It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Converted A Catholic To Atheism

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

" What do you believe is after this life?"

Neither of us are too concerned with that right now. We're focused on living this one first.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by jiggerj

Always the naysayer.... You deny everything of faith and you use to be Catholic. Your dear wife, you are certainly her cross jigger. I have posted time and time again links to the Protestant and Catholic daily messages from Heaven. God speaks to every generation, that's a long time. Believe prophecy. The messages from Heaven could fill a city library. I'll be glad to post a couple of links again.
reply to post by colbe

Always the blind man. All you have is empty words quoted from other brainwashed people. I don't have any religious fanatics in my family.

Do me a favor (or rather, do yourself a favor) and come up with the name of ONE man that had an amputated arm healed by god. JUST ONE out of millions! What? God works miracles everyday, doesn't he? What absurd excuse will you come up with for this? The one surefire way to prove that your god exists; one day a man has no hand, the next day he does. Of all the miracles proclaimed and yet not THIS one. WHY WHY WHY?

Answer, because your god isn't real. He doesn't exist. He's a fairy tale, Colbe. There's no magic, no miracles, no God's divine plan, no God's will, no angels, no demons. Nothing!

jigger says no to God. The testimonies of thousands people helped by Pio, physically and spiritually are all lies. Someone is wrong, guess who?

Here is your "surfire" answer jigger and you still replied, with another atheist's denial. You have no integrity.

~ ~ ~

Gemma Di Giorgi, born on Christmas day in 1939, was blind, born without pupils. In 1947 she was brought to padre Pio. In the hallway Padre Pio touched her eyes and she started seeing normally.

Still without pupils. Padre Pio told her mom: "Don't worry, the child sees, and you know it."

"I had no pupils in my eyes," said Gemma in 1971, several years after Padre Pio's death. “I had no sight at all. Today I still see normally. As you can seen I have no pupils."

Atheists have no answers and I can imagine, no peace. God's plan has been revealed, He loves all of us and desires we persevere in this life, trusting Him, try to be love no matter the situation and one day we will be with Him.

Pray, we are all sinners, Confess your sins to God.

How hard are those two things to do?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Doctor Smith

Look up the definition of the word atheism. It only concerns belief in a god and practices revolving around such beliefs.
edit on 15-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

No need to be a douche about it. You sound like a bitter, petty person. When you stand before the Almighty, I hope you have accepted that you are not the center of the universe, and your friend realized early enough that you are wrong.

edit on Sun Jun 16 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by colbe

You seem to take a lot of things at face value. I guess that's a byproduct of being religious though.

Care to give a source for what you quoted? I'd be interested in looking into those claims.

If someone doesn't have pupils then I fail to see how it's physically possible for them to see. What was the point of god giving us pupils if we didn't really need them?

I love you brother, I want you to one day and soon, when God shows you...to become Roman Catholic. The miracle of sight without pupils is very well known. I posted a link earlier. You can find the same testimony many places. The link was long so you have to copy and paste ALL of it, you can't just hit the link.

caccioppoli.com...;%20Close%20Encounters%20of%20the%20special%20kind%20with%20Padre%20Pio%20in%20the%20hallway,% 20backyard,%20downtown.html

To answer the underlined in your comment, "miracles" are God's way to help you believe. It was a MIRACLE. Oh my, tee hee, I leave your last comment alone.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

" No need to be a douche about it. You sound like a bitter, petty person. When you stand before the Almighty, I hope you have accepted that you are not the center of the universe, and your friend realized early enough that you are wrong."

So unoriginal. Do find a new sales pitch, this one is getting a tad bit rusty.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Another case of "I dont know, therefore God." Do you have any medical documentation from credible experts?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

" What do you believe is after this life?"

Neither of us are too concerned with that right now. We're focused on living this one first.

Do you believe in Immortality, reincarnation, resurrection? Or do you believe you are only mortal?

I don't remember ever reading what you believe about this?

You are right though I am not too concerned with that. It doesn't make a difference other than it helps me to understand you.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Immortality and resurrection disgust me. They are the equivalent of hacking, because they bypass the natural principles of this universe. Only greed would seek these things, greed and fear of losing. Reincarnation deserves deeper investigation. This is all my opinion, of course.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Another case of "I dont know, therefore God." Do you have any medical documentation from credible experts?

No, you are wrong, it is all specific.

Excuse me, all of this is connected to someone who gave their life for Christ, the Christian's God. Jesus Christ,
second person of the Divine Trinity. You should remeber and be familiar since your Catholic upbringing.

Read the girl's quote she gained sight when it was documented previously by doctors, since birth, she had no pupils AI. Maybe, she was tested by the medical community after she made the claim of gaining her eyesight.

Have you ever read even a tiny portion of the miracles of St. Pio? Are they all liars? Padre Pio has been tested
by LOL credible experts. What are non-credible experts? You know science, your new God.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Immortality and resurrection disgust me. They are the equivalent of hacking, because they bypass the natural principles of this universe. Only greed would seek these things, greed and fear of losing. Reincarnation deserves deeper investigation. This is all my opinion, of course.

Explain please what are the natural principles of the universe? Who made the universe? Shouldn't you ask
that first?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Perhaps it may be viewed as a test of sorts that my friend is now viewing this thread in its entirety. Every allegation I have faced so far in the course of this discussion have been shot down personally, and he expresses his bewildered amusement at all of the ridiculous assumptions regarding his background and cognitive faculties. I consider my role in this situation entirely vindicated. Not that I really expected anything different.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Take a few science classes. That will do for a fine start to your education regarding the physical laws of the universe. I suspect you may find your questions are answered along the way.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

So, you're saying you would rather be dead as a door nail for eternity? You added the right comment at the end,
so sad, Atheists have a "fear of losing their opinion" so they wish it were true, no immortality or resurrection.

AI, one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is the holy fear of God. Meaning a reverence for who He is...
Pray for this gift, God loves you. Atheists and their denials, more fear of being wrong than thinking of their
soul.

It has been revealed so believe. We are all immortal, we shall live forever, choose where you want to go.

God bless you AfterInfinity,

p.s. Wait a second, how does your grand statement fit your avatar name? in·fin·i·ty

/inˈfinitē/
Noun

The state or quality of being infinite.
An infinite or very great number or amount.

Synonyms
infinitude - immensity

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Take a few science classes. That will do for a fine start to your education regarding the physical laws of the universe. I suspect you may find your questions are answered along the way.

You didn't put my comment up cause everyone would see you did not answer. Who made the universe? You are following the laws of the universe, who made the universe?

Why won't you admit to being Roman Catholic? If not, share your faith background? Were your parents atheists?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

It is clear that you do not understand much about my particular brand of atheism. I will elaborate more tomorrow when I am on an actual computer.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I suggest you tell your friend the truth. You are agnostic, meaning you don't really know anything and you accept this.

The fact that you said reincarnation deserves deeper consideration proves you are indeed agnostic.

Telling him you are agnostic is the only way to truly tell him I don't know but I don't agree with religion. This is the only truth you can tell him, because the truth is you don't know.

edit on 15-6-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

It is clear that you do not understand much about my particular brand of atheism. I will elaborate more tomorrow when I am on an actual computer.

I appreciate you replying. How come you avoid my continued question about being a fallen away Catholic?

If I am wrong, share the faith of your parents. Were they atheist's too? My parents were both Roman Catholic...
surprised anyone?

You're right, I never knew there are denominations in atheism. Kinda silly, can't come up with anything new.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

My friend used to be Catholic. I myself have never been nor will ever be.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join