It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Converted A Catholic To Atheism

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Lol, lots of Christians say they are dead in Christ, so that's a strange way to commit suicide as well.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If I only had any clue about what you were talking. Since you don't know what you are saying, how should I know? I'm not claiming I don't know what you mean, but I won't bother giving it back to ya..

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Ok that post is bursting full of contradictions.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

1) I never said anything about suicide. Please don't put words in my mouth.

2) my friends computer is malfunctioning, he has tremors, and he has some difficulty expressing himself to strangers especially when he is nervous and on an electronic device. You will have to take my word for it.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

All you have to do is read Paul.

Paul says the dead in Christ will rise first, so Christians say they are dead in Christ. Basically committing suicide.
edit on 16-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Oh please be true undead christian zombies....I have dreamt of this many times

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Shame on colbe....he said this in another thread.

"The priest scandal was homosexual not pedophile"

This is the type of person we are dealing with here folks...

Again shame on you colbe.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Maybe that's where the zombie myth came from? Zombie Christians wanting to convert (or "eat the brains") of other people.

Makes sense to me.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I promised you that I would answer your questions when on an actual computer. Well, here I am, on a computer. Now I will answer you in full.

So, you're saying you would rather be dead as a door nail for eternity? You added the right comment at the end,
so sad, Atheists have a "fear of losing their opinion" so they wish it were true, no immortality or resurrection.

I am saying that if given the choice between being alive forever or being dead forever, I would choose to be dead forever. However, if given a rather more detailed choice, I would choose an infinite cycle of living and dying. Live a life, die, live another life, die, life another life, die, etc. How else would I continue to experience life anew?

AI, one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is the holy fear of God. Meaning a reverence for who He is...
Pray for this gift, God loves you. Atheists and their denials, more fear of being wrong than thinking of their
soul.

fear
[feer]
noun
a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid. Synonyms: foreboding, apprehension, consternation, dismay, dread, terror, fright, panic, horror, trepidation, qualm.

Reverence through trepidation? No. I don't believe in this. I think reverence comes from knowing what someone has done or is willing to do for another, and not to another.

p.s. Wait a second, how does your grand statement fit your avatar name? in·fin·i·ty

/inˈfinitē/
Noun

The state or quality of being infinite.
An infinite or very great number or amount.

Infinite recreation. The 'after' is indicative of always looking forward even as you keep the 'now' in mind. AfterInfinity means "never forget what is, has been, and can be again."

You are welcome to take inspiration however you choose to, though. You always have.

edit on 16-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
...an atheist tooting his own horn...how original.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by colbe

I promised you that I would answer your questions when on an actual computer. Well, here I am, on a computer. Now I will answer you in full.

So, you're saying you would rather be dead as a door nail for eternity? You added the right comment at the end,
so sad, Atheists have a "fear of losing their opinion" so they wish it were true, no immortality or resurrection.

I am saying that if given the choice between being alive forever or being dead forever, I would choose to be dead forever. However, if given a rather more detailed choice, I would choose an infinite cycle of living and dying. Live a life, die, live another life, die, life another life, die, etc. How else would I continue to experience life anew?

AI, one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is the holy fear of God. Meaning a reverence for who He is...
Pray for this gift, God loves you. Atheists and their denials, more fear of being wrong than thinking of their
soul.

fear
[feer]
noun
a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid. Synonyms: foreboding, apprehension, consternation, dismay, dread, terror, fright, panic, horror, trepidation, qualm.

Reverence through trepidation? No. I don't believe in this. I think reverence comes from knowing what someone has done or is willing to do for another, and not to another.

p.s. Wait a second, how does your grand statement fit your avatar name? in·fin·i·ty

/inˈfinitē/
Noun

The state or quality of being infinite.
An infinite or very great number or amount.

Infinite recreation. The 'after' is indicative of always looking forward even as you keep the 'now' in mind. AfterInfinity means "never forget what is, has been, and can be again."

You are welcome to take inspiration however you choose to, though. You always have.

edit on 16-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Gosh, how hard is it to put up the person's complete reply? No context. It is done so people can't read what exactly was said. Who goes back to a previous page to check the original reply? Put the comment up and comment underneath, besides, it is much faster to do. A list of separated sentences and commentary is too hard to come back and respond to, then you would have double the separated comments! An alternative would be to take one thing you want to comment on that someone said and replying to it, one on one. That's it.

