It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Australia -- 17-09-2010

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Triangulum

How do you account for the five-second 180-degree change in direction at full afterburner? Also, aerobatic maneuvers at night over a population center? Third gras... I mean guess?

T.

Triangulum, you're assuming the object was travelling from due left to right intitially, stopped and hovered and then reversed course.

Imagine the object is travelling both L -> R and away from the observer at the same time i.e. the object is slowly banking to its left. At some point the object will be travelling directly away from the observer to whom it appears to have stopped dead. A few seconds of level flight then another bank to its left and the observer now sees the object apparently travelling due R -> L.

There is nothing to suggest this object is directly over a population center. Indeed, the apparent size and relatively slow speed of the object suggest to me that it is quite a long way from the observer.

Someone else noted that the object is no longer visible when the light goes out. That would be consistent with an aircraft at distance ceasing to dump and burn whilst almost simultaneously climbing into the cloud cover.

To me this is a far more plausable explanation than to simply assume its an alien spacecraft.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Slippery Jim

This is probably just a wild guess, but could it be a Harrier or another plane that have the option to land vertical and hover?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonhans

This is probably just a wild guess, but could it be a Harrier or another plane that have the option to land vertical and hover?

Stonhans.....

There are no Harriers or other VTOL jet aircraft operating in Australia.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by FireMoon

Many jets use afterburner while taking off. Especially when they are in a hurry. We don't know if there was an emergency, or a military exercise, or anything, so your doubts are irrelevant.

Correct. If a jet has only recently taken off and some emergency occurs which means the pilot has to get to the nearest available airfield to land then it will still be carrying a large load of fuel It is standard practise to dump and burn as much fuel as possible so that the plane only has slightly more on board than is needed to reach an airfield. In this eventuality I don't think the pilot gives a flying wombat where he is or how long it takes to dump the required amount of fuel.

I don't consider any of your other possibilities as plausable though. This looks like a dump-and-burn which is the pilot jetisonning unwanted fuel directly out the back of the plane where it is then ignited by the afterburner. It adds nothing to the forward speed so would be useless if the pilot was in a hurry. A pilot would not perform this manoever as part of a military excersise unless it was for a considerably shorter duration due to the amount of expensive fuel being wasted.

Overall it looks to me like a military jet encountering difficulties, dumping and burning his fuel whilst turning back to base. It would even make sense for him to use as much of that afterburn thrust to gain as much height as possible in case he misjudges the amount of fuel dumped and has to glide in.

I could be wrong though.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Slippery Jim.....

I don't believe an F111 would have been in operation down there.

It would have broken curfews.

There was no reason to "fuel dump".

It would have made a massive amount of noise.

The F111's have been decommissioned.

They operated out of a different base (Amberly in Queensland) about 1,000 kilometers away.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Hi MMN, any jet aircraft with afterburn capability can dump and burn. The only reason that the only mentions of it you see on YouTube and elsewhere are of F111s doing it is that only the RAAF did this during air displays and they only did it with that particular plane. It was its 'party piece' so to speak and everyone and their uncle videoed it and uploaded to YouTube.

In America and elsewhere round the globe they actually banned the manoever except for emergencies because of the huge cost of wasting the fuel. Not many people get to film an actual emergency dump and burn.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I agree that it could be a dump-and-burn.

People are creating arguments against this because the video creator claims the video was taken at 0500 ( the morning ). In all honesty, I never trust the video creator of a UFO video until I have a reason to. Since I have found conflict in the video creators story, it gives me a reason to further question the video creators story. So trying to create counter arguments to something that could be a lie is just pointless to me.

We don't know for sure this video was taken at 0500. It could possibly be a video taken from a night time air show. It is common for dump-and-burns to take place during night time air shows. The video creator probably intentionally hid the sound, then, intentionally gave a false date and time to throw researchers off his tracks.

We already found there was an air show near the date he described. We already know there is a military airfield there. We already know there is conflict with the sound and his story of having it muted. We have video of dump-and-burns that look nearly identical...

Also, I bet nobody else reported this "UFO" because they all knew it was a jet at an air show.

I bet the video creator lied about the time being 0500. It's probably video from a night time air show and he thought it would be funny to tell people it was a UFO.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Maybe...maybe not,

It was mentioned earlier that there was an air show near the date the video creator says he created the video. Supposedly the air show had an F-111.

See this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30-9-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slippery Jim

reply to post by FireMoon

Many jets use afterburner while taking off. Especially when they are in a hurry. We don't know if there was an emergency, or a military exercise, or anything, so your doubts are irrelevant.

Correct. If a jet has only recently taken off and some emergency occurs which means the pilot has to get to the nearest available airfield to land then it will still be carrying a large load of fuel It is standard practise to dump and burn as much fuel as possible so that the plane only has slightly more on board than is needed to reach an airfield. In this eventuality I don't think the pilot gives a flying wombat where he is or how long it takes to dump the required amount of fuel.

