It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'They're killing us': world's most endangered tribe cries for help

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sturmovik1

I still blame the masses/population for letting the limited few get away with it...

education is the key.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by QQXXw

The people have lived like that for thousands upon thousands of years. What gives the government the right to tell them to up and leave? You sound like a right-wing government apologist.

We should not make special rules for those people and then different rules for everybody else

Their culture is a thorn in the progress of civilization

Different rules? You shouldn't be trying to make ANY rules for them. they are not in your jurisdiction.

Going back to your earlier comment of :

Originally posted by QQXXw
The people in those tribes wish to live in luxury without any modern responsibility. That land does not belong to them, it belongs to the government. They are not subjects of thier primitive king but rather of the head of state.

Primitive people should not be allowed to exist, otherwise, who is to say that I cannot demand equal rights to them?

You've obviously never been a tribesman if you think there is some sort of "luxury" involved in it. They have no "modern responsibility" because they are not a modern people. They've not signed on as participants in your pathetic rat race.

The land most certainly DOES belong to them and not "the government", since they've not sold what was theirs to begin with to the government. They are neither subjects of a "primitive king" nor the "head of state". They are subjects of themselves, and their own cultural structure, and not much else. You seem to be very, very jealous of the freedom they possess, and would prefer to drag them down to your own level of slavery rather than rise to their level of freedom, and I find that to be the most pathetic example of brainwashing I have ever had the misfortune to witness.

You don't have to demand any rights at all, much less equality with them. Keep your nose to that grindstone, keep running that hamster wheel, and leave freedom to the free.

You seem to be supremely unsuited to having freedom, so you don't have to demand it at all.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Really well said. I thought those posts were pretty much trolling to be honest so didn't respond. Glad you did though!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaddafi
You cannot blame the loggers, their bosses or their bosses’ bosses’.

Really? Watch this. THEY ARE WRONG. They have a choice. They just choose unwisely.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba

Unfortunately, it's not the first time this has happened before. The really hard part, at least to me is; that we think because of the knowledge we have from past history really makes a difference. It seems to me it doesn't.

True. Our society is a prime example of insanity. We do the same stupid things over and over and over, expecting different results.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
reply to post by nenothtu

Really well said. I thought those posts were pretty much trolling to be honest so didn't respond. Glad you did though!

Thank you. To be honest, I figured they were trolling as well - I've never, in all my days, run into anyone that dense - and I've run into all kinds. They seemed over the top to me, and so they probably were. If anything is over the top enough to penetrate my thick and primitive skull, it can't be for real!

Still, I'm sure there are people around who think that way, and who just don't have the nads to say it out loud, and my response was directed to them as well as that poster.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Many Awá are still uncontacted, and they are running for their lives.
‘One man has the power to stop the loggers: Brazil’s Minister of Justice.
But it’s just not his priority. Let’s push it up his list.’ — Colin Firth

Source is here, where there's also a petition you can sign and a message you can tweet or send on facebook : www.survivalinternational.org...

Edit : it's not far from the goal of 10,000 people, so thanks if you can spare a minute to sign it.

edit on 27-4-2012 by robhines because: added

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join