It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government OFFICIALLY attacks Conspiracy Theories!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Cant see any topics relating to UFO & Aliens theories on the .gov site.
I guess they are not keeping quiet on the subject.

ahh i have found it ignore this post!

[edit on 4/6/10 by Ezappa]

[edit on 4/6/10 by Ezappa]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by C11H17N2NaO2S

BTW I forgot to mention that I also have had family that were two presidents of the USA back in the 1800's. Just wanted to give you food for thought.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This would of been so much better if it wasn't like my old school text books.

And at least in them they attempted little jokes or something to make it good reading. It's like the person who wrote this didn't even know what they were talking about and didn't particularly care about it.
And it wasn't the best idea to approach conspiracy theorist, because every single one is now like "Well, now the conspiracies have to be true". They're showing they must be threatened in some way and felt the need to create such a poor anti-conspiracy page...

I don't think they will make this mistake again because this is horrible backfire on their behalf

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
doesnt the government know when you use terms like "absolutely" "definately" or any variation it is most likely a false statement. basic test taking skills. i guess the gov is on a pre k reading level

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Thanks for this. Disturbing to say the least.

I sent them a brief message here:

utils.america.gov...

That this is anti Free Speech.

-ug

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is #ing UNBELIEVABLE

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ugmold

maybe we should pull together a little class action. show them how grown ups word things correctly.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Me thinks thou doth protest too much!

This shows we're hitting the nail right on the head people! And it seems to be hurting them.

Somethings working because exactly what Brzezinski said is true, more and more people around me are 'waking up' as it were.

Notice the movement to attack us conspiracy theorists this past week. New Scientist labelled us 'denialists'. Watch out, next we'll be terrorists! Soon so many people will know the truth about our disgusting world leaders that anyone who isn't a conspiracy theorist will be a denialist!!

Good job people; keep fighting the good fight!

There is no god higher than truth. ~ Gandhi

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Trying Times]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by adamo21

Yes and at this point it looks like the Gov is just flailing away. This conspiracy wave is far to embedded and has been coming on strong now for years, decades. Its a real powerfull and strong part of the information coal mine if you will. With the net and all....the books....the diffrent areas that have raged in their own battles for years...now coming together to form a collective...BULLS#IT!!!!!!!

This Train has left the station and all the Gov can do now is send out its own fake trains. lol

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ugmold

I bet you will get an automated message back.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
Taken from their homepage:
*Conspiracy theories exist in the realm of myth, where imaginations run wild, fears trump facts, and evidence is ignored. As a superpower, the United States is often cast as a villain in these dramas*

I had to wipe a tear from my eye. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. The US made a fool out if its military following their own consipracy theory with 9/11 and the war on terror. Fears trump facts and evidence is ignorred? Are they serious? The US government could not function as it has without relying on fear and lack of evidence to manipulate the masses. Oh, but when the fear is directed away from what the government wants, then it becomes a conspiracy theory to be debunked with cleverly worded central intelligence theories.

Theories are theories no matter what side of the government you or I stand. The only difference is which "c" word we use to label it.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Alright: This has just become interesting. I'm browsing this site, and I got one of those Foresee Survey popup windows from this address:

www.america.gov...

And here are the contents of that window:

Thanks for visiting America.gov!

This window may present you with a customer satisfaction survey. This survey is conducted by an independent company, ForeSee Results.

The feedback obtained from this survey will help us to enhance our website. All results are strictly confidential.

Please ignore this window and continue browsing our site in the other window.

Wow, I guess if you're going to make an attempt to debunk conspiracy theories, they will need to get as much information as they can on just which ones people are really hooked on, run them through focus groups, and then prioritize them accordingly, right? I hope these aren't the same people responsible for disaster cleanup...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
doesnt the government know when you use terms like "absolutely" "definately" or any variation it is most likely a false statement. basic test taking skills. i guess the gov is on a pre k reading level

Come now... my favorite word is "absolutely" when I am having a debate with a parrot. It gets me noticed and feared all in about the breadth of a second to firmly declare a four syllable answer. That one word knocks the wind right out of what the parrot has to say. But that is so sad because I never claim that I am right, but that one word pushes up my credibility.

I learned the manipulation from a candidate running for office a few years back who told me that he can use that word and always has room to retract it later because "at the time, there was evidence lacking an opposing view" and I found that very useful. Clever, hey?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Guys, great job!

This site shows that people are starting to catch on to the Government's bullcrap, as others have said before.

...We're winning.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Having the government investigate itself is like putting the fox in charge of the henhouse. Where were the checks and balances?

We did not get a thorough investigation after 911. All we got was sophistry, propaganda and purposeful ignorance.

