It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is new age feminism getting out of hand?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Yes cause Humans can't adapt right?

They can but it helps when you've grown up in a similar environment. For example, if i took two children from the poorest part of the world and put them against two children from the richest part of the world, my money would be on the disadvantaged kids to survive because they've grown up in life or death environments.

They can use the flora and fauna of the island(an island which is art of the experiment, designed by the scientists).
I mentioned prevent interaction with modern technology and culture, that does not mean they are mentally retarded.

You are advocating raising 2 people in a lab - separately, never teaching them any sort of survival skills and then putting them against one another to see who survives longest - Its a flawed concept. They'd both die.

If you put a computer illiterate in a room with a computer, they will eventually know how to use one.

Learning how to use facebook does not constitute how to use a computer.

If i sat someone down in front of the Excel programme and came back after 6 hours i'd bet you a lot of money they wouldnt know even the 4 basic formula's - People need to be taught.
edit on 30-7-2013 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Ok here's one for you.

If men and women were both born equally as intelligent, why then did women let themselves be oppressed by men?

I mean what is strength and brute force against another who is equally as intelligent? Did women just decide to let men take control of things.

The answer is yes, otherwise women wouldn't have had to come from inequality in the first place.

Which leads us to why was this the standard state of being, man controller of woman? Well it would have been for mating purposes and protection, but as we outgrew that animalistic nature and became civilized, why then did women still let men take control?

The answer we have to come to conclusion to is that women sat back as men were creating great civilizations, going to war to greater their powers, and where were women? At home with the children. It's ok someone had to do it, but would they have gone to war if asked nicely? No the majority would not have.

They're smart I'll give that to them, now that there are many great societies around the world and the hard work has been done they believe that they deserve a free pass to sit on the throne of what man had to work hard and fight and die for. Yes, now that It's safe to come out of hiding they want to sit as equals...

In the mean time, middle eastern countries still oppress their women, but one day when they decide to join the rest of the world, you can stick all of your money on women finally showing some fight to sit as equals when It's safe to come out of man's shadow.

Now I in no way want women to be oppressed second rate citizens, I want and enjoy their equality. But what I can't stand is when women decide equality is not enough and now they want it all, and using the sexism cards over and over just as racial cards are used against the white man again and again, but that's a different story.

But look closely and you know what I say is true, for example men and women in the middle east resemble society from our not to distant past. The question, why do they let themselves be oppressed? Why sit in the shadows of man? What holds them back? Apparently they hold equal intelligence...

But wait for men to build a stable society and before they know it women will suddenly pluck up the courage to find their voice.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
Ok here's one for you.

If men and women were both born equally as intelligent, why then did women let themselves be oppressed by men? I mean what is strength and brute force against another who is equally as intelligent? Did women just decide to let men take control of things.

Now that there are many great societies around the world and the hard work has been done they believe that they deserve a free pass to sit on the throne of what man had to work hard and fight and die for. Yes, now that It's safe to come out of hiding they want to sit as equals...

The question, why do they let themselves be oppressed? Why sit in the shadows of man? What holds them back? Apparently they hold equal intelligence...
But wait for men to build a stable society and before they know it women will suddenly pluck up the courage to find their voice.

Brilliant points.

Im glad i do not meet these radical feminist in real life, i only met normal women so far. im glad these are mainly online radicals. However, i see these hate group rising under the guise of "minority", and some men support them without a thought... like fly in the web.
edit on 7/30/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Haha likewise, couldn't be doing with the ear ache after meeting a real feminist, although I'm fairly certain a large percentage of them have infiltrated ATS.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

You've answered your own question, women are more

intelligent than men. After all they have let you believe your own hype ...that you are

stronger, cleverer, more intelligent, and capable than women. They took a back seat while

you men fought wars, created cities and performed feats of engineering etc.

And now

When you are suffering from weariness and PTSD, they are (as you see it) coming forward to

claim the rewards from your hard work !!

However you may ponder on the following

"Behind every successful man there is a woman"

and

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world"

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Well that's just pure evil, you should all be very ashamed of yourselves.

Also shoudn't that be, "behind every woman is a successful man" pardon the pun
edit on 30-7-2013 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

"Behind every successful man there is a woman"

That's an old saying, the new saying should be "Behind every ruined man, there is a Women"

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world"

Feminist want kids?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yes.

Socially Yes.

Relationships & Civil Issues -- Yes

Child Raising & Home Life -- Yes

Business Wise -- Yes (public sector, therefore that means government and judicial)

Culture -- Yes.

So..yes, out of hand. Go read Jezebel and then tell me those women aren't at the forefront of something very evil.

But you can't talk about this stuff, you just get called a Misogynist. Trust me I tried

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

That is the problem, i see many men on ATS that are falling into the fear. The moment they hesitate to talk about these stuff, it becomes like a taboo.

I have been seeing men starting sentences with a disclaimer.

