It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nelson Mandela has died

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

I agree, sad news

Now, tomorrow more than half of our country will most probably be at a stand still, and hopefully there won't be any issues from certain sides. Strikes galore, and people running up and down the CBD and surrounding areas can very well be expected and make our lives difficult, if we go on how things go down in this country.

Let's see, and hope people will behave. Not likely, but we hope.
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

hillbilly4rent

boncho

History my friend, is written by the winners. Had Mandela not triumphed it would be just another dead communist/terrorist, -insert label here-.

While his life will be celebrated, one could argue about all the people who had better character that didn't.

that I cant argue with but, that is all hypothetical. He did triumph, he did help defeat apartheid, he did help his fellow countrymen. Not with war but with peace he helped his country. Unlike some of the other warlords on the content of Africa.

Yes, he did wage war. justified, maybe, but history is written by the winners after all. And he and his side won. How quickly people forget.

Working as a lawyer, he was repeatedly arrested for seditious activities and, with the ANC leadership, was prosecuted in the Treason Trial from 1956 to 1961 but was found not guilty. Although initially committed to non-violent protest, in association with the South African Communist Party he co-founded the militant Umkhonto we Sizwe (MK) in 1961, leading a bombing campaign against government targets. In 1962 he was arrested, convicted of sabotage and conspiracy to overthrow the government, and sentenced to life imprisonment in the Rivonia Trial.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Very sad, not unexpected but I was hoping he'd make it much longer.

A man way ahead of his time who was trapped in his time, and forged it forward. RIP.

His funeral should be a gathering of the world's elite, the world's activists, and the world's humanitarians. South Africa had the option of total civil war and total hate, and then Mandala came out of a confinement which few could endure and did nothing but express love and reconciliation for all his fellow countrymen.

edit on 5-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

I suppose you believe all the world news and mass media hype and BS. Mandela was a ef'ing terrorist, plain and simple. He, his actions and his ideals killed people, INNOCENT people. He should have been retired at least by 1988 rather than kept on Robyn Island as a playing piece for future use by Oppenheimer. Mandela, the "poster boy" for terror, was the bargaining chip the IMF used to destroy South Africa through economic extortion. Now look at the place, what a disgusting mess with violent crime rates the highest in the world even when compared to war zones.

It is NEVER alright to use soft targets like women, children, the disabled and old folks as you targets in a terror campaign to effect political change, as mandela and the ANC did. Have you ever seen a necklacing, I have. Rather than give this assclown half a nobel prize with that other traitor deKlerk, they should have fed them both rope.

He should have been dead ages ago, but even now they will rewrite history to make this jack-off that did nothing, look like something.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 12/5.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
"Free at Last."

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg
He made the world a better place.

I have no doubt he was a great man to his people and had high intentions for us all but he didn't make the world a better place. He with the help of others gave the black man of South Africa the vote and he changed South African politics which is a great thing for South Africa.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear." Nelson Mandela

All things are eternal and what was loved shall always be so. Thank you, Madiba

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Me. Most normal people. Anyone who doesn't need to feel important by having that string to measure.

And while I respect the man and respect his family and those who knew and loved him...

I have to agree with those whose sentiment is "who cares?" as he made no impact on my life, anyone I knew or the country in which I live.

he was 95. He was not well.

He had to go some time, so RIP, but... we don't need it all over the media for hours on end with tributes from all and sundry, surely. The ex PM here, Gillard, just made a statement regarding how we're all grieving this loss.

smh

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by gortex

I suppose its possible but why would they bother not telling us then lying about it?

That is the string you have to measure.

How long is that piece of string... Why no sooner than you think you've found the end, there it is again, continuing on and on, because you can never really know where it ends..... ie; it's just run of the mill "ooh ooh they lied to us" stuff.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

There was a disturbing post by a S. African sometime ago (last year?) that said the ANC or some other group was waiting for his death and then there would be something called the night of the long knives (machetes) against the whites.. I tried to find the thread but it did not pop up in the search feature.... maybe someone else would have better luck. Let us hope that thread proves wrong.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

727Sky

There was a disturbing post by a S. African sometime ago (last year?) that said the ANC or some other group was waiting for his death and then there would be something called the night of the long knives (machetes) against the whites.. I tried to find the thread but it did not pop up in the search feature.... maybe someone else would have better luck. Let us hope that thread proves wrong.

Because they're barbarians.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well have to say the guy changed my life.

Thanks to his presidency reduceing parts south africa to crime ridden violent hell holes i have meet many friends who have moved to the uk from south africa.

edit on 5-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Another commie terrorist being made a saint, what kind of world are we living in?

link   

Restricted

727Sky

And who, exactly, would these 'barbarians' be?

link   
His life was a hardship but also inspirational for many.
He's been sick a long while now. And he had to put up with his ex-wife and her antics.
He's earned his rest. He's in a better place.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

wingsfan
Another commie terrorist being made a saint, what kind of world are we living in?

Ah. You obviously know nothing about this topic.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

TSOM87

AngryCymraeg
He made the world a better place.

I have no doubt he was a great man to his people and had high intentions for us all but he didn't make the world a better place. He with the help of others gave the black man of South Africa the vote and he changed South African politics which is a great thing for South Africa.

I beg to differ. South Africa could, very easily, have torn itself to pieces in a horribly vicious civil war. The fact that it did not was almost entire down to Mandela.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
A truly Iconic figure and a beautifully humble man.

RIP Tata

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg

wingsfan

And you obviously like to spit on the graves of 70,000 people.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

wingsfan

AngryCymraeg

wingsfan

And you obviously like to spit on the graves of 70,000 people.

Say what now?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg

Restricted

727Sky

And who, exactly, would these 'barbarians' be?

What benefit is there in playing dumb?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join