It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Measles Cases Triple in U.S., Vaccine Refusal Here and Elsewhere to Blame

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Remember that even though Wakefield was struck off, the editor of the Lancet said that his science still stands, he wasn't struck off for his results, many people don't know that.

anh-europe.org...

Nevertheless, in the GMC hearing (last year) Horton asserted that the science of the paper “still stands”, and that he “wished, wished, wished” that the clock could be turned back and the paper be considered again in the light in which it was first presented.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
All your questions on MMR/Measles answered here, don't allow the the mainstream media or random over-enthusiastic posters to disinform you on this important topic

anh-europe.org...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by rickymouse

The vaccine contains live virus and sometimes a very very mild case of the disease occurs after the vaccine. My youngest got the rash after the rubella vaccine. He did not have a full blown case of rubella. And I would never consider not vaccinating. Never. I love my children.
edit on 9-12-2013 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

You're lucky your childs immune system didn't react properly to the vaccine, if his immune system was strong, he could have experienced a major crippling event. Most times it is the bodies reaction to the microbes or their mycotoxins that kills people. If the body has adequate squalene levels in it than the specialized immune cells that instruct the killer cells will cause the destruction to occur rapidly upon contact. I don't remember the numbers of those cells, something like cd4 for the instructors and the cd8 for the killer cells. Aids kills off or disables the ability of the cd4 cells one to work properly. Squalene is not only found in shark fins, it is found in some veggies and our bodies can make it when needed. It helps to form the memory of the cd4 cells. It is also found in many meats, with higher concentrations found in the liver. Onions help to absorb this I think. Certain sulfur compounds are necessary.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Completely accurate, strong immune systems are at more risk from vaccines, as they create antibodies to parts of the vaccine which are not desirable, i.e antibodies to substances which are naturally occuring in your own body, yes you guessed it, that means lifelong autoimmune disease such as Diabetes Type 1

rickymouse

AutumnWitch657

The vaccine contains live virus and sometimes a very very mild case of the disease occurs after the vaccine. My youngest got the rash after the rubella vaccine. He did not have a full blown case of rubella. And I would never consider not vaccinating. Never. I love my children.

You're lucky your childs immune system didn't react properly to the vaccine, if his immune system was strong, he could have experienced a major crippling event. Most times it is the bodies reaction to the microbes or their mycotoxins that kills people. If the body has adequate squalene levels in it than the specialized immune cells that instruct the killer cells will cause the destruction to occur rapidly upon contact. I don't remember the numbers of those cells, something like cd4 for the instructors and the cd8 for the killer cells. Aids kills off or disables the ability of the cd4 cells one to work properly. Squalene is not only found in shark fins, it is found in some veggies and our bodies can make it when needed. It helps to form the memory of the cd4 cells. It is also found in many meats, with higher concentrations found in the liver. Onions help to absorb this I think. Certain sulfur compounds are necessary.

edit on 9-12-2013 by hiddencode because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

They do kill some people, and injure more. To say they dont is a lie.
It becomes a matter of balance of odds. And the "greater good". It also involves people doing their own research to weigh up the odds for themselves so they can make an informed choice, without having to ignorantly rely on the opinion of a so called "expert". Absorb all the information possible and make a free choice. Nothing more, nothing less.

174 people contracting measles in a country of 317,208,000 people is less than a one in a million chance of contracting the disease, then there is the 1/1500 to 1/5000 chance of death from the disease.
Im not a gambling man, but basic maths tells me that to fear 174 incidents of measles with those odds, and the "fear mongering" is TOTALLY UNJUSTIFIED.

Tell me Im wrong.
edit on 201312America/Chicago12am12amMon

No, the rate of mortality from measles is about 1/300 for children

I actually dug up the stats from outbreaks and even provided one otbreak's death and hospitalisation rates to prove it to you on a previous occassion. One of the few reputable drs considering vaccine as as a link to autism had the the same rate (0.3%) in his published paper.

I know damn well you've seen the stats (on our other discussion) you know damn well the mortality rate isn't one in thousands. So you are knowingly passing on misinformation (AKA a big old lie) or you can't do math, or you are so crazed that information that contradicts you is ignored.

