It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputies shoot, kill man after knocking on wrong door

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

All true.
But in the wrong/dead guys defense, we all react differently to stimuli when awakened in the wee hours.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

You're making a wrong assumption here. Guy wakes up to noise and grabs gun out of fear that someone may be breaking into house (if you're asleep when knock comes, you just hear a loud noise and don't necessarily know that it is a knock. You go and open the door and see police officers there, so of course you don't shoot them to protect yourself, because you've done nothing wrong are doing nothing wrong and don't feel the need to protect yourself....

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM.... Four or five shots to the chest....lights out...

Jaden

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

Ummmm.......Sounds to me like this may have been a "hit", and the probable planting of a gun and "some drugs"..................Things that make you go............hmmmmmm.

YouSir

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

There is no way, that it would happen that way today, Sorry but I just don't believe it. Just recently in FL the cops were chasing a suspect who jumped over a few fences, so they let the dog (police) go after him well the police dog ran into a private fenced in yard and started to fight with two pit bulls, so the police just shot the two pit bulls, despite the fact they were in there yard and chained up. Now every time they even enter the house they usually shoot the dog first.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
100% the cops fault,100%.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I'm allways a "pro law enforcement" person,, stated that many times on this site but I have to say these cops were wrong!!!! And all of them who fired a shot should be held for murder!!

If it was me being woken up by banging at the door at 1:30am ,, I guess I would be dead too!!!

This whole thing was wrong!!!

Be safe people

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Here in Canada, we just ask whos knocking, if they dont answer, you dont open. Then you just say your calling the cops, most people will go away. If they dont, you just call the cops, and they will be there in 5 minutes.

Live by the gun, Die by the gun. That isnt a theory, its a fact.

Answer a door with a gun in your hand expect to use it or be shot.

This happnes once very few years in Canada, if that. Still think your guns protect you? And from who??

By owning a gun, how much higher does it raise your life expectancy? And if all your neighbors have guns, including the crackhead down the street, does that make you safer?? Do your kids feel safe?? Ours do.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Something else that I think puts the police in the wrong, they say they "PROTECT AND SERVE" well I would think that if they seriously meant that, then they would rather be shot, than take an innocent persons life. They say they put there life on the line for the people, but they can't take chance and wait a few seconds to make sure that they have the right man? Even if one officer was shot, he is wearing a vest and the guy would have only gotten off one shot before the other officers emptied there clip in him.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

For once I actually agree with you, yes the cops sure have it bad in Florida (where all of this is happening) I say let em be so they can go back to having speeding violation induced sex with a doper they just pulled over so she can get out of a ticket.

What the hell is wrong with Florida now and days anyway? Seems like all of these stories recently are out of Florida???

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kman420

Thats very apple pie of you, glad to see Canada is what America was 30 years ago.

I have owned a gun for a very long time...only had to use it once...and that was actually to help a cop with no back up.

Funny how that works eh?

I would rather have one and not need it, than to need it and not have it. And in this day and age life expectancy or not, you may find yourself really needing one very badly.

You cant bring a frying pan to a gun fight sammy, just doesn't help at all.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

Agree with you %100! Guns are just like condoms, I would rather have one and not need it then need one and not have it!!!

Be safe people

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If you can call and have a unit there in 5 minutes, good. Out here, figure on an hour, maybe more.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Good stuff man. His racist comment was pretty uncalled for

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee

There is no way, that it would happen that way today, Sorry but I just don't believe it. Just recently in FL the cops were chasing a suspect who jumped over a few fences, so they let the dog (police) go after him well the police dog ran into a private fenced in yard and started to fight with two pit bulls, so the police just shot the two pit bulls, despite the fact they were in there yard and chained up. Now every time they even enter the house they usually shoot the dog first.

It was only about 4 years ago, and we were as shocked as anyone that it went down so easily.

I agree with you, I don't think it would happen that way today.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Something is not making sense with this whole thing.

First - If you are going to attempt an arrest of a person suspected / accused of murder, walking up to the front door and just knocking is a bit goofy (granted we dont have all the info but still).

Second - Were the deputies in uniform or were they in plain clothes? If they were in plain clothes what were they wearing and were the badges visible?

Third - Did the guy look through the peephole to see who was knocking? (I ask this question not to place blame but to establish if the cops were in uniform or not).

Fourth - How exactly did the resident answer the door with the gun. Was it simply in his hand and pointed down or did he have it pointed up and in the direction of the deputies?

I have answered the door at weird times in the night armed although I have never answered the door with my gun pointed up / at the person knocking. The part about not announcing themselves is weird as well.. Where did that info come from - the deputies or someone else? At the time this occured people are normally in bed / asleep which means they were either woken up by the deputies yelling, which apparently did not occur or they were woken up by the sound of gunshots, which is probable.

@ the person commenting on the police investigating themselves - the FDLE is investigating, not the Sheriff's department involved in the shooting. You will have 3 to 4 investigations covering the incident.

* - The agency involved will investigate if departmental policies were broken.
* - FDLE will do the criminal investigation into whether or not the actions were justified / lawful (or another independent law enforcement agency)..
* - The Prosecuting Attorneys office will either review the FDLE report or they will conduct their own investigation with their own staff and go from there.
* - Federal investigation into civil rights violations committed by Law Enforcement.

Assuming everything in the article / report is accurate something does not sound right.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
If you can call and have a unit there in 5 minutes, good. Out here, figure on an hour, maybe more.

I have a coworker that interrupted a thief that was in the process of removing items from his car, by pressing the muzzle of a loaded pistol to the back of his head. He called the police to report that a guy was stealing stuff from his car, they said 'Oh, if he didn't take anything, we won't come there.' He informed them that he was holding the thief at gunpoint, so they bothered themselves to come out.... 15 minutes later. then they wanted to take his car as evidence.
This was in a medium-sized city on the East Coast of the US.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
edit on 16-7-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

wondering myself on those exact questions. there is procedure and protocol for this that every officer undergoes in training and none of it appears to have been followed. again we need more info but the bullet holes going through the door have me skeptical that they followed protocol.

seems more like they let fear guide them verses training and they didn't identify themselves. this one has a bit of stench coming from it and could have been the doing of an overly nervous officer opening fire.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by phroziac
Wheres the riot? Heads should roll. Guess he wasnt black.
Id answer with a 45 behind my back

I have a feeling you intended this to be an offensive or derogatory comment, but instead it really shows the apathy of white people doesn't it?

I mean, you cant really criticize black people in this way without showing that perhaps they have a greater sense of justice and Human rights than the average white person.

You're right, there should be massive anger amongst the community, but I guess they're not black, and they don't give a rats ass about their neighbor being gunned down by cops?

Those incidents have NOTHING to do with the greater sense of justice, but rather the cause and effect of race baiting by the so called "leaders" of certain groups, "representing" the people.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yup, your right!! We don't have all the facts, I did hear the guys girlfriend was with him

What actualy happened we don't know, if the cops were wrong, then they need to be held accountable for it but

What actualy happened??? Why did the cops not identify themselfs??

Be safe people

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join