It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor Bowser says migrants along the border are "being tricked" onto buses to D.C.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960
This is the absolute greatest. Liberals want open borders, but, don't let them live near them.

Fred..

They are hypocrites. When it comes to the issues of open borders they have no problems using it as a means of trying to own conservatives even as far referring them as racists.

edit on 18-7-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Weren't they already tricked by Biden to come to the border? Or did she accidentally forget that?

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   
That’s ok
You believed the pee dossier too

It is a voluntary use service provided by the great state of Texas.

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

And typical of you sir, is making comments personal slams. However consider this.

Of course the definition you use is a most common definition. However it can be looked at from a wider perspective.
The definition you want to limit the understanding to includes the transport of people not capable of defending them selves from the machinations of those who would use them for their own purposes. This is true of a child disconnected from their normal support system being used to make a profit for a slaver but it is also true of these Governors moving homeless and disenfranchised migrants who are in serious transitional phases of their lives to score political victory points for their own causes.

I am told that children who end up being trafficked are often tricked into their situation with promises of candy and things that they want. Teenage girls are tricked into believing they have found a protector who will find them work and security.

Those people were tricked on to buses with promises of support an bottles of water and food to carry them to a place that would be better for them.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
TLDR

The "trafficking" is being done by the cartels and the Biden administration. Full stop.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
The mayor of DC officially declared on national news that DC woukd be a sanctuary city regardless of legal status years ago. The governor is in effect complying with the humanitarian declarations of the DC leadership and bringing these illegal aleins to their nationally declared sanctuary.

Is is toe-may-toe , or toe-mah-toe ???

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Remember Mayor Bowser is up for re-election this Nov 8th.

No small wonder she's "Campaigning" with manufactured Human Misery stories 🥳

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Certainly this is a banana/banaana dance and that was the gist of my first point and my reply quoted above.

The whole idea of ''sanctuary'' cities in the North, and especially the North East is rather ludicrous. I mean, it sounds nice calling it ''Sanctuary''. All those liberal cities up and down the coasts have known for decades the blight of homelessness and and the inability of city and county government to deal with it in a humanitarian manner. Those that have managed to do so to a degree have shown that only makes it more attractive for more people to go there searching for the advantages

That DC mayor didn't sound nimby to me so much though of course it can easily be heard that way by any expecting that kind of response. She was engaged in discussing housing rental costs escalating and the cities attempts to build more housing for those forced into homelessness when the interviewer brought up the bus issue.

Her point was that these migrants had not intended to go to DC or any other northern city I guess. I don't know, likely some were. Do these people come here with no idea of where to go next, or do they have some place specific in mind, likely a relative or a friend already established further from the border. I don't know however her position was that they do and have had intentions of scattering to those places. And granted a large portion of the people they might be seeking out would be in the southern states. That was her liberal response. They didn't want to come here but were tricked into the buses bringing them here. She then said that the federal government needed to coordinate .

And none of that takes away from the case I made that those two governors may have stooped to conveying people under false pretenses. And of course it could be that there was only humanitarian concerns that prompted them to bus those people elsewhere. Of course, but I doubt it, that's not the consensus I get from reading in this thread. The consensus here is ''Yeah he showed em.''

So, humanitarian efforts OR using other peoples lives as pawns in a larger political game?

edit on 31America/ChicagoTue, 19 Jul 2022 11:47:10 -0500Tue, 19 Jul 2022 11:47:10 -050022072022-07-19T11:47:10-05:001100000047 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It is completely ridiculous to make any comments about what the intended destinations of these migrants could be as that cannot be known beyond they are supposedly seeking asylum in AMERICA not exclusively Texas.

If anything it’s RACUST to say these immigrants are being tricked into acting outside of their own intent, are we to assume they are unintelligent and incapable of perusing their own intent because ...? Disgusting views you are holding along with the mayor for this suggestion.

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Certainly this is a banana/banaana dance and that was the gist of my first point and my reply quoted above.

The whole idea of ''sanctuary'' cities in the North, and especially the North East is rather ludicrous. I mean, it sounds nice calling it ''Sanctuary''. All those liberal cities up and down the coasts have known for decades the blight of homelessness and and the inability of city and county government to deal with it in a humanitarian manner. Those that have managed to do so to a degree have shown that only makes it more attractive for more people to go there searching for the advantages

That DC mayor didn't sound nimby to me so much though of course it can easily be heard that way by any expecting that kind of response. She was engaged in discussing housing rental costs escalating and the cities attempts to build more housing for those forced into homelessness when the interviewer brought up the bus issue.

