It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US asks China to explain why it wants carrier

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If I was China, I would just say "We want a carrier so that we can, uh, do stuff".

Seriously, carriers are so vulnerable (imagine a squadron of 20 Mach 2 Backfire bombers, each launching 3 AS-4 'Kitchen' missiles going at Mach 4. That's 60 inbounds at Mach 4, probably launched from close-in.

Nuclear powered submarines may be the new capital ships, although obviously they cannot project air power, they can still launch lots of cruise missiles.

Carriers may play the same role battleships once did. Just park a few off a country's coastline to get their attention. Gunboat diplomacy for the 21st century.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by Flyer
reply to post by VikingHavokk

Thats the most ignorant post Ive ever seen on here and that say a lot.

A perfect example of a brain washed sheep.

I find it quite scary that so many people are brainwashed like this, that they really believe that God is looking down on their country. Its so sad!

Lol its horrffic... once agin we see... USA USA USA!

Forgetting things like what actually happend in history.. see people have decided what they were taught at school about the war if fact... history is written by the victors!!

also as i hinted towards before.. america could've ended the war sooner if there major companies were forced to not do dealing with the bad guys!!

thnk god none of us are speaking German/russian now.. i mean it was only american financial giants that proped up the Nazi party helped contruct infastructure and veichles, helped keep there planes in the air... so glad you guys took nothing to do with the war untill you jumped in on our side!!

please can no one mention the second world war again unless they are aware of ALL the facts and not those taught at school or the discovery channel...

Back to the China thing... its just seems like America getting involved where they shouldnt, they are only world police through self appointment, technically if anything Nato are world police and america are a member of Nato. so they are no more world police than UK/Germany/France... just becaue they supply a large amount of troops to the cause doesnt mean they make the decisions.

on of the precvious posters was talking about how china/america fair in the invention steaks...

China invented many things before America... if you like it of not, this is simply fact... you cant ask.. would we have invented it eventually because well... of course someone would, but you didnt.
in terms of war most of the standard day to day inventions are either directly invented or a derivative of europe.. mainly uk and germany...

that includes a ton of modern world inventions... irrigation.. concrete...jet engines.. internal combustion engines, motor car... you knwo the things needed to build all those things mentioned earlier

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It would be irresponsible of them to NOT ask, imo.

Who cares about money owed? This is a matter of military, and there is nothing wrong with trying to get an idea of their intentions. Why? Because then we have ground to stand on later, when we can say "So you said you wanted it for reason X, but in reality, you are using it for reality Y and Z."

There is nothing wrong with trying to stay informed on other superpower nations.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
It would be irresponsible of them to NOT ask, imo.

Who cares about money owed? This is a matter of military, and there is nothing wrong with trying to get an idea of their intentions. Why? Because then we have ground to stand on later, when we can say "So you said you wanted it for reason X, but in reality, you are using it for reality Y and Z."

There is nothing wrong with trying to stay informed on other superpower nations.

The only thing keeping US American is their military. It sure ain't their kindness. What the US is starting to see is that China is catching up and can afford to challenge US military technology where i counts.

We wont see China doing anything radical for another 15- 20 years. Not until the US is so broke they cant roam the seas with its fleet. China will build up its fleet piece by piece and in the end they will roam the seas.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I hate to say it but we have no right to ask anyone questions about their countries intentions. If other countries asked the U.S. Why they just developed an aircraft that can fly at 13000 mph. They would have told them to stick it in their ass.

This is the problem with the U.S. if we just learned to mind our own f'n business and took care of our own. We wouldn't be economically in trouble right now.

What gives the U.S. the right to sanction a country because they don't want them to build their military. Or new weapons. None. The U.S. is not the God of the world. The only reason we police the world is for control and money. Nothing more.

I think we need to get back to taking care of our country. Protecting our country on our land. Build a defense not an offense.

