It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is new age feminism getting out of hand?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

Women are better than men. Voila.
They have been misused for thousands of years. Forbidden to study, to vote, they have been treated like animals by men.
And still they are as smart as men.
What if they always should have had the same possibilities as men. Maybe they would now have been miles in the lead.

Men are more egocentric, they want more power then women, have less compassion, less guild feeling, in fact they behave more like animals. Look at the statistics of criminals, pedophiles etc (sorry men).

Internet, twitter etc will make women aware. And democraty all over the world will push women to the top.
It's something Wallace, Tesla and other geniuses have predicted.
This is just the beginning. I m also a little bit afraid that women who behave like men will take the lead but in the end gifted but normal women will come forward.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zandra

I welcome our new female overlords and hope they will keep this puny male for mating purposes

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I'm with you on this one monkey nuts

*Joins mating queue*

Cody

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bates
no woman has ever passed the SAS entrance course.
FACT.

Who cares? You can keep your wars and the requirement for SAS people.

All of the worlds most cleverest people throughout history are men.
FACT.

Are you sure about that? Absolutely sure? You, of course, don't take into account the social mechanisms that have marginalized women, discounted their contributions, and even in many cases barred them from pursuing their own courses.
You only account for the clever that's been allowed to be realized.
Nor do you account for the unnamed women behind some of these men where men, due sexual prejudices could be accepted as inventors, philosophers, great thinkers, were taking credit for the work of the women, because, any woman would be invisible or not taken seriously since everyone knows women are incapable of high intellectual ability. It's the natural order of things you know?

All of the worlds best sportsmen are men.
FACT.

That really depends on what you define as a 'sport'. As homophobic as many men are, they sure do REALLY like to watch other men get sweaty and physical with each other.
It's interesting how the entire concept of sports developed for men, by men, where the very 'sports' and games that are most popular are designed specifically for a man's greater mass and upper body strength and arranged around concepts of conflict, winner, and loser. You can see the finger print of male dominance all over these sports, so, it isn't all that remarkable when an activity designed to play to the advantages of something with a penis puts someone without a penis at a disadvantage.
However, What about Ballet? Gymnastics? Free Diving? Ice Skating? and all those other similar Olympic events were women dominate? Hmmm?

The world greatest artists are men.
FACT.

Who's judging the art? Again, also, you've historical precedent where women were not 'allowed' to be artists, or allowed to be taken seriously when it came to anything.
We've thousands of years of patriarchy and enforced female submission to deal with here.

The worlds greatest play wrights are men.
FACT.

Are you absolutely positively sure about that? Are you familiar with the argument that William Shakespeare, or at least the works of William Shakespeare were actually the works of a woman who had to allow a man to take credit for her work since women weren't really allowed to write, or were taken seriously when it came to such things?
Consider that even the Shakespearean Actors were ALL MALE.
Again, we're dealing with thousands of years of subjugation into a submissive and/or supportive role where men either get, or take ALL the credit.

The worlds greatest composers are men.
FACT.

Once again, we've an entire history of subjugation where certain fields of work or education were not available to women. Yet, we've some rare moments likeHildegard of Bingen. You'll find a surprising number works in the Catholic Church being attributable to her. Spiritus Sanctus ring a bell? You might REALLY want to educate yourself about her and her impact in Christian mysticism and The Church.

The worlds greatest rock and pop bands are men.
FACT.

That's entirely objective and up to interpretation. Purely male bands could very well also lead the charts based purely on numbers compared to a relatively lower demographic of women performers.

i could go on.

Yes, you could certainly parade your ignorance, lack of education, and chauvinism bordering on misogyny all over the place. Anyone doing the same could wear a clown suit and be just as effective.

Further, you're confusing issues and getting caught up in the whole competitive short sighted Team XX versus Team XY rah rah rah nonsense.
Certainly there are physical arenas that are more advantageous for a man.
Certainly there are physical arenas that are more advantageous for a woman.
This could go back and forth forever.
Fact of the matter is, we are ALL human and women can DO essentially anything a man can do, sometimes even better, and it's a little disgusting that women are STILL being subjected to marginalization, subordination, dismissive attitudes, and still have to deal with macho patriarchal bull-poop.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The oppression card seems to be used quite often in this thread, but rarely examined. For those of you claiming that the lack of achievements by and progress of women is due to patriarchy and male oppression, I encourage you to answer the following questions:

1) Why have women allowed themselves to be dominated by men for thousands of years?

2) Why did it take women so long to rise up in a collective voice and push for social change?

3) Why do women rely on gender quotas to succeed in the fields that men tend to excel in, but men do not rely on the same in areas women tend to excel in?

edit on 30/7/2013 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think the secret meaning of feminism is selfishness. Woman want selfish dominion over their interactions with men, dominion over money, lifestyle, breeding, promiscuous adventures and of course the credit card and home. Also any hard work they want men to do. Did I miss anything?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bates
no woman has ever passed the SAS entrance course.

FACT.

You have established that men are more physically fit than women - Well done on stating the obvious! That does not however, make women inferior to men - They are still very capable of physical activities, just look at female athletes.

All of the worlds most cleverest people throughout history are men.

