It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police find explosives in raid on cult (2012 Doomsday Cult)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Police find explosives in raid on cult (2012 Doomsday Cult)

news.ninemsn.com.au

Members of a doomsday cult in Adelaide were preparing to move overseas and planned to take with them a stockpile of explosives, guns and ammunition, police believe.

Police raided 12 properties in and around Adelaide on Wednesday and Thursday, including the headquarters of the Agape Ministries, a group whose leader preaches that the world will end in 2012.

The raids involved 90 officers and netted 15 weapons, slow-burning fuses, detonators, extendable batons and 35,000 rounds of ammunition, some of it high-powered.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Well, this certainly makes for interesting news. I was aware that some people were quite serious about the 2012 issue, but didnt know that people were this serious.

It seems as though like many "2012" and other religous or fanatical cults, this one is simply a scam to suck in the gullible. Will be interesting to see what the police uncover with their investigation

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

this one is simply a scam to suck in the gullible.

this story itself may very well be,
just that.

thanks though. lol
These days.. any group of 'free people' that gather together are called a 'cult'.
welcome to Salem. lol

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Well, they are a group of people who have been stockpiling weapons illegal under Australian law and their finances seem a little suspicious too.....there are quite a few cults that have done than. I guess i dont have to mention Jonestown do I?

[edit on 20/5/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

lol, nope.
we all know about jonestown.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Here is a Today Tonight report on Agape Christian Ministeries ...

www.todaytonightadelaide.com.au...

Pistol Packing Pastor Leo has done time in jail .. and then found God ... set up his ministery, and take 10% of peoples wages.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
What have we got here?Nine msn, the hype it up experts,Adelaide ,the home of bizarre happenings and a 2012 cult that scammed some poor suckers.All makes for a good story.Now where do the followers go?Can anybody find them a bunker somewhere.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I believe the cult members were looking for an off shore island, somwhere in international waters......

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

lol, nope.

And you know how there was an awful lot of weapons stockpiling and how the members donated all thier funds to Jim Jones? This cult could have similar issues.

Hopefully no ATS members are members of this cult either

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by Ahmose

lol, nope.

And you know how there was an awful lot of weapons stockpiling and how the members donated all thier funds to Jim Jones? This cult could have similar issues.

Hopefully no ATS members are members of this cult either

Yep,
but thankfully... it is not just "cults" who stockpile weapons.

any people/group COULD have similar issues.
I COULD have a hidden bank account somewhere in the caymans..
but I don't. lol

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smiggle
Here is a Today Tonight report on Agape Christian Ministeries ...

www.todaytonightadelaide.com.au...

Pistol Packing Pastor Leo has done time in jail .. and then found God ... set up his ministery, and take 10% of peoples wages.

definitely 'culty'. lol
glad they got nabbed.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
if its illegal to posess such materials then ok(i dunno US weapon law). otherwise
why raid them , did they threaten someone?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My first reaction is good, a scary sounding cult has been stopped before they did what ever they were doing with the weapons. My second reaction is, maybe these people were just chipping together, to get out of dodge and set up on their own before TSHTF. Taking with them some defenses incase they came under attack.

You never know with media spin. It's accountable for a fair few missleading stories.

[edit on 20/5/2010 by Acidtastic]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This thread highlights why so many of us are emphatic in debunking "2012" and "Nibiru" claims. There is a very fine line between believing in the irrational and acting upon it. Hysterical prophecies can provoke hysterical reactions. Jonestown is absolutely nothing to laugh about. Whatever conspiracy theories you may have about what "really" happened, the fact of the matter is that people died because of the faith they put in someone's "spiritual" teachings.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by reassor
if its illegal to posess such materials then ok(i dunno US weapon law). otherwise
why raid them , did they threaten someone?

It is illegal over here to be in possesion of high calibre weapons. They also had explosives. I dont know why you would need explosives for defence purposes, so they cant really argue that point.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm from Adelaide..

They took mah guns!!!

nah, joking, never heard of 'em until today.

Sounds to me like they were just a group of like minded survivalists.. using religion as a tax-free way to build a nest egg then scoot outta town.

Gotta love how the media sensationalize it by calling them a "doomsday cult" ..technically speaking Christianity is also a "doomsday cult"
..and at what point exactly is a weapons collection deemed a stockpile? If i read it right they had like 15 guns.. from 12 properties.. how is that stockpiling?

spin
spin
hype
hype
spin
spin

anyways..

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Funk bunyip

I think the explosives are more of an issue than the guns. And the thousands of ammo clips they found. Like I said before, Jim Jones and the nuts in WACO both had weaponry with lots of ammunition, and they werent afraid to use them

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I think the explosives are more of an issue than the guns. And the thousands of ammo clips they found

Yeah fair enough, it probably was a justified response.. I'm wondering, how they planned to get it all out of the country!

and the nuts in WACO both had weaponry with lots of ammunition, and they werent afraid to use them

BTW.. the "nuts" in WACO got roasted by a Tactical response Bradley Flamethrowing tank ..they didn't start the fire.. most people don't know that.. and haven't seen the incriminating footage which never made mainstream news...

Bill Hicks on Public Access TV talking about WACO (+footage)..

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Funk bunyip]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
My second reaction is, maybe these people were just chipping together, to get out of dodge and set up on their own before TSHTF. Taking with them some defenses incase they came under attack.

Some of them were quite possibly there for that reason. I can certainly see this will be used to push for truthers to become terrorists.

According to today's paper, they were "brainwashed". This is an article from today's Sunday Mail here on page 2:

Members brainwashed on world conspiracy

Cult members - including children as young as five - were ordered to watch chilling right-wing conspiracy theory videos urging opposition to a supposed secret plan by shadowy elites to impose a single world government, a former cult member claims.
The videos point to a host of so-called conspiracies, including the September 11, 2001, attacks on the World Trade Centre, the torpedoing of the Lusitania in World War I and the bombing of Pearl Harbour as being orchestrated by sinister wealthy pawnbrokers intent on taking control of the world.
The American-made videos - including Endgame and Wake Up Call - were also shown to the congregation with the warning from church leaders that "this is what will happen when the government imposes martial law".
The videos - with graphic images including enslavement, war dead, starvation and bombings - each run for 2 1/2 hours, urging viewers not to trust authority figures, including politicians, and constantly refer to secret plans by a network of the rich and powerful to create a New World Order.
This would see the end to individual freedom, a single world government and constant Big Brother-style surveillance to quell any protests.
Topics covered include the secretive Bilderburg Group, Trilateral Commission, Council on Foreign Relations, North American Union, the Rockefeller/Rothschild families, Freemasonry, September 11, war profiteering, the "phony War on Terrorism", the impending Big Brother Surveillance Society, civil liberties, microchipping and media control.
Wake Up Call tells viewers to "put everything you think you know temporarily on hold and open up to the possibility you may have been systematically deceived and lied to your entire life".

I wonder if we know any of them?

[edit on 23/5/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
2012 trash has always been in danger of producing Heavens Gate/Jonestown type cults. All this says to me is that anyone who would follow/join a cult like this has a shoe size larger than their IQ.

Get ready for more brain dead 2012 cults in the near future. This is just the beginning of the utter stupidity.

IRM

top topics

<<   2 >>

join