It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian statue has started MOVING sparking fears it has been struck by a

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

There's obviously a specific connection to vibration here. It's only moving during the day, when people are passing.

There needs to be filming of this during a daytime when the building or area is closed. If it still moves on camera without Human traffic passing nearby, that could be ruled out.

Of course, it could also be vibration from movement outside on the road, with passing traffic.

It could also be related to the temperature of the room and the object, with heating/air-con inside on a timer for visitors.

If it really does stop once it has fully turned, I would suggest that the surface it's on has a very slight incline, and that one side of the statue is heavier than the other. This would cause a gradual turning so that the heavier face of the object is facing the gravitational pull of the lower side of the surface, and all it would take is vibrations with enough force to move it a fraction of a millimeter in succession.

I'm with Mr. Cox on this one. There's vibration somewhere - either from Human traffic or vehicles outside - possibly working with a temperature change too, and a weight imbalance, causing it to move.

Edited to add - only after all of these things are ruled out would I actually start contemplating more surreal explanations. Jumping to "ghosts" and "curses" without thoroughly investigating all the rational explanations is just stupid.
edit on 23-6-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
the fact that it only moves during museum opening hours favours the vibration explaination

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck

Originally posted by DISRAELI
PS "Campbell is urging members of the public to come along and see for themselves".
Playing up the "spiritual" angle attracts curious visitors to the museum. The object of the exercise?

Agreed, it's most probably just a PR stunt by the museum to get more visitors in.

They've been a bit slow getting their-money spinning scheme moving then, seeing as they've had the video evidence since last month.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

PS "Campbell is urging members of the public to come along and see for themselves".
Playing up the "spiritual" angle attracts curious visitors to the museum. The object of the exercise?

Agreed, it's most probably just a PR stunt by the museum to get more visitors in.

They've been a bit slow getting their-money spinning scheme moving then, seeing as they've had the video evidence since last month.

It could have taken them that long to edit it. Like those fake Woolwich attack videos that came out days after the event. Maybe I'm just being over-sceptical, but it just seems like another 'Nessy' to me.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Oh, now this is so cool. It could of course, just be a trick of some mischievous curators, but so neat if it wasn't. I would like to say it is possibly the magic of sound frequencies, which is a cool phenomina unto itself. For instance, check out how sand seems to have some enhanced mental abilities, as it changes into complicated, and beautiful patterns just by using different sound frequencies.

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Just for info, the museum is free to visit. Donations are welcome though.

As I say, it probably is a vibration based thing - but it's a cool story, so no sense letting it go to waste. It's only a bit of fun*.

*unless Osiris is planning on smiting us all, of course.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Watch carefully. It starts moving when sunlight hits it. I may be missing something because of the time lapse, but it moves early in the morning when the sun comes up, but no people have come in yet.
ETA: It may also involve the vibration of street traffic passing by.
edit on 23-6-2013 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

That's pretty quick! They've managed to get media attention in this story within a month!? Kudos to them.

You can tell that the "spokesman" for the museum is making this into a good publicity opportunity. He's even willing to discredit himself a little and ignore science (for an educated man with an interest in ancient history this is pretty funny) in favor of the "curse" or "spooky" explanation.

You'd have thought that such an educated man would be able to think rationally and make an effort to remove all possible reasonable explanations before leaping to the extraordinary!

Either way, REAL scientists and REAL logical thinkers would remove all the more plausible explanations before jumping to these irrational theories. There are a lot of rational explanations to go through, but I'm guessing the museum won't want that too much, at least not before they've milked this and made some money. And there will of course always be people on ATS who would rather believe that there's something supernatural going on here, completely ignoring the basic scientific explanations.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingIcarus
Just for info, the museum is free to visit. Donations are welcome though.

While this does change things a little, it's not by much. Funding has to come from somewhere, so a museum like this always has to have visitors, otherwise it becomes defunct and the funding dries up.

