It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acceptance Of Homosexuality Leads To Extinction

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by lme7898354
reply to post by infowarrior9970

Not to mention the behavior of gay men helped lead the the spread of HIV-aids. Innocent people like Ryan White died from blood transfussion infected with the aids virus. I have to side with the Bible on this one. That was parts of the reason GOD destroyed Sodum and Gomorrha.

This is ignorance. It is believed by most AIDS researchers that the first spread of AIDS happened due to someone (most likely a heterosexual) in Africa coming in contact with an infected monkey. In Africa, the disease is spread through heterosexual sex more than homosexual sex.

www.pbs.org...

Actually, from a conspirator's point of view... AIDS was just the early Swine Flu.

Cooked up in a lab, and released to the public.

edit on 14-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by lme7898354
reply to post by infowarrior9970

Not to mention the behavior of gay men helped lead the the spread of HIV-aids. Innocent people like Ryan White died from blood transfussion infected with the aids virus. I have to side with the Bible on this one. That was parts of the reason GOD destroyed Sodum and Gomorrha.

This is ignorance. It is believed by most AIDS researchers that the first spread of AIDS happened due to someone (most likely a heterosexual) in Africa coming in contact with an infected monkey. In Africa, the disease is spread through heterosexual sex more than homosexual sex.

www.pbs.org...

Actually, from a conspirator's point of view... AIDS was just the early Swine Flu.

Cooked up in a lab, and released to the public.

edit on 14-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

Maybe, but there's tons of evidence that the virus was around a long time before there were ever any labs.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

It's interesting that most Scandinavian countries' birth rate increased, according to your data, while the rest of the countries' decreased... Looking at the Scandinavian countries' attitudes toward homosexuality, it seems these countries are, by and large, VERY accepting of homosexuality. This illustrates STRONGLY that the acceptance of homosexuality doesn't decrease the population... In fact, there may be evidence to indicate that it does just the opposite. More study would be needed to determine that, of course. But I think it's safe to say that acceptance of homosexuality does NOT decrease the birthrate at all.

The countries in your list whose birth rate increased are: Denmark, Norway and Sweden.

Cross-national Differences in Attitudes towards Homosexuality

Approval was especially strong in the Low Countries with the Netherlands first and Belgium (Flanders) fifth and in Scandinavia with Denmark second, Norway third, Sweden seventh, and Finland eighth.

I am posting the 2008 numbers (the most recent year available) for reference.

Trends in Approval of Same-gender-Sexual Behavior by Country, 1991-2008

Denmark: Not Wrong at all - 57.3%
Norway: Not Wrong at all - 56.7%
Sweden: Not Wrong at all - 51.2%

For comparison, the US is ranked 17th with only 32.3% saying homosexual behavior is "not wrong at all", and 53.6% saying that it's "always wrong".

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I am glad to see someone not frightened by the political correct movement and the mind cencor's, though I personally don't feel it is right to discriminate except on ground's of "religeouse belief", Consenting ADULT's must have the freedom to live by there own conscience even if the rest of us are uncomfortable about it,.
And while I myself have never felt attraction to the same sex I did have a friend who was Gay and never knew until he killed himself, there have been gay and bisexual people for at least thousand's of year's even ancient olympian inscription's prove this but and here is the crux,.

Without wanting to offend anybody it is a common sense scientifically valid view that if a creature doese not pass on it's gene's to the next generation it doese become extinct, so If we are genetically programmed to be heterosexual what is causing the very high prevelance of homosexual genetic mutation or varience, is it natural, yes to some degree, is it environmental, cultural, chemical (pollution) or radiation (pollution) that has caused this very high prevalence of genetic drift, whatever the answer a Human being is a Human being and as a rational thinking feeling sentient being they have as much right as anybody to exist in freedom and equality, and at 6 billion and growing I doubt they will cause extinction though the very inadequacy of global government and the short sighted vested interest's of political economic's may very well spell doom for billion's.

There is one specie's called rhesis monkey's that have sex with other member's of there clan regardless of gender as a form of social bonding (think I may stick to handshake's myself) and they are of course primate's.
But in species were this is rare it has been noticed with higher prevelance in area's of environmental pollution though that may also be because they are being more thouroughly observed.

Live and let live - and from a christian point of view though it is not acceptable in my religeon turn the other cheek, judge not lest ye be judged, let he whom is without sin cast the first stone - and when none did Jesus said "then neither shall I" and dropped the stone he had picked up when challenging the crowd - if one had cast the stone he would have struck them down for there own sin as this is how it shall be on judgement day for all of us and he alone is judge, most gay people are decent hard working folk that are not harming anybody except promiscuouse individual's and they are the same regardless of gender persuasion.

This doese not mean I approve of it but if it was My child I would love them no less though it would break my heart never to be a true grand parent and one of god's blessing's would be denied me.
edit on 14-2-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Homosexuality in rats has been studied. It is a biochemical response to mammal over-crowding. It's a limiter on over population. That has been proven in studies with rats and might reasonably be extended to all mammals.

