It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Converted A Catholic To Atheism

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

They are dead, only faith is eternal.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Unless they were born again! Hope springs eternal, not faith.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

If you say so.

Tell us how you really feel about reincarnation being taught by early church fathers.

Sorry if history is inconvenient for you.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by AfterInfinity

To be honest with you, I don't think it's possible to convert anyone to atheism.
Those who lack faith never really had any to begin with.
You only solidified what he already believed or wanted to believe down deep in his heart.

You are correct Deetermined, you cant convert something to something that has no basis for existance in the first place (atheists do not believe in God, yet they have to base this disbelief upon something and if not God what is it THE DISBELIEF). Atheists DISTRUST GOD and in that distrust will/do create negativity. As you say how can you have faith in something OTHER THAN WHAT EXISTS. No faith, no belief system. You cant convert someone to believe in something that does NOT EXIST unless its formless and empty. Who would want to go there, not me for any kind of vacation funster time. LETS GO TO the island of Atheists, what would they be advertising as the best part of the experience, HUMM...
edit on 16-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neilarm
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It's really not that uncommon for Catholic's to turn to atheism if they follow their religion in the manner that the Catholic church teaches them to they really don't believe in anything from the start and they generally never read scripture they have no christian based knowledge and are kept that way on purpose by the Catholic church becuase it keeps them more easily controlled and manipulated. This is what made the crusades possible.

Catholics are ripe for the plucking, AfterInfinity should have chosen a more formidable challange, a Rosicrucian, an Essene, a Freemason or Mennonite.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

This converts fate is now property of afterinfinity. I am just hoping he has a grand plan for this freed one. If not then someone just got the short end of a hot stick.
edit on 15-6-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

AfterInfinity just inherited the (probably unintended) mantle of Madeline Murray O'hare. I hope does not disapear (suffer the same fate) in the same strange manner Ms. O'Hare did (along with her Son). Have their bodies ever been found? This is just a forum I doubt the soapbox is being built yet..but to convert a gay catholic would not seem to be hard at all. A GAY Catholic priest perhaps even more challenging. The Crystal Cathedral is available for lease (big venue space for idiolotry/or lack thereof expounding, but then you have to have a format, agenda and audience) you must pay for, and it all involves money, how does an atheist manufacture an audience out of thin air, afterall if its a belief system should be able to, because belief systems have at the heart of them THAT COMPONANT===PROFITIERING, not ENLIGHTENMENT.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I think his (Afterinfinities) mind is set at 'if I could only have them replying to what I say. I think he leeches on something. I dare to say he's not a real atheist yet. He's just having fun putting distance from the core of our being knowing he will fall in place again. At least I expected a little more insight from his side.

Bummer.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Angle

reincarnation

Define that word first for me will ya.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Unless they were born again! Hope springs eternal, not faith.

Yes, and being born again is just part of evolution, yeah right.. You just exposed yourself as religious. No being born again or being resurrected without God. With God Everything is possible.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

re·in·car·na·tion (rn-kär-nshn)
n.

1. Rebirth of the soul in another body.
2. A reappearance or revitalization in another form; a new embodiment

What's your point?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

You just exposed yourself as being ignorant.

I've never claimed to be an atheist. I have, in fact, stated several times, here on ATS, that I'm not and atheist, I DO believe in a spiritual hierarchy and I DO believe in reincarnation. But I am NOT a Christian.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

reply to post by vethumanbeing

I think his (Afterinfinities) mind is set at 'if I could only have them replying to what I say. I think he leeches on something. I dare to say he's not a real atheist yet. He's just having fun putting distance from the core of our being knowing he will fall in place again. At least I expected a little more insight from his side.

Bummer.

Needs constituants to bolster itself. Needs affirmation. Wants to see chinks in anyones armour. This is playtime I suppose, having a bit of fun in yanking chains. Problem is I believe its serious and not understanding this is a dangerous game. Is it looking for something, maybe; but if it believes it can truely change minds its not for that soul, its only gaining something (eating consuming) someone elses soul spirit. What else could a conversion of this be (ITS PRIME INTENT).

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I don't think windword ever claimed to be an atheist. Making assumptions are we?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Angle

re·in·car·na·tion (rn-kär-nshn)
n.

1. Rebirth of the soul in another body.
2. A reappearance or revitalization in another form; a new embodiment

What's your point?

The point is being reborn or resurrected happens in the same body you had, that's the core of your being.

Somewhere in the bible there were dead people resurrected, we Always look the same. Same bodies.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Angle

You just exposed yourself as being ignorant.

I've never claimed to be an atheist. I have, in fact, stated several times, here on ATS, that I'm not and atheist, I DO believe in a spiritual hierarchy and I DO believe in reincarnation. But I am NOT a Christian.

You can be nothing, like me, dispising all aspects of organized ANYTHING and still be deeply spiritual, knowing that reincarnation exists and not be of any belief system. It all comes down to your own personal journey of knowing your relationship to your maker, AND THAT MAKER IS YOU.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

It doesn't matter, you're the worst kind of leechers around.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Where are all these resurrected people? I don't see any dead people walking around? If I were to dig up some saints grave, I do believe that I would find their bones.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

reply to post by windword

It doesn't matter, you're the worst kind of leechers around.

Oh? How so? Do tell!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I don't see how that disproves early Christianity accepting reincarnation. Origen claims to believe in previous lives, modern Christianity teaches against that.

ETA: If you believe your body is the core of your existence then you are even more ignorant than I thought. The body is only a vessel for the soul, the soul is the core of your existence.
edit on 16-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

How is she a leecher?
Religion leeches of the poor around the world and gives them false hope.
Look at the problems in Africa much of it can be pointed towards Catholicism and their stupid refusal to use protection during sex.

edit on 16-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join