I don't consider any of your other possibilities as plausable though. This looks like a dump-and-burn which is the pilot jetisonning unwanted fuel directly out the back of the plane where it is then ignited by the afterburner. It adds nothing to the forward speed so would be useless if the pilot was in a hurry. A pilot would not perform this manoever as part of a military excersise unless it was for a considerably shorter duration due to the amount of expensive fuel being wasted.

Overall it looks to me like a military jet encountering difficulties, dumping and burning his fuel whilst turning back to base. It would even make sense for him to use as much of that afterburn thrust to gain as much height as possible in case he misjudges the amount of fuel dumped and has to glide in.

I could be wrong though.

I never indicated what I thought it was. ...terrestrial or non. I gotta say that after watching a few more videos of dump and burns I have to concur that this is the most plausible terrestrial explanation.

My only two remaining questions are; why was an RAAF F111 taking off from a naval air station that doesn't service fixed wing aircraft? What compelled the cameraman to shoot the video? An emergency dump and burn would be pretty hard to catch on video, from start to finish, unless you were aware it was going to take place.

T.

edit on 30-9-2010 by Triangulum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

The weather records posted by Mr Burns for that day show it was clear from 9 am's figures onward. The overnight temps were low with high frost, which as mentioned in a previous reply does rise and appear like cloud until the sun disperses it after rising.

Hence, if this video was taken that night or the next few nights the sky would have been clear. No cloud.

This leaves us thinking it must have been in the early am on that date specified.

The Air Show at Williamtown was for the next two days after the recording of this video. Williamtown is a small Air Base compared to the home of the F-111's, F16's and F18's we have or had in service.

Re: River Fire Videos....

The sky is filled with heavy palls of smoke from massive fireworks all along the City river, and do not replicate the cloud deck seen in the video at all, hence the resulting light show is also very different to what is seen under a low-ish cloud deck.

edit on 30-9-2010 by Tayesin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slippery Jim

Hi MMN, any jet aircraft with afterburn capability can dump and burn. The only reason that the only mentions of it you see on YouTube and elsewhere are of F111s doing it is that only the RAAF did this during air displays and they only did it with that particular plane. It was its 'party piece' so to speak and everyone and their uncle videoed it and uploaded to YouTube.

In America and elsewhere round the globe they actually banned the manoever except for emergencies because of the huge cost of wasting the fuel. Not many people get to film an actual emergency dump and burn.

No, the F-111 is one of, if not the, only planes in the world capable of this. It's certainly the only aircraft in the RAAFs inventory that can "perform" the proceedure.

One More Time For the Dump and Burn

Wing Commander Gray, who will be piloting one of the F-111s on Riverfire night, says the dump and burn is simply down to a quirk of design. "Every big aircraft that carries a lot of fuel - even big airlines have that ability to be able to dump fuel in case they need to come back to lighten the load," he said. "With the F-111 the dump port where the fuel comes out is actually between the engines and because we are an after-burner aircraft, which is gives us more power, we basically inject fuel into the exhaust. That's what most fighter-type aircraft do. "If we're dumping fuel at the same time when we're in afterburner the fuel ignites, whereas in other aircrafts it would just be seen as a vapour stream."

T.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think I might have found another video showing a different perspective of the OP's video:

Pay attention to last minute of this video, and note the similarities. It starts off low flying in one direction, gains altitude, then starts to turn while near the cloud tops, and then flies just below the cloud tops for a distance, and then shuts the dump-and-burn off.

I think it is the exact same object as the OP's video.

www.liveleak.com...

I bet the video creator lied about the time, date, and location, and the sound, just to pass this off as a UFO and get people all excited.

Supposedly the video was taken September 4, 2010 in Brisbane Australia. Only miles away from Nowra, only a few days way from the video uploader's claimed date, and it shows almost exactly the same dump-and-burn near the clouds, and the dump-and-burn even ends similarly in an identical position as the OP's video.

I think this HOAX is busted. We were lied to... It's just a video of the Riverfire air show!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Hi,

Think you might find that Nowra (NSW) south of Sydney is over 500 miles (800 k's) from Brisbane (Qld)....

Peace!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
After watching this over and over and trying to remain objective I've got to admit this really has got me scratching my head !

I can't really see this being a conventional aircraft and the dump and burn thing doesn't really seem to fit right to me . The only other thought I had was could it be a spotlight of some type , I know this wouldn't fit with the time of morning this is allegedly taken but the illumination of the clouds looks similar although short of it being the mother of all disco balls doesn't really explain why perceived object is so bright !
Just throwing it out there I guess

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

Yes, I know. I believe whole heartedly that the video creator is a liar and told us the wrong location.

Good day.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mister h

So, are you saying this video looks nothing similar to the OP's video?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Ok, now I have confirmation that the video creator is lying.

