It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is new age feminism getting out of hand?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EasyPleaseMe

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by Druscilla

Not to mention, scientific studies (and my own experiences) show that women tend to be more intelligent than men - men are much more simple and can be very hostile if their simplistic views are challenged.

Cooking and cleaning don't count as intelligence I'm afraid

edit on 29/7/2013 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

Hahaha!

Love Harry Enfield

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bates
Now let me just clarify my position before i start on my 'rant'.

I'm not against the traditional feminists who are after equality, i'm on about the new band of feminists who want dominance over men and the other women they deem to be inferior.

They've been all over the news in Britain for the last few days because of getting Jane Austin on a bank note.

The traditional feminists who would see this as a nice victory and a step towards true equality has been muscled out of the way by a new type of openly man hating and rather aggressive type of feminist as they celebrate this 'victory' in the face of everyone who is willing to listen.

They way this is being celebrated is to try to take over twitter and every television show that will let them on to be loud, aggressive and intimidating to anyone who is too scared to stand up to them.

It's no longer a case of sticking up for women for these people, it's about something a lot more sinister.

Accusations of 'rape' and 'rapist' are thrown around willy nilly (i have no idea how you can rape someone over twitter but hey ho) and other outrageous threats and accusations are leveled at anyone who questions their motives.

I personal feel very intimidated and threatened by these women, yet feel i would be laughed out of town in the real world if i were to mention it to anyone. these women really are very scary individuals though and i'm sure they'd go to any lengths to get their way.

I feel nervous just making this thread but need to make this thread to see if others are equally intimidated.

I agree !20%, I'm all for equality, But some of these Extremist Feminists are INSANE!! I mean, seriously, I can't quite remember the issue or what was happening, But these Feminists went FULL RETARD.. Long story short there was a meeting for Men-equality ( I believe) and these Feminists just waited in the halls whilst said meeting took place and they seriously just started CHANTING some bollocks that only extremist feminist would say , gradually louder and louder... Of course that wouldn't satisfy so after minutes of chanting and than screaming, they had the nerve to pull the FIREALARM. what the ^%&@ is up with some of them. They want equality sure, AND OUR SOULS

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Nope

It's a statement of fact

Cody

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

hardly anyone uses 50 cent pieces or pennies just because the 50 cent pieces are actually worth more in the material then the coin is and pennies hardly get used unless your getting change back. Most people collect then cash them in, I would call that hardly using then

I hardy see people using pennies to pay for anything, pennies = 1 cent or 1/100th of a dollar yeah the 50 cent pieces dont get used because they are worth more money " certain dates" like i said dimes are middle ground and quarters get used for just about damn near everything that requires coinage, laundry, meters, gumball machines you name it most of the time it takes quarters
edit on 29-7-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
They'll have us all on leashes by the end of the decade

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Women are not flawed in comparison to men. Women are not flawed at all as it goes.

Both women and men are flawed. Women are inferior though. This is the truth in my opinion and I realize how insulting and non politically correct it is. I don't alter my opinions because they seen harsh or unpopular.

The idea that only men suffer during war time is ignorant and laughable.

Why, yes. Women suffer too during war. However, the idea that women suffer more than men during war is ignorant and laughable. Women don't fight in war. If they do participate they don't see front-line combat. Everyone suffers the externalities of war, I get that. But I can safely assume that war has ended the lives of more men by a ratio of 100:1, mangled more men by a ratio of 100:1 and worsened quality of life for more men to an unfathomable extent. As a matter of fact, in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan only 2 percent of all American casualties were women and those women saw no front-line combat. The statistics for World Wars 1 and 2 would be even more pronounced.

You want women to be empowered? How about you make more of a stink to see front-line combat in extremely hostile situations? If you do that you would go a long way to justifying feminism.

The term "penis-envy" was thought up by a man in an attempt to belittle women who wanted more control over their lot in life (I.E not wanting to be baby factories and housewives)

That term was thought up by the founder of modern psychology. If you don't know anything about his theories, he was much more critical of men than he was of women. For every "belittling" theory he had about women there was a reciprocal one for men.

This was all achieved with the successful subjugation of women through state, religion and social attitudes.

Exactly. No successful civilization can be formed without the subjugation of women because it must be built in spite of them not with their help. Once it is successful and stable women can be given a fair amount of flexibility. Seen is their truest aspect, they are unrestrained whirlwinds of chaos. Their maturity and adulthood comes as a result of hitting puberty, a bodily function bestowed by birth. For men this comes through action, something we are not born with, something we must aspire to.

The ancients, in all their wisdom, found a women to be worthless if she could not give birth to a son. Her usefulness and responsibility started and ended with that task. Do you think that was just to spite women for being women or out of practicality? Do you think the subjugation of women during the burgeoning years of civilization was for no reason?

