It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Quit! The Forced Slavery of America

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by spqrenki
reply to post by frazzle

Point, match. There are people that will simply never wake up to reality because they choose not to. It's the equivalent of sticking your fingers in ear and screaming "NO NO NO NO NO". At some point, those in denial will be forced to awaken when they're standing in a bread line.

So you can't prove how I'm a slave or even logically debate it thus a better move is to take your toys and go home?

Okay, let's take another look at the word "slave" and try and apply it to the lifestyle of folks in the U.S. Please bear with me for a sec.

First off I think that the word slave is not really the best word to use here, but for lack of a better one we'll go with it for now.

It would not be possible to build a car for every adult on earth, we would soon suffocate as a species. Sharing the air we breath with automobiles cannot be a justifiable option for the far future of life on this planet.

Producing plastic for almost all packaging as well as most of the tools we use to provide shelter, and a comfortable life, like the one you choose to live is also not a long term option for the future of life on this planet. It will eventually pollute the life to a point where it cannot reproduce. Man has already lost half the average sperm count due to the pollutions caused from plastic. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Buying and living off of a piece of land is not possible if one wants to become totally self sufficient without paying into the current tax situation that we have today. It will be taken away from him if he does not participate in the community at least enough to pay his taxes. What if he just wants to take care of his family and that's all? Not possible, he must allot some of his time to nourishing a system that is slowly taking more than it gives back to the environment, inevitably leading to the destruction of his own family.

What if a man choose to give back more than he takes from mother nature during his lifetime? What if he does not want to live a life that's foundation is built on oil, what if he chooses to live a life without plastic as the main material that he uses as tools or shelter? What if he wants to use his own energy to build a life without cars or electric powered tools? What if he chooses to live a life that harvests only natural renewable materials that organically decompose to rejuvenate the life that he consumed? What if he chooses to forgo the taxes that he knows are paying into a system that will eventually snuff out all life on the planet? After all he is "free" to make these types of choices correct?

Maybe, but what would be the outcome?

Well, some would think it impossible to try and avoid all these negative aspects of our reality. We were born into this current situation and we are all used to it. We see ourselves as free to make whatever choices that we see fit in the living of our lives. But when one takes a close look at the choices that we have, one see's that we are indeed trapped into a situation in which we do have to work for someone who does not have our best interests at heart. We cannot escape the plantation because it encompasses the whole world in which we live now. If one does try and live free of all these negative choices, what will be the outcome?

He would not get far in his endeavors for sure. His way is not allowed, it will not bring success, for sure he will be rendered impotent toward providing for his family. He will wither up and eventually be tossed into a hole and his name will be forgotten and he will not have gotten far enough to even be a good example of sustainable living to those around him. He will disappear from history and become nameless.

Not unlike a disobedient slave.

Hope this does it for answering your question. I don't think that slave is a good word to explain our situation, but I do not know of a better one to use here. Perhaps we should take a closer look and try and define the situation that we live in today. I believe that one of the reasons that we got here to this point is because we do not understand it fully yet. This thread is a good example of the efforts taken by some of us to explain the predicament we are faced with today. It touches on some of the hard decisions and definitions of our current situation. We have a long way to go and some tough decisions in front of us as a species.

Great effort OP please keep up the good work, and although it may be hard at times, don't hesitate to ask the hard questions.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Doesn't sound like something a "leader" thinks or says... A leader is neither scared into thinking he's a victim nor feels scared because someone else told him to be.

That depends on your definition of a leader. I personally choose to heed the words of the wise... especially those men that managed to do the impossible. You on the other hand choose to straw man instead of responding to the response to the question that you asked.

And for those 10 people who keep doing the same thing day in and day out, even though they HATE it, it's the government's fault? :shk: Jesus, do you hear what you're saying?

What am I saying? That we're forced to work for other people because Government won't let us start our own business? Because that's what I've been saying all along. I can't drive my own cab because I can't afford million dollar insurance... but I sure as hell can drive a cab for minimum wage! That's just me complaining about Government.

Don't you feel like something special to make the proclamation that everyone who disagrees with you is wrong and a "follower"? My original observation stands. You are a victim of your circumstances and don't have what it takes to change your own life and therefore look outside yourself for someone else to blame. How can you call yourself a leader? It's baffling.

