It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Things Going On At The Farm

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

Bet you can't find one of them pictographical evidenteriaries of one, Hank.,

ETA: I will amend that and say PERHAPS an air evac helicopter gas blue lights???
edit on 18-1-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

This is a picture from the window in our kitchen

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

The airport would be to the south west of us.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteWitch2002

Is your kitchen window facing due West, or is it facing the airport?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I have never really had a great interest in UFOs it just wasn't something that I would read about.
As far as the medical problems I did not know what to think but it had become almost a joke that the aliens had taken my tube for some reason.
As far as my family being unsettled there were a couple incidents that left us wondering, they were when we were camping and could not figure out where time had gone but we just chalked it up to being tired and out in the fresh air and altitude.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

My kitchen window faces due south. The airport is 40 miles away and when they are using the runways that run north and south they are coming across our house at 5000 feet high or more.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Have you ever used a compass to check the actual alignment of your house?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

We used a gps in a weird way. Our 5 year old grandson was walking around with the gps asking us what direction this is. We made the mistake of letting him use the gps for fun and he kept asking us what it said so I ended up following him around the house for 30 min answering his question what does this say LOL Our kitchen is facing south and I know because I answered that question about 5 times LOL

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

This is the horse I was speaking of that spooked so bad.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

OK. Get a compass and check. Handheld GPS pieces are only accurate to about 25 meters. And that is in the best of conditions. Meaning, in an open field. Inside a house, with a roof over your head, it is likely much worse that 75' at any given point.
When you couple that with the fact he is drawing straight-line distances from a "short leg" (inside your home), with that margin of error, you may see that your window doesn't point south at all!

And all of that is to say this...regardless of the airport, those runways basically run with the cardinal directions. Within a few degrees. If you are at a 45 degree angle to the runways, at a distance of 40 miles, you are NOT in the flight-path of the airport.

Sure, they may come close, but they aren't going OVER

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I think the only compass I have is packed in my husbands hunting gear I that I will not go through (way to scary I'll take blue lights anyday)
I worked in the tower for an airline as ground control so you are more then likely right no argument from me LOL

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Oh, I know I am right. I am a former land surveyor. I can visualize this stuff.

That doesn't debunk anything, though. Obviously, it ADDS to the intrigue of the story.

ETA: I remember once our company was paid a very large sum of money to go to our local airport and check, double check, triple check, and then check again the accuracy of the runway to North-South. Specifically the magnetic alignment vs. True North.
It was odd.
Apparently around here Magnetic North is about 7 degrees East of True North, if I remember correctly.
edit on 19-1-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I am just trying to state what happened to my daughter and I. I was hoping to gain some insight into what could have happened and if anyone had another idea on what it could be. I welcome all ideas and all questions. I enjoy seeing the ideas posted here and really do take everything into consideration.
Thanks to everyone who has posted here and are trying to help me figure out what is going on. Please keep up with the ideas and help.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Oh, no doubt! Like I said, no telling with witness testimony alone. I was merely trying to rule out, or call into question, something from the airport!
Seems to me it wasn't.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

No I didn't mean that directed at you so sorry. I know that everyone is trying to help and I truly do appreciate it very much and the more questions the better to rule things out.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Used Stellaraium to confirm that this is indeed a photo taken looking south from the Denver area.

All the referenced stars can be confirmed with stellarium.

The star that I labled "Adhara" was mislabeled it was intended to read: "Furud", sorry for the error.

edit on 19-1-2013 by RobertF because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2013 by RobertF because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by bourbon2nite

Bet you can't find one of them pictographical evidenteriaries of one, Hank.,

ETA: I will amend that and say PERHAPS an air evac helicopter gas blue lights???
edit on 18-1-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

Now your just being a jerk, I have nothing to prove to you. I have lived to many years to be bothered by you. goodnight. And to you op good luck.

edit on 1/19/2013 by bourbon2nite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I did notice that their are many airports around the Denver area, as labeled on Google Earth. Around 15 of them. Mostly small airports which would service small personal aircraft. I know you said that your daughter would recognize aircraft lights, but really it is the most believable answer to what your daughter saw.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Aircraft High Intensity Discharge (HID) Landing and Taxi Lights

HID lights offer up to 6 times more light than standard incandescent or halogen bulbs while drawing only a fraction of the current.

The lights feature a 5,000 hour life and run cool so they can be left on indefinitely. We stand behind them with a full 5 year, or as long as you own your aircraft warranty! (Kits HID03-3612L, HID03-3612T, HID03-3624L, HID03-3624T are not a Knots 2U STC and carry a two year warranty.)
Similar lights are sold for over $900.00 apiece. Knots 2U's prices start at $550.00 each!

Specifications:

Candle Power

Lights are FAA-PMA Approved and can be field approved for virtually every aircraft. Bulbs are available in a 16 degree (landing) or a 34 degree (taxi) configuration.

Most cars currently use halogen bulbs in their headlights. The new blue-ish headlights are using a different technology called High Intensity Discharge (HID). We normally see HID lamps in the form of mercury vapor and sodium vapor lights used as street lamps and as outdoor lighting for stadiums. These lamps are popular because they are efficient. In the case of sodium vapor, they are twice as efficient as normal fluorescent bulb
auto.howstuffworks.com...

edit on 1/19/2013 by bourbon2nite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

The only problem with small aircraft lights is if it was flying low enough to light up my kitchen then it would have landed in my bedroom. I promise there is not an aircraft parked in my bedroom at present time LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join