It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acceptance Of Homosexuality Leads To Extinction

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Please read entire post.

We have all heard this said many many times on ATS and elsewhere:

Homosexuality leads to extinction.

Accepting homosexuality is the catalyst.

I am creating this thread in the hope we can all be as honest and objective as possible. Please put forth evidence to substantiate the premise, or evidence to the contrary. My hope is that it will become clear this gloomy fear is not supported by observable truths. My hope is then people on ATS will stop spreading what I strongly feel is misinformation.

I will be using 10 of the Gay Friendliest Countries in the World for the rest of the post. I then plugged each country into Worldbank.org to see both crude birth rates and population growth.

Derived from total population. Population source: (1) United Nations Population Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Population and Vital Statistics Reprot (various years), (3) Census reports and other statistical publications from national statistical offices, (4) Eurostat: Demographic Statistics, (5) Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Statistics and Demography Programme, and (6) U.S. Census Bureau: International Database.

Birth rate, crude (per 1,000 people)
Crude birth rate indicates the number of live births occurring during the year, per 1,000 population estimated at midyear. Subtracting the crude death rate from the crude birth rate provides the rate of natural increase, which is equal to the rate of population change in the absence of migration.

United States 14
Argentina 17
Belguim 12
Canada 11
Denmark 11
Iceland 15

Netherlands 11
Norway 13
South Africa 21
Spain 11
Sweden 12

As you can see acceptance of homosexuality in these countries has not stopped the "breeders" from making babies.

Population growth (annual %)
Population growth (annual %) is the exponential rate of growth of midyear population from year t-1 to t, expressed as a percentage.
2008-2012

United States .7%
Argentina .9%
Belguim 1.0%
Canada 1.0%
Denmark .5%
Iceland .3%
Netherlands .5%
Norway 1.3%
South Africa 1.2%
Spain .4%
Sweden .8%

Unless I counted wrong there are 18 countries in the World with a negative growth rate. My list of countries have positive, not negative, growth rates. So despite the acceptance of homosexuality in these countries, heterosexuals are able to birth enough babies to continue an increase in population.

Be sure to click this link to compare the stats to all other countries.

What about the World in general?

According to UN projections and US Census Bureau the world population may rise to 16 billion by 2100; according to the lowest estimate, it may decline to only 6 billion.

Homosexuality makes up an estimated 3-10% (from what I have seen) of the World population. Homosexuality is not contagious! (it hurts to even have to say that). There will continue to be 90-97% heterosexuals in the World, potentially making babies.
edit on 13-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I am creating this thread in the hope we can all be as honest and objective as possible.

Honestly and objectively....
No. It doesn't.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I am creating this thread in the hope we can all be as honest and objective as possible.

Honestly and objectively....
No. It doesn't.

We disagree many times Phage...

This isn't one of them

Peace

edit on 13-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

link   
I agree with the statement.

Homosexuality does leads to extinction. If we were all gay ..we'd stop reproducing and eventually die out in a few generations.

unless gay men started impregnating gay women all of a sudden.. but last I checked they don't like each other very much

edit on 13-2-2013 by infowarrior9970 because: corrections

+7 more 
link   

I agree with your statement.

Homosexuality does leads to extinction. If we were all gay ..we'd stop reproducing and eventually die out in a few generations.

Did you read the entire post?

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I am not allowed to have a position? Based on the evidence I see this concern is not rational. BUT I am open to seeing evidence to the contrary.

Of course you can have a position...of your choice.
The thing is you will find no evidence on the pro side of the debate because there is none. Homosexuality has existed for as long as the genus homo.
So a simple "no" is adequate.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by infowarrior9970

Since when does acceptance of homosexuality = "all gay". That was quite a leap.

I don't think it is the acceptance of homosexuality which has caused the lower birth rates in developed countries. If anything it has been a shift of priorities from having a family to having a career.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I assume you know my position is NOT on the pro side? That should have been clear in the post...

I do not believe homosexuality will lead to extinction or even a lower world population!

My point of making this post was to hopefully show that sufficiently so people will stop saying it so much on ATS.

