It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is new age feminism getting out of hand?

page: 6
11
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1
 


Okay let me get this straight,

Is what you are saying then when you get down to it ' is - that feminists who want equal rights are responsible for a decline in civilizations ?






and I think sexual harrassment reduced in the work place due to it being no longer acceptable behavior. That and lawsuits towards those carrying it out.

edit on 29-7-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)




posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by hotel1
 


Okay let me get this straight,

Is what you are saying then when you get down to it ' is - that feminists who want equal rights are responsible for a decline in civilizations ?






and I think sexual harrassment reduced in the work place due to it being no longer acceptable behavior. That and lawsuits towards those carrying it out.

edit on 29-7-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)


No, I am suggesting that the policies of radical feminism (which is not about equality in any way) may be contributing to the decline of western civilisation. Nowhere did I say that sexual harassment was acceptable and it is cheap of you if you are inferring that I did, but you are no doubt correct about the lawyers and the financial aspect.
edit on 29-7-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
feminism came out as a real shot in the foot for women and they, unfortunately didnt see it yet, - some did, but some of them dont.

Before, they had to be good women, good wives, good mothers - they would take care of the house, kids would have a good education, the support of their mother always present, and the women would go with their lives and have their afternoons with their girlfriends and all that quiet life...

All was fine... but they werent happy! They wanted what the men had! And then some "women would manly tastes" thought they should have the power that men have, but they didnt think for the rest of the women - they only thought about them, about their lives, which didnt include tastes of the "common women" like "men" or "family" so they went on this rampage to make it all equal...

So this is awesome for a low maintenance woman or a gay woman, but for the real woman this is turning out to be a nightmare... because now they have to be a the SUPER WOMAN, being the BEST wife, the BEST mother, the BEST and MOST AGGRESSIVE professional, the TOP daughter, the SUPER SEXY, the ULTRA bad ass, they have to know how give the BEST ANSWERS in a conversation, they have to be the MOST INFORMED, have the BEST CULTURE, etc etc... while we, men, just have to be... men.

It kinda reminds me of... chihuahuas and german shepherds. German Shepherds just have to be. They dont really have to bark all day to get noticed... they just are. While chihuahuas really have to put an effort into it.

Feminists are just piling up tasks and barking out loud about how awesome they are or how respected they should be or how important and noticed and whatever they should be without even noticing that they're digging their own hole... sooner or later they'll blow up and they'll see that nothing is asked of men. Nothing changed for men... everything is being demanded from women - again. Men remain... men. We have no pressure on top of us to be whatever more than we are... we just are. Like we were before. For millenia.

Enjoy your stress. I love women, but I'm sad to see them destroying themselves because of lack of vision. The oligarchies (specially gay lobbies too) are playing you against men (since they cant play men against women), making you feel inferior and incompetent when your role was always more important than ours - You used to hold us, so we could hold the family. We only provided the money, you provided all the psychological strength that we, as men, lack so many times. We're weak. We do not survive our wives death most of the times, you're survivors by nature. You were the most important members of the families since our species started to gather in tribes and organized societies... men, today as 15000 years ago just know how to do 2 things, to kill and to hunt. You're letting yourselves be played to desire trivial and earthly goods when you're worth much more than that... or used to.

They're using your own weaknesses against you... and you cant see.



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1
 


Okay I was just trying to clarify, I am not that familiar with 'radical feminism policies' so I cant really comment on that until I educate myself more on the topic, which I will do.

Sorry my intention was not to imply that you think sexual harassment is acceptable! I never thought that was the case from your previous posts. I did'nt realize it could be looked at that way, I was just elaborating on the point



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia
reply to post by SearchLightsInc
 


Whilst I agree with you, it was mentioned somewhere that it was a 'male' dominated

bank of England that conceded to a female representation on a bank note?


Originally they ignored her - Not responding to her call's or letters. Then another bloke came along and decided she had a point, took her up on it. Deffo a boys club in the Bank of England, no doubt full of toffs.



What did strike me was why on the lowest denomination of note??

Obviously a male decision


My bad, apparently it wont be the £5 it will be the £10, Though i should really re-check that anyhow. I hope they do put Winston Churchill on a bank note. Although i feel its only right that we have at least one female on a bank note.



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
we had a feminist who was the prime minister.
Wait till you Us people have a feminist in the white house.


Thatcher? If that is the kind of women that are what the feminist want then I will have a problem with their choice and I am one of those who say total equality no matter gender, race, sexuality between equals.

Hillary Clinton is not from my point of view something good either. Those two prove that politicians can become corrupted and small minded no matter what gender they are. I want generally nice people to change the world no matter the gender.

Jesus coming back as a woman not that would have been something I would love to see.


