It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEVELOPING: Multiple People Have Been Shot In Downtown Denver, Police Say

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I spent 2 yrs building Coors Field in the 90's, at that time, developers were buying everything they could, to renovate into high end commercial and residential properties. There's a lot of money in that area but if you venture a few blocks in certain directions, especially at night, good luck.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Denver is in the process of being gentrified. There are a lot of parts that are sketchy and have been for awhile. This gentrification is just covering up a lot of this and has created a mix of rich/poor, illusion of beauty and safety but still pretty sketchy. Having lived in Colorado my whole life this is not even close to surprising. This # happens all the time. Soon it will be completely gentrified and all of the poor will be moved out to other cities /towns and these types of problems will just follow them.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
In 38 years, I have been shot at 1 time. I was 16 and wandered into the Caprini Greens on the se side of Chicago.
I was called a honkey and shot at as I ran away with my 13 yr old brother. I could hear the rounds zip past my ear.
That was the attitude there in 1996. I can't imagine now.
Denver has been flooded with the same characters.

They're just protecting their exclusive upscale neighborhood.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I was thinking more of demographics terms. You know Caucasian/African.
edit on 19-11-2018 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

That's hectic, I would have needed to borrow a pair of DB's depends in that situation.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Eyewitness information...a shooter shooting into a crowd of homeless people, with both hands on the gun, then getting into his car and driving off. Kind of annoying the Denver Post has eyewitness information but no description of the shooter. Apparently someone from the crowd shot back.

Hisam Derani had just gotten off work and was commuting home, parking a scooter and swapping it for a bike, when he heard gunshots.

“I didn’t know what to think,” Derani said.

Derani instinctively ducked behind a vehicle for safety, huddling close to a tire out of view of the shooter. “If he comes across the street…I am screwed,” Derani recalled thinking.

After about a half-dozen shots, with Derani witnessing the initial shot or two before ducking, the gunfire stopped. Derani again looked across the street and saw the shooter get into a car, behind the wheel and slam the driver’s door shut before speeding off.

One person in the crowd that was fired upon returned gunfire at the car as it sped away, Derani said. People who were there then just starting walking away, leaving the people who had been shot lying on the ground.

Derani used his cell phone to call 911. Some other witnesses rushed over to the victims to see if they could render aid. Police arrived on the scene quickly.

Derani described the crowd that was fired upon as homeless or indigent people. He said the man who fired into the crowd held the handgun with two hands.

Source

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I was thinking more of demographics terms. You know Caucasian/African.

So, you immediately go to the race card, and assume everyone else thinks that way as well.

That sickens me to be honest. Projection of racial hate like that is not welcome, not should it be tolerated.

edit on 11/19/2018 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What's going on today with all the shootings? If not Black Friday yet.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
a reply to: xuenchen

What's going on today with all the shootings? If not Black Friday yet.

Watch for the Walmart stampedes !!!!! 🖐

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
More updates

Witnesses say it started as they watched an argument between two men and one shot the other in the head.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

a reply to: mtnshredder

When it comes to the demographics what are the percent of Caucasian/African in that area where this happened?

IDK any stats for the area and I haven't been there for many yrs. I couldn't give you accurate info as far as demographics in the area. I do know there's a large hispanic population West. Five points is East and it has a large Black population with gringos speckled all thru the mix everywhere. Five Points is a bad area and has been for a long time, which is basically in the area of the shooting.
edit on 19-11-2018 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Projection of racial hate like that

I was simply asking what was the demographic make up of the area where this shooting happened, because a few members did mentioned ghettos.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Projection of racial hate like that

I was simply asking what was the demographic make up of the area where this shooting happened, because a few members did mentioned ghettos.

And, why does the color of a person;s skin even matter???? That is the problem I have with your question. It is based and rooted in racial hatred.

edit on 11/19/2018 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

In 38 years, I have been shot at 1 time. I was 16 and wandered into the Caprini Greens on the se side of Chicago.

I was called a honkey and shot at as I ran away with my 13 yr old brother. I could hear the rounds zip past my ear.

That was the attitude there in 1996. I can't imagine now.

Denver has been flooded with the same characters.

I've been shot at a few times. I imagine the first time was just warning shots as I recognized it as a shotgun, and I was just a child. The second time put five bullet holes in my driver's door. I've been stabbed though, and straight impaled... Weird that I'm alive...

The situation in Denver as I understand it is pretty rough, at least from the friends I've had that lived there.

I'm discouraged by the attack on the unfortunate in this thread. I've known some bad people and I've been in a bad situation, but that has little to do with it.

I feel there's been a disconnect among us. We are no longer communities. We hold opinions dear, but we discard life. We're growingly segregated. Our families either never form or fall apart. That's the biggest issue in the US. Nobody seems to be tackling this issue. It's heartbreaking. And I believe it'll get worse.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

It is based and rooted in racial hatred

Ah so its racist now to ask for demographic stats because its bad? the last time i checked Krakatoa White people dont live in ghettos.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Do you think It is also rooted in racial hatred to mention and to state that two Italian girls were both raped and kiled by African migrants in Italy?

Is it racist to say that?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

It is based and rooted in racial hatred

Ah so its racist now to ask for demographic stats because its bad? the last time i checked Krakatoa White people dont live in ghettos.

Yes, yes they do. People of all colors and creeds live in ghettos. I know, I grew up 2 streets from them in my home town. I went to school from K - 12 with all of them.

Your assumption is false, and based upon a racial stereotype that should not be propagated here.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Do you think It is also rooted in racial hatred to mention and to state that two Italian girls were both raped and kiled by African migrants in Italy?

Is it racist to say that?

Non-sequitur... totally orthogonal to this topic.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Yes, yes they do. People of all colors and creeds live in ghettos. I know, I grew up 2 streets from them in my home town. I went to school from K - 12 with all of them.

The last time i checked the majority of white people don't live in the hoods, unless their area had a very large population of Africans then that would explain.

Your assumption is false, and based upon a racial stereotype that should not be propagated here.

Something i have a right and that's freedom of speech i wouldn't be surprised if your a lefty.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join