It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help determining what this picture is.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

do these pictures convince you that you are mistaken?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

For those of you that missed it...

In contrast...
...would reveal characteristics of a lamp if that were the case, so no, not a lamp, would reveal a reflection, not a reflection, there is no light source bouncing back...

www.pfrr.alaska.edu...

Seems as though there are some testing areas around there...I took this picture from this sight...
Not saying it is the same thing, but maybe what we are seeing here is a rocket launch

but I found no evidence of this being the case...because...

Further research on this facility shows no launches during 2006, so unless you are not certain of the actual date the picture was taken it is still possible that it is a rocket test, they do have HAARP in Alaska and it is possible we are seeing an activation of that...not sure what HAARP looks like yet...will continue to look for more possibilities.

Then I researched HAARP pictures...

Still not the same, but doesn't mean its not possible..depends when the picture was taken during the activation or after, if they had beams of energy shooting up from just a few of the antennas maybe this is what you see in your picture?

No matter what, I think it is a very interesting picture and the OP has nothing to gain from trying to hoax anyone into believing it is real. Some people cannot just say wow...and leave it at that, if you want to offer possibilities, at least come with something to back them up. Trying to discredit the picture is not going to change the fact that it exist, now, if this was photo shopped it was one hell of a good fake...to generate this much interest.

BAW33

Clearly his picture doe not exhibit any of the characteristics associated with reflection or light pillars.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I searched 300 pictures of what can be termed light pillars, not one single picture even comes close to this.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Agreed. The OP asked for an explanation and that's what we're all giving - different possibilities.

at someone for providing an reasonable answer....

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Every picture I see of light pillars shows the continued source of the light, and any reflection would be obvious, no reflection period.

But it IS obvious. Not sure why you are having so much difficulty seeing an obvious reflection of light cast by a hanging light fixture on a ceiling.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Only thing obvious is you are not being reasonable.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmeine

Unlike most of you I have done research on this and have tried to offer possible solutions, reflection does not occur and these are not light pillars. The thing made a loud noise and I take the Op for his word that he will provide more info when he has it, as for you that insist on being unreasonable in your approach to this, saying what you think is fine, show me some proof that what you say is characteristic of this picture in question.

No matter what, I think it is a very interesting picture and the OP has nothing to gain from trying to hoax anyone into believing it is real. Some people cannot just say wow...and leave it at that, if you want to offer possibilities, at least come with something to back them up. Trying to discredit the picture is not going to change the fact that it exist, now, if this was photo shopped it was one hell of a good fake...to generate this much interest.

BAW33
edit on 12/10/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: add

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

www.flickr.com...
www.flickr.com...
www.flickr.com...
www.flickr.com...
www.flickr.com...
www.flickr.com...
www.flickr.com...@N08/2083946521/
www.flickr.com...
www.flickr.com...

Here ya go.

yeah right. these aren't even close to being the same light fixture

I challenge anyone [size=-3](who doesn't own a camera) to duplicate this picture exactly.
edit on 10-12-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
kinda looks like a portal opening in the ozone, with 3 beams of light coming down, might be Photoshop effect but still very interesting at least

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
maybe an aurora like this

www.bbc.co.uk...

picture 3

see the light bars and a slight semi circle around the right hand side.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Nope not even close.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

For those of you that missed it...

In contrast...
...would reveal characteristics of a lamp if that were the case, so no, not a lamp, would reveal a reflection, not a reflection, there is no light source bouncing back...

www.pfrr.alaska.edu...

Seems as though there are some testing areas around there...I took this picture from this sight...
Not saying it is the same thing, but maybe what we are seeing here is a rocket launch

but I found no evidence of this being the case...because...

Further research on this facility shows no launches during 2006, so unless you are not certain of the actual date the picture was taken it is still possible that it is a rocket test, they do have HAARP in Alaska and it is possible we are seeing an activation of that...not sure what HAARP looks like yet...will continue to look for more possibilities.

Then I researched HAARP pictures...

Still not the same, but doesn't mean its not possible..depends when the picture was taken during the activation or after, if they had beams of energy shooting up from just a few of the antennas maybe this is what you see in your picture?

BAW33

Clearly his picture doe not exhibit any of the characteristics associated with reflection or light pillars.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Holy crap! 10 pages on the reflection of a light fixture!

It's something similar to this type of uplighter

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Great picture.
Looks like it might be a Lenticular Cloud of some sort at first glance, coupled with another (maybe related) phenomena called a Light Pillar.
See these examples at en.wikipedia.org... (and I apologise for quoting wiki as a source, but in this case I think it is the correct answer).
The light pillar is a reflection from the horizontal surface of the bottom of the Lenticular Cloud, maybe?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I could make this same picture in a few minutes using a tool in paintshop/photoshop.

The FIRST question here, why do you think this is convincing and how do you exclude it's not simply a photoshop? I am sorry, a 6 year old with a smear brush can make this.

And UNLESS there is no doubt it cannot be made like this I cannot accept it as an even halfway remotely convincing UFO "photograph".

What's needed is the original image with EXIF data, but even the Exif can be edited afterwards.

Not impressed.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Nope not even close.
Agree. The first one is definitely a traditional flush mount. The other is more like an interior car light

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
In my non-expert opinion......they're meteorites.

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Charmeine

Unlike most of you I have done research on this and have tried to offer possible solutions, reflection does not occur and these are not light pillars. The thing made a loud noise and I take the Op for his word that he will provide more info when he has it, as for you that insist on being unreasonable in your approach to this, saying what you think is fine, show me some proof that what you say is characteristic of this picture in question.

BAW33
edit on 12/10/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: add

Once again, people blinded to the possibility they simply cannot explain something, so they try to discredit it...I think the picture in question speaks for itself, it is highly unusual and I have seen nothing in any posts here that remotely comes close to explaining it...keep telling me its a light reflection, that it is photo shopped, that it is light pillars, feel free to believe what you want...I for one have not seen any evidence to explain this yet.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
most if not all of the UFO's Ive heard about are extremely silent.But at the same time the three beams seem part of the "earth surface scanning we hear about. Anybody know whats down there on the surface worth "scanning??

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Every picture I see of light pillars shows the continued source of the light...

Not necessary. The picture below is a heavily processed (increased exposure and cropped) photo of light pillars I did myself the last winter. As you can see, the light is not continued. I don't know why this happens. Probably because of layers of air with different temperature.

I made a bunch of photos of these pillars and have the originals here, with all the EXIF one would need, if you are interested.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join