It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do guns matter more to Americans than...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Nolimits

thesaneone
reply to post by Cabin

Please don't take this as a snarky reply.

When your born with these rights it just can't be explained to an outsider.

Americans always act as if they are the only people on the planet with rights. Such a shame most of them do not realise they are almost directly taken from the Common laws of England and the Magna Carta.

It is extremely grating, especially since your government seems hellbent on openly doing to you what other governments would never dare to be so open about.

As Americans we do have rights, they belong to us and only us as granted by our constitution. It doesn't matter where they were derived, they still belong to us. Other countries have rights as well, granted by their charters, constitutions ect... we have never acted like we are the only ones on the planet with rights. The problem is with people in other countries voicing opinions on what they think our rights should be when they don't live here.

As for your last line, I would rather have things done openly than behind closed doors.. Keep living in dark if you feel otherwise. As Americans we don't care so much what other people think about us individually because without living here and truly understanding what it is to be American you have no idea.

Last time I checked England lost their rights to "bear" arms. Look at the violent crime rate there now.... one of the highest in the world.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

bastion
reply to post by macman

No because we're not a completely backwards country who thinks school shootings/gun crime and the like is a small price to pay for pretending to be Rambo when going shopping.

Bulverism, pure unadulterated adolescent trash talking and not facilitative to informed discussion.

edit on 11-3-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

link   
Guns are the separation from tyranny simply because of the belief that if things get too bad, we will be able to defend ourselves and fight back against the government.

However... most people are too afraid to actually fight anyway. It just makes them feel better to have guns and pretend like they are fighting then to actually take the fight to the enemy.

link   
reply to post by woodsmom

I think you'll find boymonkey was referring to the lack of dangerous animals in the UK.....not the US.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Iam in the UK I was talking about here in the UK hence no need for AR15's etc.
I respect the fact you do and I would want one also If I lived in the USA.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
In the case of needing to overthrow tyranny; you either A. get crushed by the military, or B. see the military rebel, in which case an armed citizenry wouldn't be needed anyway.
edit on 11-3-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Fair enough, sorry about that then. I misunderstood.
Someone did tell me last week that the largest critters you have are fox.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I bumped into a very large Badger once I had to run away it chased me.

Oh and we have lots of deer around my parts, often I bump into them around the woods near me.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

There is also the new regulation making the area surrounding holders of certain elected offices into zones where free speech is prohibited.

reason.com

"Current law makes it illegal to enter or remain in an area where certain government officials (more particularly, those with Secret Service protection) will be visiting temporarily if and only if the person knows it's illegal to enter the restricted area but does so anyway. [H.R. 347] expands current law to make it a crime to enter or remain in an area where an official is visiting even if the person does not know it's illegal to be in that area and has no reason to suspect it's illegal..

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

kdyam
Last time I checked England lost their rights to "bear" arms. Look at the violent crime rate there now.... one of the highest in the world.

yes but how many of those crimes involve guns?

From what I've heard its mostly just thugs stabbing and cubbing each other.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kdyam

The crime stats are reported differently here so the stats look like they are very high.
I ran pubs for 15 years around the country and the violence is just people having a scrap on a Friday night pissed up.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Fromabove

bastion
reply to post by macman

In the UK we have better ones as we automatically have the right unless it's explicitly removed. In the US you have to wait to be granted them or rely on a codified constitution which can't be updated to keep up with modern society or technology.
edit on 11-3-2014 by bastion because: (no reason given)

No, you do not have rights you have privileges which is different. Rights are something not even the government itself can take away. In your country all you have to do is speak your mind and they will limit your freedoms pure and simple.

No we have the Magna Carta and various other documents that make up our uncodified constitution. We also have the Human Rights Act which government is powerless to change and includes freedom of speech providing you're not inciting terror, hatred or racism.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

macman

Oh, so you have a limited privilege for firearms. Some, but not others.
Do you want a cookie for that, or a parade?

www.lannertactical.com...

UK legal AR15

As for magazine limitations, they do not exist here.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Honestly, you clearly don't understand private property, do you?

You don't have the right to freedom of speech on private property.

If it is a State run Campus, then there is an issue.

If it is a private campus, sorry, no rights to speak anywhere anytime.

(post by Nolimits removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

macman
Here is my question. Why do you care???

edit on 11-3-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

Allow me to explicitly state the implication here.... I don't care about nameless, faceless people I can't see.... why do you?

The pen is mightier than the sword. --yea if the pen is used to pull a machine gun trigger! Go team murica' !!

Come and take them gunz!!! I've been spending a lot of time and money make sure my suicide is the best one on the block.

In all seriousness. The first battle, which cannot be won with violence, is the battle for conscience. Based on the facts presenting themselves every day around me, I conclude that conscience is a very rare commodity in 'murica

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
No limits can you stop it please? you are giving us Brits a bad name by trying to troll and wind up our pals from the USA.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

And your reply isn't bulverism? You could at least have tried to disprove my point that there is no reasonable justification for carrying an AR15 around town.

Instead all you did was proved my point some Americans are more interested in carrying weapons than preserving free speech.

reply to post by macman

Because there's a little thing called free speech. I'm not going to shut up just because you don't agree with what I have to say. Same way I'm not asking you to shut up.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

boymonkey74
No limits can you stop it please? you are giving us Brits a bad name by trying to troll and wind up our pals from the USA.

They're not my pals. Remember how they stabbed us in the back at Suez. Remember how their people funded the IRA.

No "friend" would ever behave that way. Christ I trust the Germans more than the Americans.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Personally, I'm not worried so much about the 4 legged critters, as the 2 legged critters.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join