It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Quit! The Forced Slavery of America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I completely understand your position, it is one based on tens of years of brainwashing. You completely agree that people in general are too stupid not to buy that green hot dog and that Government needs to be there to protect them from spoiled food. I understand that you believe that kids should not be able to open lemonade stands or the Amish should not sell raw milk. This is all just me complaining about big bad Government.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by spqrenki
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

So we are a tribe then? A man may not be entitled to shelter, but should he not be at least entitled to sleep on the land his forefathers conquered? Society says no. As a homeless man, what are your options? Jail or a shelter.
edit on 17-2-2013 by spqrenki because: (no reason given)

We are not a tribe, though we are a group of humans like they are under the same guiding principals of organization. And no....you are not entitled to things everyone ALWAYS worked for. As a homeless man, take advantage of social programs that give you a start and work your way back up from rock bottom. People have done it. They were not alcoholics or drug users though. That would be a huge set back.

it is no excuse.

EDIT:
Also there is not an inch of land that wasnt someone else´s at one point that was taken by conquest. NOT ONE PEOPLE OR AREA OF LAND EXEMPT. That is what happens when a nomadic species begins settling down.

We have only recently, historically speaking, settled down anywhere. For about 90%+ of our existence we have been nomads....

edit on 17-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." -Thomas Jefferson

It seems we're not even entitled to the land our fathers conquered, how sad.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I think what spqrenki is trying to say or as I see it is that, those in power seem to be obsessed with controling every aspect of ones livelihood, and hence created a system by which we are only able to do things as determined by law, of which some situation are really beyond ones control, take for example sleeping in sidewalks is illegal for the homeless folks or selling of lemonade on streets being illegal.

Peace

edit on 17-2-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spqrenki

true, banks have us by the balls, but it is not the end of the world. They only just gained that grip in the early 20th century after our entire history before that spent successfully defying them.....

So really we can still turn this ship around. It is not exactly the rule of law. Even the contract for the Fed is limited by time and patience. An infinite number of things can happen from now to the end of time. The bankers cabal is not the last threat we shall face. Even they are limited in their existence.....

edit on 17-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

I can see that. I see any form of fascism, LEFT OR RIGHT as a problem. I agree with that. Extremes are used to control.....

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

You know nothing about me. Everything you assume about me in your post is incorrect. Just because I don't think we're "slaves" doesn't mean I agree with everything government does or says. You understand nothing. I have my opinions about government intervention into our lives, I am just NOT a victim about it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That is THE epiphany that will hit the sheep like bricks once the dollar loses it's last breath. Most are in mass disillusion and are like rats on a hamster wheel. They "love" their job because they "get paid" to feed their debt addiction of brand marketing.

Alternatively I believe there is enough people who understand what the constitution means and need to bring the issue through the judicial process just as Chris Hedges. Maybe Carl Mayer could become the "people's lawyer" once NDAA suit is litigated. One thing I have learned about tenacious attorneys, if they could create a legacy in setting a precedent inside the law books they just might bite. Which makes them celebrity of sorts and may become highly lucrative in the end or adding damages to ensure they are paid as well as the people.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Do you, as an American, consider yourself a slave? Ironic, isn't it, to live in the land of the free as a slave - even more so considering this free land was stolen from natives and built on the backs of African slaves.

American Indians didn't 'own the land'. They didn't believe in that kind of thing.
The settlers didn't steal it from them. Later treaties were broken .. that's another story.
America was not built on the backs of African slaves. Very few Americans owned slaves.
And any 'slave wealth' that those few people had, was destroyed by the Civil War.

That being said .. you can't quit the system. As long as you are breathing the same air as the rest of us .. you are part of the system. As long as you pay taxes or partake of what those taxes pay for (like enjoying feedom because of a strong defense system), then you are part of the system. If you drive on the roads, then you are part of the system. What you do with your bit of the system could effect the rest of the system. So try to make your part better. If everyone did that ... the system would be better.

Sorry .. it's impossible to 'quit'.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Aren't we all victims of it though? At some point, in every American's life, rich or poor, the Government has a say so in how you live, what you eat, and/or where or how you work. You may not think that working for scraps at some job that treats you like crap with the constant risk of being fired for 40+ years is slavery, of which I would obviously disagree, but at what point does being positive about the situation become wishful thinking?

You're right, I know nothing about you personally. But I do know that blinders only serve the purpose of eliminating the ability to see what's obvious to the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The American indians were already at war with each other before the "white man" ever showed up. The American indians gave up the land they were living on. That doesn't stop the American indians of today thinking that something is owed to them. As to the African slaves, tobacco and hemp is what this country was founded on. The fact is, without slave labor, we would have never made it to the civil war.

I love how we call invading foreign nations, overthrowing dictators (we put in place) and handing foreign aid to Israel (among many) "defense spending". Yes, take my tax money to remove a threat half way around the world that you created with my tax money 30 years ago. Above all that, without said spending, somehow our freedoms would be at a larger threat than the Government itself already poses.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Sorry .. it's impossible to 'quit'.

I disagree, you can quit by going completely off-grid...

Peace
edit on 17-2-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by earthart

Maybe we should revert back to the original constitution,and tell everyone like it or lump it.

Almost the first thing the authors of the constitution gave to government was authority over commerce and they didn't qualify that authority with any particular limits (pithy claims to the contrary). So if I sell you a glass of lemonade, its commerce. If I sell it to you without government authorization, aka a license, I'd be breaking constitutional law. "Our" representatives gave control of commerce to private for-profit central bankers and it was completely constitutional under those unspecified terms.