An LG Cookie (KP500) owner confirmed that you can not mute the phone while recording.

www.mylgcookie.com...

The creator of the video claimed he muted the sound while fiddling around. However, the video has sound for the first second, then it cuts off. It is impossible to mute the sound while recording. This means the sound was intentionally removed by another process, and the video creator is lying.

Yet another HOAX for the HOAX bin.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Ok so the sound has been drawn into question ,

If its a hoax , how did they create the object ?
suggestions ?

Id also like to add, can anyone show an aircraft in service that has searcg lights above the craft that would generate light that intense ?

Are there any

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

It's a video of the air show. An F-111 dump-and-burn.

www.youtube.com...

Some fool thought it would be funny to take a video of an air show, hide the sound, lie about it. Lie about the time. Lie about the day. Lie about the exact location. Then put it on the net as a "UFO" to get reactions from people.

Another pathetic hoax.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I think I might have found another video showing a different perspective of the OP's video:

Pay attention to last minute of this video, and note the similarities. It starts off low flying in one direction, gains altitude, then starts to turn while near the cloud tops, and then flies just below the cloud tops for a distance, and then shuts the dump-and-burn off.

I think it is the exact same object as the OP's video.

www.liveleak.com...

I bet the video creator lied about the time, date, and location, and the sound, just to pass this off as a UFO and get people all excited.

Supposedly the video was taken September 4, 2010 in Brisbane Australia. Only miles away from Nowra, only a few days way from the video uploader's claimed date, and it shows almost exactly the same dump-and-burn near the clouds, and the dump-and-burn even ends similarly in an identical position as the OP's video.

I think this HOAX is busted. We were lied to... It's just a video of the Riverfire air show!

Please. Nothing is busted yet.

I don't understand the strong intent to insure this video gets seen as you say it is.

It most certainly isn't Brisbane River Fire from earlier this year. Did you notice the smoke from the multi-millions $$$$ worth of Fireworks looking anything like the clouds in the OP's video? Did you notice that in every dump and burn video so far the light is Orange.. in the Op video it is white.

Still not saying it's an alien ship.. but so far it is still a flying unidentified something or other.

I've established through the weather records that if the video was taken on the date claimed then it had to have been taken in the early morning prior to sun up... as claimed.

So now we need to return to finding information on what was known to be flying in the vicinity on that date, if anything for that time... which I highly doubt for all the reasons mentioned previously.

Will you respond to me this time?

Nowra is a few hundred miles from Brisbane.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Please. Nothing is busted yet.

Yeah it is pretty busted. The video creator got caught lying. Also, we have clearly identical examples.

I don't understand the strong intent to insure this video gets seen as you say it is.

Same goes for you, I don't understand the strong intent to make people believe this hoax is anything more than a mundane air show.

It most certainly isn't Brisbane River Fire from earlier this year.

You mean earlier this month. It's 9/30/10 . The Brisbane air show was 9/4/10. The video owner claims the video was taken 9/17/10, 13 days after.

The videos I have seen show clear similarities in flight path and cloud cover.

Did you notice the smoke from the multi-millions $$$$ worth of Fireworks looking anything like the clouds in the OP's video?

Yes. Watch the video again..You will see lots of cloudy smoke and even real clouds right under the object at 0:02 seconds, and you can even see them slightly light up. You can see a clear white cloud above a telephone pole too.

Even then, the OP's video was from a position far away from the air show. Did you know the Earth curves? A majority of the ground was not visible, and also behind trees. You can't see the fireworks and most of the smoke, but you can see some of it, definitely. I suggest you look closer.

Did you notice that in every dump and burn video so far the light is Orange.. in the Op video it is white.

Did you know you can not compare two different type cameras, with two different settings, with two different manufactures, and expect the same colors? You expect two different cameras to have the same brightness and contrast settings? Hue and saturation settings? That is not logical at all.

Still not saying it's an alien ship.. but so far it is still a flying unidentified something or other.

No, I think it is clearly identified as a dump-and-burn from a F-111 flying at an air show. If you can't identify it.... that is your problem not mine.

I've established through the weather records that if the video was taken on the date claimed then it had to have been taken in the early morning prior to sun up... as claimed.

Good for you. I have established that video creator is a liar, and his date and time can't be trusted because of that.

So now we need to return to finding information on what was known to be flying in the vicinity on that date, if anything for that time... which I highly doubt for all the reasons mentioned previously.

Now you are chasing your tail, trusting a liar.

Go ahead and find information on what was known to be flying on a fictional date, and you will come up empty handed.

In the area was a F-111 doing dump-and-burns 13 days before your liars claimed date.

Will you respond to me this time?

Yes..

Nowra is a few hundred miles from Brisbane.

Now prove the video was taken in Nowra without trusting a liar.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join