Just to jump in here, Thatcher wasn't a feminist, nor did she seek to open doors for other women. Just thought that should be cleared up



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
I never said it was to blame. I suggested it would be interesting to see if there was any correlation between the rise of those those social factors and the advent of radical feminism. Those signs of civilisations decline that I highlighted showing in men may also turnout to be a result of rad fem. In fact if you think about it its probably quite likely that the mores of rad fem impact upon men as well as women.

Sexual harrasment in the workplace has reduced dramatically along with wages due to a flooded labour market. There's that old cause and effect thing again.



The reduction in wages of the past 30-40 years is slightly to do with a flooded labour market, more to do with changing economies. Decline in wages correlates with de-industrialisation of western countries - Loss of skilled trades such as coal mining, ship building, steel working - This, all in process of moving in a service sector economy. Due to men losing these roles (their jobs shipped off abroad) Women were forced to re-enter the work force to make up for loss of household income. This obviously flooded the labour market. Now take into account globalization, more and more flooding of the labour market due to migration, more developing countries competing against one another, race to the bottom occurs.

Worth noting that this is mainly to do with the finance industry - Dominated by men. Rich men shipped poor men's jobs abroad, The poor man's wife had to re-enter the labour market, the service sector industry has always traditionally been low paid - still is, always will be until people unionise.
The jobs that went abroad are making companies millions by using slave labour. Products sold increasingly at a higher price, increasing the cost of living in the west.

So basically, Rich men have screwed poor men over. Not feminism.

Deny Ignorance.



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by eletheia
reply to post by SearchLightsInc
 


Whilst I agree with you, it was mentioned somewhere that it was a 'male' dominated

bank of England that conceded to a female representation on a bank note?


Originally they ignored her - Not responding to her call's or letters. Then another bloke came along and decided she had a point, took her up on it. Deffo a boys club in the Bank of England, no doubt full of toffs.



What did strike me was why on the lowest denomination of note??

Obviously a male decision


My bad, apparently it wont be the £5 it will be the £10, Though i should really re-check that anyhow. I hope they do put Winston Churchill on a bank note. Although i feel its only right that we have at least one female on a bank note.


really the queen isn't on one lol she is still on Canadian money as well

you dont have a note with Winston Churchill wow. well that almost as bad as what they did to Kennedy, The president who put a man on the moon, stopped ww3 from erupting during the Cuban missile crisis, helped end segregation and he isnt even worth a dollar actually hes worth half a dollar
edit on 29-7-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy
 


Queen is on the 20 dollar bill in Canada, the mostly used bill.



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy
 



Kennedy hasn't made it onto any Bank Notes? Now, that is a shame! He was a great man, perhaps even the last good president of the states.

The queen is on stamps, notes and coins - But there are two sides to a note! Those are places reserved for people considered good for the country and shouldn't be dominated by male figures, women have clearly contributed to the history of this country, if not by working 14hr days in the mills during the industrial revolution, then by keeping this country ticking over during the war's while they were sending all the men off to die. Give credit where credit is due lol



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
reply to post by digital01anarchy
 



Kennedy hasn't made it onto any Bank Notes? Now, that is a shame! He was a great man, perhaps even the last good president of the states.

The queen is on stamps, notes and coins - But there are two sides to a note! Those are places reserved for people considered good for the country and shouldn't be dominated by male figures, women have clearly contributed to the history of this country, if not by working 14hr days in the mills during the industrial revolution, then by keeping this country ticking over during the war's while they were sending all the men off to die. Give credit where credit is due lol


are you telling me there the queen is on every note on one side? And your fighting for women to be on the other side which is dominated by men? lol and you think its men who are stopping women from being on the notes lol. Seems their might be only room for one alpha female on the note


I agree Winston needs a note and that yeah women should be on notes hell if you want your faces plastered on the most evil invention ever go for it -- dont read into the evil thing its only about the money. Seriously though don't get mad when they plaster bad female politician's on your money and the good one's get coins nobody uses it should be expected
edit on 29-7-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   


I'm not ignorant, i'm genuinely scared by these angry aggressive women.
reply to post by bates
 


I haven't read the whole thread but 2 words

Man up

Cody



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599
 





Man up...



That quote alone is a huge double standard.



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream
 


It's fine, it's acceptable to say that sort of thing.

Just like it was acceptable for someone to harass and harangue me into saying why I find aggressive feminist behaviour scary.

It's fine to mock a man who says something that doesn't fit in with the male norm.

It's acceptable to harass and mock this person



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
we had a feminist who was the prime minister.
Wait till you Us people have a feminist in the white house.
Thatcher wasn't a feminist.



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The problem with feminism is that it views women as men instead of women. The essence of femininity is infinite inferiority. This is the truth. If certain women can't tolerate that truth and become obsessed with incorporating the phallic symbol with the image of a woman, such that what they create is a disfigured insult to nature, that is their choice. To justify this obscene creation of theirs they attempt at every turn to castrate men, in the belief that by requisitioning castrated penises they can set themselves up as the phallic mother, domineering and strong.