But I am open to seeing seeing any contrary evidence and arguments.

So a simple "no" is adequate.

I agree. But not everyone does. That's why I made the thread

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I assume you know my position is NOT on the pro side?

I do, indeed.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
to anyone who thinks homosexuality will lead to a reduced birthrate and then eventually extinction...
ummm...

The demographic-economic paradox is the inverse correlation found between wealth and fertility within and between nations. The higher the degree of education and GDP per capita of a human population, subpopulation or social stratum, the fewer children are born in any industrialized country.

en.wikipedia.org...

national success and development leads to extinction
fear this instead

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Lower population comes from wealth and education...planned familys, healthcare that allows for most of your offspring to survive to adulthood taking the burden off of parents to do security by numbers, etc.

So...the graph and such is irrelevant.

As a byproduct of educational standards, homosexuality and other alternative lifestyles become more accepted in society..that is the only connection between populations slowing growth in said countrys.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
to anyone who thinks homosexuality will lead to a reduced birthrate and then eventually extinction...
ummm...

The demographic-economic paradox is the inverse correlation found between wealth and fertility within and between nations. The higher the degree of education and GDP per capita of a human population, subpopulation or social stratum, the fewer children are born in any industrialized country.

en.wikipedia.org...

national success and development leads to extinction
fear this instead

or erm..ya..what he said.
( really should read to the end before commenting. I am so redundant)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
My apologies for everyone who will not bother to read past the OP and make some wild delusional claim that you are a homophobe

The whole gay=death thing was always a ridiculous argument, even before we had things like facts to prove ourselves correct.

Actually all the arguments against homosexuality ( which if you think about, is a stupid position. How could you be against a sexuality? Anyway..) are really ridiculous. They are in fact based only on personal experience and subjective morality.

Neither of those two things are important however, in a society of adults that make decisions based on facts, and not the above.

Luckily we almost live in that society.

~Tenth
edit on 2/13/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

that is the only connection between populations slowing growth in said countrys.

The stats show an increase in population in said countries. Was my post that confusing?
Hmm. I can edit if you point out where I went wrong.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I don't think that infowarrior read the complete OP AND I don't believe that infowarrior has the ability to read and understand the graphs and statistics or understand the question!

Homosexuals have been around since the begnning of time, if acceptance of homosexuality led to extinction humans would have become extinct centuries ago!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
No way, excepting homosexuality doesn't turn males homosexual. I expect the level will rise a bit and therefore population wouldn't grow as fast, but that's a good thing, there's over 7 billion of us.

Even if every single person on the planet turned gay right now we wouldn't go extinct, we are advanced enough to stop that happening through artificial impregnation etc.

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
As a currently single male, I just want to publicly state my appreciation and support of gay men everywhere - as each and every one of you is yet another guy I won't be competing against in my quest to actually find another relationship before I wither and die.

If that's un-PC I apologize. But it's honest.

Re the OP: Some of the greatest ancient civilizations not only accepted homosexuality - but considered bisexuality to be the norm. The Greeks and Romans come to mind. Obviously they did not suffer any citizenship shortages from these practices at all.

Given out current circumstances, I'd sooner worry that our diets or lifestyle choices are going to make us sterile, thus jeopardizing our future as a species, and not spend a second thinking that we're going to be wiped out of existence by too much of "the gay".

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Correlation does not neccessarily mean causation.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Dear Lucid Lunacy,

Pop history and bad statistics are unimpressive. Try reading Arnold J. Toynbee, he wrote about what causes societies to thrive and die, it is not homosexuality, lol. You need to learn history, there are just as many gays today as there ever been, the percentage is sort of a constant. It is not as if some years we produce more gays than others. The birth rate is not going down because there are more gays, it going down because heterosexuals are having fewer children. Check the numbers and take responsibility, how many kids do you have? I have three. I did my part and I am straight and preach.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

No, I don't think it would. Not even if all of a sudden every single person was gay. There are other ways of making a baby then a man and a woman "sleeping" together. The old Turkey juicer method and I know of a few gay women who have slept with men because let's face it, it is cheaper than going to a sperm bank.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join