And you know what? You want to take credit for this beautiful thing called life were all living? Go ahead, Take a look at the world and marvel in this creation you claim men have single-handedly gifted to us - Slave labour, religious oppression, destitute poverty, War's/Conflicts dotted across the globe. Children starving in their millions every year while a handful of people make more money than they can spend in 1,000 lifetimes.

Like I said, if it wasn't for men there would be no civilization or extended humanity to begin with. There would be no problems to complain about since it wouldn't even be here. And guess what? Women are happy that the world is the way it is because it is relatively stable. During times of great transformation, upheaval, or duress women have no empowerment and are relegated to subjugation. It is in their interest to keep things the way they are despite all the evil in the world.

If you do get women who really want to see a fundamental shift happen in the world how would they go about making it happen? They would ask men to do it, to die for it, and to suffer for it. Generally speaking.
edit on 29-7-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
No

Polls have shown feminism all together isnt popular at all with todays women

the more radical element of feminism is largely a few crazy powerless women who hang around tumblr or facebook all day making silly posts and reblogging/ liking each others comments

nothing to really worry about
edit on 29-7-2013 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Extremism of any sort is unhealthy and Radical Feminism is no exception.

Feminists demand the same rights and freedoms but fail to acknowledge the responsibilities that accompany them. This presents a major problem because that is not true equality, but special treatment. You should not be given special treatment based on gender alone and this is what many Feminists expect.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

If men has "Man up" for every problem they have, what does a women do? whine and create a feminism group.

Yeah double standard can be easily seen.

Teacher rapes a underage male students. Man up.. right?

Obvious double standard is obvious.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
reply to post by bates

I think it's about time to try a matriarchy in all walks of life. The current patriarchy has screwed up the world, the environment and fought one senseless war after another. A new balance needs to be achieved if it's not already to late.

Don't even get started on the whole bible thing that was written by men.

My take on it is that if there is a God and Angels they are both and at the same time neither male or female and more an it that present in whatever context is required because a "perfect" being would have to be a balanced blending of both much like the Tao symbol that looks like a circle with two tear drops.

We are way past the need for a testosterone soaked muscled bound idiot to stomp though the bush dragging home a carcase for the family and willy-nilly sowing his seed as some imagined test of virility.

After a few thousand years of a matriarchal society to correct the ills of the world a balance might be achieved.

Though on another note this is absurd. Women are indeed equal to men right down to unsavory side of humanity. though men have indeed held most of the power throughout history when there were instances of matriarchy it didnt show to be any more benevolent or enlightened that patriarchy.

case in point in ancient times you had people like the celts or scythians or sarmations or Iroquois who had equal rights or had women as leaders. Many of these people were known for being very war like

case in point again as others brought up women like thatcher and clinton have shown that gals can compete easily with the boys when it comes to beinga corrupt callous war mongering turd

your theories nice and all but its based more so on wishful thinking than reality

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
When decades have gone by since the mass waves of feminism in the west, and still women are not equal (eg. they only earn 80% of their male counterparts for exactly the same work) then eventually you've got to go a bit radical to get things done.

Its been over 100 years since women's suffrage in Australia, and still women are fighting for basic equality. Its disgusting when you think about it. At this rate most will die before seeing equality.

edit on 29/7/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Extremism of any sort is unhealthy and Radical Feminism is no exception.

Feminists demand the same rights and freedoms but fail to acknowledge the responsibilities that accompany them. This presents a major problem because that is not true equality, but special treatment. You should not be given special treatment based on gender alone and this is what many Feminists expect.

There should be a double standard, and special treatment.

If I have two piles of rocks, one twice the size of the other, and I keep adding one stone to each pile - then they will never become the same height. You may get them nearly the same height over a very very long period of time but that is all.

However if I add two stones to the short pile and one to the tall pile, then they will be equal in no time.

You need to make things unequal in order to make them equal.

Bring on the special treatments! If after hundreds, or thousands of years of dominance over women all we get off with is a few double standards and special treatment for a while - then us men are getting off pretty darn lightly. If it means accelerating women's equality, then I am more than happy to do it, I love women and want to see them achieve it in this lifetime.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
When decades have gone by since the mass waves of feminism in the west, and still women are not equal (eg. they only earn 80% of their male counterparts for exactly the same work) then eventually you've got to go a bit radical to get things done.

Its been over 100 years since women's suffrage in Australia, and still women are fighting for basic equality. Its disgusting when you think about it. At this rate most will die before seeing equality.

.The women wage gap claim is a myth in many countries
www.cbsnews.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.forbes.com...

Further this statement here

"Bring on the special treatments! If after hundreds, or thousands of years of dominance over women all we get off with is a few double standards and special treatment for a while - then us men are getting off pretty darn lightly."

Makes it sound like todays men somehow are responsible for the way men in the past acted

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by paganini

Many men of today are responsible for the sexism of today.

