It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian statue has started MOVING sparking fears it has been struck by a

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
These are bad "omens".

Statues do not move on its own. However their are forces that people do not understand.

There are omens occurring foretelling events that includes massive destruction in the UK.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
I think the engineer who commented on the article nailed it...

There are vibrations in the glass most likely from an old magnetic ballast in the fluorescent lighting built into the case, which hum and vibrate as the bulb begins to go bad. The statue only turns when the lighting is on, reinforcing this explanation. Assuming there is a slight angle towards the back of the case, it is sensible that the pivot point under the the body of the statue would have a greater influence over the vibration of the significantly less massive rotational component of the base which would have a significantly greater amplitude of longitudinal vibration. The smaller statues would not be similarly affected because of the far less significant mass at the pivot point and therefore have a more uniform vibration response. I am a computer engineering student at Drexel University in Philadelphia.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

so a fluorescent light bulb is turning probably a 100+ lbs statue. mhm yeh. bs. i think it's the sun. the way this statue was created along with the sun changes

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

There are vibrations in the glass most likely from an old magnetic ballast in the fluorescent lighting built into the case, which hum and vibrate as the bulb begins to go bad. The statue only turns when the lighting is on, reinforcing this explanation. Assuming there is a slight angle towards the back of the case, it is sensible that the pivot point under the the body of the statue would have a greater influence over the vibration of the significantly less massive rotational component of the base which would have a significantly greater amplitude of longitudinal vibration. The smaller statues would not be similarly affected because of the far less significant mass at the pivot point and therefore have a more uniform vibration response. I am a computer engineering student at Drexel University in Philadelphia.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Logical and would explain the 3 biggest points:

1) Why the other statues aren't moving (their weight and composition causes the frequency of the ballast to have no affect on them)

2) Why after 80 years of being in the museum it had not done that before

3) How could people casually walking without earthquaking footsteps cause this movement

Good find!!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

This explanation is the best so far, in that it's vibrations from a recent malfunction/property of the fluorescent light that's only on during the day. That plus a small imperfection in the base of the statue causes it to turn toward the slant, and that's the only statue with the right imperfection and weight distribution.

But if one wanted to go the weird direction, then maybe it just started now after 80 years because of the strange resonance that creates infra-sound from the interaction of Ra, the sun, and the sunlit side of the Earth because of the increasing cosmic energy resulting from the ramp up to the Earth changes coming...

Or the vibrations are caused by the new U.S. superweapon beaming from the states to Russia and this statue happens to be in the way of its narrow directed beam...

Or it could be vibrations from underground DUMB drilling and construction and they only work during the days to avoid paying overtime to the workers.

But I bet it's a periodic, daytime vibration that just started recently, at any rate. Heh.
edit on 6/23/2013 by Baddogma because: more snark

edit on 6/23/2013 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/23/2013 by Baddogma because: wanted more edit notes

edit on 6/23/2013 by Baddogma because: needed one more to balance the austhetics of the previous edit notes

edit on 6/23/2013 by Baddogma because: Wanted one last edit note saying I know the word aesthetics is spelled incorrectly in the previous edit notes but thought having such long seemingly obsessive compulsive edit notes is sort of funny and I guess I'm slightly bored

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

www.dailymail.co.uk...

so a fluorescent light bulb is turning probably a 100+ lbs statue. mhm yeh. bs. i think it's the sun. the way this statue was created along with the sun changes

How could something 10 inches tall weigh 100+ pounds?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

www.dailymail.co.uk...

No. The quote mentions nothing about a fluorescent light bulb moving it at all, you might want to read it again.

ps its the ballast, something like this..

edit on 23/6/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
viral marketing. Just like cryptozoology. Bring in the customers.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Very interesting! Should be noted:

The first day, it moves -before- people start walking by it. The second day, it doesn't move until -after- people have started walking by it. If it were traffic.. wouldn't it have moved on the second day? If it were people.. wouldn't have moved the other day when people were walking by? It has exhibited behavior that would sort of rule out both. Which would mean something else if it were vibrations. Like say.. air conditioning. Or something else that might cause vibrations at odd times. They often turn off AC during the night, for example.

But also odd is that it does not move past 180 degrees - there is an Egyptian prayer behind it. It is almost as if it faces it and there is stays. While I'm sure there is a sound logical explanation.. it's still fun to theorize. I'm sure if they really wanted to, they could easily find if there where a scientific reason behind it. Doesn't take much to put it on a different surface for example.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

First thing I noticed, lights off, all stops. Funny enough, I thought it might be a newish system with LED'S. They do something similar with age, there's an article on that somewhere. In the case of LED's is in the imperfections in manufacture or rather, the inability to make them perfectly. Possibly because of the way modulation is introduced possibly causing vibration. It's not Ghosties!
edit on 23-6-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
THE MUSEUM IS ABOUT TO BE BURGLARIZED.

