It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is new age feminism getting out of hand?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I've since watched a few episodes of Naked and Afraid, and the show is indeed quite very embarrassing for men.

I actually watched an episode (episode 2) of this show to see what you were talking about. I don't agree with your assessments. Only the man could make the fire, he crafted shoes for both of them so they could walk over thorns, and carried large logs to a cave they found to sleep in for a few days. The woman didn't do much but pick weeds off the ground she thought they could eat (they didn't) and make attempts to criticize him for no reason. She was a self-proclaimed feminist.

During one scene the guy made it clear they needed to head for water since it was over 100 degrees out and they were severely dehydrated. The women wants to stop to check out some zebras and antelopes instead. She said they should hide behind some shrubs and wait for the animals to get closer so they could kill one and eat it. The man simply shakes his head in disgust and tells her they need to find water... It's like she was in some imaginary world where the man was expected to do not only all the physically demanding tasks but all the impossible tasks too. Seriously, they could barely walk yet she wanted him to magically chase down a zebra single-handedly.

That was hilarious and almost unbearable to watch. Lions have a hard time catching and killing zebras let alone some guy and a feminist that have no weapons and can hardly walk. That pretty much sums up that entire episode.

The guy later told the camera when the woman wasn't around that he wished he was there by himself because the lady was making every situation more difficult for him to take care of.

Anyway, that is what I saw. Perhaps we just have a difference of opinion here. So be it.

Also, I could probably watch every other episode of the show and point things out you can't see, but I won't be watching another episode because it seems like the only fans of this show are people who want to claim men are pathetic, lazy, and incompetent. Please... I suggest you read Dr. Helen Smith's new book, Men on Strike: Why Men Are Boycotting Marriage, Fatherhood, and the American Dream - and Why It Matters.
edit on 30-7-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia
reply to post by mahatche

You mention feminists crossing the line to de-masculinise men.

And feminists acting like they would ban the production of testosterone if they could.

Then you go on

Have your rights, but don't attempt to systematically change your biology ?

I'm confused
Are we on the same thread? We are not at war - We only

want equality

EQUALITY >>>The state of being equal especially in status, rights

and opportunities

Who is we?

I clearly differentiated between feminists who only want equality, and those who seek superiority and have some annoying underlying hatred for men. I know that's not all feminists, but there are some that inspire threeads with titles like "Is now age feminism going to far".

I don't get what's confusing in my statement. Maybe you haven't met some of the more extreme feminists, but I have, and I can't stand what they stand for. Women empowerment is awesome. I want the females in my family to be strong, I want them to have every opportunity I have. they should have equal rights. but the ones who think men need to be less "manly" and act like any time a man has a sexual thought it's cause he is a misogynist, those ones can go # themselves.
edit on 30-7-2013 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zandra
reply to post by bates

Women are better than men. Voila.
They have been misused for thousands of years. Forbidden to study, to vote, they have been treated like animals by men.
And still they are as smart as men.
What if they always should have had the same possibilities as men. Maybe they would now have been miles in the lead.

Men are more egocentric, they want more power then women, have less compassion, less guild feeling, in fact they behave more like animals. Look at the statistics of criminals, pedophiles etc (sorry men).

Internet, twitter etc will make women aware. And democraty all over the world will push women to the top.
It's something Wallace, Tesla and other geniuses have predicted.
This is just the beginning. I m also a little bit afraid that women who behave like men will take the lead but in the end gifted but normal women will come forward.

So Twitter will make women aware you say... Really?
I wouldn't be surprised if a good number of women found enlightenment through the unlimited wisdom of tweets.

They have been treated like animals? No, more like catered to, protected, and provided for.

They are as smart as men? If women are being made aware by Twitter, as you claim, I highly doubt any estimations of high intelligence. You would do women more justice by saying nothing.

Men are egocentric? Have you ever watched an episode of Real Housewives of Who Gives a Crap, Sluts in the City, or Honey Retarded Disgusting Boo. Women today have completely diseased psyches from their over-inflated egos. They think having a vjayjay makes them entitled to godly treatment.

