It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The immorality of abortion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

LoneGunMan
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Sick and selfish. What about the unborn child do they not have a say in what happens the their bodies?
Unborn children don't have much say in a lot of things. Do the rights of the unborn override the rights of the living?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

No the unborn child's rights do not out-way those of anyone else. The child's rights are the same as anyone else s. Such as the right to LIFE liberty and the pursuit of happiness. No one has the right to murder! No matter how small or helpless or voiceless the life is. Murder is murder.

I saw an interesting post on face book, it went like this. If you have an abortion you are still a mother. you are just the mother of a dead baby that you murdered.

Sounds right to me.

edit on 22-10-2013 by beegoodbees because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I know quite a few girls who had so many abortions they were no longer able to have any more, and then later wanted to have a child when it was "convenient", alas, their bodies have aborted the last 5 attempts, and I cannot help but chuckle inwardly at them, as they finally know what they have done.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hmmmm, on this topic I will offer this...I think it is up to the people involved if they agree on it. If they do not then it is up to the woman as she is the one who will carry the child for 9 months. If she chooses to have the child then they both have a responsibility to financially care for the child whether they like it or not. If you take the risks, you need to be prepared for the consequences of those risks.

On the topic of time travel......seriously has Dr. Who taught us nothing? One does not mess with time lines as even a time lord is not entirely sure of the consequences of doing such. If you went back and altered something drastic the ramifications are equally drastic.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by beegoodbees

Understand, however, those who fight for a cause usually decide where to end that fight. They don't think of what happens after.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Mommymomo

Understand, however, those who fight for a cause usually decide where to end that fight. They don't think of what happens after.

What happens after really depends on who wins the fight doesn't it. There are two possible outcomes, a baby or a bunch of dismembered fetus parts in a jar laid carelessly in a bio-hazard dumpster or whatever way they have to dispose of it.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

I know it is true in some cases and it makes me sad. Sad for the babies and the mother who probably had no real clue at the time the magnitude of what was really taking place.

edit on 23-10-2013 by beegoodbees because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I didn't make up the definition of murder.

Nope. But you're trying to.

I suppose all of the ancient cultures of the earth with their accounts of God and the fallen ones (Israelite, Greek, Egyptian, Babylonian, Sumerian) were all living in a computer simulation.
I suppose all of those same cultures which performed ritual execution, blood orgys, infanticide, genocide....basically the whole playlist of evil deeds are models to be looked up to, huh?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If you went back in time and forced a women to abort her child. You should be punished, not murder of the fetus but attempted murder/assault upon the women.

If you went back in time to abort your kid when you were pregnant. Then go ahead.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

beegoodbees

No the unborn child's rights do not out-way those of anyone else. The child's rights are the same as anyone else s. Such as the right to LIFE liberty and the pursuit of happiness. No one has the right to murder! No matter how small or helpless or voiceless the life is. Murder is murder.

I saw an interesting post on face book, it went like this. If you have an abortion you are still a mother. you are just the mother of a dead baby that you murdered.

Sounds right to me.

Fetus don't have rights because:
1. It doesn't have freedom to pursuit of happiness. (it's forced to be born and aborted. It doesn't give a say what the fetus wants).
2. You can't protect a fetus life without infringing women rights (consquence isn't a consent to another to override a body).
3. It doesn't exist in our world, only inside a womb.
4. It's basically like a parasite (pardon for my bluntness).
5. If the fetus were to have rights, then the fetus would be violating a women body. Therefore, the women has a right to defend herself against a fetus by law. Since no one can just take a body for it's own survive without a consent. Even if, the fetus dies in the end.

Murder: illegally killing.
Abortion is legal so, it can't be murder based on the legal standard. All you're doing is killing a fetus, not murdering a fetus.
edit on 24-10-2013 by CaptainHook because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

captaintyinknots

I didn't make up the definition of murder.

Nope. But you're trying to.

I suppose all of the ancient cultures of the earth with their accounts of God and the fallen ones (Israelite, Greek, Egyptian, Babylonian, Sumerian) were all living in a computer simulation.
I suppose all of those same cultures which performed ritual execution, blood orgys, infanticide, genocide....basically the whole playlist of evil deeds are models to be looked up to, huh?

Murder=the killing of innocence. I didn't make that up nor am I attempting to manipulate the meaning as I am sure you will try to do. As far as human sacrifice (abortion) and orgies, that was done by pagans, fallen angels/devil worshiping cultures. Greece, Rome, Babylon, etc. The point is that every ancient civilization on earth must have all been liars in order for us to dismiss their historical accounts.
edit on 25-10-2013 by beegoodbees because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

CaptainHook

beegoodbees

Sounds right to me.

