It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian statue has started MOVING sparking fears it has been struck by a

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Reminds me a little bit of the Merchant Ball here where I live. They have done a number of things to keep it from spinning. from a bolt to which snapped to filling it with concrete. Nothing seems to work.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Sorry if it's been said/suggested already...

It's on a glass mount
How long have the four statues been there?
Glass is flexible to a degree...
so it could be slightly bowed.
Also the statue's base may not be exactly 100% level.
The vibrations by people, even accentuated by traffic, even wind, could contribute to the movement seen here.
The only 'kinda' strange thing is that no other statue shows these signs (that we know of), buuut...

...anyone who plays an instrument, especially electric bass, might understand
I remember playing the low 'G' on my bass and my beer glass would vibrate towards the edge of my wooden desk, whereas a coffee mug would stand still. Playing another note, only my keys would rattle.

However this is being achieved, on purpose or by luck, the museum would be silly to set it right...
if true; what a lucky accident.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
And we move closer!!! Physical proof begins to manifest now.

Isaiah 19:1 The burden of Egypt. Behold, the Lord rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nake13
reply to post by Signals

A high ferrous content in the statue, causing it to swing toward magnetic North?, Assuming that the direction to which it moves is North of course.

Yep, that's what I was thinking...magnetite in the front part of the statue. Only moves during the day where there is foot traffic. Foot traffic could allow vibration and more ability to align itself to North.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TAVG09
i have something similar that's been happening in my house for the past year. we have a 12 inch tall statue of Jesus and we always find it facing in different directions....kinda weird.

And i have an 11 inch tall statue of the Merry that is always moving her eyes when you look at her from a distance if you get close to it she would stop, i have being a little freaked out by it.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Some very very basic things they HAVE to try, and I don't think - as usual- anyone will, and those who will will not report results:

1. They need to measure exactly the angle the statue turns and see if it's the same angle every time - OR
2. See if the statue spins from wherever position to the exact position every time regardless of the starting position
3. How consistent is this movement? Did it happen just a couple times and they're failing to re-produce it? Or does happen now all the time?
4. What are all the things that fall into the direction the statue is facing in the museum, the city, and even the globe?

If you guys read more about the story and found the answer to any/all of those questions please let me know.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
It moves when people pass through the room. Each morning, it is facing the direction it was in when the lights went out the previous day. I think it is a textbook example of a modal relationship between the size, shape and weight of the object and the glass case it is in.

Certain objects in contact with other objects can resonate differently to frequencies. In this case the frequencies are being generated by the traffic in the room, transmitted to the case, transmitted to the statue.

They could easily replicate this by putting the statue on a vibration table and subjecting it to low level frequencies and harmonics and see what combinations of frequencies replicate the behavior.

edit on 24-6-2013 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
seriously only looks like it moves when a bunch of people are around could be vibrations but why didnt it move before

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

What is your theory, ATS?

Curse, sign, or explainable?

Very interesting find Signals

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Fascinating, it turns when its day and the tourists are there.
Maybe its shy?
Or the vibration from the traffic past it, makes it wobble to a more stable position?
I bet if the museum put it on a fabric sheet that'll stop it turning.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
Two obvious questions are;
Why would a "curse" wait for more than eighty years before being activated?
And why would a curse choose that way to show itself? "I'm going to wreak terrible revenge on them by turning round in a circle"- doesn't really work.

Hahaha, oh man that just killed me. But i have to agree.

Though it does look interesting, possibly a prank or something in the idol that's attracted to something magnetic? :S

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
It's scary. I don't think it's a fake.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
It moves when people pass through the room. Each morning, it is facing the direction it was in when the lights went out the previous day. I think it is a textbook example of a modal relationship between the size, shape and weight of the object and the glass case it is in.

Certain objects in contact with other objects can resonate differently to frequencies. In this case the frequencies are being generated by the traffic in the room, transmitted to the case, transmitted to the statue.

