It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nelson Mandela has died

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthFazer

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Genuine lols.

It is a good thing to laugh in the face of misery. A dark moment that can push us all into a lower negative vibration.

I really want to share that on facebook, but the sad part is, a lot of people would actually get confused.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I have seen what the ANC do to people when they are "motivated" in their racist hate filled rage.

You lived there for 4 years... but i don't think you wish to share the other side of the story do you?

And judging from your fairly aggressive intolerant attitude to other members on this thread (AND ALSO ANOTHER THREAD TREATING THE SAME TOPIC) there is no point in trying to have a civilized conversation with you on this matter as you automatically call anyone that disagrees with you a clown!

However with all due respect to your own personal opinion, i would like to share a couple of things that i found too.

You talk about hate filled racists but didn't mention this :

With the enactment of apartheid laws in 1948, racial discrimination was institutionalized. Race laws touched every aspect of social life, including a prohibition of marriage between non-whites and whites, and the sanctioning of ``white-only'' jobs. In 1950, the Population Registration Act required that all South Africans be racially classified into one of three categories: white, black (African), or colored (of mixed decent). The coloured category included major subgroups of Indians and Asians.

Classification into these categories was based on appearance, social acceptance, and descent. For example, a white person was defined as ``in appearance obviously a white person or generally accepted as a white person.'' A person could not be considered white if one of his or her parents were non-white.

The determination that a person was ``obviously white'' would take into account ``his habits, education, and speech and deportment and demeanor.'' A black person would be of or accepted as a member of an African tribe or race, and a colored person is one that is not black or white.

The Department of Home Affairs (a government bureau) was responsible for the classification of the citizenry. Non-compliance with the race laws were dealt with harshly. All blacks were required to carry ``pass books'' containing fingerprints, photo and information on access to non-black areas.

The penalties imposed on political protest, even non-violent protest, were severe. During the states of emergency which continued intermittently until 1989, anyone could be detained without a hearing by a low-level police official for up to six months. Thousands of individuals died in custody, frequently after gruesome acts of torture. Those who were tried were sentenced to death, banished, or imprisoned for life, like Nelson Mandela.

More here : www-cs-students.stanford.edu...

And here : africanhistory.about.com...

And this :

The Geneva Conventions commit States to a policy of nondiscrimination in treating the sick and wounded, the shipwrecked and stranded, captured combatants and civilians under an occupation regime or caught up in conflict.

Apartheid has also been labeled a war crime in international conflicts under Additional Protocol I to the Geneva Conventions. Protocol I lists as grave breaches apartheid “and other inhuman and degrading practices involving outrages upon personal dignity, based on racial discrimination,” though these would only be grave breaches during international armed conflict.

The inclusion of apartheid as a grave breach stemmed from the international campaign to isolate South Africa and was opposed by several Western powers as not sufficiently connected to armed conflict.

The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) has noted that its presence on the list of grave breaches does not expand the scope of war crimes significantly as many of the worst practices of apartheid would qualify as war crimes if committed in armed conflict.

But some acts that were perhaps not criminal previously (though they were unlawful) clearly became such with apartheid’s inclusion—e.g., segregating prisoners of war or civilians by race.

More here : legal.un.org...

And here : www.crimesofwar.org...

Fair enough, black on black killings and terrorist activities were carried out... but how would you have reacted personally if you were a victim under an Apartheid regime?... would you just crawl into a ball and submit yourself or would you fight back?

I did quite a bit of research too about Apartheid and the majority of the information that seems to be found on internet comes from personal blogs by from what i can understand white South Afrikaaners...

There are 2 sides to each story.

R.I.P To Nelson Mandela

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 6-12-2013 by Rodinus because: Link added

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
and what about now? Black gangs moving through lands exterminating white land owners ... its even on sanitised BBC

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Most of us don't know these stories it's because ,or it looks like Msm doesn't show them to the world. .
But slavery can't be tolerated anymore you have to admit that everyone has the right to live equally in this world.
I know that's wishful thinking and will take millennia to archive.
I read some of your harsh statement ,but I can't judge of what you'd experienced over there and have seen all of that I can assume that hatred grows against the grotesques of humanity that have taken place in that time period,only have lead to more hatred.