And most men of today benefit from the male dominance of the past.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
reply to post by paganini

Many men of today are responsible for the sexism of today.

a. Its impossible to gauge how a population as large as males think and feels. We are too many to generalize in such a manner unless one wishes to create a straw man.

b. Only a small portion of the male populace or human populace benefit from a privileged life. again the privilege list just a sweeping generalization.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

As far as I can tell all women today are benefiting from male sacrifices of the past and they are still benefiting from the sacrifices we continue to make, often specifically for their pleasure, comfort, and happiness.

I remember when I used to work at a bank, everyday men would come in with a sad look on their face because they were paying off credit cards with thousands of dollars of purchases from their wife or girlfriend who apparently had nothing better to do then spend their money. Also, men would come in wanting to destroy the place because their female "partners" emptied out joint accounts. I would look at women in the face as they took their men for all they were worth...

Guess they weren't too worried about making 80% of what men supposedly make.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by paganini
a. Its impossible to gauge how a population as large as males think and feels.

I know it is, that's why I would do no such thing.

Originally posted by paganini
b. Only a small portion of the male populace or human populace benefit from a privileged life. again the privilege list just a sweeping generalization.

As a result of male dominance of the past we have more chance of becoming president (100% of US presidents have been male), more chance of career advancement and higher pay (majority of CEO's are men, majority of university professors are men), less likely to be economically dependent on another person, and less likely to be a victim in an abusive relationship. The outlook for men, is still slightly better than for females.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bates

Not really I just feel sorry for them. They are unhappy and that unhappiness turns into rage that is direct to the source of their unhappiness. Men.

I wouldn't be afraid of them if i were you.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Okay...I got six pages in. I couldn't take it anymore.

Assertive, confident women and weak, timid men don't mix. Always has been, always will be.

I love women. I like for women to be women...that is, feminine. I also don't want to have to take care of an adult that is perfectly capable of taking care of their self. I've already raised a child...by myself. I don't want to do that again. If I'm hungry and you're in the kitchen and I ask you to bring me something to eat, it's not because you're a woman...it's because you're closer to the fridge. If you were on the couch and I was in the kitchen, I'd have no problem bringing you sustinence if you asked. It's not about gender roles, it's about proximity.

I like sex. I like the look and feel of a woman's body. I'm not going to apologize for that...and any woman who is with me wouldn't want for me to apologize for it. Same reason I've never paid for sex...why am I gonna pay for it if you are getting off too? People just need to grow up and realize that men are pigs...all men, no exceptions. Women like that about us...for the most part.

I'm gonna say what I mean and mean what I say. If you, as a woman, can't handle that and think the truth or my perception of the truth is "extreme" or too machisimoistic or some such garbage, then we wouldn't have worked out in the long run anyway. Keep it real with me and I'm gonna keep it real with you.

If I like you and want to spend time with you, I'm gonna let you know that's the case...and I'm gonna hope you feel the same way. I don't care about pre-ordained gender roles or some such $h_t. I just want the company of a beautiful , feminine spirit who can appreciate the complexities of reality and who chooses to expend some of her life energy and time making me as fully satisfied as I'm gonna try to make her feel. It's about honesty, reality, and just enjoying the company of the other. Why does it have to be so complicated? Oh yeah....society says so.

I'm a grown a$$ man and I know how to clean up after myself. You should know how to as well. I don't care who makes the sandwiches...but if one of us is closer to the fridge, proximity and kindness are the order of the day.

I want a woman, not a girl, a martyr or a cause. You (as a woman) want a man and a partner...not a fragile ego to uphold or a baby who doesn't like not getting their way.

People are stupid. This thread is a prime example of why there are so many single people in America.

But hey...I'm single too, so what the he77 do I know right?

--J

edit on 7/29/2013 by JamesTheScribe because: Clarification

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bates

Yeap totally agree with them being 'over the top' into psycho land. This is proof how the world goes from more extreme to more extreme.

Just for example, guiness book of records, someone always wants to be more crazy, more nuts and push the limits. I think these women just want more attention for one thing, and plus they are wack jobs and are trying to push their way more than they should.

As my opinion, women have rights as much as men do, its just the feminists think women are equal with men lol. Having rights is alot different than being equal. But you don't see co-workers up at arms cause they aren't equal with their bosses do we? There is order, and there is levels of authority, men are above women in authority and women are above children in authority. Need authority in life or there would be chaos. Everyone is not equal, otherwise you would have everyone the same. But we all are unique aren't we? Therefore we are not equal in this respect.

Women's rights needs refinement, and feminists are power hungry egotistical maniacs. There are men like this as well as women. But the bottom line, women need to respect men's authority, and men need to respect women's ability to listen.

A car has one steering wheel, so you can only have 1 driver, not 2. Try taking drivers training classes with the 2 steering wheel and brake built into the same car and see how far you get down the road with 2 people trying to steer haha.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join