Have you seen any feminist here starting with a disclaimer. i highly doubt it. It is like a power trip for them.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

I wouldn't call it 'evil' I would rather say you've been outmaneuvered by unintelligent

females

And I don't think your second line is worth commenting on

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Unintelligent females? I never stated that I said equally intelligent. But if that's what you want to call yourselves, I won't stop you.

And my second statement was more of a light hearted play on words.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bates

Same drivel I read from men and their dutiful wives in the 70s. Exactly the same.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Is new age feminism getting out of hand?

After watching this thread deteriorate into a vicious, pointless, one-up contest between the genders, I am only convinced all the more of the brutality of the battle of the sexes.

So... Yes. Maybe it is getting out of hand. But I suppose it always was, because feminism was a response to something that was clearly out of hand to begin with. Any time you have two sides struggling for dominance they can wind each other up in a hurry. Which is exactly what has happened here... Again...

In terms of the number and scope of fear based, whining, ego-driven, hateful, demeaning, and just vicious attacks that score is clearly topped by the "Masculinists" here, who are presumably male.

From where I am standing, the women in this thread in the beginning were not trying to assert dominance over men, just equality. The men who are threatened by that swooped in attacking, belittling, generally bullying, and not really thinking. There were no facts to back up most of those assertions of "Fact", and not a whole lot of actual thought in the arguments, just straw-men, circular logic and a great deal of chutzpah. The irony of screaming "I'm smarter and less emotional than you you stupid B***h!" at the top of your lungs, is so tired that most women don't even bother to roll their eyes at it any more. Just to spell it out, this kind of behavior just serves to reinforce the stereo-type of men as violent, noisy, chest beating, branch dragging testosterone machines that women must put up with for the necessity of procreation, and because they can beat us up.

I can say, that life experience has thankfully taught me that this is the vocal minority, and most men aren't like this at all.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

You must be very biased to skip through the whole low IQ slings and "need for a militant feminism".

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

In the first instance you can never be sure of the sex of a poster - and if you get

correct in your assumptions that they are female, how on earth do you decide if

they are a feminist, or just someone with some strong views?
The wish to not

be considered a 2nd class citizen or walk six paces behind the man is not the

aspiration of 99.5% of women ...

As for men (quoting you) "falling into the fear," "hesitating," and "making disclaimers"....

tut, tut, tut ... this continuous air of being a victim ....not attractive at all

Take a leaf out of Codys post as he said "man up"

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Thatcher wasn't a feminist.

Which, if you think about it - makes her the ultimate feminist

Not saying I'm a fan - just sayin' :-)

Some day women will be judged by what they do - and not by the fact that they got to do it while being female

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
After several thousand years of being subjugated in extreme, brutal ways by the brawnier sex, women are finally being treated better in a more technological, enlightened age and you're scared?

As far as I've heard, mandatory emasculation is not policy... but some men seem to be doing it to themselves without outside help.

If only we men were sent to camps to be used as sexual playthings by the female overlords... sigh, a man can dream...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I lost so much energy reading this thread.

Opened up that video hoping to see some sort of... I don't know. Heated argument? I got nothing but incoherent and unprepared rebuttals to a clear, concise and well-reasoned argument.

It was boring, to be honest.

What is "new age radical feminism" anyway? Is that this whole thing about the worship of the Divine Feminine, but it's so much better than the Masculine? I saw one website like that, something about Female Supremacy, but I think it was erm... never mind.

Feminists are cool, man. If you guys want equality, then you're feminists too. It's not that bad, really.

As for the "angry and aggressive" ones, well... you'd be angry too. Of course, that doesn't pardon women from committing the same heinous acts to men for the sake of being men, just because patriarchy. I heard people mention Jezebel a few times. I can think of exactly one author who's ever written intentionally degrading and hurtful about all men. You'll find, in fact, that many of the authors at Jezebel would run to your defence just as quickly if you were the target of domestic abuse, sexual harassment, etc.

Yes. We have penises. Penises rock. So do vaginas. But they're not the be-all and end-all. You are people first. People who, unfettered by oppression and prejudice, are capable of so, so much. We need to acknowledge this appropriately.

Jane Austen went hard in the paint... well... ink. The simple act of printing her face on a banknote could inspire my potential unborn daughter to become the greatest novelist of her generation... okay, that was corny.

She'll be an animator if I have any say.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

There is order, and there is levels of authority, men are above women in authority and women are above children in authority.

.But the bottom line, women need to respect men's authority

:-)

Sorry - deference isn't my bestest skill

Honestly - I forget sometimes how things really are - thanks for bringing the message home
edit on 7/30/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I saw a video some years back of a feminist rally going on in California somewhere. This guy got up to the podium, and told the lady’s out in the crowd….”If you want equal rights like men, than I guess you won’t have a problem going in on the draft like men do”?

They all booed, and said that wouldn’t be fair for women to go to war.

Are you serious?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join