It seems that the evilness that covers mankind
For ages never stop only if we could forgive the past and al the wrongdoings we may find peace but that I think will be a long way to go

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
One thing I will always remember about Mandela.
He took the decades in prison.
He took the hunger.
He took the thirst.
He took the beatings.
He took the man-rape.
He took the diseases.
He took the rats.
He took the confinement.
He took solitary.
He took it all like a "boss".
But after spending a little time with his wife...he folded like a bad poker hand...and for that alone, he's my hero.

-Peace-
edit on 6-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Sigh. Congratulations dear fellow members for once again showing us that ignorance and hypocrisy is far from dead. It is alive and well.

I am not even going to argue with the lack of insight and knowledge shown in this thread...
I'm just going to say that Nelson Mandela was a good guy, and I wish him a peaceful rest after a long and hard battle.

As an after-thought perhaps some of our members should listen once again to the words of the Jewish barber...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

Spookybelle

AngryCymraeg

Spookybelle

chiefsmom
How sad.
To lose one of the few great men left in this world.

On to a better place.

He was a communist terrorist. How can you guys think he was a great man?

His ANC were responsible for hundreds of killings.

(Facepalm)
Because he stopped a civil war. Because he prevented a backlash against the Boers. Because he kept a nation together and moving forwards. Because he gave people hope instead of despair. Because he forgave the scum who used to run his country. Will that do? Or do you have some more ignorant comments to throw against the wall in the vain hope that they'll stick?

You have absolutely no idea what your talking about.

He was leading the MK, the militant aspect of the ANC and conducted bombings against such civilian targets such as railway stations and post offices killing many innocent people, including black women and children, who had nothing to do with the government.

There was more black on black violence during apartheid than white on black violence and this was led by Mandela even after he was sentenced to prison.

Here's some of the charges which he never disputed.

(a) the preparation, manufacture and use of explosives—for the purpose of committing acts of violence and destruction in the aforesaid Republic, (the preparation and manufacture of explosives, according to evidence submitted, included 210,000 hand grenades, 48,000 anti-personnel mines, 1,500 time devices, 144 tons of ammonium nitrate, 21.6 tons of aluminum powder and a ton of black powder);

(ii) Further acts of violence and destruction, (this includes 193 counts of terrorism committed between 1961 and 1963);

plaintruthmagazine.blogspot.com...

I suppose you also support al-Qaeda and believe the people on 9/11 deserved to die don't you?

And you are failing to address what I said. He regretted his past. He made a better future. Are you denying that?

So if Bin Laden had of lived and regretted 911, would you be happy for him to be president? would you say he was a great man? Mandela was a convicted terrorist full stop.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
yes SA is a wonderful place, people are not fleeing because of being murdered . people are not being murdered everyday by paras. and farms are not being taken and reduced to flames. and my neighbourhood in NZ is not filling up with SA people escaping the genoside

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Gemwolf
Sigh. Congratulations dear fellow members for once again showing us that ignorance and hypocrisy is far from dead. It is alive and well.

I am not even going to argue with the lack of insight and knowledge shown in this thread...
I'm just going to say that Nelson Mandela was a good guy, and I wish him a peaceful rest after a long and hard battle.

As an after-thought perhaps some of our members should listen once again to the words of the Jewish barber...

Hear Hear Gem...

For those too ignorant to listen maybe they might take the time to read those words :

I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be an emperor. That’s not my business. I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible- Jew, Gentile, black men, white…

We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each others’ happiness, not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men’s souls; has barricaded the world with hate; has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical; our cleverness, hard and unkind.

We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery ,we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in man; cries out for universal brotherhood; for the unity of us all.

Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women, and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people.

To those who can hear me, I say “Do not despair.”

The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

Soldiers! Don’t give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you and enslave you; who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think and what to feel! Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder!

Don’t give yourselves to these unnatural men—machine men with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have a love of humanity in your hearts! You don’t hate!

Only the unloved hate; the unloved and the unnatural.

Soldiers! Don’t fight for slavery! Fight for liberty!

In the seventeenth chapter of St. Luke, it’s written “the kingdom of God is within man”, not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people, have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure. Then in the name of democracy, let us use that power.

Let us all unite.

Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give youth a future and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power. But they lie! They do not fulfill their promise. They never will!

Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people!

Now let us fight to fulfill that promise! Let us fight to free the world! To do away with national barriers! To do away with greed, with hate and intolerance!

Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men’s happiness.