There may be many other cultural causes for homosexuality or the sex act itself, but regardless of the cause, the genetic line of the homosexual will, in most cases be cut off. It's basically, genetic suicide. So in a way natural selection is working just like it always has for countless millions of years.

They are existentially humans with inalienable rights so leave them alone will ya? They still contribute to humanity in all ways except gene propagation. A homosexual person could cure cancer or aids or autism the same as any other person. So a religious wing nut wouldn't take the cure if it came from a Homosexual? Yea, right.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I have often wondered a couple things.

Could homosexuality be nature's way of dealing with over population?

Could homosexuality be nature's way of preventing someone with "bad genes" from passing them on to future generations? Thus strengthening the human gene pool.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

This is interesting and as snowspirit and myself pointed out, there are other reasons for people choosing to postpone, keep the number low or just say no.

The standard of living in those countries is probably the best indicator as to why their birth rate is up. Both Argentina and Spain have gone through tough economic times in the last decade or so and I think the birth rate reflects that, while countries that are economically stable also show more stable birth rates.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

I found your post interesting, so I did some looking around.

Originally posted by InverseLookingGlass
Homosexuality in rats has been studied. It is a biochemical response to mammal over-crowding. It's a limiter on over population. That has been proven in studies with rats and might reasonably be extended to all mammals.

I think this is a distinct possibility.

What Science Knows about Homosexuality

With rats, it has been found that prenatal stress on the mother seems to result in more gay males and females. With humans, living in closer conditions and both parents having to work to survive, are two stresses I can think of that could possibly have an effect on the stress felt during pregnancy.

Dr. Ward divided some pregnant rats into three groups. Suspecting that something special might be happening in the early stages of pregnancy, she subjected the first group to stress during the first ten days of gestation by irritating the mother rats to bright lights, noise and annoying vibrations.
The prenatally stressed males showed low levels of male copulatory behavior and high rates of female lordotic responding (i.e. "lordotic" refers to mounting behavior which usually occurs during mating).
Because the stress hormone seems to mimic testosterone, there is the delay or blockage of the effectiveness of testosterone, even if it is plentiful. This causes a disturbance in the "defeminization" of the hypothalamus.
Even a small amount of this molecule during the critical first trimester of pregnancy could be enough to make the developing hypothalamus defeminized or masculine. So the same mechanism can possibly explain both male and female homosexuality.

VERY interesting.

They still contribute to humanity in all ways except gene propagation.

But gay people ARE propagating their genes.
And they are having straight offspring. It may all depend on the stress the female experiences during pregnancy.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by chrome413

Interesting Idea about preventing overpopulation in nature , however your thoughts on bad genes is kinda slipping into the area where you imply that all gay men and women somehow have bad genes !
hetersexuals have bad genes too !

I dont think there is enough to go on to warrant further study .

In the animal kingdom gay animals are not used to prevent overpopulation because the determining factor is the abundance of food sources if there is enough food to go around animals would breed continually without stopping year in year out.
edit on 14-2-2013 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I do not agree that any of this data will prove true. Just because a few are homosexual, does not mean that the entire majority will "turn" gay. There is no evidence to support that and people that are gay are born gay so I can't fathom how a "gay gene" could spread between a same sex couple either as they as of right now can't reproduce. Even if there is a gay gene, who cares? Like stated earlier, not everyone is or will ever be gay.

Along with that, this data also does not take into account that population sizes are diminishing because of financial status of couples and families, advances in birth control, and the knowledge that children are nothing to be rushed into. You want to know why population growth is dropping? Because people are beginning to realize that they don't need eight to ten children per family. Multiples were had in the days before effective healthcare whenever only maybe four of those children would survive their first birthdays. Nowadays, we have advanced knowledge of healthcare which means that we can get by on less children. Alongside that, why have a bucket of kids? It's better to give one a great quality of life than to be in poverty and have many tiny mouths to feed and eventually more people to live off of the system.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The prenatally stressed males showed low levels of male copulatory behavior and high rates of female lordotic responding.

I'm not sure really this has anything to do with homosexuality. Low copulatory rates are an indication of homosexuality? I thought the homosexual stereotype was that of promiscuity.

Female (rats) responding as females normally do? Again, I don't get it.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
edit on 2/14/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/14/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

i love the effort you put into the thread, but its like using a nuke to kill an ant honestly. wish it wasnt wasted on a no brainer.

and the people who still actually believe it wouldn't have the brain power to understand your charts or maps anyway,

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by chrome413

however your thoughts on bad genes is kinda slipping into the area where you imply that all gay men and women somehow have bad genes !
hetersexuals have bad genes too !

edit on 14-2-2013 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

I simply asked a question. You may infer what you will from that question, but the statement implies nothing.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm not sure it has anything to do with homosexuality, either, but I still find it interesting that the stress levels in these rat studies appear to have something to do with sexuality at all.

