It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do guns matter more to Americans than...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

No because we're not a completely backwards country who thinks school shootings/gun crime and the like is a small price to pay for pretending to be Rambo when going shopping.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

How about a little respect for our laws? we just do not have your gun culture but it doesn't mean we are less free than you.
If you look into our history we the people have had up rising to get rid of the ruling class, we will do it again If needed.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by macman

Like I said handguns went because of public opinion.
We don't need AR15's we have no wild animals that can kill us really.
I could carry a shotgun in a case down the road or a rifle as long as it is in a case or something...don't wanna scare folk.

So, you then, don't have the right to own a handgun, nor an AR15 (Which you avoided answering by stating you don't need it) nor do you have the right to carry a firearm openly.

Regardless if you "don't wanna scare folks", you don't have said right.

Thanks for playing though.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by macman

Firearms? I have a gunsmith down the road and I can get one with a licence and a lockbox and a background check.

www.aaronwheelergunsmith.co.uk...

We don't have handguns because after Dunblaine public opinion wanted them banned.

I can burn charcoal when ever I want...
Never been told I can not say what I want in the uk also.

Ok, I have to reply but I'll be a troll if I don't get off the computer but I can't take the madness. I have to repeat this.

You do not have rights. You have privileges which is different. Don't you even understand common law which governs your country? In other words you can use charcoal until they say you can't, and since the public opinion of the day says you can't have a gun, you don't have that as a right either.

Gotta go before I troll. I'll be back later when I can calm down a bit.

link   
reply to post by bastion

Most pathetic thing i have read so far today.

link   
reply to post by bastion

Come on dude respect their way of life eh? different culture isn't it.
If I lived in the USA I would want to be armed also they have nasty critters that can eat you lol.

link   

bastion
reply to post by macman

No because we're not a completely backwards country who thinks school shootings/gun crime and the like is a small price to pay for pretending to be Rambo when going shopping.

Yeah, okay then. Sure sure.

Please, stay in your country.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You make it sound as if walking down the street waving an AR15 about is a good thing, something to be proud about or we should be envious of you having the 'freedom' to do.

This is why the rest of the world shakes their heads at America.
edit on 11-3-2014 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Always turns into USA v UK and Iam sick of it.
I apologise for the OP but remember we are an older nation and have done things different from you. We did have the Magna Carter a very long time ago you know.
Doesn't mean we are less free or more free...heck at least we are all free eh?.
Anyhow Iam out enjoy shouting and chest beating all.
edit on 11-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by macman

How about a little respect for our laws? we just do not have your gun culture but it doesn't mean we are less free than you.
If you look into our history we the people have had up rising to get rid of the ruling class, we will do it again If needed.

So let me get this straight. You, as a Non-US person here, get to chime in on US laws, specifically OUR guns laws, and then get butt hurt when challenged about your own laws???

I have yet, to go onto a thread here on ATS, and tell other people in foreign countries what they need to do and not do, when it comes to THEIR laws.
Maybe you should follow the same idea. Instead of injecting your crap, then crying when shown your full of it.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

bastion
You make it sound as if walking down the street waving an AR15 about is a good thing, something to be proud about or we should be envious of you having the 'freedom' to do.

This is why the rest of the world shakes their heads at America.
edit on 11-3-2014 by bastion because: (no reason given)

And this is why most of America could care less what those in the UK think of us. Or any other country.

How about this. You deal with your crap in your country and I won't inject my ways onto you, and you do that in return??
Or is that so far out of the scope of thought for you and other UK members here?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Was only exercising my right to free speech dude, seems some US types on here can't hack that.

For some strange reason I'm not a big fan of regular mass shootings and out of control gun crime, can't put my finger on why though.

link   
reply to post by macman

Please show me where I have slagged of your gun laws in this thread? I have in fact stuck up for them.
Maybe a long time ago before USA members of ATS changed my mind (ty for that) but I always stick up for your guns laws.
Just because ours are different doesn't mean they are wrong, like I said different cultures you have a gun culture we don't.
edit on 11-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

link   

boymonkey74

Anyhow Iam out enjoy shouting and chest beating all

Thanks and watch the door, as it swings back towards you on the way out.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Who's to say that we don't worry about and actively try to remedy those issues in our lives?