Aside: It is not a good thing to refer to the public as 'sheeple'. It's condescending and haughty.

Now I will go and put on my tin foil hat and wear it with pride!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I tried to read through all the posts to see if this had been noticed -- if it's already been brought up, I apologize. Anyway, here's a video on the america.gov website called "Conspiracy Theories: Consequences

Conspiracy Theories: Consequences

In it, it basically says if people hadn't been so obsessed with trying to figure out how AIDs started, maybe they could've stopped it. Or at least "slowed" it. Seriously. It's a little over 3 minutes long. It's both angering and comical.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I am honestly blown away. This just makes me think that somewhere someone (maybe even on this site) has touched a nerve. This in turn has put fear in the hearts of the powers that be...or as i like to call them "the big they"...and now in light of someone touching on said nerve they are launching what could turn out to be a full scale war. The sad part is that most of us conspiracy people are already looked down upon by the sheep in this world. It took me awhile to get the blinders off but i know the TRUTH now largely due to this web site!! The US government can say what they want but on here we are above the sheep, we are no longer walking around blind, we took the pill and followed the rabbit hole and i am very proud to be able to say i am a conspiracy theorist. The US government, the local government, my parents, nobody can ever take that away from me or anyone else on this site. If they start a war it will be because their web of lies and deceit has gotten so out of hand they cant keep up anymore and they are looking for a scape goat. I hope we as a community can stand strong and band together to get as much TRUE information out there and convert as many people as possible because i am sick of having my friends and family lied too and they just accept it and move on with life. Thank all of you on the site for keeping this movement alive and real and i hope NO MATTER what we can always continue the good fight!!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnkiCarbone
Alright: This has just become interesting. I'm browsing this site, and I got one of those Foresee Survey popup windows from this address:

www.america.gov...

And here are the contents of that window:

Thanks for visiting America.gov!

This window may present you with a customer satisfaction survey. This survey is conducted by an independent company, ForeSee Results.

The feedback obtained from this survey will help us to enhance our website. All results are strictly confidential.

Please ignore this window and continue browsing our site in the other window.

ForeSee does a lot of tracking for corporate websites, as well as for government-run websites...over 100 of them, using a "random surfer" method. This means that not everyone will get the survey pop-up when visiting the site.

ForeSee is a division of CFI Worldwide. From their website:

Further, today’s requirements for accountability and transparency in government call for a performance assessment tool which is reliable, actionable, and proven. That tool is CFI Group’s ACSI-based Citizen Satisfaction measurement solution. The ACSI was established as the "gold standard" of government satisfaction measurement in 1999 and has been a standard metric ever since. A large number of federal agencies have since chosen the ACSI to measure their constituents’ satisfaction – including NASA, the Department of Education, FAS, the IRS, HRSA, and CMS. Using the ACSI cause-and-effect methodology, CFI Group helps government organizations better understand the needs of their constituents, citizens, and stakeholders. We identify the key drivers of citizen satisfaction and dissatisfaction, and pinpoint where agencies or local governments should invest first in order to deliver the most value to their “customers”. By applying the science of satisfaction, we help government agencies of all levels allocate scarce resources for maximum effectiveness and improve the quality of life for citizens.

On another subject, something I though was interesting when I looked at the source code for the main page at that link:

"meta content="Defamation; religion; religious freedom; freedom of speech; Isla" name="keywords""

For those that don't know what this means, they tagged the page so that search engines would return this link if someone searched for any of the terms in the first set of quotation marks. This includes "Isla"...the first four letters in "Islam'. take that with the rest of the keywords, and it seems this page is being (at least somewhat) directed at Muslims.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Braniac5]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Let me see if Iv'e got this straight;

1) A conspiracy is basically a plan amoung several people to carry out an event or act.

2) We should not pay attention to those wild conspiracy theories.

3) There were no conspiracy involving 9/11.

If these three statements are to be believed, and a former president said they should be.

Then it must follow that 19 Arabs "just happen" to board 4 plans on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001 and suddenly, independantly decided to hijack these planes and fly them into the World trade Center buildings.

I rest my case !!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You know: Since this is coming from the United States Government, it should be dealt with the proper respect....

*ahem*
FU AMERICA.GOV!!!

How about that?

How about you answer for all the documents, hard evidence, photos, & testimony we already know about before you try a lame website like that? I think the front page of blackvault.com does enough to shut that site up without even downloading a FOIA at all.

Or how about answering for remarks made by former governor, senator, and 911 Commission Report's own Bob Kerrey who said they couldn't have done a good job even if everyone tried to due to factors that could appear to be deliberately stacked against them; such as severe underfunding and not enough time allotted:

I guess 'Bama wasn't bluffing when he made that remark about 911 conspiracies...ass

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join