It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do guns matter more to Americans than...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

macman

Nolimits

macman

Nolimits
. Remember how their people funded the IRA.

Maybe your Govt should stop trying to rule over the Irish then......

Nah, your okay with that right??? You know, imposing your will/want on others. Like stating because you don't see a "need" for an AR15, it therefore should not be allowed.

You mean the protestant majority that voted democratically to leave the newly formed Irish Free State and join the UK? I suppose you are talking about us "ruling" over the minority who could very easily cross the border?

Why is it that yanks always talk with such authority over subjects they have little to no knowledge on? It's beyond ridiculous.

Ah, I love that it is okay for the "Protestants" to move a country, but not a US citizen to own a specific firearm. SO your okay with a religious group being the driving factor for Govt policies?

Oh by the way, I have relatives that are in Ireland. So maybe, just maybe I might be a little more informed then the average yank.

Nahhh, that can't be it.

Here, hold my beer (I don't drink actually) while I shoot this can off tha head of a baby seal while I bathe in oil and tune my TY to Oprah.

Oh sweet, you got family members there. I'm half Irish and spent my childhood there. I saw what your dollars did. I have never and will never forgive you lot.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

bastion
reply to post by greencmp

And your reply isn't bulverism? You could at least have tried to disprove my point that there is no reasonable justification for carrying an AR15 around town.

Instead all you did was proved my point some Americans are more interested in carrying weapons than preserving free speech.

edit on 11-3-2014 by bastion because: (no reason given)

reply to post by macman

Because there's a little thing called free speech. I'm not going to shut up just because you don't agree with what I have to say. Same way I'm not asking you to shut up.
edit on 11-3-2014 by bastion because: (no reason given)

I think you will find no cases where an individual who believes in the second amendment does not believe in the first.

Conversely, there are droves of people who do not believe in the second amendment who also do not believe in the first.
edit on 11-3-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nolimits

Me and him has sorted that out in PM's and are pals again

You are talking BS like I said different culture and you came into this thread just to antagonise the Americans who many I consider freinds here on ATS.
Also to say you would have preferred Germany winning than getting help from the Yanks (sorry lol ) is disgusting and I bet your granddad or whatever family was around at that point would be ashamed of you.
SHAME ON YOU.

So be the man and apologise yourself, cos it is needed.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Who said I sent money for anything???

You sure do assume a lot.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

So you enjoy the freedom that America helped you keep, but you hate America for it?

Are you this confused about everything?

And America didn't make huge loads of money from WW2, most of the stuff we sent to the UK was on our dime.

And then there's the Marshall Plan, where America paid to rebuild Europe.

Was that money ever paid back?

No, it was forgiven by the U.S.A..
edit on 11-3-2014 by Hmmmmmmm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

boymonkey74

Me and him has sorted that out in PM's and are pals again

You are talking BS like I said different culture and you came into this thread just to antagonise the Americans who many I consider freinds here on ATS.
Also to say you would have preferred Germany winning than getting help from the Yanks (sorry lol ) is disgusting and I bet your granddad or whatever family was around at that point would be ashamed of you.
SHAME ON YOU.

So be the man and apologise yourself, cos it is needed.

I would have preferred that we stayed out of the war altogether. I would have preferred that we didn't have to go cap in hand prostrated to the yanks for a pittance and a few rustbuckets. I'd prefer if you stopped ordering me about and started showing a bit of #ing pride? You're telling me I'm here to insult the yanks, all I can see is the yanks insulting us. All I ever see is the yanks having a pop at our expense.

Like I said to you earlier, you don't speak for me. Period. Full stop.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Don't ever call yourself a Great Briton then with your disgusting view that we would have been better under Nazi rule then getting help from the Yanks in WW2.
Do you understand how many of us Brits died fighting them? plus many from other countries? you should be ashamed of yourself...bloody Nazi lover.
edit on 11-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

If you knew me you would know Iam very proud to be from my country many ATS members will stand up for me and say that.
You are a hypocrite saying be proud of our country but spit on all the dead people who fought Nazism.
Shame on you.

(post by Nolimits removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Question answered.

Maybe you should read up on who else is in NATO.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If you are thinking they are slagging us off be the bigger man and give them facts eh? talk to them nicely and do not provoke them, no point is there?.
Let me ask you have you ever spoken to anyone who fought in WW2?.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

NonsensicalUserName

kdyam
Last time I checked England lost their rights to "bear" arms. Look at the violent crime rate there now.... one of the highest in the world.

yes but how many of those crimes involve guns?

From what I've heard its mostly just thugs stabbing and cubbing each other.

That is true the amount of gun related is down... instead there is more beatings, stabbing and clubbing, muggings, rapes ect.... take the guns away from a people and the thugs and criminals have fair play, sure they are not shooting anyone, but they now have an unarmed populace to menace because they have little fear of getting shot. It's not just thugs clubbing each other, its thugs menacing the general population. A knife if just as dangerous as a gun when in the right hands, so is a club, so is a tire iron.. they can all kill and maim.

Tired of beating a dead horse but here in the US the cities with the most strict gun regulations have the highest crime rates... the correlation is obvious... we can use the UK as a study in the proof of that matter.
edit on 11-3-2014 by kdyam because: dotting the i's

link   

You are an utter disgrace.
Whichever side of the Atlantic people are viewing you from, both see the same disgrace.

link   

Nolimits

I'd rather be a slave than be allied to America and their NATO puppet strings.

No Limits indeed.
edit on 11-3-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

(post by Nolimits removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hmmmmmmm

>implying violence doesn't happen in american classrooms.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The real question here, OP, is why are YOU fixated on guns?

You start out by proclaiming you don't want this to be America-bashing then proceed to a litany of complaints about the American system. It would be relatively easy to go through your list and point out how your perception of American life is colored by your own biases and prejudices, but the real issue is WHY you think Americans are more interested in guns than any of those things you listed.

WHY, for example, do you believe that Americans are MORE interested in guns than in health care? Where did you come up with that idea? It seems to me that the health care debate has been going on hot and heavy for several years now both with the populace as a whole and various legislative bodies. If I were to guess what has captured American consciousness here lately I would put health care, foreign policy, taxes, and spending way up the list and guns fairly far down. Yes, it is certainly a concern, with the population severely divided on the issue, and it may be something you don't discuss in your country because all your guns have been taken away from you, but that hardly means that Americans put guns at the top of the list of cultural and social issues to debate.

The question is, why do you? And further, why have you made such a monumental mistake?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

stargatetravels

You are an utter disgrace.
Whichever side of the Atlantic people are viewing you from, both see the same disgrace.

I'm touched. Truly touched.

As for have I met WW2 veterans. Yes I have. Funnily enough, they all agreed. War is hell.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join