Soldiers, in the name of democracy, let us all unite!

Hannah, can you hear me? Wherever you are, look up, Hannah. The clouds are lifting. The sun is breaking through. We are coming out of the darkness into the light. We are coming into a new world, a kindlier world, where men will rise above their hate, their greed and brutality.

Look up, Hannah. The soul of man has been given wings, and at last he is beginning to fly. He is flying into the rainbow — into the light of hope, into the future, the glorious future that belongs to you, to me and to all of us. Look up, Hannah. Look up.

HOPE

The words of the Jewish barber :

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 6-12-2013 by Rodinus because: Whoops forgot a phrase

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

vivid1975
reply to post by DarthFazer

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Genuine lols.

It is a good thing to laugh in the face of misery. A dark moment that can push us all into a lower negative vibration.

I really want to share that on facebook, but the sad part is, a lot of people would actually get confused.

There is already confusion, some have him confused with Dr J aka Julius Erving, some compliment his voice as Darth Vader "James Earl Jones"
edit on 6-12-2013 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Having grown up in various parts of Africa until the late 70's I don't think anyone can fairly comment unless they've been there and seen for themselves just how vicious it was and still is.

Mandela and his gang were terrorists full stop. Yes he managed to rid the world of apartheid which I never supported in the first place but believe me there are a hell of a lot of black africans that have said they were better off before their so called freedom. South Africa is now back to its tribal state with nepotism rife amongst positions of power. Gang culture and drug culture rule the streets worse than anything I've seen in the US. I actually saw my uncle's best friend necklaced, something I couldn't forget if I tried so yes I get a bit hacked off when everyone goes on about how SA is free and so much better off without the white people blah blah.

I'm sure all the years in prison mellowed Mandela and he seemed a pretty nice gent but he got what he wanted with violence and that is still continuing and now he's dead I fear for what on earth will happen.

As some may know I am a bit of an activist for the Afrikaaner particularly the farmers who keep SA alive and are being slaughtered at the rate of 30,000 a year leaving vast tracks of land uncultivated resulting in starvation throughout Africa. Genocide Watch have now put Afrikaaners on genocide level 6 which is pretty damn bad but never heard of on mainstream media. We have stepped back 50-100yrs where tribes rule and feuds are commonplace and extremely violent. Most white Europeans have left or gone to the Cape, the Afrikaaners have nowhere to go, they have lived there now over 300 yrs. Now there's no Mandela I really worry for what will happen to them with the blessing of SA's Government and Police.

I fear ver much a bloodbath scenario once again

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Peace and Paradise to him - RIP

peace

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Mod Removed Racist Dribble
edit on 12/6/2013 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

KanesLynch
Mod Removal

Thank you for your reasoned comments.

Do you live in " Red Neck" country by any chance? I think they call it the deep south.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

KanesLynch
Mod Removal

What a charmer you are ... looks like you missed the last pick-up for the ark sugar.

Repulsed. Woody )O(

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I'm a little torn by this.
the man was a terrorist, and although he obviously means a great deal to his country and people. I cant help but feel hypocritical if i mourn his death, it would be like mourning the death of Osama bin laden.
Someone terrorist is after all someone else freedom fighter.
How do you justify it in your head.
I mean blowing up a bus full of school children is an horrendous act, but it is acceptable because he suffered under aprtheid.
I dont know.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

WilsonWilson
I'm a little torn by this.
the man was a terrorist, and although he obviously means a great deal to his country and people. I cant help but feel hypocritical if i mourn his death, it would be like mourning the death of Osama bin laden.
Someone terrorist is after all someone else freedom fighter.
How do you justify it in your head.
I mean blowing up a bus full of school children is an horrendous act, but it is acceptable because he suffered under aprtheid.
I dont know.

In the eyes of The British, George Washington was a terrorist.

Live and let live i say.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by KanesLynch

Ah!

I believe someone does not want to reveal their true identity and has created an account just for this drivel?

I for one have reported you.

You do not deserve the respect of anyone here and are a very sick troll.

Rodinus

Never forget, Moderation staff here know your IP adress (remember when you first joined under your original member name?) and can find which other avatar (s) you are using

edit on 6-12-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

True, it's a very sad time for his people.
But i'm sure his victims families arent sad to see him go.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

WilsonWilson

Are you saying that Mandela blew up a bus full of school children?!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join