It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nelson Mandela has died

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

And you are failing to address what I said. He regretted his past. He made a better future. Are you denying that?

I'm not denying that but I'm saying that he shouldn't be forgiven for it.

There are lots of dead innocent people who lost everything because of his actions. To remark that this was some sort of great man is disgusting.

My God, he thought Castro, Gadhafi, and Arafat were great people who he admired.

Seriously, do some research before praising this man.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Spookybelle

AngryCymraeg

Spookybelle

chiefsmom
How sad.
To lose one of the few great men left in this world.

On to a better place.

He was a communist terrorist. How can you guys think he was a great man?

His ANC were responsible for hundreds of killings.

(Facepalm)
Because he stopped a civil war. Because he prevented a backlash against the Boers. Because he kept a nation together and moving forwards. Because he gave people hope instead of despair. Because he forgave the scum who used to run his country. Will that do? Or do you have some more ignorant comments to throw against the wall in the vain hope that they'll stick?

You have absolutely no idea what your talking about.

He was leading the MK, the militant aspect of the ANC and conducted bombings against such civilian targets such as railway stations and post offices killing many innocent people, including black women and children, who had nothing to do with the government.

There was more black on black violence during apartheid than white on black violence and this was led by Mandela even after he was sentenced to prison.

Here's some of the charges which he never disputed.

(a) the preparation, manufacture and use of explosives—for the purpose of committing acts of violence and destruction in the aforesaid Republic, (the preparation and manufacture of explosives, according to evidence submitted, included 210,000 hand grenades, 48,000 anti-personnel mines, 1,500 time devices, 144 tons of ammonium nitrate, 21.6 tons of aluminum powder and a ton of black powder);

(ii) Further acts of violence and destruction, (this includes 193 counts of terrorism committed between 1961 and 1963);

plaintruthmagazine.blogspot.com...

I suppose you also support al-Qaeda and believe the people on 9/11 deserved to die don't you?

History is always written by the victors......

Actually Nelson Mandella WAS a Terrorist back in the day when South Africa was a Split Country......
He committed crimes which would be unthinkable in a civilised society and yet he is now celebrated by the worlds media and leaders because they feel it necessary to do so for their OWN reputations....

RIP Nelson Mandela as you DID change the world...

Regards

PDUK

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well the guy was a terrorist, so I don't know what all the slobbering is about. You got every imbecile in an empty suit on cable slurping on his behind like he was some kind of god. The guy blew up trains full of innocent people for gods sake. Where was hero Mandala when all the rape and slaughter was going on in Rwanda? Probably having lunch with Bill Clinton. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I have to say I find the blind ignorance of the general public as shown on various social media regarding the truth about Mandela a tad bleh, one could say.

Sycophantic ramblings by those keen on looking 'cool' or 'peace loving' (and some of those that blahed so sickeningly, I know personally to be far less than peace loving), about a man who's exploits prior to being held up as an icon were less than peaceful.

I am all for non racism, non slavery etc as a true peace loving being, but the machinations of politics and media that placed a terrorist into some sort of 'saint spotlight' just served as another blinkering of the masses from the reality and truth.

So those bleating faux heartfelt rants about ''would be an honour to walk in the light of'' ''my life's inspiration'' etc should do some research and stop believing media made characters with dark political pasts that have been largely kept hidden.

If you want real peace and inspiration get off your asses and do something about the sham that is politics and media feeding global corruption and a variation of capitalism that does nothing but put all but the elite in the slavery bracket.

Free yourselves in the true sense of the word.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Well said.

I just came on here to say something similar before I got angry at a whole load of people on facebook etc.

Safer to rant on here!

At least there are others actually partial to the TRUTH!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

They keep the atrocities out of the history books and media. A young American will tell you all about Darfur, but never heard the term "Boer Genocide". They know all about WWII and the Holocaust, but have NO idea of how the soviets left nearly 100 million dead by the time they were done. They like their trendy Che t-shirts but don't know that he took great delight in mowing people down.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

n00bUK

I'm sure Obama thinks that he looks just like him.. !

Edit to add: He was a great man (Mandela) and will be missed.

Nelson Mandela’s Most Inspiring Quotes

edit on 5-12-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

I know 'they' do.

The idiots bleating about Mandela probably have pictures of Vlad the Impaler and Nicolae Ceauşescu in heart shaped frames on their mantelpiece. Ugh!

A virtual cattle prod for misled idiots wouldn't go amiss.

Waken up World!

