It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian statue has started MOVING sparking fears it has been struck by a

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Clearly only moving due to vibration of vistiors and the uneven base of the statue. You can see the degree of motion lessen with the drop in visitor traffic. Also, it does not move at night when there are no people...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

Look at the timestamp on the top of the video. The Museum does not open until 10:00 am

www.museum.manchester.ac.uk...

I put the video into VLC and ran it forwards frame by frame. It was the only way I could slow it down. I am trying to edit out that piece of the clip and slow it down...but I am not having much luck with this new software.

There is a period on April 4th between 05:00 and 08:00 before the museum opens that there is significant movement

.....still hoping for an expert video editor out there somewhere.
edit on 24-6-2013 by miner49r because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2013 by miner49r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by miner49r

Look at the timestamp on the top of the video. The Museum does not open until 10:00 am

www.museum.manchester.ac.uk...

I put the video into VLC and ran it forwards frame by frame. It was the only way I could slow it down. I am trying to edit out that piece of the clip and slow it down...but I am not having much luck with this new software.

.....still hoping for an expert video editor out there somewhere.

I saw that you said that, but just because it's not open doesn't mean people aren't there... maybe janitors or employees arriving early to prepare for the day, stuff like that. Until it's slowed down I can't be sure of anything, just giving my opinion.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Skepticism is cool...it is how we filter out what is and what is not.

I wish I could figure out this editing software...I am flailing here.

But I seen it move before opening

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by miner49r

Unfortunately I'm on my kindle right now and don't have access to my pc, or I would try to slow it down myself. The fact that it doesn't move at night is all I really have to go by right now, cause with the speed of the video you can't really tell when people start walking by. It might be moving before opening, but without slowing it down we can't be sure that there aren't employees still there walking around nearby. Interesting video for sure, interested to see what you can come up with when you get that software figured out.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
change its location and put another similar statue in the same place, if it continues, then somethings up.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It turns to face the soul of the one whom shall soon return to it, where it should be when his body passes.

They need to leave it alone to face the direction in which it needs to.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
1) It's the Daily Mail - which automatically makes it trash.

2) It's probably a puff piece for the museum, getting Summer ticket sales up in advance.

3) 10 inches - this is more a figurine not a statue, it's hardly a difficult task to turn it.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BornOfSin
It turns to face the soul of the one whom shall soon return to it, where it should be when his body passes.

They need to leave it alone to face the direction in which it needs to.

That's pretty deep for a inanimate object. Interesting theory though.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

well if this is the same place im looking at on the maps zoom in ..

google maps

then call the subway authority and tell them they probably have a loose piece of track that is causing subsonic vibrations .

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

well if this is the same place im looking at on the maps zoom in ..

google maps

then call the subway authority and tell them they probably have a loose piece of track that is causing subsonic vibrations .

.do the subways only run when people are in the museum? Seems unlikely

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

reply to post by R0CR13

my bad its a subway sandwich shop

hey this is odd eh ?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I know a number of people that work in Museums and they all say that statue like that would be secured with Museum wax to guard against quakes, bomb blast. ECT ECT

www.quakehold.com... .html

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
either janitor or night security guard playing prank .. turning the statue around ..

Or turning it just a little every night...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
And now that 80s song with the chorus "You spin me right round" is stuck in my head...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I swear skeptical folks always come up with the silly reason. Is it because of fear? Like when Skeptical see a ghost, they calm themself down by saying "is not real is just my mind playin trick on me"

Yall skeptical know real well, that human foot step can't turn a statue around without force. SMH you guy act like human foot step is a jack hammer or something. yall can at least come up with better explain

Here's my theory.
1. Ghost
2. Museum Hoax, after all the video is TIME LAPSE, so a lot of MISSING TIME. maybe during those missing time, someone move it inches by inches.

we need to see the whole 24 hour video to know the truth
edit on 24-6-2013 by PoorGrammar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
That's creepy and cool. First seeing it thought that, it's just moving because people are walking casing it to shift because it's asymmetrical, and that it happens during open hours when people are present. That's just the easy amused answer. More detail is needed. Such as, why now? Why all the sudden after all those years? Did the floor that the case is in settle after all these years... was the cabinet case moved? A possibly bumped case? It's admitted that it was turned backed to it's original position, so it has been handled. How much handled?

Consider looking more into the statue, of Neb-Senu, (possible)date to 1800 B.C., history as well.
edit on 24-6-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
it's only news worthy if the Statue was 50 ft tall and weighed 50,000 pounds. 10 inches and the Air Conditioner could move it...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrimsonGhost
reply to post by smurfy

I looked again and though it does appear to move before people are there, I think this is because the video is sped up. We don't notice the people til there's a bigger crowd zooming by, but I believe there are still people walking by when it starts moving. I could be wrong... if someone could slow the video to normal recorded speed we would know for sure.

Well since the MSM have taken the story up big time, here's a link to the BBC. The reporter goes straight for the 'people walking' idea, however they do not use the full time lapse, which is unfortunate as it is a lot clearer. At least you will now know that the cases are bolted to the wall.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Maybe a statue of Set is in display across from him,I would turn around to as not to lose my royal scepter! After the murder and dismemberment of Osiris by his brother Set (satan) the murdered God’s sister/wife/consort, Isis, managed to locate and re-assemble the scattered pieces of his body, with the exception of the phallus! Lacking the God’s original phallus, Isis fashioned a phallus from ‘gold’ and attached it to her dead husband. She was able to bring him back to life and bear their Son, Horus; thus verifying the life-giving power of the golden (solar) phallus

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join