It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sensative Special Snowflakes Cry Foul and "Fat Shaming" at Campus Event

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
There has been a rash of these stories on ATS lately, and quite frankly, worries me as the people involved in incidents like this one will one day have to operate in the real world. In the enclosed, protected world many college students find themselves in allows vapid charges like the following, and the fact that the governing body would cave in to such sensitivity promulgates the silliness.

The Associated Students of the University of California-Davis(ASUCD) planned and facilitated a block party for students. One of the event planned was Sumo matches, where contestants don "fat suits" and attempt to knock each other down. Then came the complaints:

“My overall impression is that this conversation is in itself an expression of white-supremacist anti-Asian structural racism,” student Scott Tsuchitani told The California Aggie. “Asian Americans are treated as mute, hapless victims, devoid of agency, a.k.a. the ‘model minority’ stereotype. That is what is being re-inscribed by this conversation.

Another student, Phil Jones, was shocked at ASUCD’s insensitivity towards overweight students on campus, even demanding financial reimbursement for the emotional distress.

Are you kidding me? Reparations for fake Sumo wrestling? I would think focusing on an education and societal integration would be paramount for many recently kicked out of the nest chick-lings, not whining about fake racism and "fat shaming". There are real incidents of racism and shaming in our Nation, and this ain't it.

To top it of, the ASUDC caved immediately to these few special snowflakes:

ASUCD immediately apologize “for any harm” the Sumo Suits may have caused but some students still were not completely satisfied. “We’d like to apologize for any harm the ‘Sumo Suit’ may have caused you all. This lapse in judgement is completely ASUCD’s fault and responsibility alone,” ASUCD wrote in a statement to the UC Davis campus. “This was an egregious oversight and it will hopefully not happen in the future.”

Jesus wept. That's right, reinforce the concept of frivolous declarations of protest by these "participant award" students, instead of treating their mock outrage for what it is: Special Snowflake Syndrome(SSS). It's a debilitating mindset where everything they don't like is racist or being a hater, and authorities should stumble over themselves to accommodate those who suffer from SSS.

Someday soon these young people will make their way out into a harsh, insensitive world that on average doesn't cave in to petty complaining or vacuous claims. I don't hold much hope the SSSers will make it.
campusreform.org...
reason.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Okay, I'm having a hard time believing this stuff anymore. Seriously. I bit at some of the other posts, such as the one with students "being scared" at pro-Trump chalk graffiti, but I honestly this is so over the edge as to be satire.

I don't think it's real. There is no way young people today can be that overly-sensitive.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

This mindset is becoming epidemic.

I honestly fear that there won't be enough safe places for these snowflakes.

It's this mindset that will be in media, politics and policy decisions as well as corporate hierarchies.

Now I need a safe place. I'm scared.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchAngel_X
Okay, I'm having a hard time believing this stuff anymore. Seriously. I bit at some of the other posts, such as the one with students "being scared" at pro-Trump chalk graffiti, but I honestly this is so over the edge as to be satire.

I don't think it's real. There is no way young people today can be that overly-sensitive.

It is difficult to believe the many stories about incidents and kids like these, and it promotes a victim mentality and unwillingness to deal with accepted reality. What fries by butt is there are real, deadly examples and fallout of racism and bullying in the world, but people like this take it to an absurd realm. What do you expect from a bastion of progressive virtues like Cal-Davis?

It's real, and coming to a university near you soon...

edit on 7442016442016-03-24T11:51:44-05:0020164am441151 by Boscowashisnamo because: none given.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchAngel_X

I don't know. You might be surprised.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I feel sorry for these kids. I think there will be about a 10 year window on kids who just cannot handle the world as it is and will spend their lives trying to shape it to their image.

Luckily there is already a swell of young people who want to get as far away from this PC non-sense as they can that will be coming up after them.

In the grand scheme it's like watching the waves come in on a beach. Every now and then one comes in with some sea junk on it and leaves it on the shore. It's there for awhile and it's ugly, but eventually the other waves wash it away.
We just need to wait for this stained generation to wash away.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Now I need a safe place. I'm scared.

Who do you sue for that?

Ill get in on the class action.

Eta: not sure if this is real. The only links are to a FB page.
edit on 24-3-2016 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I feel it necessary to point out that "Special Snowflakes" isn't an apt enough term in these cases, as it implies some sense of individualism, not to mention snow is awesome. The collectivism, the conformity, and turbidness points to this being a form of insipid sludge.
edit on 24-3-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

What fries by butt is there are real, deadly examples and fallout of racism and bullying in the world, but people like this take it to an absurd realm. What do you expect from a bastion of progressive virtues like Cal-Davis?

Yeah, it's really a travesty because it takes away from real occurrences of racism and bullying.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Ill take all the educated snowflakes, over keyboard warriors anyday.

Enjoy crying over fake outrage, really proves a point lol.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Imagine if, heaven forbid, we ever had to do something like hit the beaches of Normandy or Iwo Jima again?

70 years ago those 'kids' were the same age.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

You have harmed me with your post.

SOMEONE! I need a hug!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I feel it necessary to point out that "Special Snowflakes" isn't an apt enough term in these cases, as it implies some sense of individualism, not to mention snow is awesome. The collectivism, the conformity, and turbidness points to this being a form of insipid sludge.

It's Group Think. Free thinking is discouraged. If you question the collective narrative, you're just as guilty as the accused. Conform!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Crying? I'm laughing myself silly at these special people. You are correct, though. Most of these snowflakes tend to stay within academia and advanced degrees to stay in that environment, as the real world the rest of us live in to too scary and common sense for them to acclimate into.

edit on 7492016482016-03-24T11:59:48-05:0020164am481159 by Boscowashisnamo because: no reason given.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

To top it of, the ASUDC caved immediately to these few special snowflakes:

What did you expect? In the back of all our minds, we see this and think, "Yeah, of course they did". I read a comment in another thread saying that this type of behavior is just the "extremists" taking it too far. That this is not the true stance of most Liberals.
Well, after seeing this behavior become much more common, not just on college campuses, but in every day life, I'd say it is typical, over the top reactions to "hurt" feelings and the need for attention by [ and just to be perfectly honest ] dumbass people who can turn the most innocent comment or action, in to a racial slur. With them always being the victim of course.
I honestly just can't wait till these students graduate and have to get a job. Till they get a quick stfu to their little foot stomping tirades and maybe, if we're lucky, a swift kick in the ass to jar their brains.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm offended because they have no backbone, or sense of reality.

I demand they be given over to a Marine drill-sargent pre 1960's era for emotional reconditioning!

----------

You could turn that into a new reality tv show, tho unfortunately, most of the language would have to be censored out on mainstream channels, I'm sure HBO could air it tho. The only contestants allowed to go on the show are university students like those from the OPs article.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Enjoy crying over fake outrage

hy·poc·ri·sy
həˈpäkrəsē/
noun
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform;

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I think they should have a candle-light vigil.

At an all-you-can-eat buffet.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So long as youre not allowed to beat the # out of these losers it will keep on going..This violence isn the answer stuff is a conspiracy created by these special snowflakes who had no chance at winning the fight in the first place..Now we get to listen to their repressed beta male bs all the time..ATS is much the same way, a safe space which appeases and gives voice to the bottom feeders of our society.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Trust me, it's real.
My sister has worked at a major university for many years. There are staff members and even some profs taking early retirements to escape this insanity.

One example:
A couple students became gravely offended when they saw that some of the university's maintenance people
owned test equiment that was made in Israel. They actually claimed it was "an aggression toward Islamic students."
I'm not joking.
edit on 24-3-2016 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join