It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Quit! The Forced Slavery of America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I don't think we live in a slave system. People make themselves slaves to it by not living within thier means.

I found a job I really enjoy and I get paid ok, own a home, a car, pay the bills and whatever.

I even have a degree I don't even use but its paid for and there if I need it.

I'm under $75,000 dollars in debt, car and home mostly. No credit card debt, cut up my first one never got another. The best thing I think I've done financially.

I live with the money I have and don't spend what I don't have.

People make thier own problems and like to blame anything but themselves. You don't need much to survive the system and if you play your cards right you can dominate it.

Sure thier are bumps along the way like surprise medical bills or the loss of a love one, but thats life and sometimes life can be hard.

If you want to quit stop buying in to it. The next time you get the impulse to buy that nice shinny piece of plastic you can't really afford anyway. DON'T BUY IT.

Cut up your credit cards and snowball your bills.

Live within your means, save up when you can and build from thier.

The thing that makes me angry is the excessive tax increases and the rampart revenue farming the government does to us. Every year increases on old taxes and more added laws that make us pay more taxes, fees, fines.

Why can't the government find other ways to fund things they have all the resourses to do it?
Why doesn't the gov't fix the real issues like poverty, the energy crisis, education ect............?

Because the majority are lazy and don't put the pressure on the gov't like they used to or are scared to. Things will only change if we all demand it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Why do you think America got involved? There has been instability in Somalia for many, many years. Lots of clan wars, warlords, pirates, etc. Lots of suffering and death, well before America ever got involved. There hasn't been a stable government there since the 1960's. Not exactly a paradise.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by spqrenki
reply to post by beezzer

I never said that, I simply said the man had a good idea. But that philosophy would be the same as the Government and banks would it not?

Then I must ask again, what would be an alternative to the "slavery" that you describe?

Eliminate money and redistribute the work. If 408,000 people can feed all 300,000,000 of us and still have enough left over to be a major exporter, then imagine what we could do if we remove the financial system and everything that goes with it. Money has served it's purpose, but now its time for something else.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Do you, as an American, consider yourself a slave? Ironic, isn't it, to live in the land of the free as a slave - even more so considering this free land was stolen from natives and built on the backs of African slaves.

American Indians didn't 'own the land'. They didn't believe in that kind of thing.
The settlers didn't steal it from them. Later treaties were broken .. that's another story.
America was not built on the backs of African slaves. Very few Americans owned slaves.
And any 'slave wealth' that those few people had, was destroyed by the Civil War.

That being said .. you can't quit the system. As long as you are breathing the same air as the rest of us .. you are part of the system. As long as you pay taxes or partake of what those taxes pay for (like enjoying feedom because of a strong defense system), then you are part of the system. If you drive on the roads, then you are part of the system. What you do with your bit of the system could effect the rest of the system. So try to make your part better. If everyone did that ... the system would be better.

Sorry .. it's impossible to 'quit'.
Native Americans didn't have any slick ''contracts'' pertaining to ownership, but let's be real here, it was their land. If it wasn't, the invaders wouldn't have bothered to come up with these bogus ''treaties'' in the first place. Next up, America was most definitely built on the backs of slaves. Any one with any sense of finance or simple economics would know that. All of that free labor, and all you had to pay them were pig guts, better known as chitterlings. MOST Americans didn't own slaves, but a hell of a lot did. People crack me up when it comes to who owned slaves, like it was only a few people, yeah, right. There were a hell of a lot plantations that needed that tobacco and cotton picked. And another thing, you stated that taxes we pay are for us enjoying freedom, because of a strong defense system....WHAT? Nobody's overseas fighting for my ''freedom'', and I come from a military family, WW2, Viet Nam, to the present. Freedom of speech is in the Constitution, so no one, ANYWHERE, is killing people for my right to say JACK. The gov is stripping away rights little by little, and you're saying our ''defense system'' protects our ''freedom''. There's no better slave than one who thinks he's free. And it's not impossible to quit,but some people love their creature comforts sooo much, they're afraid to quit.
edit on 17-2-2013 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
reply to post by frazzle

Why do you think America got involved? There has been instability in Somalia for many, many years. Lots of clan wars, warlords, pirates, etc. Lots of suffering and death, well before America ever got involved. There hasn't been a stable government there since the 1960's. Not exactly a paradise.

Most, if not all of the countries the US has attacked in recent years simply do NOT want to participate in the central usury banking schemes or become victims of US dollar hegemony. That's unacceptable to the multinational corprocrats who run the Fed and the WTO and the WB and the IMF, and any nation that tries to sell its resources or goods for gold or silver or other currencies is bombed into dollar compliance. Is that a reasonable foreign policy?