There is a growing movement to address our food concerns. Many families grow and raise as much of their own sustenance as possible and also choose to wild harvest, process and preserve their own products. More and more people are also becoming aware of the issues with GM foods, and doing their best to avoid them.

Our education system is in shambles yes, but again more and more people are taking matters into their own hands. There are other options available to educate your children, homeschooling, charter schools and private schools are all available. More people are also realizing that going into massive debt for a useless degree is counter productive to their lives. Not everyone is going to be a physicist or brain surgeon. Hands on training to enter a decent job that a person enjoys is not a bad thing.

There are always alternatives to the poisonous materials that we use on a daily basis. Yes, some of it comes down to cost, but it also comes down to awareness and possibly sacrificing something else to spend a bit more on a quality necessity. Not everyone is willing or able to do so, and that's not just in America I'm sure.

It is possible to live without debt ruling ones life. People just have to be willing to sacrifice some of the instant gratification attitude. Living beyond ones means is surely also not limited to Americans.

Healthcare is a big one. People need to be willing to do their own research and stop wanting a magical pill to fix their ills. Again the biggest problem for the majority is the instant gratification. A healthy diet and moderate exercise will prevent a lot of minor problems. Instead we start drugging people at a young age for being active bright children. It's laziness for the most part. I personally have seen medical doctors over the years for issues that I am battling now, and not a single one of them even picked up on them, even with invasive testing. So I sought out another option. I'm seeing a Naturopathic Doctor who pegged one issue in a matter of a few minutes, literally. Over the last three months he has given me my life back by telling me what to change and providing me with natural substances to heal my system. I had to make the conscious choice to ACT and change my diet, find my beloved fur baby a new home and change several other life factors. We are responsible for our own health and that of our families, not some for profit corporation.

My gun, nope you still can't take that from me either. It is by no means the most important thing in my life. But I refuse to give up the right protect myself from predators, furry or human. We have been given the right to hunt our food and protect ourselves by our constitution. Just as we have been given the rights to pursue our happiness or say what we want. I'm not willing to give any of them up.

Just please do not assume that it is the only things Americans are worried about on a regular basis. The issues at hand and the fact that we are quickly loosing our everyday freedom is what makes people grasp for some way to protect their freedoms, and gun control has long been at the forefront of the argument because an unarmed population has less of a chance.
edit on 11-3-2014 by woodsmom because: Stupid auto correct issues, sorry

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

You know what, your right. You didn't "slag" on our laws.

You did state I should respect your laws.

Funny, as I don't recall "slagging" your laws either.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Asking me If I wanted a cookie or a parade was the reason I asked you for respect for our gun laws...I respect yours have the common decency to respect ours please.
Why are you being such a prat and why are you itching for a fight eh?.
Can't we get along?.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I have to respectfully disagree.
Have you ever had a hungry bear within 15 feet of yourself or your family, a hungry bear who also wants the food that you are procuring to feed your family?

There are many parts of the country where wild animals are still a threat, especially in rural areas. Big ones too, like bears, mountain lions and wolves, goodness even a moose can be a deadly creature. I have been chased by a big mama myself, hellbent on making me pay for walking between her and her calf in the dark. Luckily I had an escape or I would not be here to type this today.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by buster2010

Oh good hell.

Where oh where are those places you listed being held???

Are they on private property??

You haven't heard of any of these things?

Majority of US college campuses becoming no free speech zones

Despite the explicit protections of the First Amendment, a majority of US institutions of higher learning enforce rules that severely restrict free speech on campus, according to a new study.

Also at the DNC and the RNC they have "free speech zones" this is the only place you are allowed to express yourself and your views which means you are denied your right to free speech. All of America should be a free speech zone not just selected areas. Even though it is private property during the conventions public access is allowed and our rights should be included with that access.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by macman

Asking me If I wanted a cookie or a parade was the reason I asked you for respect for our gun laws...I respect yours have the common decency to respect ours please.
Why are you being such a prat and why are you itching for a fight eh?.
Can't we get along?.

I thought we were getting along.

You stated you have some privileges when it comes to firearms. That is fantastic. Now what do you want to do with that?

If it were me, I would have asked for a parade with cookies. But, that's just me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join