1. It doesn't have freedom to pursuit of happiness. (it's forced to be born and aborted. It doesn't give a say what the fetus wants).
2. You can't protect a fetus life without infringing women rights (consquence isn't a consent to another to override a body).
5. If the fetus were to have rights, then the fetus would be violating a women body. Therefore, the women has a right to defend herself against a fetus by law. Since no one can just take a body for it's own survive without a consent. Even if, the fetus dies in the end.

Abortion is legal so, it can't be murder based on the legal standard. All you're doing is killing a fetus, not murdering a fetus.

So Hitler Mao and Stalin Killed countless millions legally (according to their "laws"). Was that not murder.
Murder (I don't care what google says in this matter) is the killing of innocence. Legal or not.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainHook

Thank you for in true liberal form stating your ridiculous opinion as fact.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

CaptainHook

beegoodbees

Sounds right to me.

So according to you a womans womb is not part of this world. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

CaptainHook

beegoodbees

Sounds right to me.

You think a fetus is a parasite! you had better hope that we never meet, because I am going to give you all of the "love" that you deserve you former parasite.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Murder=the killing of innocence.

1mur·der noun \ˈmər-dər\ : the crime of deliberately killing a person : something that is very difficult or unpleasant Full Definition of MURDER 1 : the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought 2 a : something very difficult or dangerous b : something outrageous or blameworthy

www.merriam-webster.com...

I didn't make that up nor am I attempting to manipulate the meaning as I am sure you will try to do.
Look at the previous paragraph, friend. YOU are trying to change the definition of murder to fit YOUR belief.

As far as human sacrifice (abortion) and orgies, that was done by pagans, fallen angels/devil worshiping cultures.
And? Are those not the same examples you used as cultures that ALSO believed in gods, therefore somehow proving that your belief in god is correct? A truly sad attempt to cherry pick facts, again, to fit your belief.

The point is that every ancient civilization on earth must have all been liars in order for us to dismiss their historical accounts.

Then you cannot discount the negatives showing that those cultures were genuinely twisted.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

beegoodbees

Kind of like stating a belief in a ridiculous religion as fact?

Obvious hypocrite is obvious.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

If legal killing isn't murder than Hitler, Stalin, and Mao were not murderers because the millions killed were done so legally according to their laws. Murder is an unjustified killing. If we leave it to legality than murder has no real meaning at all because laws can be made and changed arbitrarily. It is never justifiable to kill innocence. Nice try though.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

captaintyinknots

beegoodbees

Kind of like stating a belief in a ridiculous religion as fact?

Obvious hypocrite is obvious.

Why are you bringing religion into this? I am not a religious person. Please point out said hypocrisy.
edit on 25-10-2013 by beegoodbees because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Why are you bringing religion into this? I am not a religious person. Please point out said hypocrisy.

I didnt bring religion into it. You did:

One thing about God that is appealing to good people is that he punishes evil. We know that all of the terrible things that you find so tantrum like is going to happen to all of the evil doers in do time.

God gave us free will because he wants us to do what is right because we want to. If God wanted robots he would have probably built robots instead of sentient beings able to discern right and wrong and hopefully do what is right.

Because we are expected to stand up for the rights of the innocent and not just say as many do "it's not my fight, God will take care of it" God instructs us to do what is right, not look away and wait for someone else to do it.

You are right, religion is a tool for control but God is not. Once you realize that the two not one in the same, many possibilities open up. You are also right about the ot and nt and that is why I am no longer a Christian. That deos not take value away from God as he had nothing to do with the nt and some of the ot. We have to remember that the bible is compilation of books sewn together by the roman catholic church in order to control the serfs. That does not mean that all of the books of the bible are false or fabricated.

God gave moses the law, not just ten commandments. The law is pretty thorough. God is not a tool of fear. The imagined torture for all eternity in hellfire is the tool used for fear. God never says in the bible that sinners go to hell for all eternity. This was invented by the roman catholics as means of control. Granted humans often use religion and God as a reason (at least to feed to the people) for war and atrocities. Hey, I won't fault you for your beliefs just like I won't fault myself for my past beliefs however I do feel compelled to get my viewpoint out there.

Did you forget that all of these are direct quotes of yours, or are you trolling?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join