We have no business meddling in other countries affairs.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
China is very simply meeting what it perceives as real aggression with preparedness. Most Chinese cities make NY look like a village, and we could never compete with their industrial complex or their sheer numbers. We can sit here all day and say they are years behind us, but both Russia and China have tested freaking ion engines (Norway Spiral, Chinese UFO). Nasa says we are still years away.

War with China financial or otherwise will mean the end of America.

edit on 12-8-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
In the 1940s, MacArthur pleaded and fought Congress which was dominated on the European issue, to send troops to relieve Philippines, a long timed ally of US and from there springboard for the capture of Imperial Japan, whom had started the war with USA with the murder of thousands americans in Pearl Harbour.

MacArthur did it not for riches, resources or glory, but for the freedom of US allies from the brutalities and savagery of Imperial Japan domination.

Philippines lay in the pacific. So to does many other US allies as well as its own sovereign land - Hawaii.

Today, a different country but with similar characteristics to the old Imperial Japan had sought to dominate the Pacific. China's CCP gov had been belligerantly challenging the other nations in territorial disputes there over resource rich islands. As they are a big nation, and with credible reports of alarming rise in military build up, smaller nations are worried, but are not afraid to stand up this time unlike the last time against Imperial Japan in the 1940s. Taiwan, Modern Japan, VIetnam, Phillippines, etc are threatened.

And the CCP gov is not backing down, and had remorsely sailed their fleet in disputed waters, causing much strain. With an aircraft carrier, with more being built, as well as the numerous battle group vessels, it is a formidable force in the pacific oceans. Should China gain control of the Pacific, it would mean it would have resources that would RIVAL USA.

Having rival powers is never an issue, for each sovereign state do have a rights of arms. BUT the issue is, what kind of GOVERNMENT does that sovereign state have? A republic ruled by the people with law, or a dictatorship that IS the law? The former will allow peaceful discussion and resolution, but the latter is unbound by any law saved its own, and will use it to browbeat, threaten or to wack anyone in its way, as the CCP gov had shown, mercilessly even to their own citizens in the 60s during the cultural revolution led by the devil Mao and more recently, the murder of unarmed students, what more chance of mercy would foreigners have?

Thus, US do have a right to know what are its intentions, not only for sake of peace of its own people, but others as well, for if we fail to stand together in the face of tyranny, it is only a matter of time before tyranny stands over us, just as England and france were stamped upon when they failed to stop Hitler's earlier conquests in Europe. History,...sadly often repeats itself.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Fear sells - hype up the lame ass Chinese aircraft carrier and boost .mil spending. Sorry but there "new" carrier is decades old cast off by mother Russia.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

The US is no longer a republic its a Oligarchy disguised as a democracy. Where people think they have a rights.
Just wait until poverty really kicks in, that is when you will taste what kind of government you really have. And you will find out for who's rights the police are really fighting for. I bet you a dollar it ain't your rights.

I snipped this from wiki:

The modern United States is an oligarchy by most definitions, with the top 10% holding 75% of private wealth and the top 1% holding 35% of private wealth. The richest 500 Americans hold more wealth than the bottom 150,000,000 Americans combined.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

That was funny!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Not particularly sure what the big deal is, they're not asking for 20 carriers. Just maybe they want to patrol their own waters/sovereignty?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have just learned about the Bear Bile Business in China which is a cruel, torturuous practice that must come to an end. When the Chinese are so foolish as to believe that they can behave so cruelly towards animals, what would they do to human beings which in fact that they are known to do already. Therefore, it behooves the USA to demand to know why it is that China wants such carriers since it is a matter of national defense.

The world as a whole has the right to question the motives of any nation for its military buildup, and especially a nation known for its overt cruelty and sadistic behaviour.