Whether people are paying as they come through, or they're funded by other means to remain free, they have to have visitors coming through in order to justify staying open.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

It's a university owned museum. My partner did Forensic Egyptology at the uni and the collection that this statue is part of are simply on display when not being used for research.

To be honest, I don't think there's any real mystery. I think the curators just noticed a little quirk in a display, decided to investigate it and realised they had a fun story to gain a little publicity with. I don't think it's anything more than that. Prof Brian Cox lectures at the uni too, hence him being asked.

I much prefer the idea that Osiris is moving the object, of course, but I suspect he isn't.

edit on 23-6-2013 by KingIcarus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
maybe it's just a shy statue and can't face the public...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Pharaoh: - "I'll show them!.."

(Turns statue around.)

Well played, pharaoh...
well played indeed.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I wonder if it is facing towards anything in particular when it stops turning. Would be pretty creepy if it was turning to face the tomb from which it was removed.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I agree that it is probably vibration or differential friction as said in the article.

Serpentine is a stone with a harness factor of 6.5 and glass approx 5-5.5 based on the The Mohs scale.

Its possible that over time the two create an unevenness in the glass. Or what if the the only person who has a key, late at night polishes the surfaces on the two to create a more noticeable affect. It sounds like a good way to get attention so more people will come visit.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MConnalley

Not necessarily, a high enough ferrous content combined with a surface with a low friction co-efficient(like some types of glass) could quite feasibly generate movement.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nake13

Only if the statue's magnetized. Me, I'd apply some double sticky tape and the curse would get its quietus.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
i wonder what direction it turns, east/west etc..
2nd line

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
They could try putting it in a different location within the same cabinet and observe, or put a piece of felt under it to absorb vibration or make up for any surface to surface imperfections.
They could try putting it in another location within the building and observe it.

I believe that the people being around it is a red herring and not a factor at all. If the museum has any holidays where it is closed, perhaps they could observe it via camera then.

It spins in a circle, not sure if it is turning around an axis with precision to never leave the spot it is in but if so, that would probably mean that the middle of the bottom has a slight point to it. Maybe lay a machinists straight edge across it and look for imperfections.

Does it always track in the same direction? Wouldn't people cause a more random movement depending on the force, direction and proximity with which they walk?

Does the direction that it rotates follow the sunlight or darkness, maybe the statue wants to be in the dark, that may explain it not moving at night

Who knows, it could be tracking a mother ship or some other event. Perhaps someone should check for signs of abnormal activity around the pyramids, especially the Sphinx, maybe that passageway under it is starting to open.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by evc1shop
They could try putting it in a different location within the same cabinet and observe, or put a piece of felt under it to absorb vibration or make up for any surface to surface imperfections.
They could try putting it in another location within the building and observe it.

I believe that the people being around it is a red herring and not a factor at all. If the museum has any holidays where it is closed, perhaps they could observe it via camera then.

It spins in a circle, not sure if it is turning around an axis with precision to never leave the spot it is in but if so, that would probably mean that the middle of the bottom has a slight point to it. Maybe lay a machinists straight edge across it and look for imperfections.

Does it always track in the same direction? Wouldn't people cause a more random movement depending on the force, direction and proximity with which they walk?

Does the direction that it rotates follow the sunlight or darkness, maybe the statue wants to be in the dark, that may explain it not moving at night

Who knows, it could be tracking a mother ship or some other event. Perhaps someone should check for signs of abnormal activity around the pyramids, especially the Sphinx, maybe that passageway under it is starting to open.

Agreed, if they really have something to show us then show us the same thing happening on multiple surfaces.

Generally, free museums in the UK are open 351 days of the year so I would understand if that's not possible. However, filming it in another room in the same cabinet surely isn't out of the question.

If, as we're told that it stops moving in the dark, then how did it end up back at it's original position in the morning? That's the first question I'd be asking them.

It's not tracking a mother ship, that's the one thing that I can guarantee you.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Fail. First of a double post.
edit on 23-6-2013 by TrueBrit because: Double flipping post for flips sake!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join