FACT.

Because women were denied education. Not because men are smarter than women.

All of the worlds best sportsmen are men.

FACT.

You're just repeating the first thing you said.

The world greatest artists are men.

FACT.

Again, because women were not allowed to go to art schools or paint for a living, they lived in an oppressive society where they were to be financially looked after. Their work wouldnt be taken seriously despite its quality.

The worlds greatest play wrights are men.

FACT.

Again, because women were not allowed to be published! You know the Bronte sisters has to use male names to get their work taken seriously!? Ridiculous.

The worlds greatest composers are men.

FACT.

Women denied access to schools.

The worlds greatest rock and pop bands are men.

FACT.

i could go on.

Rock bands? Yes, Pop bands? Dont think so.

Your entire post only proves have oppressive patriarchal societies have benefited men while shutting out women. Its quite ignorant of you to state these things as "facts" like women were actually competeing, when its as clear as day, women were denied education, they weren't allowed access to schooling because MEN thought it would be beyond them!

Had the past 1000 years of western human society been an egalitarian utopia, your "facts" would be different and society would be more advanced.
edit on 30-7-2013 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Are there any bounds to the depths of disgusting projection and petty portrayal you'll resort to?

Oh she just wants to have lots of sex and get away with it and spend all of man's money?
Really? Seriously? Honestly?

Did you know that on average a woman gets paid LESS than a man for the very same job?
It ranges from 70%-90% of what a man makes for the same job with the same experience doing the same things, and often enough, a woman, because she's a woman, gets tasked with a larger workload than her male counterparts, and STILL gets paid less.
Here, have some fun with some links:
Women's Earning and Income
Are Women catching up in pay?
Why do Women STILL earn LESS than men?
Male-Female Income disparity in the United States
Top 10 facts about the wage gap

Fact of the matter is, if someone has a penis, they get special treatment. I swear, it's like the Special Olympics. "Oh, you have a penis. Here, have extra money because you're too stupid to make due with less."
What's with the special treatment?

edit on 30-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Women need feminism like a fish needs a bicycle.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
How long are women going to use the excuse that they are still under "subjugation". They can be whatever they want now but the ratio of Male inventors to female has not changed much.

Why would anyone pay the same wage for doing less? But sadly, in many fields they do get paid the same.

Who do you want to rely in a workplace where muscle power is required? a male supervisor or female one?

Testosterone is not meant to be subjugated, the reason women even have any strength is testosterone.

Its Nature. Male species dominate.

Imagine this, if laws are taken away.. who do you think will be on top of order, will you be ready to "man up"?

If ethics was not an issue, try this.

Grow two babies(male and female) in a controlled room, keep them out of interaction with our culture, technology and communication.

when they reach about 15 yrs old, drop them off in an island. You will know who will take on the difficult tasks.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Are there any bounds to the depths of disgusting projection and petty portrayal you'll resort to?

now really Druscilla was that an jab of feministic humour. Remember a lady of poise maintains her prose in the most unruly of situations.

Oh she just wants to have lots of sex and get away with it and spend all of man's money?
Really? Seriously? Honestly?

You know the well known euphemism its better to have a bad plan than no plan. You know im well known for my honest summaries here on Ats.

Did you know that on average a woman gets paid LESS than a man for the very same job? It ranges from 70%-90% of what a man makes for the same job with the same experience doing the same things, and often enough, a woman, because she's a woman, gets tasked with a larger workload than her male counterparts, and STILL gets paid less.

Yes but that applies really only to woman who have spent their whole career in retail as a shop assistant. I know some woman who are doing very well riding I meant rising....oh you know what I mean the career pole...lol...I mean ladder.

Here, have some fun with some links:
Women's Earning and Income
Are Women catching up in pay?
Why do Women STILL earn LESS than men?
Male-Female Income disparity in the United States
Top 10 facts about the wage gap

The facts can be unbelieve able at times, some people will refuse to listen and hold onto their prejudices at any cost. Kinda like the Ufo debunker jumping over someone who is telling a story of their ufo/alien encounter.

Fact of the matter is, if someone has a penis, they get special treatment. I swear, it's like the Special Olympics. "Oh, you have a penis. Here, have extra money because you're too stupid to make due with less."
What's with the special treatment?

The diehard feminist demands some form of justice .....the male becomes confused and turns to his humanitarian self....opening a door for woman is not special treatment.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

You're still stuck in that whole male oriented team XY is 'better' than team XX.

Tell you what, next time you're feeling lonely and want some company, go spoon up to your male buddies.
If you're already gay, then, well, there's some double bias there don't you think?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Imagine this, if laws are taken away.. who do you think will be on top of order, will you be ready to "man up"?

If ethics was not an issue, try this.

Grow two babies(male and female) in a controlled room, keep them out of interaction with our culture, technology and communication.

when they reach about 15 yrs old, drop them off in an island. You will know who will take on the difficult tasks.

Your entire post is absurd but i thought i'd pick out this little gem of super absurdity.

If they did as you stated then both 15 year olds would die because they have been brought up with absolutely no knowledge of having to survive in the wilderness, so your little argument about men automatically knowing how to survive in the wild is moot.