Her point was that these migrants had not intended to go to DC or any other northern city I guess. I don't know, likely some were. Do these people come here with no idea of where to go next, or do they have some place specific in mind, likely a relative or a friend already established further from the border. I don't know however her position was that they do and have had intentions of scattering to those places. And granted a large portion of the people they might be seeking out would be in the southern states. That was her liberal response. They didn't want to come here but were tricked into the buses bringing them here. She then said that the federal government needed to coordinate .

And none of that takes away from the case I made that those two governors may have stooped to conveying people under false pretenses. And of course it could be that there was only humanitarian concerns that prompted them to bus those people elsewhere. Of course, but I doubt it, that's not the consensus I get from reading in this thread. The consensus here is ''Yeah he showed em.''

So, humanitarian efforts OR using other peoples lives as pawns in a larger political game?

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Skepticape

If anything it’s RACUST to say these immigrants are being tricked into acting outside of their own intent, are we to assume they are unintelligent and incapable of perusing their own intent because ...? Disgusting views you are holding along with the mayor for this suggestion.

HOGWASH. Calling up racism, you do mean racism don't you by saying RACUST, is a red herring. Calling into question a persons capability to use whatever level of intelligence they have for pursuing, you do mean pursuing don't you when you say ''perusing'' their own intent is not racist or even racust. It's a general assumption in this world of manipulation that it is a means to an end that spans all races, sexes and ages.

So your intent to paint my comments as racist fall short of anything other than baseless blather.

posted on Jul, 23 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   
dbl
edit on 31America/ChicagoSat, 23 Jul 2022 15:49:12 -0500Sat, 23 Jul 2022 15:49:12 -050022072022-07-23T15:49:12-05:00300000049 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Remember the policy of sending immigrants to a place with decent homeless shelters is racist. Never the assumption that they don't know any better. That assumption isn't racist. Never.

As one who actually has spent time among the immigrant population, and can speak borderline fluent (once upon a time completely fluent) Spanish, I will tell you. Most immigrants arrive by networking with family and friends already in the country, and are extremely well informed about where the best jobs and/or benefits are.

If they're taking the bus to DC, it's because they thought it through.

(post by Skepticape removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I hear Martha's Vineyard is a nice place to drop illegals off.

Fred..

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960
I hear Martha's Vineyard is a nice place to drop illegals off.

Fred..

I would consider Hyannis Hyenas Port also 😀

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   

All I know of you is your post, a post so riddled with accusation that you can barely use spell check in your haste to make them. I try to make no assumptions about you, only what you have written.

Your second reply is only more of the same. No attempt to discuss, only to degrade. Funny in a way. I"m only supposing that you consider yourself conservative because you seem to automatically assume that I am a Democrat. (another far flung assumption that is far being true). So isn't it interesting that you, a conservative, if that is how you see yourself, making wild claims about another poster as being racist. See, I was under the impression that this was a standard gripe about liberals is that liberals are always calling conservatives racist. But that is what you are doing here. It's BS from either side.

So you have doubled down on an inaccurate accusation so why not try for a triple-down. No don't bother me or yourself.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   
With illegal immigration, its hard to divide race and culture into two piles, because people coming here from a place where English isnt even the primary language, are going to be culturally different.

Mexico created its own problems. There is quite a lot of Marxism going on there, which is why it is nigh impossible to start a business unless you are greasing the palms of the local police and some other bureaucrats.

Are they trying to escape from the culture, or the economy? If a Mexican wants to come to America to join our culture and become part of it, because they can see how idiotic Mexican culture is, then they will probably contribute. If they are a dreamer, who wishes it were possible to be an idiot and still have nice things, then they are only here to steal.

The thing about culture vs race, is that culture is defined by the ideals a person holds. A cultural stereotype is true of every member. Every SINGLE member, and without exception. There is nothing bigoted about making an assumption about someone if it is guaranteed to be true.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Has Browser started sending them back to Texas yet?

(post by Skepticape removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 01:26 AM
link   

You fixate on spelling instead of substance.

Because there IS no substance beyond assumptive accusation.

our view is racist that these brown bodies aren’t able to act on their own interest and instead must be tricked. It’s disgusting.

Here, you assume that the distinction of ethnicity even came to my mind let alone that Mayor. You want to paint me as racist yet have nothing to base that on other than your own, for whatever reasons, assumptions.

You cannot know the exact intent of these migrants.

Nor, I believe, did I claim to. People who may or may not have undergone a long trek over hostile territory with little food,water or shelter, having left their homes, if they even had them, to sneak into another country are very likely to accept any help or promises from a smiling face that they can.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join