It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 246
<< 243  244  245    247  248  249 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I opened the OF webcam about 2 mins after his post and don't notice any shaking at all. There is a bit of slight up and down movement once in a while but the camera is panning around as normal. I'm guessing it was short lived and I just missed it.

Michelle

link   
Did anyone catch this. Townsend Montana has had a 3.2 according to the RSOE website. It is not on the USGS site.

link   

Originally posted by toast317
Are you guys watching the live webcam of yellowstone?!?!

There's ALOT of shaking.

Something is up.

www.nps.gov...

And notice how fast the snow is melting. I understand that it there is alot of heat there so it's going to. But the rate that it is...it's just insane.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by toast317]

It says this in the FAQ of the camera.

Q. What is causing the camera image to shake or sway from time to time?

A. The camera is mounted to a lodgepole pine tree in front of the temporary Old Faithful Visitor Center. Strong winds can cause the tree to move back and forth. This movement is most noticeable when the camera is zoomed in to capture a distant image.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by coolvibe

Where do you see snow melting in major amounts? What is the temp in that area today?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirakawa

My speculation was that if it's getting hotter, then smaller amounts of water are getting heated faster, leading to more frequent but smaller eruptions. Just a theory!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

as well as moderate ones across the world and lots of em like in indonesia.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seasonedherb

Ahh ok, I guess it just must be very windy over there right now

However.. what do you guys think about the rate that the snow is melting? It seems to be melting very quickly.

I'm not trying to fearmonger here...just asking questions and pointing things out

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

I just wanted to make sure everyone had seen this post from earlier as it is relavent to 'top secret geyser' and has 'waves within waves' and is quite beautiful.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think we need to really stop freaking out about the webcam.

It shakes when someone suddenly decides to mess with it and change the direction, then it takes a minute to focus it again. This seems to be a bit inconsistent, probably depending on the skill level of the person handling the controls.

Other stuff the webcam does:

gets covered with snow
gets obscured by steam
shows freshly fallen snow (just had a storm like 2 hours ago) melting
Focuses on geyser activity, particularly when it increases (which it does from time to time because it's, you know, Yellowstone)

None of these things are definitive signs of the apocalypse, I should hope.

If you watch it for long enough, you'll see it pull back out and show you a bunch of people milling around with their kids, taking pictures. Or bison looking not the least bit alarmed. Then you feel silly for worrying.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirakawa

Hey Shirakawa,
Didn't we or someone chiming in give a chart on how much out put of water from various geysers, by the event or day?
Do you remember something like that?
Or anyone else?

I seem to remember it being mentioned but now can't find it

It would be interesting to corrolate output with your chart

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Mushussu]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by toast317
reply to post by seasonedherb

Ahh ok, I guess it just must be very windy over there right now

However.. what do you guys think about the rate that the snow is melting? It seems to be melting very quickly.

I'm not trying to fearmonger here...just asking questions and pointing things out

Looking at weather.gov, the winds are gusting up to 25 MPH, so sure enough to sway a tree.

The snow honestly looks the same it has the past few days that I have been watching, it also seems as if there is a bit more people walking back and forth today, that could attribute to the snow being packed down and/or more of it looking melted.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by quakewatcher

Stop making so much sense QW, that will get you in trouble around here. You won't get little sheeples following you around and kissing your ass, and certainly no stars for you, much less applause for really digging, watching this like a hawk, and knowing what you're talking about. But rest easy my friend, for there are a few of us listening, watching, assessing, and really thinking each event through, even though we are not seismologists.

Just because RF happens to know someone on the inside, here at ATS that means he is God. Nothing he says can be wrong, and he can continue to shove down your throats total BS, and the sheeple will still listen. Pity them.

When I first noticed that only 1 sensor, LKWY, was set to 500 vertical microvolts, few grasped exactly what that meant in terms of what we were seeing on the others.

I was the only one on the thread to question the 3.2 event which was deleted, exactly as I said it would be, because I saw 42 channels of area sensors in gee on the TA network, checked every friggin webicorder in the area, and I know for a fact that a 3.2 would have shown up because of the correlating distance and previous 3 + events I have witnessed and paid careful attention to.

And yet RF still insists that the event really happened and that is now in some secret data cache to be released later! Yeah, right. They are going to edit every fricken webicorder plot in the whole are to reflect a 3.2 in Western Montana at 13:15 UTC. Uh huh. NOT.

You know what, you people can have this fricken thread. I am done here. Anything I find from here on I am keeping to myself. Might u2u you QW, if you like, seeing as you have a clue.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Did anyone catch this. Townsend Montana has had a 3.2 according to the RSOE website. It is not on the USGS site.

GEE is showing quite a bit of activity in that area of Montana.
The "BHE" 's and "BHN" 's are erratic...

Edit: Typo's

[edit on 1/6/09 by SevenandFive]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by coolvibe

Where do you see snow melting in major amounts? What is the temp in that area today?

Both the stationary camera and the streaming camera that pans around are showing considerably more exposed rock and water than a day or two ago. However, I'm not convinced that it is due to anything new or unusual. I would assume that the snow in that area would melt quickly due to the steam and hot water. I'd love to hear the opinion of someone that is very familiar with that area from past weeks and prior winters.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
So now the government has a Top Secret geyser. How do you hide a geyser? They did build a massive underground bunker for it. Maybe the aliens down their are just fueling up their spaceship for a trip back home.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BOTOH

Thanks for the info. I havent really looked at the cams long enough to remember what the snow was like. I could see being concerned if we start seeing all the snow melt real fast, but I would expect that we would see a massive flow of water from a lot of snow melting.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Im so glad you have the talent to put words into other's posts. NO where did I say they have that data in some secret drawer, I simply said they have the data, you dont..so big freaking deal...get over it!! My God that was hours ago and your still in a wad over it!!

I only know what they tell me, and I take their word over anyones anyday..period. If that erks you..well dunno what to tell ya.

Back to topic. I dont know if anyone else has noticed but some of the links to certian sensors are lagging pretty badly. Right now my GEE is getting nothing from about 4 localized sensors in the Yellowstone area. A few hours ago they were working just fine.

Anyone else having the same trouble?

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
So now the government has a Top Secret geyser. How do you hide a geyser? They did build a massive underground bunker for it. Maybe the aliens down there are just fueling up their spaceship for a trip back home.

No.
Top Secret Geyser is what some of us have named the events under the Lake.
Since the powers that be still say nothing about it specifically- we named it. Tongue in cheek
Not the Government.
If you read back to 243 forward you will see how it has transpired.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Actually I'm finally getting a steady stream from TA.G17a...TA.H16a & US.LKWY all 3 of each...US.LKWY is now registering on the micro instead of Nano scales also...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

My GEE was ok a minute ago, as well.
Montana seems to be active.
Maybe they cut down that server to analyze the data?
**oh noes!!!**

*just teasing you, man!!!

top topics

<< 243  244  245    247  248  249 >>

join