It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange object orbiting the Sun? - NASA video posted today - 31/12/07

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Vulcan?

Wikipedia Link

Vulcan was proposed to explain a small perturbation in Mercury's orbit from the path predicted by classical mechanics, technically called perihelion precession.

During Mercury's orbit, its perihelion advances by a small amount each orbit. The phenomenon is predicted by classical mechanics, but the observed value differed from the predicted value by the small amount of 43 arcseconds per century.

This idea and the name "Vulcan" was postulated by the French mathematician Urbain Le Verrier in 1859, closely following his spectacular success in "discovering" the planet Neptune in the same way — using only calculus. Various persons and astronomers around the world attempted to prove the existence of the said planet.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GBBumblebee

Well, I have looked at this several times now, and it looks to me like one of the US Space Patrol Craft, very hush hush I know, but that's what it looks like to me.
Whatever it is, it's very interesting,
Horsegiver.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
A C class flare or ten ??? Big deal...

Now...When we start getting hit by high X class flare after and over for hours and hours, then our comms and electricity supply needs to get a hurry on...

C Class flares are nothing to be alarmed about...Move along people, nothing to see here...

Sheesh !! *smacks myself upside to the head a couple times*

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

The issue isn't the flare. The OP is talking about the big object that appears to reflect the light that came from the flare. It does look strange, but then again... I have seen a lot of things on these SOHO images that look strange.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

London to a brick its an aberration, Karl

I think we both know that to be the case...

Peace

sty

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
going over that object issue, yes i guess we have to prepare for large x flares for 2011-2012 . The new slar cycle just started and it is not going to be what we are use with . We do not have enoug records to say "it is a natural cycle" or not , but NASA advanced 50-80% more activity than the previous cycle.Some other scientists blame NASA for not telling the truth - that the solar cycle will have up to 500% more activity than the previous cycle. So, stay tune for the solar super-cycle

[edit on 1-1-2008 by sty]

Mod Edit: New Forum Image Linking Policy – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Fabulous pics sty. Great catch.
As for what that object is, there is another thread from a few years back I think it was one of Val's. We were checking out some solar flares and there was an object in the same spot I believe that left us all wondering. I think someone said it was Mars or something. Cant remember. I will check it out and see if I can dig up a link.

EDIT: There was one that was Venus and one that was Mercury. Neither fit this discription though. Perhaps it is a satalite. It is not easy to get a good grasp of any depth in these. Maybe it is closer to the earth rather than closer to the sun. Just a thought.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by mrsdudara]

sty

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

well, there must be an explanation. However if the object is closer to the Earth then during the flare we should see an "eclipsed" spot - and this is not the case. If the object would be in the back of the sun then we talk about something so huge that would contain our Earth several times. However, if the object is behind the Sun , the flare should reduce the visibility of the object. But as I observe , the flare is actually making the object brighter , so i assume it that the object is located in close proximity with the sun. Now about the size of the object, well it really depends of where are the pictures taken. If the pictures are taken from the Earth orbit, we talk about an HUGE object. The object seems to be like a floating pyramid as shown in the other pictures , so i assume it is a rock or at least solid . A gas object should be blown away by the flares as it happened 2 months ago when a comet passed by . In the end I have to admit i do not have any explanation for this , nor clue on the size of this object .. here is the good bye picture :

sty

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
just looking around -yet another strange picture - lease look behind the south pole on our Sun - what in the world is that?

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Its more than likely a reptillian or zorgon mothership. the ships these guys control work on a kind of photsenphesis basis. When ever energy stockpiles are low they sit near the sun an absorb its energy for fuel.

sty

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
more objects-

21:25 UT- look in the N-East , 2 objects

21:55 - moved to the East

22:05 - north - north - east again

22:25 UT - south-west, my object.Also something in the east

22:55 - object vanishing for 20 minutes but appears again , south -east

23:05 - north east object

23:25 - now in north-east

23:45 - south again

my question is .. why the object seem to appear in such random position ? i am so sure we do not talk about planets as they should be more linear .. quite strange. Also , the South pole objecs are strange...

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I thought this could be Mercury so I did some checking. I do not know if the image video is oriented north, but we can maybe assume this as it is a standard in most disciplines. But because there is no up in space......

I took a shot from the time index in the mid video time/date.

If you place the view from behind Earth with Sun directly in back of Earth, assuming that the Ahead image is oriented north as my map is, it is not out of the realm of possibilities that it is Mercury. Slight bit of a stretch without more work. Just FYI.

Mercury is in fact below the plane of the Solar system also, explaining the objects low position in relation to the Sun. Mercury is also a fast moving planet. I animated the map and recorded 24 hours, so I did see it move in the period as much as the image in the video. I can get an image showing this, but it is confusing visually, so this will do.

ZG

[edit on 1/1/2008 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Looks like an asteroid (covered in sunscreen) about to enter its atmosphere

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
So, are we really going to assume that NASA has no clue what this object is and that we are the ones to figure it out?

Or are we going to accept the fact that all of these new planets, new objects, new this and that are just hinting at something else?

Conjecture is fun but I can't handle anymore of it.

sty

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
planets would not appear and then vanish in a matter of 15 minutes. NASA publishes pictures every 15 minutes, but with some ocassions there are "gapes" of 2 hours like we got yesterday , 1/1/08 ... maybe just because of the objects ?

sty

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
new pictures ,2008:

east:

south:

this one is interesting- north-west, 3 objects

south- 3 little objects

north-east - this seems to be an ussual dark sape

south east, south west

east- is this a planet?

north- the ussual shape again , could be a satelite as it seems to be in the front of the sulight

east, north-east

south-west - this is quite interesting, but it could be natural (this would be very strange)

south-west again

gtg now , feel free to post any anussual solar pictures from

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

Very interesting links. I'm not sure just how to understand the data as regards the size/scale we're discussing. Without a fairly accurate guess about the distances involved, no real idea stands out on the size.

I would be interested in everyone's opinion about sizes here, and how you arrived at the number.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
22:55 has two objects as well.
crazy stuff.

As for the satalites, they have reflectors, and solar panels. Perhaps that is what it is, but honestly I havent a clue. It is something worth looking into though.

Im going to u2u CKK and see if he can come check this out. Surely he will have an answer for this (if he is still around).

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Very Nice Find....

I think it's interesting to note that these Solar Flares and CME's are often accompanied by the passing by of some object, usually a comet. It does seem that these objects have a direct effect on the Sun.

Dev

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
well let just hope its not a alian craft because that object is huge it sure is not murcury its still way to big, but for nasa to realise this picture without the airbrushing you can rest asure its nothing to worry about or have thay got sloppy,

and as for the flaire id be more conserned if it was a super flaire

[edit on 3-1-2008 by BRITWARRIOR]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join