Govt permission to own such a firearm.

Still not seeing the "right" that has been spoken of.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nolimits

I remember them coming to our aid in our neediest hour WW2 (ok a little late like lol
).
Iam glad we gave up that canal it effectively handed the world police baton to the Americans, we knew we couldn't be number one for so long and gave that to the USA.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
From what I've read the early drafts had the second ammendment but with an extra clause, permitting people (like quakers) to not be forced into a militia if their religious beliefs forbid them from harming someone else.

www.secondamendmentinfo.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Meh I say.

It has nothing to do with "consciousness" and more to do with I truly don't care what happens with other countries.
It is the people that reside in their country that have the responsibility of that.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

boymonkey74

I remember them coming to our aid in our neediest hour WW2 (ok a little late like lol
).
Iam glad we gave up that canal it effectively handed the world police baton to the Americans, we knew we couldn't be number one for so long and gave that to the USA.

I'd rather be speaking German now, for all the good the yanks ever did.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Nolimits
. Remember how their people funded the IRA.

Maybe your Govt should stop trying to rule over the Irish then......

Nah, your okay with that right??? You know, imposing your will/want on others. Like stating because you don't see a "need" for an AR15, it therefore should not be allowed.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

macman

Nolimits

macman
reply to post by boymonkey74

Oh, so you have a limited privilege for firearms. Some, but not others.
Do you want a cookie for that, or a parade?

www.lannertactical.com...

UK legal AR15

As for magazine limitations, they do not exist here.

You are required by law to have the relevant permission to own a Firearm or Section 1 Component thereof and have an empty 'slot' or 'section' on your certificate for the relevant component or weapon, before such an item can be transfered into your possession

You have to have the required Govt permission to own such a firearm.

Still not seeing the "right" that has been spoken of.

Just means our kids can go to school safe and sound. Nothing any US parent can ever say with honesty.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

NonsensicalUserName
From what I've read the early drafts had the second ammendment but with an extra clause, permitting people (like quakers) to not be forced into a militia if their religious beliefs forbid them from harming someone else.

www.secondamendmentinfo.com...

Yes, the 2nd went through some, let's say transformations throughout the drafting process.

But, what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

macman

Nolimits

Nah, your okay with that right??? You know, imposing your will/want on others. Like stating because you don't see a "need" for an AR15, it therefore should not be allowed.

You mean the protestant majority that voted democratically to leave the newly formed Irish Free State and join the UK? I suppose you are talking about us "ruling" over the minority who could very easily cross the border?

Why is it that yanks always talk with such authority over subjects they have little to no knowledge on? It's beyond ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Don't worry too much. Looks like you may be speaking Arabic soon, with the influx of radical Muslims....Or maybe Chinese or Russian perhaps.

Do you have a membership to Rosetta Stone???

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Are you simple?
You would have preferred Hitler ruling the UK? living under a nazi regime?.
The Americans helped us out big time, yes they made money out of it but every country is a business also.
I also thank everyother country who helped fight the Nazi's the russians, the Poles heck even the French lol.
Dude you are new here on ATS or are you a returning banned member with a grudge.

BTW everyone I apologise sincerely for the words coming from my fellow Brit.

Where is Cabin it's all his fault lol.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Oh, so Laws automagically mean safety????

My God, I guess that by outlawing Murder we are all safe.

Did someone forget to pass that info to the criminals though?? They seem to not be following that law.

Or......are you blindly marching to the Piper playing the song that is tuned to banning an object means people won't commit crimes???

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by Cabin

The guns won't be the reason behind the revolution, but they will be the tools.

link   

Cabin
-You ,guys, are getting screwed over in every possibly way by different corporations, who are influencing the laws by lobby-work.

Doesnt affect everyone directly. Of those who are affected most don't see it or notice it.

-Your government is paying for healthcare more per capita than Norway, one of the most expensive countries in the world, does, times more than I do, yet the average joe can not receive quality healthcare without paying significant amount for it due to incredible costs.This can often lead to lower productivity rates for poorer people due to not being able to treat themselves fully. While at the same time Norwegians get all their health problems fixed without paying something extra.

Two-parter. Again it doesnt affect everybody and most dont notice it also when something has always been one way for a group of people they honestly don't know or don't believe it could be another way. Certainly not a better way.

-Receiving higher education without getting into debt is hard, unless the young person has rich parents or truly has remarkable talent. While near to every job requires college degree.

They dont notice because they like being on either side of it. This is a situation where most enjoy the cross their bear so what little push to change there is is halfhearted.

-Public education is also not doing the best, considering PISA tests, which compare education systems and knowledge of youth around the world. Seemingly again, the for-profit profit schools are setting the standards for education and without paying, you do not receive that much, especially when living in poorer area.

When the education system falls behind the students fall behind. Students that have fallen behind don't know they're behind because they're behind. A moron doesnt know how stupid he really is when all his peers are just as stupid.

-Your police is out of control, at least based on ATS picture.

Doesnt affect everyone and most people in the US still have this "he deserved it" attitude and live under the myth that police can do no wrong. Generations of training and the fact that the US is so huge play into this. For all intents and purposes a place like Great Britain is a packed island as big as a single state in the US so when some cops in Florida go nuts or an entire department in California is shut down due to corruption it may as well be some village in Argentina for all people in Maine or Wyoming care.

I could go through them all but the gist is if it doesnt directly affect you you tend not to notice or care. It's "somebody elses problem" when schools suck, the NSA records phone calls, police break a face......

The guns thing directly affects tens of millions of people across all spectrums so people notice it on a larger scale and react at a louder volume.

I would love it if everyone noticed every liberty infringing act and reacted just as strongly but the truth is a lot of people are either hopelessly ignorant or they actually approve of certain liberty infringing acts.

So guns arent more important than any of these other issues. There is just a larger group of people who are directly affected so they notice it and react to it more noticeably than say folks speaking out against 4th amendment violations.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

boymonkey74

Are you simple?
You would have preferred Hitler ruling the UK? living under a nazi regime?.
The Americans helped us out big time, yes they made money out of it but every country is a business also.
I also thank everyother country who helped fight the Nazi's the russians, the Poles heck even the French lol.
Dude you are new here on ATS or are you a returning banned member with a grudge.

BTW everyone I apologise sincerely for the words coming from my fellow Brit.

Where is Cabin it's all his fault lol.

At least hitler was an honest enemy. The yanks will never be that honest with us.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Nolimits

macman

Nolimits

You mean the protestant majority that voted democratically to leave the newly formed Irish Free State and join the UK? I suppose you are talking about us "ruling" over the minority who could very easily cross the border?

Why is it that yanks always talk with such authority over subjects they have little to no knowledge on? It's beyond ridiculous.

Ah, I love that it is okay for the "Protestants" to move a country, but not a US citizen to own a specific firearm. SO your okay with a religious group being the driving factor for Govt policies?

Oh by the way, I have relatives that are in Ireland. So maybe, just maybe I might be a little more informed then the average yank.

Nahhh, that can't be it.

Here, hold my beer (I don't drink actually) while I shoot this can off tha head of a baby seal while I bathe in oil and tune my TY to Oprah.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Wind you up for what????

You Brits never get excited, or angry. I know this because I watched Monty Python.

And you are busy drinking because that is what I say on "Simply Fabulous".

I love my British Education based on 'Merican TV

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Try again.

www.theguardian.com...

Yep, a real paradise you got there.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join