It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Theft Auto 4 - hidden messages?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 23Eulogy23

There is also ufo in GTA SA but no bigfoot, there was a rumor but it wasn't in the game, except with one mod, so i think this is why there are some in the new one, i also think the creator try tu put a maximum of things in the game to make it as funny as possible, i just hope it will be available on computer no way i buy a ps3 or xbox.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The thing is the general population won't take all of the messages in the game seriously. It's GTA the only reason anyone plays it is to have fun. So if your an average brainwashed american citizen, your'e most likely not even going to pay attention to the things they say about the government. To them they are joking and nothing more.

If the elite knew that it would effect the populations thinking, then they would probably not have let it get this big.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Hey sd, I only have a ps2 right now. I try to stay at least one generation of console systems behind, in order to save money.

I haven't played ANY of the GTA games.

Can you or any other members for that matter reccomend which game I should get first?

I know the obvious answer would be to get the first one that came out for PS2 and then play them all, but it's not really a genre I see myself playing all the games.

So again of all the GTA title for ps2 which one would you reccomend I get, like which one is the most entertaining, has the most depth, (don't worry about replayability, I'm a beat the game once, never play them again type of guy)and encompesses the most of the feel of the series on it's own.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I would get San Andreas. It's really good.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I've played the other GTA games and the first thing I noticed when I started playing 4 was the increase in the political satire. I would say it was a HUGE increase. They have one channel devoted to mayor's campaign and the things he says are so disturbingly close to the truth of way politics REALLY work I was amazed. Then they have the whole war on terror thing but escalated. I'd say whoever they got writing the political satire is a conspiracy theorist.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think Lazlow wrote a lot of it. He's been harping on the fed's FCC rules for years and probably decided to go all in for this one to mock the government at every level in retalliation.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I believe this site gets parodied on GTA4.

If you search on the (GTA4) internet "liesdamnedlies.net" you'll be on a site that very much parodies this site. Hell, it even has links to other esoteric sites which are parodied, too - Poor looking websites on a free host server with some statements about a "whacky" subject, and crappy .GIF images.

So far, it's a great game. Sucks that I can lose in a a few street fist fights, though.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Who is lazlow. I looked in the credits and is says something like 'lazlow as himself".

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If you have an XM radio, Lazlow is the guy who used to do the Technofile report every day on the various channels. He also is on Opie & Anthony quite often as well as formerly producing his own radio show on terrestrial radio. He's a genius at production work, with shock humor skits and mockeries of common institutions. He also has done almost all of the radio station skits for every GTA game since GTA III. (All those great commercials and parody NPR programs in the series are courtesy of him.)
www.lazlow.com...

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
having played GTA since playstation i can say if you do find hidden messages, you probably did find them, Rockstar has a sense of humor and they took a lot of time to make this game, so if you think you found something in a poster, you probably did, if you think someone said something as you walked by, they probably did

check out any game review website and you should find comments about the game creators and what they have done throughout the history of the game, little jokes and all kinds of things are hidden and in the game, this one being so big and time consuming should have the most things in it

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The violence and general game play aside, the story line, radio ads (the talk radio station is the best!), and the TV shows make the game worth the price. The in-game internet is hours of fun humor as well!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
ATS is even spoofed in game on the internet!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
If you get involved in a car chase or rob someone, you can watch yourself on TV! So Awesome!!!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by allMIGHTY

no no no the bit bout th comdian, 'ricky gervais' and his steven hawking impression and the war stuff etc....all tht is from his 2 live stand-up tours in UK, 'politics' and 'animals'. All Rockstar av dun is taken sound cuts from his acts and thn re-create his character in the game, its jus a celebrity appearance in a game....not propoganda....ur readin it too deep. the rest i agree on, but nt ricky gervais bit

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
i have the game and i love it. i think that the point of the radio and the tv is to add a sense of reality to the game and make the player feel like hes actually in the game itself. my favorite part of the game is hitting people with my car because of the way that the civilians are programmed to go in a different pattern when you hit them every time. [:
best game ever

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
reply to post by Nola213

GTA III was the first available for the PS2. The graphics have not aged well and the game lacks alot of polish. GTA Vice City came out a year and a half later and was extremely improved over III. I'd actually start with that game. San Andreas is so good that I can't see a person who starts with that game going backwards and trying one of the previous ones. So I'd get that one after finishing Vice City.

If you thought that, you should have seen GTA on the Playstation. My friends and I used to play that all the time... if I remember correctly it was banned from the US for awhile as well...?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by allMIGHTY

your so silly why would the goverment be manipulating us all with hidden messages when the game is sold world wide. personally i dont care even if there manipulating me baecause it will be for my best intrests and im normal enough to not be bothered about secret messages in video games.
do you have tin foil on the ceiling to protect you from satilites?

no i do not work for the man and no they didnt brainwash me i think its you who have been brainwashed buy micheal moore

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You know, ATS is parodied on the ingame internet as liesdamnlies.com

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Yea ive found the heart in my game its pretty cool

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

ifruit, a classic rip of the movie forrest gump.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Lake the many other games it can contain some subliminal messages,
but it is if you play it more than few hours per day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join