Democracy will push women to the top? And shortly after will be the downfall of civilization.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

The thing that's so amazing is that ANY kind of feminism, regardless of whether it's militantly radical or not, can cause SUCH disconcert, worry, concern, and conspicuously defensive responses.

It's not like it's some massive majority demographic calling for the mandatory castration of males that don't comply or something. NO. Even if you get those sorts of nutters, they're in such a minority, and self marginalize themselves quite effectively enough early on, such if just ignored, they go away for lack of press, lack of attention, lack of cohesion.

It seems like any time a woman stands up and is any kind of assertive about it, there's this disproportionately defensive response. Just look at this thread and some of the things said by men. The old Natural Order of things rationalization? Actually ANY kind of defense? The fact someone felt so totally threatened they were compelled to post the OP to begin with?

What's to be so conspicuously defensive about?
A girl stands up and says "I want equal pay. Quit looking at me like a piece of meat. Quit treating me like an animal." The civilized response would be to say "Okay, here you go. Sorry about that. Can I get you some tea?"

Nope. There's this big stink. People clutter up a Twitter feed with rape threats. People make comments about getting back in the kitchen. People get disproportionately very conspicuously defensive.
Seems all a little bit dodgy no?

edit on 30-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by bates

Sometimes a militant stance is required just to bargain down to acceptable terms.
Ask for way more than you want, and when compromise time comes, you can bargain down.
It's good tactics.

Ask for equality and only equality, and all you can bargain down to is less than you really want.

Besides that, who's to measure the length and breadth of 'equality'?
Will it be a white man that say to a black man "Behold, you are now equal"?
The black man continues to be told he's equal in the USA, but, the black man might just beg to differ.

Will it be a Man that tells a Woman similar as seems to be the accepted myth?

Do we need be given, told, about our 'equality', or allowed to declare it when we actually see it as so?

edit on 29-7-2013 by Druscilla because: punctuation and elaboration.

I'll preface the direct response to this post with some stuff throughout the thread ... mainly the crap bates posted about 'men are the best at everything' ... I thoroughly do not agree with this.

The best musical artist for me, is a woman; there are several female bands at the top of my (very short) list of true musicians. There are a lot of vocalists and instrumentalists that play equally as any man.

There may be genetic physical reasons why the 'perfect' male could outperform the 'perfect' female; but on average, a woman can do any sport a man can do just as well. At Olympic level, there may be small differences; but this is an extreme, not the norm.

There have been many clever women throughout history; but quite a bit of it has been erased or downplayed. Someone could go on forever how they believe men are better at everything, but that is ignorant and misogynist.

BUT ... just because there are some who think less of women, even if they don't realize it, doesn't mean you have to become militant for equal rights. It doesn't justify asking for dominance to get equal rights. How shallow would have MLK Jr.'s dream been if it had been for superiority, not equality.

You have to remember, you are not haggling for better price on a car. You are asking for equality. That means you define it, stick to it, and don't back down until you get it; and you do not ask for inequality in the other direction. That is misandry and hypocritical. It does the fight for equality injustice and weakens the cause.

You are not at a pawn shop trying to get more for an antique. Don't treat such an important foundation of humanity like that. Men, women, every nationality, sexual preference (with people [mono & poly) of legal consent) ... every person; should be equal. It is that simple. You, your neighbor, your friend, your enemy, your family, strangers ... every single person should be equal. The human defect of desire for power and control makes that a hard concept to come to fruition; but it is the essence of what you should be fighting for. Once female equality is established, I expect the feminists to fight for anyone else's; be it gay, poly, religion, skin color, even white men if they become discriminated against. It is fair and just.