AI, though I am happy you replied.

We will never be given your "choice" to be dead forever at our physical death. God's plan has been revealed. And it is known about reincarnation, check the written Word of God. It says you die once, then judgment. Reincarnation is not true, which life is judged for eternity? Seee....

"Infinite recreation", how is that possible for atheists? Denying God and drawing others away from Him.

There is no "infinite recreation" in Hell. Have a change of heart atheists, get right with God. Repent, confess your mortal sins to Him this day. Speak to God, this is prayer, ask Him to help you believe in Him and all He has revealed about Himself.

It is Father's Day, we are all the prodigal son at certain times in our lives, we are all sinners. God the Father is the BEST Father. He is waiting for you atheists with open arms. Repent and find Him.

Matthew 22:36-37 Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law? [37] Jesus said to him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

" Gosh, how hard is it to put up the person's complete reply? No context. It is done so people can't read what exactly was said. Who goes back to a previous page to check the original reply? Put the comment up and comment underneath, besides, it is much faster to do. A list of separated sentences and commentary is too hard to come back and respond to, then you would have double the separated comments! An alternative would be to take one thing you want to comment on that someone said and replying to it, one on one. That's it."

If you don't like how I answer then don't ask me questions.

" "Infinite recreation", how is that possible for atheists? Denying God and drawing others away from Him.

There is no "infinite recreation" in Hell. Have a change of heart atheists, get right with God. Repent, confess your mortal sins to Him this day. Speak to God, this is prayer, ask Him to help you believe in Him and all He has revealed about Himself."

I would have to believe in hell to care. It is, at best, an adjective.

" Matthew 22:36-37 Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law? [37] Jesus said to him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind."

what part of my being an atheist don't you understand? Thank you for your concern but it is unnecessary.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Reincarnation is not true............

Pshaw! Early Catholic church fathers disagreed with you.

Nowadays, there is little doubt that early Christians gave more credence to the concept of rebirth than was later the case. The main figure responsible for this change was no churchman but an ambitious, worldly and powerful figure Emperor Justinius. In the year 553, quite independently of the Pope, Justinius had the teachings of the church father Origen (185-253) banned by a synod. Origen had spoken out in unmistakable terms on the question of the repeated incarnations of the soul:

"Each soul enters the world strengthened by the victories or weakened by the defects of its past lives. Its place in this world is determined by past virtues and shortcomings." De Principalis.

"Is it not more in accordance with common sense that every soul for reasons unknown — I speak in accordance with the opinions of Pythagoras, Plato and Empedokles — enters the body influenced by its past deeds? The soul has a body at its disposal for a certain period of time which, due to its changeable condition, eventually is no longer suitable for the soul, whereupon it changes that body for another." Contra Celsum."

www.share-international.org...

edit on 16-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Did you try to make a point with that post? It is Obvious you guys, 'atheists', as you like to be called, just manage to make sentences by chance just typing random words. You guys are just the mass, unbelievers, the creatures among the humans. Hell, why do you guys do all the pagefilling. Now I'm bashing your threads for once.

Reminder: "This is a religion-based forum", by any chance, do you fear claiming yourself to be religious? Well, we should in fact, but just creating threads and participating in this section of the forum, makes one vurnable to the label being religious no matter what you post.

This should be made an 'underground' part of the web. It attrackts way to much murderers wide in the open. Breed of serpents. Lay down in front of me as a bench for my feet. The day of your judgement has come.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Iam so glad one day Religion will be gone...I give it 3 generations at most. Catholicism I give 2.
edit on 16-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yeah, at least there's light at the end of the tunnel. Lucky we.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Uh oh, she posted something that goes against your beliefs! Better go into attack mode!

Are posting historical facts not acceptable to you? Because I find no other reason that would warrant such a response as this. She didn't "attack" anyone, she just posted a historical fact that early Christianity accepted reincarnation.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

WTF IS CHRISTIANITY? What the hell is kept record off? Do I need to advise you to believe everything that has been f*cking told? Early Christianity.. sigh

Live the now and become really sad. Meh, there I said it.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Another Christian's head explodes as he/she realizes that their preconceived notions of early Christianity is shattered. LOL

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Whoa there! It's not my fault early Christianity believed in reincarnation, you'd have to take it up with them not me.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join