Someone is working beneath the mueseum. The curator should be on his toes because if
there are items worth a large amount of money on the black market there and with-in.
someone may be tunneling underneath at night. Their using some equipment that is causing
a uniform vibration ( air compressor ) for only a certain amount of time, on an ongoing nightly basis.
e.g.say four hours of vibration = one hundred and eighty degrees of spin for that particular statue.
In that particular position, on the glass, in the museum.
Just like a clock.

Get hold of the curator and warn him.

On second thought it's HAARP.
edit on 23-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

notice it only turned during heavy foot traffic..none at night or when there were less visitors. it needed enough people walking by it on the wooden floor to create a heavy enough vibration to move it.
edit on 23-6-2013 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The video was made in three days in April 2013. Yes the statue does turn mostly during the daylight and vibrations could be influencing it's motion.

Looking up the astrological chart of those days there was a conjunction of Mars, Venus, and the Sun over that time zone for the three days of motion. The Egyptians did orient nearly everything they had on land according to the sky, and their statues would have been a part of that placement. The statue was just harmonizing with the universe, and the whole museum is off balance. If the statue were more grounded it might not spin so much.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
why dont they just move the piece to another location in the museum and see what happens

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
THE MUSEUM IS ABOUT TO BE BURGLARIZED.

Someone is working beneath the mueseum. The curator should be on his toes because if
there are items worth a large amount of money on the black market there and with-in.
someone may be tunneling underneath at night. Their using some equipment that is causing
a uniform vibration ( air compressor ) for only a certain amount of time, on an ongoing nightly basis.
e.g.say four hours of vibration = one hundred and eighty degrees of spin for that particular statue.
In that particular position, on the glass, in the museum.
Just like a clock.

Get hold of the curator and warn him.

On second thought it's HAARP.

The only thing working and making vibration under the Ahem, museum is likely to be a mouse walking along the hot pipes, stopping every second or so, (modulation) to blow on the mousepersons feet.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

why dont they just move the piece to another location in the museum and see what happens

Exactly, if the spinning object bothers you ?
Move it, glue it, weld it, nail it or screw it to the glass. Dumbass.

SnF for the OP !

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It only moved when people where walking by (time lapse vid), if it doesn't sit perfectly flat ( the base has a slight concave) of course it's going to move.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I'd definitely agree with the floor vibrations causing it to turn slowly. If you watch the video, you can see that it only moves when people are walking past or near it. I'm guessing this happens because back in the time when it was made, it would have been very hard to make the bottom of it exactly flat. Almost impossible, I'd say. So this would make the bottom uneven in one way or another, and the vibrations of many people walking on timber floors could be enough to make it slightly wobble and change positions over time.
edit on 23-6-2013 by FunktheNWO because: Spelling mistake

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by litlirishone

With all due respect, the pure true reason as to why or how the statue is moving is one that no one knows;

Sorry if my comment "shoddy reasoning" came off as a personal attack. I say it with as much kindness and respect as the comment could possibly retain.

This is my reasoning: Between a supernatural and natural reason is the question of probability. Logic dictates that what occurs most frequently is the best explanation. If 9 times out of 10 I catch a ball. If you were to lay any bets, you would bet that I would catch my next ball. Same here. If strange occurrences like this happen, there's a higher frequency that there's a perfectly natural explanation. This does not necessarily mean that it is always the case, there may indeed be instances of genuine supernatural explanations (I've personally seen things that are scientifically inexplicable according to the current scientific paradigm). But still, we need to take pattern and frequency into our judgements of things. I want to test more natural explanations before I consider any supernatural ones. I think this is a strong scientific method.

100(2Φ) = 323.60679

You've simply measured the distance and angle between UofM and Egypt. Is there something supernaturally special about this? Are you saying, it couldn't have happened in London, or Lisbon, or Barcelona? Is there something uniquely occult about the angle and distance between two arbitrary points on a map? One of which isn't entirely special (manchester)?

Have you ever heard the phrase, correlation is not causation? You need to internalize this concept as it is a backbone of logical thinking. I'm not saying it is the be all end all - I'm not saying it should dictate everything we can know or understand about reality - but here, it is entirely appropriate to take into regard. Why are you even making something of two arbitrary points on a map? Golden ratio?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Glass shelf and Glass case touching the wall and floor. Statue only turns during business hours. Some vibration from an AC or fan motor behind the wall or under the floor resonates with that object, but only while the place is open. It stopped because the base became blocked by something in the case.

Iv'e come home from shopping and put a gallon jug of milk on the roof or trunk of the car while unloading groceries and it starts to "walk" off the roof. Or when a you spin a coin and just before it settles it "buzzes" to a stop but keeps moving until it does.

What about all these resonant studies they do with a metal plate and sand grains? Something makes that statue buzz...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think I'd go with the mundane theory of vibration and one hard surface (possibly uneven) sitting on another.

If it's enough of a problem it's nothing that a cheap piece of felt couldn't solve. (That works well enough with glassware and ceramics that sits on mom's shelves which had a tendency to shift a little over time. Things like people walking by on floors that give a little, and bumping the shelving unit while vacuuming or whatever...)

Or they could keep drumming it up as some curse story for extra publicity.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join