It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HPV vaccine mandated in D.C. today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I thought that this would send some chills down some's spin in here.

Today D.C. mandates that all girls to be vaccinated at age 12-13 for HPV. I'm sure the ladies in the forum might not see the problem with this. But as you guys know this vaccine has not been on the market for long so we have no idea of the long term effect that this could cause. I have a 11 month old daughter that I'm sure will see this vaccine. The problem here is that MERCK has lobbied to have Texas and D.C. mandate these shots that are given in 3 stages and cost $350.00. This is about $117.00 each shot. I don't have a problem with MERCK offering this as a opt in voluntary choice. I don't think drug companies should be lobbying states and government to mandate these unless it is a air borne threat. This is just proof that Washington does NOT need lobbiest! And people should really watch who they vote for now because these people who vote this as mandate are the same people who want the government being a full time parent and gaurdian of your child. I find this a direct relationship of people who wish the government censor and watch over our children instead of the parents. Becuase once our government starts mandating drugs for drug companies it is going to get worse IMO.

www.aproundtable.org...

[edit on 4-4-2007 by tsloan]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
another domino piece falls...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I solemnly swear that anyone, except my wife, trying to shoot my kids up with anything without my permission will die by my hands, or will have to kill me.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is just another indication that the corporate oligarchy has us by the short hairs and very soon will have us by the balls. We are just pawns in a game where we not only, don't know the rules, the winner has been predetermined.

It's a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house!!

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Amen to that cavscout. We are moving ever rapidly from citizens to subjects. Pretty soon they will goose stepping down capitol hill to the rythym of the new world order.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Just to let you know, not all women think this is a good idea. I believe that children already get too many vaccinations as it is and this HPV is just another one added to the mix. Thank you very much for posting this link to that article. I appreciate being informed of this.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Didn't DC legislators hear the uproar when they brought this up in TX? Or don't they care?

This government is totally out of control. :shk:

I don't have kids, but I have a niece (in the DC area, actually) and I will do all I can to lobby against her getting it. I doubt her parents would allow it, but I'll be sure to weigh in with my opinion, just in case.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
It is just odd that they are mandating something like that for girls, 12 & 13, right before they make ready to bear children.

Also interesting is that it is currently in Washington DC, soon to be in Texas, areas political enough I can't imagine their own kids would be the guinea pigs for this outrageous plan.

I don't understand. Breast cancer is killing women all over the place and no immunization but sudden mandated ones for cervical cancer which I thought was not that likely in girls/women.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie
I have a niece (in the DC area, actually) and I will do all I can to lobby against her getting it.

I hear ya'. Frightening, eh??

Last I heard, when it was mandated in Texas, those who had 'religious reasons' for not taking the shot were allowed to opt out.

My husband and I have decided it's now against our religion to force our daughter to take shots from a drug company who is pushing a mandatory drug only to make back profits from their VIOXX disaster - Vioxx that it is alleged has killed more people than the bomb in Hiroshima.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Glad to see I'm not the only one to think this is a little much.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
KY is making this mandatory too. I refused to let them inject my daughter with it. They already had the shots here in February, pushing them on parents. The doctor looked stunned that I refused.

Had I known I could turn down vaccinations for my daughter, I would have a long time ago. I didn't know I could refuse until I came here. Everywhere I have heard they were mandatory and I was scared of saying no.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
update:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=283703

www.news-medical.net...

side effects were overwhelming the first day, congratulations! I#m glad nobody seems to have died - so far!

this message was posted on several similar threads..

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
I'm sure the ladies in the forum might not see the problem with this.

Oh .. you bet I do!!

MERC can't be trusted. Can anyone say 'VIOXX'???? This has NOT been tested long enough. To demand that the entire pre-teen female population of the USA (it's coming to that) be given these shots is INSANE. It's also a HUGE money maker for Vioxx. Guess they had to get some money fast ... they are still dealing with all those payouts from the VIOXX lawsuits.

Wonder who they have been paying off (or threatening?? ) to get this pushed through so fast.

It makes me

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
And this is just the beginning!

I think we can look forward to more forced drugs to "protect" us just like the War on Terror is supposed to.

Payback time for the big Pharma, now that the Oil companys have their plumb in the MidEast along with the outragious gas pricing.

Thanks GWB

zmagsite.zmag.org...

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The pushing of this vaccine only shows how our elected officials in Washington have sold themselves to corporate interest.

The money that has been pushed by mega corporations like Merck is just to much for our greedy politicians.

Look at the donations that merck has done to some politicians to have their vaccine pushed.

Vaccine Meeting, Merck Donation Coincide
www.cbsnews.com...

top topics

join