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

As our American revolutionaries were brutal, murderous traitors to the British and continued the holocaust on the Native Americans. They used guerilla and terrorist tactics, they slaughtered innocents... the path to liberty is laid in blood. Something beautiful and wonderful often happens simultaneously with something horrific often by the same people too focused on victory to see their own atrocity.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I've read that Mother Teresa wasn't the nicest person either, and that Gandhi was a racist, but hey

"Every sinner has a future, and every saint, a past."
~ Oscar Wilde

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Without Mandela the transition of SA from a Nazi style racist state,to the one it currently is, would have had a lot more blood spilled, quite possibly resembling Zimbabwe a lot more.

Nelson Mandela RIP

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
why does nelson mandela die so often

nelson mandela has died at least 5-10 times

i liked his first funeral in the 80's

how many times is he expected to pass away next year
some card company should make a card

so nelson mandela has passed away again maybe you should get something nice for your father
was thinking of you at the yearly passing of mandela

i think nelson mandela should get his own religion
jesus only died once and he got one

mandels has died at least 5 times and will die again

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Speaking of his former passings, who recalls his death while in prison in '89?
Some do, and vividly.
The Mandela Effect - did Nelson Mandela die in prison?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

bobs_uruncle

They call it "Uhuru" or the night of the long knives.
Cheers - Dave

You are perpetuating a lie - Uhuru means 'Freedom' in Swahili.

According to North West University vice-chancellor Theuns Eloff the people spreading the rumour of Uhuru/ Night Of The Longs Knives "comprise perhaps 2% of the right wing community. But as the Boeremag and the pre-1994 election bombers showed, a small band of fanatics in the grip of apocalyptic fantasies can be very dangerous."

answers.yahoo.com...

Still hoping for a 'pig' emoticon for Christmas.....

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cuckooold

Without Mandela the transition of SA from a Nazi style racist state,to the one it currently is, would have had a lot more blood spilled, quite possibly resembling Zimbabwe a lot more.

Nelson Mandela RIP

Well said. Well said.

That is the most appropriate statement to make in light of folks venting their most inopportune feelings about him at this time.

He did more good than bad and the impact of his good was monumental in shaping South Africa as it is today.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Those of you saying he was not a great man, do you think the founding fathers were great men?

If so...why?

They did nothing to stop the slaughter Native people. They were racist..etc.

A THOUSAND LIES

All four valued white supremacy and promoted the extirpation of Indian society. The United States' founding fathers were staunchly anti-Indian advocates in that at one time or another, all four provided for genocide against Indian peoples of this hemisphere.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Spookybelle

chiefsmom
How sad.
To lose one of the few great men left in this world.

On to a better place.

He was a communist terrorist. How can you guys think he was a great man?

His ANC were responsible for hundreds of killings.

People keep saying he was a terrorist...would you not be if your country and people were being slaughtered by apartheid?

Was America not one time labeled terrorists and barbarians?

How many killings was apartheid responsible for? Oh, you don't care long as it was black people dying huh?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

bobs_uruncle

FlyersFan
His life was a hardship but also inspirational for many.
He's been sick a long while now. And he had to put up with his ex-wife and her antics.
He's earned his rest. He's in a better place.

Well, I guess if one was a murdering satanist cum marxist and general IMF/World Bank/UN TOOL, HELL might be a "better place." What did George Burns say, to paraphrase I think it was, "I don't want to go to heaven, it would be boring, all my friends are in hell."

People die. The government will be happy when I am dead (as long as they can intercept the evidence I hold). I'm glad madela's dead, didn't come soon enough. I am so ef'ing tired of this mass media promoted bizzarro world where wrong is right and terrorists are heroes, and an honest man is kicked in the teeth while the scam artists in government, stocks and international banking steal everything, even if it's nailed down.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 12/5.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

So was apartheid right? How many Africans died as a result of it?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Spookybelle

And you are failing to address what I said. He regretted his past. He made a better future. Are you denying that?

I'm not denying that but I'm saying that he shouldn't be forgiven for it.

There are lots of dead innocent people who lost everything because of his actions. To remark that this was some sort of great man is disgusting.

My God, he thought Castro, Gadhafi, and Arafat were great people who he admired.

Seriously, do some research before praising this man.

How did England view America while we were fighting for our freedom?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
Those of you saying he was not a great man, do you think the founding fathers were great men?

If so...why?

They did nothing to stop the slaughter Native people. They were racist..etc.

A THOUSAND LIES

All four valued white supremacy and promoted the extirpation of Indian society. The United States' founding fathers were staunchly anti-Indian advocates in that at one time or another, all four provided for genocide against Indian peoples of this hemisphere.

Well said and most will ignore this! It shows their subconscious racism. White man fighting for freedom are heroes, a black man and nation fighting for theirs are disgusting barbarians.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join