I never called myself a leader. I simply stated that those who are happy at their dead end jobs will never understand where I am coming from. And it's true.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

reply to post by jonnywhite

Yes but one issue can be solved and the other (your point) cannot. We can have smaller Government like our founders told us and bring jobs back to America. We can fix our country and bring it back to the high standard that it used to be. Education on the other hand only goes so far. Which is why we must continue to reteach every generation. These are apples and oranges simply because there are solutions to one problem and not to the other.

I agree.

What you're referring to is our ability to mold our future.

There's definitely some ability, but it cannot work miracles.

Thus, we have religion. If you cannot change something then believe it's inconsequential. If I am a chicken in a slaughterhouse, it's better to believe it's payment for eternal bliss afterward.

When our ability to shape our future runs dry, we have several choices. Some people turn to drugs. Some people turn to faith (belief in god or some larger purpose). Some turn to other things.

Notice that this is true also for people who prematurely stop attempting to mold their future.

Do your best. And reduce the amount of hostility between you and others. Is all you can do.

And you know even lemons have lots of vitamin C and phytonutrients.
edit on 17-2-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Yeah, it's a real warzone in my suburb right now. Bombs dropping everywhere - everyone is being thrown in jail for no reason...

Manhatten didn't look like a warzone on 9/10/2001.

Now probably the easiest way to get thrown into jail is to look like a Muslim so I'm sure you're safe enough.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

We will always struggle and fight to survive as a civilization and as a species. Thus, one can argue that we're a slave to our nature, to our universe, to our reality, to our circumstances.

Bravo!

I would like to add that we have become slave to a system that was founded on the efforts to create a healthier, more comfortable and nourishing environment for our children.

Our lack of understanding of the consequences of our efforts to build this foundation has brought us to a point in history where we have polluted our world with the side effects of our own good intentions. We are educating ourselves about these side effects now, and hopefully we will get back on track soon.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

If true, you know what they say: the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spqrenki

What am I saying? That we're forced to work for other people because Government won't let us start our own business? Because that's what I've been saying all along.

How is government preventing you from starting your own business?

I can't drive my own cab because I can't afford million dollar insurance...

And those who CAN afford to buy proper insurance? Are you suggesting they don't operate within our government? Why isn't the government preventing THEM from starting THEIR own business?

I never called myself a leader.

There are leaders and there are followers and a large majority of the population are followers. Simply put, Government puts restriction on those of us whom are leaders. Those who are followers will never see an issue with my original post.

I simply stated that those who are happy at their dead end jobs will never understand where I am coming from.

I think I understand where you are coming from (although I am not working at a dead-end job, but I have in the past).
You're coming from the same place as many who complain about their lives and blame it on someone else instead of taking responsibility and working hard to get what they want.

I see we're not going to see eye-to-eye on this, but I wish you luck in your future and hope that you'll start taking responsibility for your situation, stop thinking of yourself as a "slave" and do something to make yourself happy instead of thinking that's someone else's job.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Right because I have an opinion that differs from yours which obviously means I'm some dead beat looking for hand outs while you, up there on your high horse, looks down on me with sorrow. Government raids Amish selling raw milk and shuts down a 5 year old's lemonade stand? Obviously dead beats that want hand outs. That 5 year old should learn to work a real man's job!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Great post,

There was a time when I would simply agree and move on. But I feel compelled to share this with you. I know that you already know it, but sometimes when you hear it from someone else you get a window of opportunity to re-examine the problem.

Of course you know that you have made a choice? It is obvious from your post that whatever choices you make in life, you will be bringing the same brilliance, passion and eloquence with you.

If you quit, you will do a spectacular job of it.

But if you choose not to, well, that's the other choice. It will always simply come down to what you put your attention on, and for a person like you, that will have powerful results.

The world has always been this way, the way that you describe. No one has ever escaped it; Socrates drank the hemlock, agreeing with his oppressors that it would be for the best; now that's quitting.

Anyway, the school thing? Yeah, it sucks and it is expensive. It will only be from your own hard work that you lift yourself to an academic level that will suit you. You have the talent, you have to get out there and prove it, to yourself. Save everything you write. Consider your writing to be a future academic profile and focus your interests through it. You must do this for yourself, to develop yourself.

This is the system that we have at hand. You just have to throw yourself at it as hard as you can and bend it to your will. If you quit, who is going to help save the world? I'm deadly serious.

The future is incredibly bright, and it needs you.

Never quit.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

If true, you know what they say: the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Yes, it is true in too many cases. The world used to be a huge place. We didn't have to worry about the consequences of some idiot on the other side of the world. Fukushima is a good example of how the world has changed now.