They could easily replicate this by putting the statue on a vibration table and subjecting it to low level frequencies and harmonics and see what combinations of frequencies replicate the behavior.

edit on 24-6-2013 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

Resonance does not create the torque needed to twist the statuette a full 180 degrees. If the glass base is not horizontal, any vibration would make it slide along in a line. But it does not slide. It just rotates. Vibration in resonance plus an uneven surface cannot explain the rotation.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

But isn't visiting the museum free in the UK ? Ino it is over here in ireland so how would he benefit from getting more guests?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I've watched the video plenty of times now, as close to frame by frame as I can and in fact it does continue to move after the museum is closed and into darkness, albeit not long after darkness but still enough to determine it's not just the foot traffic that might be causing the effect.

Now considering the idol is taller than the others in the case it could be logical to assume it is therefore more prone to be affected by vibration on a glass shelf. However it begs to question what has changed in the local area in recent times to cause the statue to start reacting to vibration in this way after its sat in the same spot for up to 80 years without any such movement.

The only nearby structure/place that seems likely to cause a shift in vibration to occur is the subway running beneath the museum. However! If such was the case then the subway continues to run well after dark so we would continue to see the effect and we don't. This would also discount the idea that traffic outside is causing the vibration.

Sound is a potential culprit. Harmonic resonance might be causing the statue to begin to move as its set up through the case itself. Now....if the music in the museum has changed that it may be the cause. It might explain why its only started happening since a certain time recently. It would also explain why it stops a little after dark when everything's switched off and starts a little before opening when everything's switched on.

And of course as pointed out already a faulty light transformer could be setting up a resonance that could potentially cause it as well. I have seen this happen before where the transformer inside a wall unit was touching the wood of the back of the unit and causing items on a glass shelf to slowly creep forward and fall off the shelf.

However in saying that everything on the shelf was falling off eventually, the taller items fell first! In this case it is one statue albeit the tallest one with a higher centre of gravity so it might be enough to affect it but not the others. But then why does it only turn on the spot? That doesn't make sense to me.

Or....it could be something more interesting...

From what I can figure from the videos the statue rotates away from roughly 330 degrees northwest to about 160 degrees southeast which has it facing down towards London. (Don't quote me on that though!) Is it warning London that trouble from the Middle east is brewing for it? Guess that's a gimme.. You could make up anything you wanted to I guess. Unless it opens its mouth and speaks we could go on guessing for years.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psych3d3licPsych3
reply to post by Ramcheck

But isn't visiting the museum free in the UK ? Ino it is over here in ireland so how would he benefit from getting more guests?

The Manchester museum is free, but:

The Ancient Worlds galleries are supported by the National Lottery through the Heritage Lottery Fund, The Garfield Weston Foundation, The Monument Trust, The Headley Trust, The Stavros Niarchos Foundation, The Foundation for Sport and the Arts, The Barker Foundation, The Charlotte Bonham-Carter Charitable Trust, Manchester Ancient Egypt Society and by the exhibition Tutankhamun-His Tomb And His Treasures.

Source

If an exhibit isn't popular, it's typically pulled by the people funding it. That, and there is a gift shop and restaurant where people can spend money.

On topic though, receivers come pretty small these days and the base looks thick enough to where someone could have bored out a hole big enough to put one in to control the movements remotely. That would explain why all this is happening now and not at any other point in the past. That, and the piece is in a new exhibit where the curators would want to see more traffic. More traffic, more funding, etc......

Just a thought.

edit on 24-6-2013 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I think it is vibration from the traffic which is causing it to move coupled with an uneven base of weight distribution, much in the same way that a washing machine can walk across the floor when it is on spin mode.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

LOL . .. . . Some tourist trap

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

My thoughts exactly.. An examination of the base and a meter to measure vibration during open hours, should solve the mystery. I don't believe it's super natural or all statues of the same "deity" would move. I also don't believe it's the LORD of the bible ether, or else all idols would be moved.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Interesting story, many believe this is caused by vibrations on the glass shelf (including Brian Cox), caused by visitors walking close to it.

Also interesting that it is turning a full 180 degrees, then, it stops turning, and none of the other statues are moving.....

Here's a video clip:

What is your theory, ATS?

Curse, sign, or explainable?

www.dailymail.co .uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-6-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

It only moves when the people are present, and stops moving at night. Vibrations and a slightly convex base.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join