If I could embed a youtube video of the Bear Bile Business I would. As it is, I have it running at Facebook. I want this vile, contemptible practice to stop immediately. No wonder the chinese are visited with every natural and manmade disaster on the record books. They are in violation of compassion and human decency.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

hahaha!!!! another good answer!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The United States has:

Several hundred thousand military personnel stationed in over 800 overseas bases across every continent.
14 aircraft carriers, all nuclear.
A military budget that dwarfs all other countries combined.
Currently embroiled in military action in 6 six Arab countries, currently occupying two of those

From wikipedia:

As of 31 December 2010, U.S. Armed Forces were stationed at more than 820 installations in at least 135 countries.[22] Some of the largest contingents are the 85,600 military personnel deployed in Iraq, the 103,700 in Afghanistan, the 52,440 in Germany (see list), the 35,688 in Japan (USFJ), the 28,500 in Republic of Korea (USFK), the 9,660 in Italy, and the 9,015 in the United Kingdom respectively. These numbers change frequently due to the regular recall and deployment of units.

Altogether, 77,917 military personnel are located in Europe, 141 in the former Soviet Union, 47,236 in East Asia and the Pacific, 3,362 in North Africa, the Near East, and South Asia, 1,355 in sub-Saharan Africa and 1,941 in the Western Hemisphere excepting the United States itself.

And we're demanding China explain to us why it want's it's own aircraft carrier....

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Why dont we just get on with it and destroy ourselves would,nt the world be a better place with out us , we are just like babys why have you got that and we havent got this I want that or i will spit my dummy out and fight you for it I wish the bloody world would grow the fcuk up
edit on 12-8-2011 by asreial because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

The US needs this to project it's dominance over the world, all other countries are too week to do this and any others would only create undo tension. Please make yourself aware that the Chinese comm leaders have all gone into hiding to aviod the next phase of things to come. Only a short time now until the War really cranks up. Things will be going fairly fast from this point forward, you should see full blown international fighting within the next 4-5weeks possibly sooner.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
hahahah they can ask all they want , doesnt mean China actually needs to respond in any way what so ever!
same applies for any country asking why America needs all their military vehicles

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoSpace

Why does America need enough nukes to destroy the planet at least 10 times over.

I would think, in a Machiavelli sort of way, that if the elite think they are going down screw the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If I was China, I'd say, "France has a carrier. U.K. also has some. Why not us?"

Despite a common economic interest, Europe still isn't exactly a perfectly united entity nor monoculture when it comes to projecting power and military goals. So technically France and U.K. carriers belong to smaller countries than China, despite them being part of NATO.

China just managed to get a good deal on a used Russian carrier. Do some sea trials and such. Maybe they'll learn the expenses aren't worth it. The things take a lot of fuel and manpower in comparison to other ships to operate with any degree of proficiency. Airwing and pilots also have to be more skilled and organized than typical (ch)air force, because of the operating environment. (Seriously though. Somebody forgets to chock or tie-down a plane on land, no big deal. At sea, that's $10mil going into the water or a bulkhead. I've seen it happen.) But then again they could still use it to project power in southeast Asia and off the coast of Africa. Which is likely the biggest reason why they want to have one. (Tiawan is still covered by the U.S. despite this, but places like Vietnam or Singapore might start worrying a bit more.)

The other downside (at least for China) is that if China has one, Japan will likely be wanting to have some of their own again. Having one is just putting those kind of excuses for other countries out on the table.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I have just learned about the Bear Bile Business in China which is a cruel, torturuous practice that must come to an end. When the Chinese are so foolish as to believe that they can behave so cruelly towards animals, what would they do to human beings which in fact that they are known to do already. Therefore, it behooves the USA to demand to know why it is that China wants such carriers since it is a matter of national defense. The world as a whole has the right to question the motives of any nation for its military buildup, and especially a nation known for its overt cruelty and sadistic behaviour.

Hate to inform you,but amerika isnt any better than China,they are just as bad as each other.

If i was China,i would tell amerika to mind their own business,because thats what amerika would do if the situation was reversed,wouldnt they?

Honestly,amerika is just the school yard bully,its only a matter of time until the kids(other countries) they are picking on will join together and give them a taste of their own medicine.

edit on 12-8-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join