So do you think all these drone attacks are supposed to turn Somalia into "exactly a paradise"? How do you know it never WAS a paradise? How does that old song go, take paradise put up a parking lot ~ for Northup Grumman maybe, surely not for those stupid Somalians who don't know what's good for them. WE know what's good for them. God, the arrogance.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Originally posted by kaylaluv
reply to post by frazzle

Most, if not all of the countries the US has attacked in recent years simply do NOT want to participate in the central usury banking schemes or become victims of US dollar hegemony. That's unacceptable to the multinational corprocrats who run the Fed and the WTO and the WB and the IMF, and any nation that tries to sell its resources or goods for gold or silver or other currencies is bombed into dollar compliance. Is that a reasonable foreign policy?

So do you think all these drone attacks are supposed to turn Somalia into "exactly a paradise"? How do you know it never WAS a paradise? How does that old song go, take paradise put up a parking lot ~ for Northup Grumman maybe, surely not for those stupid Somalians who don't know what's good for them. WE know what's good for them. God, the arrogance.

I'd like to see your proof that Somalia was a peaceful, stable country in the last 40 years. I'd like to see your proof that because there was no large, long-standing stable government in Somalia, everyone had a better life. I'd like to see your proof that it was only when America got involved, that Somalia become a failed country.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I choose to get up and go to work.
Where I work can fire me and if my work was not up to level or if they thought it was the right move for their business then so be it.
I choose what clothes I will wear to work
When I get home I eat the dinner that I have already chosen.
Because I am responsible I choose to pay my bills on time so I have no debt. That includes rent, car insurance, cable bill, utilities whatever. I have no credit card debt at this point nor any other debt having paid everything off in the past few years. I am doing pretty damn well financially because of the career that I chose, my choice to work hard within that industry and by living within my means.
When I am not working I choose how I want to entertain myself either by reading, music , movies or whatever I want.
I choose to not drink, smoke or do drugs (which would have truly made me a slave if any of those get out of control)
I am in the process of choosing what vacation i am going to take in the spring then in the fall with the paid time off I earned at my job.

Please explain to me how I am a slave to anything or anyone?
Throwing out there "the best slave is one that thinks he is free" is about as useful as a jar of sand in the desert.
Prove to me I am a slave.

edit on 17-2-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I'd like to see your proof that Somalia was a peaceful, stable country in the last 40 years. I'd like to see your proof that because there was no large, long-standing stable government in Somalia, everyone had a better life. I'd like to see your proof that it was only when America got involved, that Somalia become a failed country.

Doesn't matter what Somalia ever was, the point is that it belongs to them and the US is systematically bombing them into compliance for the economic benefit of the world's overlords.

And then you can figure in Russia and China who are buying up gold like there's no tomorrow and backing their currencies with something of intrinsic value while the dollar sinks ever deeper into fraudulent debt. At this point in time it doesn't even matter if Americans ever rebel, bankruptcy cannot be printed into wealth and the US is looking at becoming a real catastrophe in the near future.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I certainly don't condone it, but let's be real, our founders used to tar and feather those that tried to disarm them.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Point, match. There are people that will simply never wake up to reality because they choose not to. It's the equivalent of sticking your fingers in ear and screaming "NO NO NO NO NO". At some point, those in denial will be forced to awaken when they're standing in a bread line.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

Point, match. There are people that will simply never wake up to reality because they choose not to. It's the equivalent of sticking your fingers in ear and screaming "NO NO NO NO NO". At some point, those in denial will be forced to awaken when they're standing in a bread line.

So you can't prove how I'm a slave or even logically debate it thus a better move is to take your toys and go home?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The bloodless revolution? Simply refuse to elect any more Democrats and Republicans. Problem solved.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I didn't respond to you because I think you answered your own question. "The best slave is one that thinks he is free"... being able to choose where you work is equivalent of choosing between drinking bleach or cyanide. The result is still the same. If you enjoy your job, congratulations, but for every one person that actually enjoys their job, there are 10 others that dread waking up in the morning and going back to that same garbage, day after day, year after year. You got lucky, you got to actually enjoy what you do. Most of us are on the grind.

The point of thread was not about how working is slavery. I'll be the first to admit that not everyone is cut out to run their own business. There are leaders and there are followers and a large majority of the population are followers. Simply put, Government puts restriction on those of us whom are leaders. Those who are followers will never see an issue with my original post.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

A slave can choose not to work. He just gets placed in chains. For modern day slaves, you get fired.