Any woman who is fighting for female superiority is not a feminist; they are a misandrist, plain and simple. They are no better than a misogynist.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

You miss the point of that first post.
I wasn't agitating for militancy. I was merely commenting on it.
Please, allow me to repeat the greater part of that post:

Who's to measure the length and breadth of 'equality'?
Will it be a white man that say to a black man "Behold, you are now equal"?
The black man continues to be told he's equal in the USA, but, the black man might just beg to differ.

Will it be a Man that tells a Woman similar as seems to be the accepted myth?

Do we need be given, told, about our 'equality', or allowed to declare it when we actually see it as so?

Additionally, what's with the whole row over getting Jane put on a bank note?
You'd think a footballer riot broke out on the internet over it.
Such a spectacle might even lead one to feel nominating Jack The Ripper to get put on a note would have been more well received.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have a thread going on currently about a reformed feminist and her current views. The topics are similar, but the question is answered by a women, with her views on how she sees things these days.

It answers a lot of the OP's questions and concerns, via an ex-feminist.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

An educated reformed feminist speaks out.

A compelling new book has surfaced recently by a highly respected woman, in her field of studies.

Dr. Helen Smith is a forensic psychologist from the University of Tennessee, has written many blogs, articles and has been a producer of documentaries, but her new claim to fame is her recently released book, "Men On Strike".
edit on 30-7-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
These women are a good example of giving some one a hand and they come back and rip your whole arm out of its socket. I'm with a strong woman an been with her seven years and counting. She has strong opinions and beliefs in reference to women rights, but at the same time she knows to play her part in the relationship. I am the man and she the woman and it is that simple.

I love that she has her own opinions and beliefs that don't always fall inline with mine but she does not try to run my life.

When it gets heated I just bring up how at least things have gotten much better for women then they have traditionally been for the bulk of our existence as a species. She can have her career and pay bills if it makes her happy.

Just never forget God created Eve from Adam's rib to be at his side... not behind Adam or ahead of Adam, but at Adam's side as one cohesive unit.

From my experience many of the ultra feminists end up lesbians anyways because not only are they're standards ridiculously high but they find out no real man is going to put up with that behavior. But this is coming from a man that does not agree with the homosexuality lifestyle as a whole to begin with. If God / Nature intended it that way then mankind would be A-sexual. At least some of us need to remain straight in order to keep humanity relevant. We also have to respect women's rights and they're right to have an opinion.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Women usually realize, single, infertile and alone at around 40 that "Feminism" doesn't help much. As a man, I refuse to put up with it. I'd rather have a happy, loving relationship with a foreign woman than put up with the "I want, I deserve, I hate all men" bull crap.

Keep thinking it's your "right" to abort your kid, hate men, and end up alone. I'll go find a REAL woman.
edit on 31-7-2013 by Schillinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

If you don't mind I would like to make an observation regarding your exchange with FreeThinker...

You said:

Sometimes a militant stance is required just to bargain down to acceptable terms. Ask for way more than you want, and when compromise time comes, you can bargain down. It's good tactics. Ask for equality and only equality, and all you can bargain down to is less than you really want.

In other words, you advocate that women take hard power long enough using whatever means are at their disposal. You said "sometimes a militant stance is required" which means you don't value negotiations, reciprocal favors, or peaceful resolutions to the supposedly prone and submissive position of women. Once you gain that power at any cost, you want to conceive some method to dictaste the terms of "equality". And you think these machinations are justified because if you only strive for egalitarian solutions you will somehow be missing out on some golden opportunity.

What you said sounds like a misguided understanding about the current status dance of women. You feel things only the way you want to feel them. You always want women to be received as the victims and men to be some potent villains despite a load of evidence to the contrary. Perhaps if you opened your mouth to voice more enlightened solutions, all the mistrust of men wouldn't be spewing everywhere. The way you are presenting things seems to be highly tainted, as opposed to the clean, pure, and satisfying solutions being offered by someone like Dr. Helen Smith.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I think what some feminists are forgetting, is that how can they be aiming for equality when the white male isn't even equal amoung his brethren.

It's a case of we're all equal but some are more equal than others.