Feminism is nothing but the manifestation of unconscious psychosexual pathologies mixed with social reorganization after World War II. It is post-modernist penis envy.

Supposedly women have been taken advantage of throughout history yet men have always been the builders, inventors, and soldiers who built up civilization to the advanced and stable point where feminism is even possible today. How many men have suffered the horrors of war compared to women throughout history? How many more men have sacrificed themselves to make civilization possible? While women supposedly had it bad staying at home and tending to the children...

Last I checked throughout history women weren't obligated or obliged to be mangled in warfare, to suffer those arduous conditions, or be slaughtered wholesale by the millions for that world in which women live today and think they have more of a claim to.

And before they say, "O well all those wars were started by men because they are warlike and bloodthirsty by nature!" I can tell you that women are much more warlike, cruel, unwavering, mendacious, and judgmental than men. We may be on the brink of destruction now, but if women had been in control the human race would without a doubt have ceased to exist thousands of years ago.

edit on 29-7-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
reply to post by digital01anarchy
 



Kennedy hasn't made it onto any Bank Notes? Now, that is a shame! He was a great man, perhaps even the last good president of the states.

The queen is on stamps, notes and coins - But there are two sides to a note! Those are places reserved for people considered good for the country and shouldn't be dominated by male figures, women have clearly contributed to the history of this country, if not by working 14hr days in the mills during the industrial revolution, then by keeping this country ticking over during the war's while they were sending all the men off to die. Give credit where credit is due lol


are you telling me there the queen is on every note on one side? And your fighting for women to be on the other side which is dominated by men? lol and you think its men who are stopping women from being on the notes lol. Seems their might be only room for one alpha female on the note


Yes that's exactly what im telling you lol The monarchy (Queen right now) is on one side, and then someone else on the other. When the queen passes and we get a king next, the notes will be changed with a picture of the king on the notes!


I agree Winston needs a note and that yeah women should be on notes hell if you want your faces plastered on the most evil invention ever go for it -- dont read into the evil thing its only about the money.


I think its more about fair representation, I agree that money is stupidly evil !


Seriously though don't get mad when they plaster bad female politician's on your money and the good one's get coins nobody uses it should be expected


Are you seriously telling me you have certain types of coins no one uses? O.o



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by djr33222
 


*clap*



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by djr33222
The problem with feminism is that it views women as men instead of women. The essence of femininity is infinite inferiority. This is the truth. If certain women can't tolerate that truth and become obsessed with incorporating the phallic symbol with the image of a woman, such that what they create is a disfigured insult to nature, that is their choice. To justify this obscene creation of theirs they attempt at every turn to castrate men, in the belief that by requisitioning castrated penises they can set themselves up as the phallic mother, domineering and strong.

Feminism is nothing but the manifestation of unconscious psychosexual pathologies mixed with social reorganization after World War II. It is post-modernist penis envy.

Supposedly women have been taken advantage of throughout history yet men have always been the builders, inventors, and soldiers who built up civilization to the advanced and stable point where feminism is even possible today. How many men have suffered the horrors of war compared to women throughout history? How many more men have sacrificed themselves to make civilization possible? While women supposedly had it bad staying at home and tending to the children...

Last I checked throughout history women weren't obligated or obliged to be mangled in warfare, to suffer those arduous conditions, or be slaughtered wholesale by the millions for that world in which women live today and think they have more of a claim to.

And before they say, "O well all those wars were started by men because they are warlike and bloodthirsty by nature!" I can tell you that women are much more warlike, cruel, unwavering, mendacious, and judgmental than men. We may be on the brink of destruction now, but if women had been in control the human race would without a doubt have ceased to exist thousands of years ago.

edit on 29-7-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)


You sir, are talking bollocks.

Women are not flawed in comparison to men. Women are not flawed at all as it goes.

The idea that only men suffer during war time is ignorant and laughable.

The term "penis-envy" was thought up by a man in an attempt to belittle women who wanted more control over their lot in life (I.E not wanting to be baby factories and housewives)

And yes, while men have always been "the builders, inventors, and soldiers who built up civilization to the advanced and stable point" - This was all achieved with the successful subjugation of women through state, religion and social attitudes. It has nothing to do with women shying away from activley participating in building up civilizations - They were Oppressed.

And you know what? You want to take credit for this beautiful thing called life were all living? Go ahead, Take a look at the world and marvel in this creation you claim men have single-handedly gifted to us - Slave labour, religious oppression, destitute poverty, War's/Conflicts dotted across the globe. Children starving in their millions every year while a handful of people make more money than they can spend in 1,000 lifetimes.

Do men really want all the credit for the modern world we live in, do you?



posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by Druscilla
 

Not to mention, scientific studies (and my own experiences) show that women tend to be more intelligent than men - men are much more simple and can be very hostile if their simplistic views are challenged.
.

Cooking and cleaning don't count as intelligence I'm afraid




edit on 29/7/2013 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
11
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join