And the reason the odds of catching measles are so low in the first place is... VACCINATION. It is a near 100% infection rate in unvaccinated groups.

Anyone who wants to know just how nasty measles is look up what happened to the Jarawa people in the Andaman islands. About a 90% mortality rate.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

boymonkey74
Happened here in the UK..until a couple of children died then all the parents were queuing up to get them vaccinated.
Scary that because of fear mongering people are not getting their kids vaccinated like we were when we was kids.
Whats next polio returning?
edit on 8-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Not all of us, sorry but there is no way i'm filling my child up with the c**p they put in the vaccine. Although i do love the scare stories that are rattled out everytime. take the Wales outbreak i'm sure you're refering to, the one person that died was in their 20's, and had just been released from a lengthy hospital stay, immune system compromised much ? They really never did give any more info than that.

I was also never vaccinated as a kid, my parents had issues, funny i'm very rarely ill and even if i am i'm still able to function. Likewise, my child is also NOT vaccinated and has one of the best if not the best attendance rates at his school .

Oh, btw Boymonkey, go look up Muscular dystrophy (same symptoms as Polio) also may be worth doing some research on vaccine caused polio as opposed to in the wild polio cases, guess which is the higher ?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

And the odds of a really severe reaction to a jab is one in hundreds of thousands.

Didn't you post a near identical response to some man on another topic who said his kid was fine? Well, mine were fine too, as were all the school kids I know and the kids of all my relatives. In fact I don't know anyone who got more than a mild fever after a jab, so I'd have to say her kids reaction was completely normal, not lucky.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hiddencode

All your questions on MMR/Measles answered here, don't allow the the mainstream media or random over-enthusiastic posters to disinform you on this important topic

anh-europe.org...

Yeah lets all turn off our basic comprehension abilities and just believe whatever some anti vax site says without looking at the facts it won't acknowledge and doesn't want you to to know.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

Although i do love the scare stories that are rattled out everytime. take the Wales outbreak i'm sure you're refering to, the one person that died was in their 20's, and had just been released from a lengthy hospital stay, immune system compromised much ? They really never did give any more info than that.

The mortality for measles is typically 1/300 for young kids. Sometimes higher somethimes lower, typically a 15% hospitalisation rate. We've been very lucky with this outbreak, the number of deaths is normally way higher, and I have doucmented outbreaks from America, Netherlands and Ireland to prove it. Ask and I'll post it again here. The Philidelphia out break was tragically high for mortality due to parents not seeking medical help.

Measles and Faith Combine In 5 Deaths in Philadelphia
By TAMAR LEWIN, Special to The New York Times
Published: February 16, 1991

Five children have died in a measles outbreak here in the last 10 days, all of them from families that belong to two fundamentalist churches that preach a reliance on prayer, not medical care, to cure disease.

The churches, the Faith Tabernacle Congregation and the First Century Gospel Church, each run their own schools, which together have about 350 students who have never been inoculated against measles or other diseases.

Since the death of 9-year-old Caryn Still on Feb. 7 health officials say they have uncovered 134 cases of measles among the 201 students who attend the Faith Tabernacle school, which is on a run-down block of North Philadelphia. The school closed voluntarily last week.

Health workers are now going to the homes of all students in a frantic effort to monitor their conditions to prevent further deaths. Officials say they are prepared to seek court orders to force the families to accept medical care if the children are in serious condition

If I remember right a sixth died later.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

OneManArmy

Pardon?

OneManArmy

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by watchitburn

Vaccines are not killing us. This is the mentality that spreads fear and disease. Exactly as this story shows.

It becomes a matter of balance of odds. And the "greater good". It also involves people doing their own research to weigh up the odds for themselves so they can make an informed choice, without having to ignorantly rely on the opinion of a so called "expert". Absorb all the information possible and make a free choice. Nothing more, nothing less.

174 people contracting measles in a country of 317,208,000 people is less than a one in 4 million chance of contracting the disease, then there is the 1/1500 to 1/5000 chance of death from the disease.
Im not a gambling man, but basic maths tells me that to fear 174 incidents of measles with those odds, and the "fear mongering" is TOTALLY UNJUSTIFIED.

Tell me Im wrong.

You're wrong.

Why do you think that figure's so low? Natural immunity?
Have a look at the incidence rates pre-vaccine.
See if the figures are the same as now.

