It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is new age feminism getting out of hand?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Now let me just clarify my position before i start on my 'rant'.

I'm not against the traditional feminists who are after equality, i'm on about the new band of feminists who want dominance over men and the other women they deem to be inferior.

They've been all over the news in Britain for the last few days because of getting Jane Austin on a bank note.

The traditional feminists who would see this as a nice victory and a step towards true equality has been muscled out of the way by a new type of openly man hating and rather aggressive type of feminist as they celebrate this 'victory' in the face of everyone who is willing to listen.

They way this is being celebrated is to try to take over twitter and every television show that will let them on to be loud, aggressive and intimidating to anyone who is too scared to stand up to them.

It's no longer a case of sticking up for women for these people, it's about something a lot more sinister.

Accusations of 'rape' and 'rapist' are thrown around willy nilly (i have no idea how you can rape someone over twitter but hey ho) and other outrageous threats and accusations are leveled at anyone who questions their motives.

I personal feel very intimidated and threatened by these women, yet feel i would be laughed out of town in the real world if i were to mention it to anyone. these women really are very scary individuals though and i'm sure they'd go to any lengths to get their way.

I feel nervous just making this thread but need to make this thread to see if others are equally intimidated.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The feminists of the type you are describing are the ones that are bitterly angry at the male of the species, because only low quality, drunk men try to sleep with them.
edit on 29-7-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
They probably are getting out of hand. A lot of the world, well, mostly the U.K. and especially the U.S., has been polarized - I'm living in a conservative state over here, for example, and it is the opposite of wht you mentioned -

But I had some run-ins with a very established feminist camp at my Liberal Arts College that was a bit too radical. It is very messy right now. In my opinion, if the new feminists get too radical, they might become unbalanced.

Anyway, sorry, I'm not able to provide real-time input on this because I moved to Idaho (even though I am not a conservative) to avoid just this issue.

To use Pokemon terms, it was super-effective! Too effective sometimes.

I consider myself a feminist, but not a crazy one who is inconsiderate of others. To be honest, I don't see much feminist influence here at all, but... man I wish people could stop being extremists.
edit on 29-7-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I suspect its the inevitable swing due to the past behaviour of men, when they literally could do as they wished - and unfortunately, jimmy Saville is a very good example.

There is bound to be a backlash and we usually swing back so high it takes a little time for common sense to settle down. With the Pope's efforts to somewhat cover up abuse of children by his minions you can understand that many Mothers would feel irate and ignoratly blame all men with that mentality. I suspect we still have plenty of skeletons in the cupboards to come into the public domain.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

Sometimes a militant stance is required just to bargain down to acceptable terms.
Ask for way more than you want, and when compromise time comes, you can bargain down.
It's good tactics.

Ask for equality and only equality, and all you can bargain down to is less than you really want.

Besides that, who's to measure the length and breadth of 'equality'?
Will it be a white man that say to a black man "Behold, you are now equal"?
The black man continues to be told he's equal in the USA, but, the black man might just beg to differ.

Will it be a Man that tells a Woman similar as seems to be the accepted myth?

Do we need be given, told, about our 'equality', or allowed to declare it when we actually see it as so?

edit on 29-7-2013 by Druscilla because: punctuation and elaboration.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The really sad thing about them is that they are the ones who look down on feminine qualities, not the ones they are supposedly fighting. They want to BE men. And of course, they have all the right to do so, but they don't have to look down on those who do not wish to be disgusting stinking creatures.

Equality seems to mean something else to them entirely.

Also, having a quota to fill positions with women is also dangerous from an equality point of view, as it by itself states that is the only way women can get in, because they're incapable of doing what is actually required. It has its reasons and benefits.. but, it's dangerous.
edit on 29-7-2013 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I see what you are saying, hmm... I definitely think that women have been suppressed, and still are. For example, I live with male room-mates and we share dishes and share cooking - I don't expect them to clean up after me.

Then I go over to my friends' house, and he constantly says stuff like "Hey hon, have you cleaned the kitchen yet?" and "Have you made dinner yet?" which really bothers me.

----------

Not to mention, scientific studies (and my own experiences) show that women tend to be more intelligent than men - men are much more simple and can be very hostile if their simplistic views are challenged.

I think this curse men have of not being aware of their surroundings could be broken if more women were able to get into the mix,

In all, I hope to see the day when men and women truly are equal and people are able to find loyal friends and companions based on characteristics and not looks or genitalia.

However, in the meantime, I have taken a very unfair share of punishment and resentment from women who don't bother thinking before they strike at me - not so much anymore, but in my past...I think I'm fine now. :-)

Anyway, being a feminist is a lot more fun than being... closed-minded? But it is also scary and hard at first. And there are those that understand what it means and make awesome arguments, and those that just rant and rave and destroy

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

that's it, that's the one thing that really confuses me.

it's how nasty they can be to other women.

I was just watching bbc breakfast and the feminist campaigner was not very nice at all to the model woman.

no word of a lie, she looking at the model as though she was a piece of dirt whilst saying "we hate people who treat woman like dirt"

one of the most bizarre things i've ever seen.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Sorry I was getting long-winded - I sympathize with your faction nearly 100%, but am currently laying low and taking a break from the Democrat / liberal zones. Especially with Obama being a Democrat and so much Democrat support of surveillance etc. - I wanted a buffer zone between me and catastrophe, so I moved to Idaho, a heavily libertarian state. I may have been wrong.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

How can you tar such a large and diverse group of women with the same brush? You are literally accusing all modern day feminists as being manhaters.

Shame on you.

Fairplay to them

and please back up what you say with some news sources, I would very much like to see what you were referring to.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

Is new age feminism getting out of hand?

No.
But ignorance is.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

www.bbc.co.uk...

Watch the video in that.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I'm not ignorant, i'm genuinely scared by these angry aggressive women.

Bit harsh to confuse my fear with ignorance

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

I know plenty of feminists and very few militants. I stand by a militant feminist also, providing she does not hurt someone else.
But to help you with your fear, what is it you are scared of?
How do you think you personally will be affected as a man or woman by someone else's stance on gender roles?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

Watched the video and im a bit confused, what is it that you are trying to point out? The model with the obvious low IQ or the well spoken intelligent lady who makes a good argument?

Absolutely nothing wrong with that, I agree with everything she said.

Is this what this is about? You dont want your 'lads mags' to have to cover the front pages with sealed modesty bags as they may offend some people?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

i'm scared of being judged based on my sex.

i don't like the fact that these people openly hate me simply because i happen to be male.

the threats (both verbal and physical) are really unnecessary and the accusations thrown around border on criminal.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Christ, how offensive do you want to be?

What's the need to have a pop at the model

That's exactly the point i'm trying to make

How can you claim to be a real feminist when you treat the model woman like that?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

And do you think they will truly impact who you think you are?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
And what percentage of woman on ats are diehard feminists ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join