Science based policy may be the saving grace for humanity if we ever get smart enough to acknowledge it. This is only my opinion, but when a man has the option of living a happy comfortable live that doesn't exploit his environment for all it's worth, then I believe he will make the right choice. There are a multitude of people out there right now who are trying to find viable options for doing this, it is a very important step for mankind, and one that has not been explored yet. We need to break free of the very chains that you explain in your original post and I believe this is the way to do it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

I sincerely thank you for your kind words, I do not deserve them.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Bull#!

You get out there and kick some ass!

Eat a big breakfast.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No.

Any system which rewards the top several hundred players with a larger slice than is granted to the bottom 150 million is by definition -- flawed and fraudulent. Right now, actual risk verses tangible reward is so skewed that some earn 4000 times the minimum wage, while the average wage is flat or falling. This isn't a good short term outcome, and will completely destroy our union over the long term.

I have no problem with hard working / intelligent people earning 8, 10 20, even 100 times the average wage, but this is something else entirely. Worse now that those with the money can buy legislators, and write their own legislation to reduce competition and / or kill it before it threatens their riches.

Playing along in a rigged game is cheating. It makes no difference if you reap the benefits of the cheat or not.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Just this threads title contains a telling contradiction - demonstrating the flaws inherent in the hyperbolic position the op has taken. One cannot quit slavery, much less "forced" slavery... a term that seems to imply that there is some form of slavery that is not forced upon people.

In fact that actually seems to be what the OP is railing against - his impression that we live in a society that asks us to accept slavery, and rewards those who do so. Again, I find this misleading and a gross oversimplification of an advanced concept - one we call society.

To me this is no different than if I were to write a scathing condemnation of food, or the toilet bowl. After all, I am a slave to eating. I have to do it, whether I want to or not. That slavery then becomes binary - as when one eats? Well that is where the toilet slavery comes in. Just because something is necessary or for the best does not mean that it is arbitrary enslavement. That is the point that I am seeking to make.

A quick study of history will show why certain things are necessary. The OP keeps mentioning needing insurance to operate a taxi - and apparently takes great offense to this idea... feeling it to be some sort of an affront to freedom. Sadly the reason there are such laws is that, in the past, cabs did not have to carry insurance by law - and many people were left maimed or dead only to find that they had no legal recourse because the cab company responsible for their injuries simply closed up shop and opened up elsewhere, under a new name. Those people, and their loved ones, understand why cabs have to carry high levels of insurance.

Whether or not current levels of required insurance are excessive or not is an entirely different conversation. One that is not predicated upon the notion of enslavement.

It's all in the context - a context that is sorely lacking in this day and age because so few actually study history in a meaningful way. We currently have at least one, and probably two generations of age, at this point, who tend to get most of their history from TV and from the Internet. These are both great augmentation devices for learning, but they tend to suck as a primary source for information. These things are the Cliff notes - not the text book. In the case of the Internet, the information is usually all there... if one can dig it out of the countless alternate versions and interpretations that one finds online. Heck, even some of the most convincingly formatted and structured sites can end up spewing absolute BS as a means of furthering some agenda.

OP You state that you quit. Yet you have done so over an Internet connection that required, at the very least, an active data enabled phone and concordant cell phone plan. Saying that you "quit" society over the internet is a bit like announcing that you're going on a diet in the vestibule of a buffet. It rings hollow. In your op, or one of your replies ( I cannot recall which ) it seems you almost connected the dots. To be free of the "work for money" paradigm, your only real choice is to opt, instead, for working for pure survival. Is it sad that a sick person, in our society, gets left out in the cold and ends up losing everything? Hell yes it is. But at least that sick person will, in most cases, eventually get some relief. You know what happens in the wilderness if you become unable to work? You end up lunch for whatever happens to be around to smell your illness or injury.

A confusion of the words "freedom" and "fair"... and then, further still, confusing "fair" and "equitable".

In all honesty, I simply don't see what you are getting at by saying you "quit"... unless you plan to allow a friend, family member, or spouse to support you so that you can be the revolutionary that you envision yourself as. Or are you inferring that you are off, into that savage wilderness, once you've finished teaching us all the lessons that you feel you have learned?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

It seems I've attracted the wolves then. Let's have at it.

The contradiction was done purposely... just as the contraction of my name supporting both the Roman Empire and Enki/Lucifer while preaching freedom and liberty. I could have just as easily made the thread titled "The Forced Slavery of America". Regardless, while we are literal slaves to food, the toilet, and whatever else necessary, finding a job and working it is not. You seem to love my taxi cab comments, so let's go from there.