That's the conundrum, as much as we would wish for it and as hard as we might try to find answers in the law, there is nothing lawful for a debt slave to fall back on. We need to acknowledge that fact and find different remedies.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

The system, or matrix if you will, created to continue the long tradition of slavery is incredibly complex. But nonetheless, it is a scam. There is a reason why you need permits to sell a fish (an official document giving someone authorization to do something that would otherwise be illegal... like sell a hot dog or lemonade), crippling insurance to drive your own cab, and endless red tape and laws to do, well, anything. Because if there wasn't, you wouldn't need a job. You could, like the generations before you, work for yourself and build the life you dream of... without master telling you when and how to pick his cotton.

So I guess we must admit with sad, relinquishment that Obama was right...."government DID build it for us!"

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Aren't we all victims of it though?

In the same way we are "victims" of life and our physical bodies. We have to live within the limitations of our bodies, so we are "slaves" to our bodies' biological functions. You are not "free" to stop eating and still enjoy life! So, you're a slave to food. You are not "free" to fly! You are a slave to gravity and your body's limits.

You CAN freely leave the system or work to change the system if you don't like it. You have so many choices, yet you're stuck in victimhood.

At some point, in every American's life, rich or poor, the Government has a say so in how you live, what you eat, and/or where or how you work.

The government has a say in our lives and we have a say in the government. Unless you get completely off the grid and live completely off the land, without using the roads, parks, fire services, safety regulations, etc., that the government provides, then you're CHOOSING to operate within the society as it is today. Taking a stance of victimhood just means you've given up trying to make things (and your life) better. It's the easy, cowardly way of looking at it, in my opinion.

You CAN get out. You can even move to a country where the government doesn't give a crap about you or how you live. Be on your own. Eat unregulated meat. Get paid pennies on the dollar for your hard work. Have a great time. Fortunately, you are FREE to do so.

Please don't make the mistake of thinking that I have a positive view of government interference in our lives. I am against it. But I DO want regulations that prevent some greedy person from selling me spoiled meat (all bad meat is not green - you can die from perfectly beautiful meat or vegetables). I DO appreciate regulations that limit the pollutants in our air and water. But go ahead and drink whatever waste-laden or cancer-containing water you can find. There are countries where people die from the water, because the government doesn't bother regulating it.

You may not think that working for scraps at some job that treats you like crap with the constant risk of being fired for 40+ years is slavery, of which I would obviously disagree, but at what point does being positive about the situation become wishful thinking?

YOU made the choices that led you to being in that crappy job, accepting crappy treatment. YOU decided to work for someone else. YOU chose to stick in a situation that made you unhappy. YOU made all the choices, yet you put the responsibility, not on yourself, but on your "captors"...

You're right, I know nothing about you personally. But I do know that blinders only serve the purpose of eliminating the ability to see what's obvious to the rest of us.

As regards what's obvious to "the rest of you", I'm not impressed with "the rest of you". I care not how many bitch and moan about being slaves in a society they created. The whole freaking board can come in here and complain about their "slavery" and it wouldn't mean a thing to me. Some say there is power in numbers, but I am truly empowered and don't blame my position in life on others.
edit on 2/17/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

Are we to be treated as children then? Are we as this advanced society too stupid not to buy a green hot dog? We need Government to tell us that eating the green hot dog will make us sick?

Considering the amount of people that used to die from bad or tainted food before the people demanded the Gov do something then clearly the answer is yes. And all these great axamples from the past and I would bet they would give anything to live today. Life is easy and life is good in America and anybody who really knows our history, and not some fantastical fantasy of it, knows it as well. It is funny to read about how hard life is and then listen to old who complain about easy people have it today. I suppose people are gonna complain no matter what but, man thiis is just kind of sad.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Considering the amount of people that used to die from bad or tainted food before the people demanded the Gov do something then clearly the answer is yes.

What? There was a public vote on the creation of the food and drug administration? When did that happen?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

You CAN get out. You can even move to a country where the government doesn't give a crap about you or how you live. Be on your own. Eat unregulated meat. Get paid pennies on the dollar for your hard work. Have a great time. Fortunately, you are FREE to do so.

Yep, maybe OP should move to Somalia. Not much government goin' on over there....

topics.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Yep, maybe OP should move to Somalia. Not much government goin' on over there....

Coulda fooled me.

Jul 1, 2011 ... An American military drone aircraft attacked several Somalis in the militant group the Shabab late last month, the officials said, killing at least ... www.nytimes.com...

Aug 29, 2012 ... The attack also destroyed many houses in the area, said local sources. The US military uses remote-controlled drones in Somalia

Sep 5, 2012 ... At least 21 people have been killed in the latest attack by US assassination drones in Somalia's southwestern region of Gedo, Press TV reports.

Oct 14, 2012 ... On Sunday, the unmanned aircraft targeted al-Shabab fighters near the Shalanbood region in Merka town. Earlier in the day, heavy clashes ..

Do a search on how wonderful life in Somalia might be ~ if not for all that American made **** falling from the sky.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

Seizure of the political machine and the judiciary that gives them cover. Then ..... mass trials. You can't fix a body that has turned 100% to cancer.

After scrapping the cancerous players, rebuild a new republic.

So your recommendation is all-out revolution?

Can we condone that much death and destruction? Should we?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join