It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States has lost its moral authority

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

The United States has lost its moral authority

www.opednews.com

When I hear President Bush tell Russia "Enough is enough"
when it comes to their illegal invasion of Georgia, I am left
asking; What moral authority gives this man whose own
illegal invasion of Iraq the audacity to call upon Russia to
stand down?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Couldn't have asked it better myself.

The next thing you know, Bush could call Medvedev a war
criminal!

Naaaww, he's not THAT unintelligent!

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
We shall never get a straight answer on that.

link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

Yeah that's uber stupid!

Me and my mother were discussing this earlier. It makes no sense to me.

link   
and this is breaking news how... America (government) hasn't held the moral high ground in quite a while

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Yeah...they really havent.

It was about the time Bush got "elected" in, I think, and then you all started harping on about "democracy".

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

No, I guess we won't... Great link, plucky, STAR!

That type of obvious media censorship is one of the reasons that I cancelled DirecTV months ago, and because it and every other cable or
satellite TV provider is so glutted with repetitive commercials, that I was
no longer able to even "channel surf" away from them!!!

AND, because I could find hardly any real answers to any relevant human-
condition-problem type questions!

Thank goodness for Above Top Secret, and their members!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
We shall never get a straight answer on that.

Hey Plucky you vid link is not working?

Thanks Never mind - good now

[edit on 16-8-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   

ahahahah

that's awesome. surely it's TOO perfect though?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Starred!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Specifically which laws were broken concerning the Iraq war?

Have any idea?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Mehh Morals are Completely subjective in nature.. What one group of people term as "Moral" others do not..

Morality refers to an ideal code of conduct, one which would be espoused in preference to alternatives by all rational people, under specified conditions.

It could easily be argued that the US has never had the Moral Authority etc

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
That's outrageous.
Starred and flagged. Is this really genuine or has someone simply been messing about with a video editor and cut & pasted pieces of video footage together? People should never take anything at face value unless they know without a shadow of doubt that it's the real deal. If this is real, I would be totally embarrassed if I were an American.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by kindred]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Lost its moral authority? The Moral Authority was always an illusion. America has NEVER had a Moral Authority. Such things are nationalistic fabrications.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by LoveKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
None of the world has had any moral authority dating back to Nero and Caligula and the Roman empire.
Who is the offspring of these Emperors/Antichrists?
Could it be certain persons who are currently in high levels of power in this world?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Wow!

Unbeleivable, I feel like that was genuine video, but even it if isn't I wouldn't be suprised to see something like that. ::sigh::

The related Blackwater youtube videos seem interesting I'm going to read into that..

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Actually what gets to me the worst is the fact that our own for the people elected politicians but bought out by private interest think that we the American people are stupid, dumb and ignorant.

That is what gets me the most, how dare the whores in Washington think that we are nothing but an ignorant nation.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

true..
i love America

governments suck

the people are good
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
So you have the colossal audacity, Mr. Bush, to “warn” Russia to pull back? As the wanton, perverse war criminal under whose watch the world saw the crime known as “shock and awe” committed, I’d say you were well out of your mind to suggest that Russia should pull back.

english.pravda.ru...

we need NESARA
www.nesara.us...

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
moral authority? since when has acting in ones' own interests required morals? i wonder how many of you have moral authority to even criticize Americas' morality.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I would like to weigh in here...

I'm not exactly 100% on board the 'I agree" train on this one. But there are two separate issues presented here I want to address:

Mary MacElveen is to be congratulated for boldly expressing a view point which many, without a recognized voice (the American citizens NOT benefiting from our current situation), concur. It is a good post, earning in my opinion a flag and a star. Thank you for finding and sharing it.

But she came to a conclusion that was more important than she points out. And by means not exactly 'pertinent' to that conclusion.

But

Mary MacElveen made a few comments that I found I have questions about.

“Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice launched emergency talks in France aimed at heading off a wider conflict.” Excuse me…Didn’t we vilify France for trying to do that as we invaded Iraq and by them not wanting to take part in our illegal invasion of it?

Wasn't France's involvement in this conflict in the guise of European Union representation? Essentially, could any other leader have made the appeal?

While it is clear that France's diplomatic style has not been, from the American perspective, 'inviting', is not because of that fact that their mediation was not rejected by either party? Any other state would have been crippled by demonstrable bias in the matter?

That she meant to show the ironic fact that such an effort was unwelcome to what I will refer to as the Bush Regime. The fact that the Regime vocally rejected this during the Iraq venture, (which I should refer to as the "Chaney Oil War"), is not a question of moral distinction. It's a question of purpose.

It seems more a form of denial to resist the notion that this was an oil war. The reason that it has taken the current form is that it was 'branded' as an 'ideological' conflict. Historians have commented on this before. Couple the means and desire to increase wealth with the ability to politically control the nation and this is what you get. Morals don't enter into it. It's the collective paradigm of the 'character' of the regime. This is what they do, this is what they are all about, it is their purpose; which is to say, as far as they are concerned, they are doing what they have determined, serves their interests best.

But, it is this message from Rice that had me seeing red, "The message is that Russia has perhaps not accepted that it is time to move on from the Cold War and it is time to move to a new era in which relations between states are on the basis of equality, and sovereignty and economic integration,"

I almost choked when I heard these words myself. I will always remember that she evoked "a new era in which relations between states are on the basis of equality, and sovereignty and economic integration. I think it's a very telling phrase. It's a call for all the playing pieces on the board to be turned into 'checkers' of equal standing. It makes me question who's playing?

But again, the morality is a non-issue. The ruling class, whatever that is, has applied itself to redefine the meaning of communities of human beings. But only relevant to the framework of their control. We are separated from their context, how can we morally judge what they are doing?

...Israel is in violation of 71 UN resolutions. Why not sanction them or invade them? I guess some countries will always be treated unfairly by this government while others are supported.

Again, I think we are confusing morals with purpose. The leadership caste of the Israeli are entwined in the overall sub-culture of global leadership. Would any 'government' sue itself? Unlikely. It seems unlikely. Any body that could pursue such an action is duly influenced by Israelis either directly or by proxy.

What follows are some dilemmas I accept as moral, one's which address the human condition. She then leads to the conclusion,

...that moral issues that are not truly relevant to our lives are thrust upon us as if they were.

I offer that an extension of this should have been part of the equation.

...responsibility for the behavior of the leadership is thrust upon us as if we had anything to do with it.

There are many ignorant voices in the world, people who think that all of this nonsense is somehow 'American' and that "We the people" had any control over it. Secret meetings, incontestable Executive Order, Israeli policy-makers appointed to 'lead' in our public institutions.

How is 'our' morality even figuring into this? The premise that the national resources expended in the international arena is affected by public will is fallacious, it axiomatically accepts that the American people are somehow 'represented' by the Regime needs to be destroyed. The elite have extensively spread this apparatus of control throughout the states, and we are institutionally ignored as a matter of principle.

I refuse to accept moral responsibility for the actions of a transnational corporate Regime, under which I am essentially repressed and unrepresented.

Now as for pluckynoons piece..., I loved it. Awesome example of censorship in action. Even the network talking head paused in a meaning way before reported the 'lost' video feed.

While the shameless behavior of the media censors is both cruelly funny and glaringly belligerent; It clearly reaffirms that which I have been fearing for a decade. They do control what we see, they are disincentives to exercise true journalism. Yet more proof we, as a nation, are morally insulated from the sham.

America is not dead, the American spirit and the true nature of the American Character is buried under a cloak of ideology which represses its expression and punishes (sometimes cruelly) acts highlighting that fact.

((OK, I am ready for flammage))

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join