It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian statue has started MOVING sparking fears it has been struck by a

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I have seen vibrations do this sort of thing, even suddenly starting months or years later for who knows what cause, maybe the building settling, ground drying do to less moisture, lots of simple things can effect the harmonics of a structure in ways that are never intended or easily understood. I've also seen demonic activity do similar things, but demonic activity has in my experience always much more dramatic than taking 24 hours to turn a 5lb statue 180 degrees. I am anticipating that we are about to enter into a time period were demonic activity will suddenly become constant occurrences effecting everyone on this planet. I hope I'm not here when this happens, but it's not really my decision.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If the base of that statue isnt completely flat, it could be that vibration from street traffic could be making it spin. Notice its a time lapse film. It might be moving a bit every time a big truck or car drives by on the street, only a few microns every time but over a period of hours you could get the result they are seeing. I would put a vibration sensor on the stand and see if that is in fact what is happening. Or its the undead spirit of the pharaoh.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
At one hundred and eighty degrees it must be turning to a certain direction.

It's a compass.

edit on 23-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Its aliens.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
You need to look at the video again!!!
It is the SUN !
at 6:50am the first and 3'rd morning it starts moving.
people only come it at 9pm.
its turning away from the sun?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
If the base of that statue isnt completely flat...

Back on page 6 of this thread there was a.link to the museum's blog, which clearly nobody stopped to read, so I'll summarise some points here:

- although the statue has been in the museum's collection since 1933, the new "Ancient Worlds gallery" that it sits in now was only opened in late 2012.
- the statue did not move, when it was in the original Egyptian Afterlife gallery.
- it was first noticed to move many months back. The blog posting is from February, and for me it looks like the statue has been moving basically ever since it was put in the new gallery.
- a comment on the blog from Karen Brackenridge, the Visitor Services Assistant at the museum, says:

... the base to me appears not flat.

- there is also a blog update.

And the "prayer" on the back “An offering which the king gives to Osiris.." etc... is a standard ordinary basic prayer that was written for just about anybody who ever dies in Ancient Egypt and could afford to have something written.
link

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Maybe Osiris is coming back
and he will be landing in the direction
that the statue turned.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Its either an Omen or an Sign.

Thankfully that Ancient Egyptian statue is not the god of afterlife its the midnight god i believe, Anubis is the god of death.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Good point to. Maybe the gods were real once before in the past as much they were in Greece Hunch all the damaged Zeus Temple ruins must have being quite a battle long before eh?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It's like an old electric football game with Osiris as a player. The base only touches in a couple of places because it's not flat, it's low friction hard stone against glass, and some vibration in the glass is making it spin. A piece of felt or double sticky tape and the Osiris caper would come to a swift end.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
People say "of course it's moving, the base is not flat," as if this is a common occurrence. However, many things in a museum do not have a flat base. I'd venture that most of them don't! And many sit on glass shelves. How many other pieces rotate 180 degrees? Why only 180 degrees? How many times have you heard about this sort of thing in the past? Ever? Unless the shelf itself was tilted slightly, it should continue spinning every day. Also, if you've noticed uneven items vibrating around on a shelf, you'll often note they move one way.. back the other way a bit.. then the other way again, etc. This only goes one direction.. only moves to a certain point.. and then it stops.

I don't think you can easily say "uneven base.. must be vibrations." Because that sort of thing must be true -most- of the time. And in museums with a lot more foot traffic. And you don't hear about mysteriously rotating pieces.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck

Originally posted by DISRAELI
PS "Campbell is urging members of the public to come along and see for themselves".
Playing up the "spiritual" angle attracts curious visitors to the museum. The object of the exercise?

Agreed, it's most probably just a PR stunt by the museum to get more visitors in.

These objects and the other 80% of all Egyptian artefacts that are now in UK museums should be sent back to Egypt with a letter of apology.

As long as I have advance notice of it happening so that I can well everything i own to load up on futures options on transportation and package delivery stocks, i'm all for it. Every nation in posession of objects taken from another nation at any point in history must return them to their nation of origin (those objects taken without consent, that is.) i'll venture a guess that with the world's most impressive mega-project ever, I coukd turn every do,lar invested into a minimum of $1,000!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It's either a phenomena or something very suspicious.
edit on 23-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I doubt the 180 degree statement was intended to imply eerie accuracy in the amount of rotation.

