It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sensative Special Snowflakes Cry Foul and "Fat Shaming" at Campus Event

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Kind of story that makes you want to pray for rain and tidal waves.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

The fatties would float.

heehee

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

To top it of, the ASUDC caved immediately to these few special snowflakes:

What did you expect? In the back of all our minds, we see this and think, "Yeah, of course they did". I read a comment in another thread saying that this type of behavior is just the "extremists" taking it too far. That this is not the true stance of most Liberals.
Well, after seeing this behavior become much more common, not just on college campuses, but in every day life, I'd say it is typical, over the top reactions to "hurt" feelings and the need for attention by [ and just to be perfectly honest ] dumbass people who can turn the most innocent comment or action, in to a racial slur. With them always being the victim of course.
I honestly just can't wait till these students graduate and have to get a job. Till they get a quick stfu to their little foot stomping tirades and maybe, if we're lucky, a swift kick in the ass to jar their brains.

It's wishful thinking, but treating vacuous complaints like this with mediation involving real-life repercussions and a little common sense would go a long way in preparing students for life in the real world. In a world where so many are offended by the littlest of things, faux outrage like the above takes away from valid protestation of true wrong doings. Like a previous poster postulated:

Imagine if, heaven forbid, we ever had to do something like hit the beaches of Normandy or Iwo Jima again?

Uh, not with these sensitive young-ins'.
edit on 7662016452016-03-24T12:23:45-05:0020164pm451223 by Boscowashisnamo because: none given.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Ill take all the educated snowflakes, over keyboard warriors anyday.

Enjoy crying over fake outrage, really proves a point lol.

You have harmed me with your post.

SOMEONE! I need a hug!

Yes the good old damn those cry babies, but end up doing the same, so much fail in these daily threads.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Do people realize the movie 'PCU' was intended to be a satirical comedy, not a blueprint for the future?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Heres your 'boy' Scott Tsuchitani

Color me surprised the beta liberals are taking his side of things.
edit on 24-3-2016 by sjake111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Oh if only kids were all born conservatives like the conservatives of ATS like these happy clappers full of freedom and liberty. Standing up tall for freedoms call. You love these free thinkers.
Yeah I blame the parents too
edit on 24-3-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
So role playing you are a sumo wrestler is anti Japanese and not a tribune to the Japanese culture?

Do they realize that Sumo wrestlers are athletes and that being a sumo wrestler requires skill and training?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

The fatties would float.

heehee

You've hurt my husky feelings! I'm starting a gofundme account to pay for people who suffer from SSS today. I might even get Sally Struthers from Trey & Matt to do some adds...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: sjake111

Color me surprrised right wing nuts complaining about people complaining.
edit on 24-3-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Get a gym membership and stop stuffing you faces if you feel so god damn sensitive about being a blob of a human, you know screw it super size it, I don't want you guys to have to live any longer than you have to, please dig your graves by the time your 50. If you can't take the iniative to help yourself, # it, just keep your rolls off my side of the seat.

I am not here to save you or change your mind, instead I am here to cheer on your death, WOOOO, you sexy! SO BRAVE!

What can I do to speed up your transition?
edit on 24-3-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Do people realize the movie 'PCU' was intended to be a satirical comedy, not a blueprint for the future?

Looking back 30-40 years ago, who would have predicted a sub-set of our youth would espouse SSS? Going back another 35 years, we would be speaking German by now. Going back yet another 50 years, these sensitive utes(A Ute? What's a Ute?--Fred Gwynn) wouldn't have survived. Now that's Darwinism.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: sjake111

Color me surprrised right wing nuts complaining about people complaining.

That's what I am saying.

It's amazing how all these special snowflakes have the audacity to complain about special snowflakes, when we see the same butt-hurt, PC mentality displayed in their threads and posts on this forum.

"Where have all the cowboys gone?"

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Man I hear ya. I feel the same way about colored people and gay people. Here's to ya!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

We're not so much complaining about the complainers as we're complaining about the pandering imbeciles who are coddling them while demanding that we all coddle them, too.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

That's your right to feel that way, but nobody is going to coddle you over it.
edit on 24-3-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

link   

Ah, the error lies with the University this time. In my opinion, it's helpful when students (or anyone) whines and cries because they don't like what someone else is doing or saying - AS LONG AS they find the results of their whining and crying to be fruitless - either by being completely ignored, or by being ridiculed.

They referred to it as an "egregious oversight" - really?! They should have said, (at most) - "We apologize that some people were offended at what most people believed was completely harmless, with no ill will intended. We will do our best, in the future, to attempt to not offend students suffering from hyper-sensitive emotional responses."

Seriously...most of the time when I read the word "snowflake" it is written by (or about) a person/organization being completely oversensitive and "offended" by the "snowflake" expressing their opinion. In those cases, I feel like the person offended by the "snowflake" they're referring to is actually more of a hyper-sensitive crybaby than the "snowflake."

In THIS case, however, as you stated, the University caved to the ridiculousness instead of making it a lesson in real life. That lesson: You can be offended by whatever you want, you can say whatever you want - but nobody is required to give a damn.

link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo

The fatties would float.

heehee

You've hurt my husky feelings! I'm starting a gofundme account to pay for people who suffer from SSS today. I might even get Sally Struthers from Trey & Matt to do some adds...

I'm sorry.

Have a snickers.

You always get snowflakey when you're hungry.

Better?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: introvert

We're not so much complaining about the complainers as we're complaining about the pandering imbeciles who are coddling them while demanding that we all coddle them, too.

So you are just another complainer in a long list of complainers.

This story is stupid and a waste of time. I see very little difference between the knee-jerk outragers and these dumbass kids.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Ah, the error lies with the University this time. In my opinion, it's helpful when students (or anyone) whines and cries because they don't like what someone else is doing or saying - AS LONG AS they find the results of their whining and crying to be fruitless - either by being completely ignored, or by being ridiculed.

EXACTLY! You, my friend, possess perspective.

The real problem is that a minority of social justice idiots are slowly manipulating society away from common sense and a historical eagerness to point at someone whining and say "Hey, you! STFU and grow a pair of balls."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join