It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 245
<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

well i said earlier until 2012. we need to start a web site we could make lots of money. a betting on yellowstone site. lol

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Been close to an hour since the last real eruption. Some burps in between, but nothing much.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ponyboy_86

well i said earlier until 2012. we need to start a web site we could make lots of money. a betting on yellowstone site. lol

i for one do not find it that funny

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm guessing a lot more people are either catching on or are becoming curious. It's becoming harder for me to get links to load. The rsoe map has been timing out for the past hour for me. I'd love to be able to see the progress of the various eq's and volcanic activity...does anyone have a link for something similar to the rsoe map?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

its funny because then if it does happen u will get alot of money from all the non believers. but i figure they wouldnt bet anyway cuz who would bet on that?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think Id have better luck betting on our stock market

I had to at least poke some fun in this thread....

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I believe that the tectonic plate is moving to the left look at the quakes that keep poppin up in alaska and cali
hisz.rsoe.hu...
and why is it moving to the left? what force makes it move to the left? all the volcanoes are either level 2-3(out of 4) or orange some yellow and a red, so why is the tectonic plate moving?
www.learner.org...

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Ponyboy_86]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Are you guys watching the live webcam of yellowstone?!?!

There's ALOT of shaking.

Something is up.

www.nps.gov...

And notice how fast the snow is melting. I understand that it there is alot of heat there so it's going to. But the rate that it is...it's just insane.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by toast317]

link   

Originally posted by Ponyboy_86
I believe that the tectonic plate is moving to the left look at the quakes that keep poppin up in alaska and cali
hisz.rsoe.hu...〈=eng
and why is it moving to the left? what force makes it move to the left? all the volcanoes are either level 2-3(out of 4) or orange some yellow and a red, so why is the tectonic plate moving?
www.learner.org...

Take a look at this site.
It shows you what is moving where

www.globalcmt.org...

Follow the rotating ball at any site

link   
reply to post by Ponyboy_86

2012 is way too long.. not a fair bet. I cant see going out for more than a year, because arent we basing this bet on the current activity?

I think you have a great idea we could create an offshore betting sight when yellowstone blows.
This way we can make some money for survival supplies.
)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Feel free to start up a new thread for betting on the eruption, but PLEASE stop swamping this thread.

Moderator: Please feel free to delete this post and all other idle chatter.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Why not hours?
My bet will be 72.

The snow is melting fast.
More and more snow is gone now, i think have seen meting ice on lake.
So it's pretty heating up, so the first show in hours not years or months.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by coolvibe]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Holy s. i been watching this website
www.learner.org...
for 3 days or so and it always said that there was volcanic activity in yellowstone, and now this volcanic activity icon is not there anymore. is there still volcanic activity going on?
then u start thinking like that other dude. that someones hiding something. oh no, there's no volcanic activity.

link   
reply to post by dodadoom

I don't know if it would be the time to leave the region (this thing doesn't necessarily have to end catastrophically) but I would certainly be very concerned

By the way, here's an updated chart.

Those signals on LKWY seismograph seem to get fainter and shorter in duration as time passes (therefore harder to read). I wonder why. Could it be that the vent from where hot steam and gasses are probably being ejected (if we're talking about an underwater geyser, as I said we're not sure yet) is getting obstructed? If yes, it's gonna be interesting to see what happens during the next hours.

Speculations gone wild.

link   
reply to post by BOTOH

Sorry dude. I will cut it out. Just having a little fun. Mostly my point was that I think people are over reacting and reaching a little bit to say this thing is going to blow and destroy the whole planet any time soon. You cant base a decision like this after like 3 or 4 days of minor earthquake swarms.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by toast317
Are you guys watching the live webcam of yellowstone?!?!

There's ALOT of shaking.

Something is up.

www.nps.gov...

[edit on 6-1-2009 by toast317]

I cant open it again!!
Can you please share or tell me what is happening there??

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BOTOH
Feel free to start up a new thread for betting on the eruption, but PLEASE stop swamping this thread.

Moderator: Please feel free to delete this post and all other idle chatter.

agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [p

please remove the nonsennce crap

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by toast317

I didn't see the shaking (just panning around now), but unless it was really fast or violent shaking I'd be inclined to blame the wind or the operator. It is not uncommon for it to bounce around a little when the wind blows.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of this earlier post. The 'top secret geyser' patterns are talked about here. Those patterns are very intricate with waves within waves.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BOTOH

Yeah they are short durations of shaking...but the camera is mounted and pans around every minute or so... but while it's still it started shaking as if someone went up to it and just shaked it around a little bit, and then stopped.

I understand wind might shake it a little bit if it's windy, but that much?

new topics

top topics

<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join