As we are talking about the dangers of the disease, lets look at mortality regardless of incidence...

Source - HPA UK

Notice that before vaccination even started, that the danger of death was massively reduced, due to better sanitation, healthcare, hygiene and diets.
But you already know this, Ive shown you twice before.
Denial it would seem isnt just a river in Egypt.

Once again, vaccination doesnt guarantee immunity.

edit on 201312America/Chicago12am12amMon, 09 Dec 2013 09:19:04 -06001213 by OneManArmy because: fixed image

Hold on a minute.
How many times have I agreed about the mortality rates?
Every time I believe.
You were talking earlier about some people dying and people being harmed by vaccines (although not actually providing proof to back this up.

Looking at that graph, you have no other option to agree that incidence was influenced and greatly reduced by the introduction of vaccines.
It's there in black & white, you posted it right?

So, what are the complications of measles?
Mild ones such as fever, diarrhoea (although in neonates this can be very dangerous), eye infections and throat infections.
These are the most common ones.

Serious ones such as meningitis, pneumonia, hepatitis, thrombocytopenia, bronchitis & croup and encephalitis.
These are likely to result in a significant hospital stay and some can lead to life-long problems.
Kids can also develop a permanent squint.
These are "less" common than the above but not in the rare category.

Rare problems are optic nerve damage leading to blindness, cardio-respiratory problems and subacute sclerosing panencephalitis.

These complications aren't listed on the graph you posted but they are directly proportional to the incidence and irrespective of health or diet more prevalent (with the exception of SSEP) in the under 5's.

Here's a table of complications in the US
Complication Rates from Measles

Have a long read of the paper it came from .
Complication Rates from Measles

You have a 1 in 3.4 chance of any complication as listed in the table.
You have a 1 in 5 chance of being hospitalised.

So no, mortality isn't the be-all and end-all of whether measles is bad.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

OneManArmy

Pardon?

OneManArmy

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by watchitburn

Vaccines are not killing us. This is the mentality that spreads fear and disease. Exactly as this story shows.

174 people contracting measles in a country of 317,208,000 people is less than a one in 4 million chance of contracting the disease, then there is the 1/1500 to 1/5000 chance of death from the disease.

Tell me Im wrong.

You're wrong.

Why do you think that figure's so low? Natural immunity?
Have a look at the incidence rates pre-vaccine.
See if the figures are the same as now.

As we are talking about the dangers of the disease, lets look at mortality regardless of incidence...

Source - HPA UK

Notice that before vaccination even started, that the danger of death was massively reduced, due to better sanitation, healthcare, hygiene and diets.
But you already know this, Ive shown you twice before.
Denial it would seem isnt just a river in Egypt.

Once again, vaccination doesnt guarantee immunity.

edit on 201312America/Chicago12am12amMon, 09 Dec 2013 09:19:04 -06001213 by OneManArmy because: fixed image

So.. There were about 100 deaths/year before the vaccination and now this number is near-zero?

Well, that sounds like a win for vaccination, right?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

rickymouse

AutumnWitch657

You don't know anything about his child's immune system so how can you even comment?

There's no such thing as a "strong" immune system.
It's either normal (balanced) or weakened (compromised). If it becomes "stronger" (a more accurate term is over-active) then you will have an auto-immune disease.
www.health.harvard.edu...
Read the article, not just the title...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by hiddencode

Since squalenes are critical to the formation of the memory of immune cells, it seems strange to want to suppress them. Here is an article that addresses how they are trying to weaken us by lowering cholesterol. This should be listed in a cholesterol thread I suppose but I am a little tied up in my studies today. www.cholesterol-and-health.com... We don't need to subsidize this if we just don't block it's usability in the body. It almost seems that the medical and pharmaceutical industries are trying to weaken us to expand their business.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

OptimusSubprime
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Here is a list of the side effects of the MMR vaccine.... ......... autism, immune system disorders, and death

I'll take my chances, and so will my kids

WHOA there. can't have something that specific coming from a drug company label. yet we're the freaks for saying vaccines cause Autism, and there it is, right on the label.

