It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange object orbiting the Sun? - NASA video posted today - 31/12/07

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
sty

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Sunspot C-class explosion , shows a strange object orbiting the Sun

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov

"A sunspot located just out of sight over the sun's eastern limb has unleashed two strong C-class solar flares in the past 24 hours. The sun's rotation should bring this active region into view later today or tomorrow allowing us to evaluate its potential for more explosions. If you have a solar telescope, monitor the limb."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-12-2007 by sty]

sty

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Just wanted to check the last sunspot activity on www.spaceweather.com , but this interesting video (NASA) catched my attention. The last sunspot explosion (C-Class flare) actually unveals something that does not make sense to me - please take a look ! While sunspot sends the flare into the space, a very clear object is reflected. It looks obvious the object rotates. The object cannot be very far from the sun as the flare can somehow cover it . If the object is close to the sun surface (maybe few mil. miles) then .. we talk about an object of a huge size. However, i could be wrong- what do you think?

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

to MOD- please feel free to assign this info to the right category - i do not know how to do that..(sory )

sty

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
i watched the video tens of times (one second video- Mpeg) , it looks like the object is behind the C-class flare . What could orbit in that location - any astronomy scientists around?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hmm interesting, Great Find

It seems to me, that it looks like a triangler? object. I dont think it would be a satelite/space junk because that close to the sun = burnt.

Maybe there's a possibilte that it's a asteroid? Would they be able to get close to the sun?, also would they be able to handle the intense heat? Wouldn't they just break apart......

Who knows? Maybe this is the proof we have been waiting for?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It could be hundreds of millions of miles behind the sun. In fact it's most likely one of the many planets in our solar system, just doing it's thing.

sty

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JDN24

WELL, LOTS OF asteroids out there. However , this one is really close to the Sun surface . Our Sun is 100 times larger than our Earth (diameter), if that object is in the close proximity of the Sun then we talk about the size of a large planet. maybe several times larger than Earth. And indeed , it seem to have a rectangular shape..

sty

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

I was thinking about the object as far behind the sun too - but that is not quite possible as the object is lighted by the flare .It is like you would have a huge photo camera with a nice flash. The flare is only few milion miles long. However - i do not notice a trail left , so it must be just "around" the trail ..

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Nice find....and I can already guess what some will say about this....Planet X.....

-B

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Actually, it does appear to be Mercury as it's in that exact position at the moment, assuming SOHO orbits in sync with the Earth.

edit: Source

[edit on 12/31/2007 by mythatsabigprobe]

sty

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

that would be little too much haha . Just thinking - the object is getting brighter during the solar flare so it cannot be behind the sun . It must be just in the "beam" . Going back to 2012 - not necessary to be Planet x . It could be just a higher density of objects floating around as we approach to cross the galactic plane of our Milky way. If the teory is true, the gravitational pull of our very own central black hole (of Milky Way ) shoud bring lots of objects like this
On the other side, it could be another easy explanation like an astronaut using the toilet in ISS?

sty

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

yes, it could be.. i agree. Poor planet
. Just to edit - your link provides actually a list with near-earth objects. It will really take someone with astronomy skills to tell us the distance between the object and the sun. I will calculate it when i get home(@ work now ) - if the object is on the orbit of Mercury , what is the actual size in order to see it that large?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Just to get this out of my head - What if it is a UFO? -

What would it be doing so close to the sun, and it would have to built out of something to protect it from that intense heat. I mean - Thats HOT. Is there material that can withstand that amount of heat? I think not.

sty

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JDN24

I have the feeling than an UFO of an advanced civilisation would find a way to travel close to our Sun . Maybe it takes the sunspot energy as "petrol" for our cars
. Anyway - i think that if an advanced civilisation would come this far, they would master the space, dimmensions & gravity quite well

sty

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
updates - the sunspot is revealed little by little. I find it odd, i guess we are just entering the new solar cycle .
www.lmsal.com...
predicted by NASA as having 150 to 180 % the activity of the previous solar maximum so i guess we would see quite some X flares very soon. The sun looks strange lately (watching the website for about 2 years by now) but it looks like sunspots are rising everywhere..

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Good thread, OP. This is an interesting video. Exactly what we're seeing is a little hard to be sure, as it seems a bit near to Sol to be Mercury, not to mention too large, I would think. (It could be a distortion caused by the flare itself that causes it to look larger and closer.)

Worth looking into a bit further. And this is exactly the right forum to have this looked at; it is something of a space anomaly, and many on this forum find that a challenge.

Good job.

sty

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Mercury was at the right side of the flare - as seen in this video

www.spaceweather.com...

by the way , the video i posted first, was replaced with a lower resolution one by NASA in just a few hours.. this is strange as the video was quite small in size (1 second video). The higher resolution video would make more clear a rectangular shaped object rotating then getting brighter as it reflected the light from the sunspot explosion.. still wonder why the video has been replaced. Lucky me I saved this video - but i cannot access that computer until 2nd of January

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

Interesting .... from what I can tell this object is close to the sun because it lights up when the flare occures... if this is true then it must be massive.

Compare the size of the object to the size of the sun, when it lights up the shadow seems to be cast under the object which tells me its slightly below the sun but about the same distance away as the sun.

Just my 2 cents.

sty

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
here we go - good resolution pictures ---

video 1 - 12/30/07

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

video2 - 12/31/07

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

and better resolution pictures -

day 1 -
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
day2-
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

best shoots:
day 1

day2

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If it is a natural body is is orbiting in a retrograde direction in relation to SOHO. Unless the image is reversed.

Or it could just be an artifact of the lens. Like a flare.

sty

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapacious

cannot be a part of the flare - if you watch the video made for the day one. However, it could be a natural body. But if this is a natural body , how can it be illuminated by the flare ? only if in close proximity to the sun. If this is true, what would be the size of this object?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join