It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acceptance Of Homosexuality Leads To Extinction

page: 28
<< 25  26  27   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

There is no reason why a gay man or woman can not be conservative. In fact it would make more sense for them to be conservative since conservatives do not force their ideals on anyone. They have a live and let live mentality and LOVE privacy and self reliance. THE VERY heart of the gay rights movement.

Wat?

Conservatives force their ideals on people too. How you could even think of saying that in a topic primarily about gays and indirectly same sex marriage.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I was not talking about extremes. The platform for the most part is small government and less spending on public policy. Conservatives are not about forcing their own views on others. They for one support state sovereignty. That means that every state decides what it does for itself. They support privacy personally. They uphold their communities ideals but do not see them as being the only way for the rest of the country.

All ecological concerns for example and green initiatives are from progressive culture. Agenda 21 is the model for the sustainable development of the world according to progressive and green ideals. This is being imposed on every community on a local level and is being forced down our throat internationally. That is a huge subject, but needless to say it is not live and let live or very honest in its intended goals or purpose.

Multiculturalism is being forced on everyone to such a degree that it is causing way too many problems for the affected communities to catch up to in time. There is no reason to force the presence of one population on another. Like putting a scorpion and a bird in the same cage...not everyone mixes. BUT noooo we are a global family...even though that is a lie.....we are a diverse planet with ever changing communities that are not always on the same page....

Internationalism and globalists agendas of all sorts are mixed in with these few concerns which I just mentioned and essentially through them and many other initiatives, seek to control all vital industries and consolidate all forms of governance so as to impose a complete slave system of debt and perpetual interest payment.

Did you hear about British dentists lobbying for a 20% tax hike on soft drinks so people will "stop drinking them and getting bad teeth"....yeah, like the smoking bans and prohibition before it. ALL BS from progressive idealists. No one will drink less soft drinks and they know that. That is why bleeding us for 20% more in taxes from them seems like a great idea (to them). The progressive culture cant have people eat badly and do unhealthy things because if it is for their own good a few can (must) then decide what the majority should do.....in other words imposition of their views and ideals...

say what you will, but conservatives, like the word implies are for less government and less over arching public policy when it comes to everyone. They are local heros and community minded. A progressive person sees any thing done locally as applicable on a national level. OOOH we got them to make seat belts mandatory....lets make it national policy....OOOOH we got them to make cell phone usage while driving illegal, lets make it a national standard....OOOOOOHHHHH We know best....

Conservatives live and let live. They mind their business and let people decide for their own sovereign asses.

How could you not know that and still fall prey to progressive fallacies with the plethora of information available in the "information age".....do you even know what agenda 21 is? The story of how the Nazi party leached its way into every ones life and in every facet? You think they were conservatives? No they were extremist naturalists and did things for "every ones good"...how can you miss that? What are you your parents generation or the antithesis of them? How convenient huh......

And this thread....I see no reason to force any one state to deny or allow same sex marriage. I say let the people decide themselves. Maybe Texas wont allow it, but then California shouldnt force Texas to allow it like Texas shouldnt stop anyone else from doing it. State sovereignty.....all the way....Conservatives like to decide for their own communities, not every one elses´...

Saying it should be made nationally recognized because it is "the right thing to do" is a prime example of imposition of views and ideals through underhanded means. How about everyone decides for themselves as it is that in the US for example the constitution doesnt cover that, and so the states must decide for themselves when that happens.

edit on 19-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I think the topic of this whole thread is ridiculous and insulting to gay
people.

Rebel 5

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Pansexuality FTW, y'all.

If it's consensual it should be legal. And no, animals and children can't consent. But if any combination of grown adults wants to do anything, that's their business. I'm a gen-Y who got married young and am a faithful monogamist, but that's just me.

This is about simple, libertarian, freedom- and liberty-based values. Anything else is unjustified oppression.

And I'm not too concerned about gay people never having children, I think even if we woke up tomorrow in a twilight zone where people only had same-sex attraction, I think people would bite the bullet and impregnate each other from time to time, for the survival of the species...

edit on 19-2-2013 by guanyu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by guanyu

Good point.

Lesbians do that all the time (get themselves impregnated in order to have children)

Rebel 5

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rebelv

I think the topic of this whole thread is ridiculous and insulting to gay
people.

I couldn't agree more
Wish it wasn't a belief held by some (in my experience, many) people.

It's also not based in anything rational. At least I haven't been swayed so far in this thread. So far the only argument I can see as plausible is if homosexuality can be 'taught'. If that was the case it's hypothetical, however unlikely, large populations could 'convert'. Most seem to agree, as do I, that people have little to no choice. The idea it's learned, in the conventional sense, hasn't been substantiated here or elsewhere. That idea seems fear-based and not much else.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Even if everyone turned gay in this world in vitro would still be possible

top topics

<< 25  26  27   >>

join