I'll pass too.
edit on 9-12-2013 by ninepointfive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Also have you seen what the side effects of statins are? scary reading but they keep people alive.
I would love for them to have no side effects at all, but at the moment we just don't have the tech to make them.

You are correct, however if my step father hadn't stopped taking statins like i asked him to he would be dead by now, fact.

in fact, after i went through his medication list, checking them on line, i asked him to stop taking 2 others he was taking at the same time. ALL of his symptoms he was taking multiple drugs for went away after about 3 days. I will say though, his doctor wasn't too pleased when he went back after a month and said he was no longer having the issues and felt much better. His doctors decision was to re-give him the same prescriptions as previous and then come back after a month, 2 days in my stepdad had ALL the same issues back again, luckily enough he was sufficiently aware to realise that it was the drugs.

He changed his doctor and hasn't needed to use any of the 'drugs' that were keeping him alive

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

ninepointfive

OptimusSubprime
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Here is a list of the side effects of the MMR vaccine....

......... autism, immune system disorders, and death

I'll take my chances, and so will my kids

WHOA there. can't have something that specific coming from a drug company label. yet we're the freaks for saying vaccines cause Autism, and there it is, right on the label.

I'll pass too.

They're not side effects at all.
They are adverse reports from VAERS which does not suggest that MMR (or any vaccine for that matter) has actually caused them

There's a famous entry in VAERS about a girl who received the HPV vaccine dying a few days later.
She died in a car crash....

Here's an actual copy of the insert.
www.merck.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Antigod

It's your kids, it is your own responsibility to do what you feel is right. Most people can tolerate the MMR vaccine with no problems. Only two to three in a hundred have reactions from what I have read and they aren't that bad, that is allowable I assume. Your extravagant overstatement of the safety is not true, read some actual medical research articles on the numbers. Most people assume it is safe for almost everyone when in fact it is not. My 2-3 percent may be a little low, but I do not want to overstate the bad in this. It could be a little higher.

Just because you get the MMR shot does not mean that you will get immunity either. Sometimes they do not work on people for some reason, maybe two of the three work at times. Unless your child is tested to see if the shots gave them immunity, you cannot be certain it worked. Not many know this, I only know it because my daughter had to get revaccinated for a job because she didn't have an adequate Mumps, I think, resistance. She studied this intensly and had the testing done before getting the shot, she did not want to get the side effects that many people get from having the resistance then taking the shot if she did not need it. No use missing work because you are sick.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Antigod

And the odds of a really severe reaction to a jab is one in hundreds of thousands.

If only that were true, just because they don't track doesn't mean that thousands of people are not being left permanently harmed each day. Even just for the DPT vaccine 14 out of 100 are left with Asthma

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

FFS4000

boymonkey74
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Also have you seen what the side effects of statins are? scary reading but they keep people alive.
I would love for them to have no side effects at all, but at the moment we just don't have the tech to make them.

You are correct, however if my step father hadn't stopped taking statins like i asked him to he would be dead by now, fact.

in fact, after i went through his medication list, checking them on line, i asked him to stop taking 2 others he was taking at the same time. ALL of his symptoms he was taking multiple drugs for went away after about 3 days. I will say though, his doctor wasn't too pleased when he went back after a month and said he was no longer having the issues and felt much better. His doctors decision was to re-give him the same prescriptions as previous and then come back after a month, 2 days in my stepdad had ALL the same issues back again, luckily enough he was sufficiently aware to realise that it was the drugs.

He changed his doctor and hasn't needed to use any of the 'drugs' that were keeping him alive

My best friend from school had lymphoma and needed a bone marrow transplant, at one point he was on 47 pills in the morning and 47 in the evening, many were to counteract side effects from others.
My friend thinks they fried his brain, he has to write everything down to remember now.
But on the bright side, he is still alive, and only takes antibiotics now.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
VAERS is vaccine damage reporting, but it only picks up on 5% of the overall harm, it's not even the tip of the iceberg.

There is no real safety testing on vaccines, I'd recommend doing some research

Pardon?
They're not side effects at all.
They are adverse reports from VAERS which does not suggest that MMR (or any vaccine for that matter) has actually caused them

There's a famous entry in VAERS about a girl who received the HPV vaccine dying a few days later.
She died in a car crash....

Here's an actual copy of the insert.
www.merck.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join