This country was founded on the idea that "we did it ourselves". And this plays back into the green hot dog thing that I mentioned a few pages back. If you're that stupid to get into the rusted back seat of a broke down car claiming to be a taxi cab, you reap what you sow. Meaning, at some point, there needs to be some personal responsibility here. What you fail to realize in your rant on endless scum bag taxi drivers is that today, we have video evidence of such things. Meaning, if taxi cab driver is drunk and drives off the bridge, someone is going to know what the hell happened regardless of if he's independent or works for a large company. The same as buying a green hot dog is probably not the best healthy meal one can find. Again, Government doesn't need to play nanny with grown adults.

You also state that studying history online is some form of cliff notes or bad in general because, get this, people have opinions. As if history is not written by the victor in most cases as it is in your blessed text books. So I beg to ask the question, which is the lesser of two evils? The obvious propaganda or the free people giving their opinion? Most, with their ever loving and trust for Government, would say the text book - because Hitler went mad and starting killing Jews for no reason. Off topic, let's continue.

Yes I state I quit. That means I have no money? So because I refuse to hold down a steady job, I'm some bum living in a box? And what is it that you do good sir? Besides spend your spare time as a mod on this wonderful website? Just curious. Do you honestly think that those of us who refuse to work for the system created for us are all living in the middle of the woods with the constant threat of wolves falling prey to us every time we fall ill to the flu?

Take a minute and think about something. Replace the whip with cash. Instead of being given free shelter, food and clothes, you are given money to purchase these things. Master doesn't need house ***slaves*** to look after you because you now look after yourself. And you still come back everyday. Seems like a system that works to me. The slave that thinks he's free... just like the head house ***slave***.

I don't quit money. I don't quit society. I simply quit being a slave. I want America back. The ideas that we were founded on. The freedom and liberty that was necessary to mold this great republic into the best country the world has ever seen. And that wasn't built by Government. Obama didn't built that. We did. We the people. Because we're not stupid and we don't need a nanny state to hold our hand through life.
edit on 17-2-2013 by spqrenki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I have never seen god, but the closest thing to god is the government. Who else dictates what we should do, what freedoms we should have, etc....

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
One must also remember there are different types of freedom that are inversely related in the case of society/government. (Freedom-from and freedom-to) freedom-to do things is limited by ability, you can jump because you have legs, one without has no freedom to do this. In the material sense, the more money you have, the more freedom to do things you have. In order to get to that position you give up freedom-from coercion. Employer, government etc... it is not until you reach a certain level at the top that you have more freedom in both categories. Some are born into different levels of advantages making the journey to this desired level more difficult or easier. Those with nothing say overconsumption and unequal distribution, those with everything say overpopulation. Yet it is not about what is said, it is about what is done. Power can be addicting, our infatuation to control things to perform our will is an unreasonable guide to an end goal. We are machines of evaluation influenced by emotion. Weighing options, then justifying the one chosen. Everyone wants to be right, and our idea of what right is, is highly influenced by the situation we are in. If you have high levels of both freedoms would you not want to find ways to keep it so? despite the limitations of freedoms on others. Many would say no, but I would be skeptical of that being true. Government is a system of control for a large population, not a system to control others but a system to control ourselves. Some control is required to prevent chaos but action is required to change what we don't like, not blame.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

Or to die trying....

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by eletheia

The definition of slavery. By the literal definition, we are not really free.

1 : drudgery, toil. ( dead end, low paying jobs.)

2: submission to a dominating influence. ( Big government trying to control us) .

a : the state of a person who is a chattel of another
b : the practice of slaveholding

1 : Improve your qualifications and move up the ladder! everyone needs to start

at the bottom (gofer, tea boy/girl, errands etc.) Tenacity and determination will create success.

2 : Someone has to be the leader (the majority voted them in??
) and there has to

be a degree of system for everyone to follow or there will be anarchy. Any small or large

group of people faced with a group task will either 'naturally' select or 'vote' in a leader to over

see the task and there will be 'workers' and 'shirkers'(those who go missing when there's stuff

needs doing
)

I don't get what you mean by a) and b)
but I don't think anyone has been a 'chattel'

since women's suffrage
And I am sure no one is allowed to practice slave holding

since the abolishment of slavery

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

sorry for the reapeat limited posts but ECONOMIC CONSCRIPT is the words i believe you are looking for.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join