It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nelson Mandela has died

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Mandela... He's the one who's friends with the Spice Girls, right?

Twitter makes everyone a publisher, even the fantastically ignorant.

R.I.P Mandela.
edit on 5-12-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Who. Cares.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
A man who wanted change and got his wish along with his people. Just a shame his people didn't live up to it.

R.I.P NM

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Restricted
Who. Cares.

Read a history book then you might see why this guy was and still is such a big deal not only for Africa but the rest of the world.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sad news for his family ... and for the world.

We need more than ever men like him in this time of troubles...

R.I.P Nelson Mandela
edit on 5-12-2013 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
So they announced it at last , who doesn't think he died weeks ago ?

RiP Nelson Mandela .

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Thank you Nelson Mandela.
--------------------------------------------------------

yamammasamonkey
Good riddance. Sorry POS.

I pity your ignorance.

link   
Woops sorry, double post.
edit on 5-12-2013 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by gortex

I suppose its possible but why would they bother not telling us then lying about it?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Restricted
Who. Cares.

What an astonishingly ignorant comment. Why don't you go away now and let the adults in the room talk?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Why does it feel like there's not much to celebrate in terms of what he accomplished?

They say he made the world a better place, if that's the case why doesn't it look so?
It looks the same as it ever did, including the idol worship

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by gortex

I suppose its possible but why would they bother not telling us then lying about it?

I would assume it's something to do with people close to him deciding or at least determining, exactly where his estate is going. Either that or companies & foundations that live off his name and trademark, needed time for political posturing.

For the conspiratorial minded on possible reasons that is. Not lending and weight to the idea.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

boncho

History my friend, is written by the winners. Had Mandela not triumphed it would be just another dead communist/terrorist, -insert label here-.

While his life will be celebrated, one could argue about all the people who had better character that didn't.

that I cant argue with but, that is all hypothetical. He did triumph, he did help defeat apartheid, he did help his fellow countrymen. Not with war but with peace he helped his country. Unlike some of the other warlords on the content of Africa.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

A man of his status means everything to his people , I believe he died a few months ago and they've used this time to accustom his people to the idea of his passing , this has been going for weeks with various people including his ex cell mate coming out to say its time to let him go .

You don't need to be alive to be on life support .

edit on 5-12-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

yourmaker
Why does it feel like there's not much to celebrate in terms of what he accomplished?

They say he made the world a better place, if that's the case why doesn't it look so?

Because thanks to him thousands didn't die in a South African civil war. And there could so easily have been such a war. He made the world a better place.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
A life to remember for many years to come. R.I.P Nelson Mandela

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

yourmaker

Bingo.

Sadly there is a catch 22. How do you celebrate someone of true character without idolatry or idolization? Since most will die by their principals alone… Very hard to do. Just ask christians.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg

yourmaker

Because thanks to him thousands didn't die in a South African civil war. And there could so easily have been such a war. He made the world a better place.

By that logic Independence Day in the US should be a celebration of death…

(Or maybe it is
)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Icon to the anti apartheid great leader that had to live to long in captivity before released.. But he will be the one who will go legend into the history books of the human race...god speed Mandela

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't think Mr. Mandela was all he appeared to be. No-one in the
main stream media ever is.
www.theguardian.com...

His wife was also mixed up in some crazy stuff.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join