I think these feminists don't understand this point and expect to all be as equal as the successful male, but I'm afraid men struggle in the class system of society, so where exactly do these feminists think they should have a right to fit in?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

The thing that's so amazing is that ANY kind of feminism, regardless of whether it's militantly radical or not, can cause SUCH disconcert, worry, concern, and conspicuously defensive responses.

It's not like it's some massive majority demographic calling for the mandatory castration of males that don't comply or something. NO. Even if you get those sorts of nutters, they're in such a minority, and self marginalize themselves quite effectively enough early on, such if just ignored, they go away for lack of press, lack of attention, lack of cohesion.

It seems like any time a woman stands up and is any kind of assertive about it, there's this disproportionately defensive response. Just look at this thread and some of the things said by men. The old Natural Order of things rationalization? Actually ANY kind of defense? The fact someone felt so totally threatened they were compelled to post the OP to begin with?

What's to be so conspicuously defensive about?
A girl stands up and says "I want equal pay. Quit looking at me like a piece of meat. Quit treating me like an animal." The civilized response would be to say "Okay, here you go. Sorry about that. Can I get you some tea?"

Nope. There's this big stink. People clutter up a Twitter feed with rape threats. People make comments about getting back in the kitchen. People get disproportionately very conspicuously defensive.
Seems all a little bit dodgy no?

I don't think it's conspicuously defensive at all. I personally find those types of feminists naive and annoying. This thread asked if new age feminists are going to far, I said those types are.

To me this feels like when white people deny there is racist white people, because none of the whites they know are racist. While the racist whites are a small minority, they are still problematic. Same goes for these aggressive extreme feminists. Maybe you haven't had run-in's with them, but I have, and they suck. If they are considered "new age", then new age is going to far.

If you call a girl beautiful in even the most respectful way they freak out and make it an issue. They suck. They try to shame you for seeing the beauty in another person, and the natural response it gives you.. It's unhealthy. They walk around trying to police men with their psychic vampire powers. I expect it to get worse with this new society of hyperbolic outrage and public apologies.

They really dislike men, that's the root of their issue. I've encountered them. I've seen a few on TV as well. They make lives miserable. If they win the number of scissor to ball sack attacks will sky rocket.They need to go away, and shut up, cause their way of doing feminism sucks. If they are new age, yes they go to far.

edit on 31-7-2013 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Feminism is Evil. Always was. I'd like you to meet Karen Straughan. I defy you to challenge her on ANY subject regarding feminism. This women will utterly destroy you until you've completely forgotten who the f*ck you really are.Feminism, y'all gotta own this shhhht

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

These are just interviews with Wallace and Tesla.

people.wku.edu...

www.tfcbooks.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
What a tangled web we weave.
The first man on the moon was a man.
The first man on the spoon was a man.

Its not only a mans world but a mans universe....

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I apologize for everything I said Druscilla I do like all your posts on ats.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

A reformed feminist and her current views? Gives the impression that 'her views'

are easily inter changeable?

Then again as a forensic psychologist it is only her opinion no specific or special

qualifications to come to her conclusion?

And just making a point, many people write blogs ... anyone can ... and many hoaxers

and charlatans do too ... some even give themselves 5* reviews under a pseudonyms!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by beastnwokillah

That's all very well IF you believe that 'God' created man!

A woman creates every time she gives birth!

As you believe that God created man ... who do you suggest created homosexuals?

It may be news to you but Feminists and Lesbians don't necessarily go hand in hand and

whatever gives you the idea that a Lesbian is remotely interested in 'a man putting up with

her

I have to applaud you in respecting a woman's 'rights' ... BIG OF YOU (sarcasm)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Your post would sound less aggressive and yourself more of a man/gentleman than a

militant if you just substituted the word woman/women in place of the much maligned word

'feminist'

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

A woman creates every time she gives birth!

Science may catch up with the artificial womb, and it may be invented by a Feminist lesbian.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join