A slave will be loaned out to other slaveowners if the current owner has problems. Today, the modern slave just get fired, and he has to find his own new slavemaster.

A slave chose whatever rags he wear. Today's slaves wear what he can afford to save money.

A slave eat whatever his master decides. Today's slaves eat whatever his salary paid by his master can buy while his master dines on cavier, cognac with women and ambience paid by the efforts of his slaves.

A slave have to be responsible for his upkeep. Today's slaves have to be responsible for his own upkeep, based upon the salary his master gives. If the salary is not enough, kiss the heater goodbye.

A slave have his sunday off. Today's slave have to standby his phone on call by his master anytime, even on sunday.

A slave cannot smoke, drink or do drugs. Today's slave seldom smoke and drink, as the cost has increased dramatically. Drugs are not even taken by the masters, cos its a health issue.

A slave has no vacation but gets to follow wherever the masters wants him to be. Today's slave can have vacation, provided he has savings left over after paying bills, kid's education, etc from his salary paid by his master.

The only way to break this addiction to slavery by the rich is for them to share fairly, not necessarily equally, the efforts made by the employees. But instead, they chosed to be self indulgent, spending lavish sums upon themselves, gambling the excess in wall st or property speculation, or just simply hoarding it all up.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Doesn't matter what Somalia ever was, the point is that it belongs to them and the US is systematically bombing them into compliance for the economic benefit of the world's overlords.

And then you can figure in Russia and China who are buying up gold like there's no tomorrow and backing their currencies with something of intrinsic value while the dollar sinks ever deeper into fraudulent debt. At this point in time it doesn't even matter if Americans ever rebel, bankruptcy cannot be printed into wealth and the US is looking at becoming a real catastrophe in the near future.

Like I said, Somalia is and has always been a miserable place to live, because they don't have a stable government system set in place. So if you want to live in a country that has no government set up to protect you, go move to Somalia.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I'm curious why you're so scared of other people? That you honestly believe that life without Government equals absolutely no order of law? There is a thread on here recently about a child killer being murdered in his jail cell by other inmates. What that says to me is that yes there are people who are insane but also that justice seems to be an trait held by the majority of people... even criminals.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Well written. If the slaves don't stand up now, we may lose our chance under this heavily armed technocratic Authoritarian Global mafia.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I'm curious why you're so scared of other people? That you honestly believe that life without Government equals absolutely no order of law? There is a thread on here recently about a child killer being murdered in his jail cell by other inmates. What that says to me is that yes there are people who are insane but also that justice seems to be an trait held by the majority of people... even criminals.

I'm curious why you are so scared of our government? Don't like who is in charge? Gather the people to vote them out. You and the people who agree with you should run for office yourselves, so you can make this place a paradise, since you seem to know exactly how it should be run. If what you have to say resonates with the majority of the people, then you will be successful. If you can't convince the people that your way is best.... there's always Somalia.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Like I said, Somalia is and has always been a miserable place to live, because they don't have a stable government system set in place. So if you want to live in a country that has no government set up to protect you, go move to Somalia.

Like I said, you have no idea what life is like, or what it was ever like in Somalia. You know what your government's mouthpieces have told you about Somalia and that's all you know.

Besides, YOU don't have a stable government set in place to protect you, either. Get outta line, they can dump your fanny in jail and throw the key away. They can drone you, too, just because they said so. Hmmmm, I think there's a word for that .....

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I don't buy this. My parents left Louisiana with my brother and I with but $200 gifted from family. Their family was poor, and so were we.

My father worked as a plumber for a company for five years, then said screw it and started up his own business in the trade. He did well.

My mother interviewed for an apartment leasing company. She went in for the position of a leasing agent, and came out of the office with a title of assistant manager.

They worked terribly long hours initially, but moved up the ladder. Paps expanded his company. Mother ended up high level corporate.

I saw it all. Rags to riches. I never bought into college. Started working with paps as a kid and learned how to bust my ass, but decided to take years off and chill out to absorb the world around me.

Guess what? I got an interview on Monday for a position that pays $15/hr, and I plan on nailing it. Simple aptitude test should solidify my position.

The system is set up to funnel the brightest into decent positions. Everyone else is pressed down until they can prove their worthiness. Either you make the grade, else are a cog in someone else's wheel for life.

Get over it. The standards of living in this country greatly exceed 90% of the rest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join