Also my old electric football set set used to move figurines all over overusing vibration and irregularly shaped bases, I never saw it as a sign that Joe Montana was possessing it.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I had one of those also. I could never convince my defense to Blitz.
And my QB was always running the wrong way.

Coward !

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Vibration seems to be the obvious answer due to the fact it doesn't move when the museums closed but at times it seems like it moves during the day even when there is nobody there. I can't play it in slower motion right now however to properly confirm that. Also you have to ask why this has only happened recently. First things that come to mind are if there were any recent additions to that area which could have had a mechanical effect on the environment in regards to vibration. The statue may of just been moved there recently too, maybe that's why it's at a strange angle from the start? All the others are parallel in direction to each other.

I've lived in Manchester for a few years and that road has barely any traffic past 6 or 7pm in comparison to 8-14pm yet the movement of the statues seems to stay fairly constant throughout the opening hours. The fact it's only that statue moving could be due to the fact that the vibration frequency caused by the combination of people walking/traffic/whatever for that day matched the resonant frequency of that statue (a product of it's unique geometry and physical properties) which caused the vibration and subsequent movement. This would make sense if the statue was just moved there and there was a slight incline (otherwise I'd expect the movement would of not been perfectly circular like that regardless of surface friction e.t.c but more random/chaotic) There's problems with the incline idea though...

If it's a complete horizontal incline (length of glass) you'd expect the statue to keep rotating past 180. If it was a complete vertical incline it should of stopped before 180. If it is a diagonal incline the other statues would of shown movement from the glass vibrating in general. If it was an incline only in the area of that statue the lighting and reflection of the glass would of shown some sort of distortion there.

#, I've just left myself with no explanation

My guess though would be [recent addition to museum area/statue just moved there] caused statue to experience resonance from the combined local frequencies and vibrate significantly, and with the addition of some other physical factors caused the movement.

Orrr it could just be a stunt to 'make people think logically before they jump to supernatural reasons' or some crap.

Edit; Then again, if the curator genuinely called in Brian Cox for explanation and thinks there might be a spiritual cause then I doubt it's a hoax at heart, and it being used for publicity is probably an after thought.
edit on 23-6-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
There can be only one explanation for this...

ALIENS!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Wouldn't the first step in investigation require switching the statues around? That's what I would do.
edit on 24-6-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
i have something similar that's been happening in my house for the past year. we have a 12 inch tall statue of Jesus and we always find it facing in different directions....kinda weird.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

Your reply was very enlightening and I completely agree with you about everything you said (as vague as that statement is lol). I can take criticism and use it constructively so I definitely appreciate it. After all, aren't we all here to become a better person for each others' sake?

You stated, " But still, we need to take pattern and frequency into our judgements of things." This is precisely what I was doing by stating the angle measure of the 2 points on the globe. Being that it is a statue of Osiris, I thought it only appropriate to measure it to Giza due to the calculations and mathematics that can be seen mirrored all over the Earth by the Giza Plateau. www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

The Golden Ratio is a beautiful thing (literally and figuratively) so I figured it only rational to try using it as a divisor to see if it worked and it did. I am not saying that the arbitrary points and the corresponding angle measure has any significance; just merely bringing it to light (as you have brought the fallacies of my method to light, of which I'm grateful).

I'm quite engrained in the scientific method and it's modus operandi. As a biology and chemistry dual-major, I have repeated said method time and time again. It's for that reason that I like to look beyond the "Occam's Razor" reasoning, approach the explanation from all angles, then (most of the time) revert back to the "Occam's Razor" reasoning. I guess you could look at it as the scientific method that has taken a step out of the box. When examining this statue and it's movements, for example, I learned more than if I had simply approached it from a purely scientific and logical viewpoint. I guess I'm guilty of the acquisition of knowledge lol

I see your point as to how Manchester is an insignificant location for this application but I was looking at it from a bigger picture. I know that the British Isles have significance (Stonehenge, Avebury Hill, Silbury Hill, etc.) due to their ancient monuments (see above link). I was just, once again, thinking outside of the box. Some would say I was fishing for a relation however sometimes fishing can prove productive

Thank you once again!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join