The way you think is hilarious, who needs logic eh?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Where are all these people paying for penis? I have one but prefer the other. On a less serious note, I am 70 and have had a lot of jobs where women were absent. As a military officer, I got the same pay as female officers that had the easy jobs and for some strange reason, the devotion of higher ranked officers. As a high school science & math teacher, I was given a stipend because the Board was encouraging male diversity (discipline, role models, muscle etc). As a mine technician, only men with families to support were motivated to work in such horrible and dangerous conditions with such long hours. As a shipping clerk, only one woman in a thousand had the muscle needed to load 50 gallon drums onto pallets. As a construction worker, women could not carry heavy loads and bear the heat. As a chicken catcher and as a (cow) milker, women lacked the strength and will. I once was a strike breaker and no women had the muscle and guts to fight and get shot at. Mostly they paid for my muscles and guts and never gave a rats ass how I had my fun or peed. That help?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Seriously That is your reply?

It is not about Team XY is better, you even mentioned that is the clear Reason women want competition.

Women are not physically or mentally the same as men.

Men will be superior in things just as women.

This "equality" of "i want to do everything a man can" is just plain absurd, Not denying it can't be done, it just wont be the same quality.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Yes cause Humans can't adapt right?

They can use the flora and fauna of the island(an island which is art of the experiment, designed by the scientists).
I mentioned prevent interaction with modern technology and culture, that does not mean they are mentally retarded.

If you put a computer illiterate in a room with a computer, they will eventually know how to use one.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FyreByrd
You have this terribly wrong. Feminine qualities are not big boobs and butts, and endless catering to men.

What made you think that that was what I implied?
The lack of testosterone does actually have some physical effects such as not overly muscular bodies and lack of hair growth, yet having fantastic hair on one's head, which we regard as beautiful and feminine qualities. Women are beautiful by design, and there isn't anything wrong with emphasizing these qualities, if one likes "art", that is, what is pleasing to look at.

That being said, other effects of the lack of testosterone or the presence of estrogen also affects the brain and behavior, such as thinking that violence might not be the best option to solve a problem.

Feminine qualities - that are scored in most workplaces as weak, are the ability to work together, build relationships over time, consider the long term consequences.

Actually, that depends greatly on the workplace whether or not this is a good thing or not.
I couldn't care less about the relationships with colleagues or customers, all I care about is that the right decisions are made, regardless of what you think of the people you work with. In fact, it's best if you don't have an opinion at all, because it might color their opinions about the subject matter.

There are plenty of jobs where relationships is a good thing (you can probably figure them out), and there are plenty where it creates problems without reason.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

# No woman has ever passed a SAS entrance course

LOL there are more ways to skin a cat ... ever heard of Marta Hari? or

Odette Sansom ? MBE, George Cross, Chevelier de la legion d'honneur ...was an

allied heroine of WW2. Oh! and then there was Joan of Arc born 1412 who lead armies

for France against the English, she was convicted by the inquisition (made up of men no

doubt) and burned at the stake before she was 20 years old ...in 1920 she was canonised

by the pope and became a saint

# All the cleverest people through history are men :up

*Jane Adams born 1860 received a Nobel prize

*Susan B Anthony was responsible for the 19th amendment

*Aspasia of Miletus born 445BC wrote many orations and discussed philosophy with

none other than 'Socrates' who called her 'his teacher'!!

*Florence Bascom born 1862 the first woman geologist in US - the first woman to be part

of the geological survey in 1896, the first woman to hold any office (she was vice president)

in the geological survey of America. She was an expert in petrography, crystallography,

and mineralogy.

*Marie Curie born 1867 in 1903 she was the first woman to receive the Nobel prize in physics

in 1911 she received another Nobel prize, this one in chemistry ... she was the first

person ever to win two Nobel prizes

# All the worlds best sportsmen are men

I would say that was obvious
sportsmen are men
however

are we talking 'brain' versus 'brawn'?? because men always have a physical advantage

but don't forget David and Goliath! so physical strength is not everything!

# The worlds greatest artists are men

*Rosa Bonheur born 1822 - but as women were only finally allowed into art schools

in 1896 they have been very disadvantaged in that respect, but then again due to

mans subjugation of women think of all that lost talent!!

# The worlds greatest play wrights are men

I think authors come under that flag?

*Jane Austen

*The Bronte Sisters

*Barbara Taylor Bradford

*Jackie Collins

# The worlds greatest rock and pop bands are men

That's subjective and it's only entertainment .... hardly rocket science!!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by bates

FACT you would never say that in front of a group of women, only hiding behind a keyboard.
Of course we have different physical traits but the rest? BS.

CORRECT.

because i am a pacifist and women are very violent these days.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

lol what is the difference between sleeping with a feminist and another male??

At least one is an original male, the other one is female with male ego.

I bet gay men are the worst enemy for feminist.

1) They don't find women attractive, thus no hold on them.

2) They have no reason for women.

3) They are 100% free from women's excuses.

If feminist hold onto their ego and find a male partner, i bet he would be a submissive one, in that case, i hope they do not have any male kids, because it would be a mentally screwed up kid for sure.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join