And I'm certainly not trying to prove a stereotype.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
Yes you have been. Turn on the TV you see homosexuality, the movies,

When I turn on the TV, NarrowGate, the most prevalent type of program are reality shows which showcase a wide variety of individuals I don't think have the RIGHT to bring a child into this world. Sixteen and Pregnant springs to mind immediately, as does nearly every chat show which parades young/junked up/criminal individuals who somehow have managed to find a mate and pass on their awful genes. As for the movies, I typically see a male lead involved in some shenanigans and ultimately winning the hand of the female love interest. Could you be a little more specific please? Admittedly I don't watch much TV except for when my housemates are watching, and it's usually the aforementioned trash.

the military ("Nutt to butt privates" - ask any scout or tanker who went to Knox),

Admittedly, I've never served myself, but I have a couple friends who have or still are. All of them have partners and children. Though they serve in the British forces so maybe the degree of fruityness is lower?

gay marriage (marriage was instituted by God who called homosexuality an abomination do you need proof of this?),

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!! Christian marriage is definitely an institution created by the Judaic/Christian God. Marriage itself has existed for longer than your faith claims the planet has existed. Marriage is one of the few things which actually PREDATES reliable recorded history. Which means, in essence, we don't know when it began. It could have come before fire or the wheel. Christians didn't invent marriage. Like most of the faith, it was stolen from somewhere else.
And, no, I don't need proof of God calling it an abomination. Corinthians, right? Which lists, among other things, the eating of pork as an abomination, planting two different types of seed in the same plot, wearing clothes made of two different fibres, talking to a woman on her period, sitting on a chair a menstruating woman has used, and all kinds of outlandish crazy. Obviously, as a devout and God fearing individual, you do none of those things...right? Otherwise, I've got bad news for you... you're in exactly the same boat as any man who lies with another man.

Originally posted by secretsister65
Everyone know gays are perverts. I'm sick of them and their sick system. They think they are taking over the world with the New World Order.

What, exactly, is perverted about gay sex? And, I assume, you're referring specifically to mano-y-mano relations here? Is it the anal sex? Cause if it is 44% of straight men and 36% of straight women have given it a pop. Which I'm sure you realise, you being such a devout Catholic, is in fact a mortal sin. Run those numbers we've all been throwing at you (they're called facts) and you'll find out the number of hetero's who use the back door is similar, if not higher, than the number of gay men who are using it.

We don't need a world full of sick people that mate with anything with an orifice. Stop calling me ignorant. I'm not going to shut up.

They're gay. They're not going to mate with anything with an orifice. Only those who are the same sex as them and is a consenting adult.

Seriously, why is it even a debate? Homosexuality is, despite what some think, a very natural thing. It's been a part of human society probably as long as human society has existed. The simple fact that there are gay animals is further proof. There are species of whiptail lizards which are ENTIRELY female. An entire species of lesbian lizards that thrive, and mate, and reproduce.
There is no gay agenda. Why do gay people need an agenda? It's only in the past 30-40 years they've even been treated like real people. And the amount of stigma they still get is ridiculous.

Time was, the idea of black people, or women, or Jews, or one of the many social groups which some people just can't seem to understand or inherently fear or think of as being lesser, being treated equally would have caused a debate of this magnitude. And it's the people who propagate those pointless, inane and (most infuriatingly of all) IGNORANT arguments that make me wish something would wipe our small minded, arrogant tumour of a race off the face of this planet.

ATS is about denying ignorance. Some people think that means 'Wake up! And look at what your leaders, or the media, or the aliens are doing!' and it does to a degree. It also means wake up and take a long hard look at what YOU are doing. Statements based on ignorance are, to me, the most offensive, regardless of the sentiment expressed. It is impossible for someone to have an opinion on something of which they know nothing. So before posting closed minded drivel, educate yourselves, then come back so we can have a stimulating debate, and not throw mud at each other.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Could you imagine if they posted just "no" as you said.

I'd probably see you or others saying "prove it" Nobody can please everybody

You're very blunt.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413
I have often wondered a couple things.

Could homosexuality be nature's way of dealing with over population?

Could homosexuality be nature's way of preventing someone with "bad genes" from passing them on to future generations? Thus strengthening the human gene pool.

I highly doubt it.

Homosexuality always existed, both in animals and humans, and will continue to exist.

Don't forget, Homosexuals can still have their biological kids.

If nature were to control population, people would be born sterile or other sexual problem that would prevent them to pass the genes.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
come on! people, if you don;t want t read the entire thread AT LEAST READ THE OP!

18 pages and people are still falling for the title and not reading the OP.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JackofBlades

Homosexuality is not natural and is an abomination. If you don't want to see it fine.

eta: Jesus is Lord God is real.
edit on 14-2-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Homosexuality leads to extinction.

No, it leads to more women for me

Or more women with aids. gays like women too. They are hard wired to like women. They choose to be gay. AIDS spreads much faster in homosexuals because of the type of "intercourse" they have.

So yes, more women with AIDS for you.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join