It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian statue has started MOVING sparking fears it has been struck by a

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Ancient Egyptian statue has started MOVING sparking fears it has been struck by a

www.dailymail.co .uk

The 10-inch tall relic, an offering to the Egyptian God Osiris, was found in a mummy's tomb and has been at the Manchester Museum for 80 years.

But in recent weeks, curators have been left scratching their heads after they kept finding it facing the wrong way. They now believe there could be a 'spiritual explanation' for the turning statue.

It is believed that there is a curse of the pharaohs which strikes anyone who dares to take relics from a pyramid tomb.

Experts decided to monitor the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Interesting story, many believe this is caused by vibrations on the glass shelf (including Brian Cox), caused by visitors walking close to it.

Also interesting that it is turning a full 180 degrees, then, it stops turning, and none of the other statues are moving.....

Here's a video clip:

What is your theory, ATS?

Curse, sign, or explainable?

www.dailymail.co .uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-6-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
either janitor or night security guard playing prank .. turning the statue around ..

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

A high ferrous content in the statue, causing it to swing toward magnetic North?, Assuming that the direction to which it moves is North of course.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I'm wondering what is its official heading its facing... maybe something worth wile in that direction...?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nake13

Magnetic pole shift in progress?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
It only seems to move when people are walking past it or at least are near it.

I don't know it that affects it, its certainly is not affecting any other of the statues.

+27 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

It is believed that there is a curse of the pharaohs which strikes anyone who dares to take relics from a pyramid tomb

Were the Pyramids tombs?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nake13

That would be almost preposterous, it would be a documented minute phenomena for centuries since man started using ferrous metal, and obviously it isn't, only maybe if the statue was absolutely ferromagnetic could your idea be feasible...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Doesnt even move at night. Only moves when people are walking by during the day and it moves VERY slowly... Why not a ghost"" just throw it off the shelf.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Two obvious questions are;
Why would a "curse" wait for more than eighty years before being activated?
And why would a curse choose that way to show itself? "I'm going to wreak terrible revenge on them by turning round in a circle"- doesn't really work.

link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

touche'

link   
reply to post by Signals

How cool is that!??!!!

The vid only shows it moving once, however it DID move. Vid didn't show that it turned around 'every time' it was righted. And who is "righting" it? Who is there overnight in the museum?

Daily Mail is a tabloid, but I'll look further into this. Very interesting!!
Glass vibration or magnetic pull?
Either one seems possible. Pharoah's curse? I dunno *scratches head* could be, I guess.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by nake13
reply to post by Signals

A high ferrous content in the statue, causing it to swing toward magnetic North?, Assuming that the direction to which it moves is North of course.

good idea, but if it had enough ferric material to become polarized it would be too heavy to turn on it's own.

it isn't someone at night, because it doesn't turn at all during the night. that appears to be a full time lapse video (no doubt all the cases are under 24 hr surveillance), so if it is a person tampering with it the person who released the sped up video would know it wasn't real.

it may be vibrations causing it, but if that is true, there should be examples of this happening at other museums.

edit on 23-6-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
PS "Campbell is urging members of the public to come along and see for themselves".
Playing up the "spiritual" angle attracts curious visitors to the museum. The object of the exercise?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Seeing as it seems to have started moving before any people were going by it, at one point, I'm going to guess it is more likely road traffic vibration causing the movement. What's annoying is, it was noticed in May and they don't appear to have done any further experimentation whatsoever to solve the mystery before letting the public at it.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I guess Cox is right. The base is probably uneven, which gives it a movement bias when people walking past.

This is my local museum actually, and this is a great story - "God of Death Turns Back on Manchester" - even if it likely has a less exciting explanation.

Hopefully it'll inspire people to visit the museum - it's quite a good collection.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
i see a possible artifact. look at the timer during the day. the last two digits fluctuate periodically during the day, yet during the WHOLE night, it stays perfectly on 23 until the very end of the video, where it switches to :30 and stays there during the night, but still fluctuates during the day.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
So far there are only a couple of poster who posted the same observation i have seen on the video, that it seems to only move during opening hours and where people are about and moving as well which i guess explains that it only moves where there are lots of activity around it.
I'm wondering if most who commented are seeing another video...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
PS "Campbell is urging members of the public to come along and see for themselves".
Playing up the "spiritual" angle attracts curious visitors to the museum. The object of the exercise?

Agreed, it's most probably just a PR stunt by the museum to get more visitors in.

These objects and the other 80% of all Egyptian artefacts that are now in UK museums should be sent back to Egypt with a letter of apology.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join